Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,140 members, 7,835,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit (45125 Views)

Ronaldo Shouts At Santos After Portugal Failed To Qualify For Wolrd Cup(video) / Uruguay Vs Portugal: World Cup (2 - 1) On 30th June 2018 / Iran Vs Portugal: World Cup (1 - 1) - Final (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by Numerouno94(m): 8:56pm On Dec 11, 2022
Okhuadams:
The greatest i feel you that's life. But here some pple go begin throw insult pple wey no reach half of him slippers, pple wey reach even reach an inch of waiting him achieve and eating him be go begin run there mouth like running stomach. Especially Nigerian pple. And JAGABAN HATERS

Hypocrite. Yes, dats wat u re.Wat abt u that run ur mouth nd insult Peter Obi nd Atiku because of Tinubu? Can u equally lace their shoes? U insult ppl who doesn't support Tinibu's candidature buh crying foul cos ur Pendu is at the receiving end.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by blamingthedevil: 8:58pm On Dec 11, 2022
Knockedoutnado
Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by Corea4king(m): 9:01pm On Dec 11, 2022
He was crying not because Portugal lost but how messi will lift the world cup he is yet to achieve. Don't worry,you see how happy he will be if Messi lost on Tuesday.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by Smashspesh(m): 9:01pm On Dec 11, 2022
Always weeping on Instagram.
Next is Piers Morgan.

This guy would've been better in entertainment.

Football no be too much talk something.

When you lose you cry on the pitch and go house. Simple!

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by TristanX: 9:01pm On Dec 11, 2022
Almiron:
lmao, your Ignorance is amusing, goan watch Messi's investment on YouTube, no be everybody get time to blow their own trumpet.

Your ancestors died nobody, your father is a nobody, you're a nobody, if you never born your future kids and generations will live and die as Nobody

You're irrelevant

Cry more

And look don’t ever quote me here again. I wasn’t referring to u with that comment. I don’t banter with dumb skulls like u, because I hate u personally for your level of foolishness. U are so stupid that u don’t know how to banter sensibly without being insultive.

I won’t be replying u anymore because u can’t bring me down to your dirty level
Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by jimcaddy(m): 9:03pm On Dec 11, 2022
It just so happens that even the greatest players of all time don't get to win the World Cup. This one that Morocco is doing "gbonku gbonku".
Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by djon78(m): 9:06pm On Dec 11, 2022
God1000:
I'm not his fan but seeing him crying yesterday broke my heart, that's not a good way to end his career but there will always be a winner in every game.

He remains a legend forever.

Ronaldo own better

Zidane one of the greatest player of his era ended his career after head butting someone and given a red card in world cup finals

Ronaldo should move on
He has won many things
Time to wrap up his prestigious career
Nothing else left
Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by ciencee(m): 9:06pm On Dec 11, 2022
Winters23:
He said he tried five times in 16yrs but failed, but now the dream is over!

This is the sad reality, even the greats amongst us come short of their life's dreams and its nothing to be ashamed of.

But the game must go on....
But the dream is not over yet, he can still win it as a coach, if he ventures into coaching and deals with his attitudes.
Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by dchamp234(m): 9:07pm On Dec 11, 2022
God1000:
I'm not his fan but seeing him crying yesterday broke my heart, that's not a good way to end his career but there will always be a winner in every game.

Crocodile tears, that's what he was crying..
Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by ambale(m): 9:08pm On Dec 11, 2022
You will always remain a legend of the game

Forget about all your shortcomings after all you are human first

We love you genuinely for making us happy all these years and I wish you well in your future endeavor
Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by atdscentofwater: 9:08pm On Dec 11, 2022
Great Man, u did your best
Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by Chieffoo007: 9:08pm On Dec 11, 2022
MoneySEASON:
My forever G.O.A.T.

Don't worry, Croatia will knock Argentina out.

Quote me, I snub you. No time!

���� enemy of progress
Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by Reference(m): 9:09pm On Dec 11, 2022
You guys played too conservative, not willing to take risks and without risks you cannot prevail.
Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by djon78(m): 9:11pm On Dec 11, 2022
jimcaddy:
It just so happens that even the greatest players of all time don't get to win the World Cup. This one that Morocco is doing "gbonku gbonku".

Even Messi's Argentina have a tough match against Croatia
A very strong opponent

Modric, kovacic and perisic trio manned midfield will be a very tough nut for Argentina to crack

I see a repeat of 2018 world cup finals repeating itself

Croatia vs France
Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by Cmanforall: 9:14pm On Dec 11, 2022
obembet:
The greatest player of all time, Ronaldo sends message after Portugal's World Cup exit: Cristiano Ronaldo on IG: “I fought hard for this dream, I gave it my all. I just want to tell you all that much has been said, written and speculated but my dedication to Portugal has not changed. I would never turn my back on my country

CRISTIANO RONALDO posted an emotional statement after his “biggest and most ambitious dream” of winning a World Cup ended.

The 37-year-old could not inspire Portugal to quarter-final victory off the bench against Morocco.

He was in tears as he made his way down the tunnel after losing 1-0 to Morocco in the quarter-finals.

And he wrote on Instagram: “Winning a World Cup for Portugal was the biggest and most ambitious dream of my career.

“Fortunately, I won many titles of international dimension, including for Portugal, but putting the name of our country on the highest level in the world was my biggest dream.

“I fought for it. I fought hard for this dream. In the 5 presences that I scored in World Cups over 16 years, always alongside great players and supported by millions of Portuguese people, I gave my all.

“I left everything on the field. I never turned my face to the fight and I never gave up on that dream.

“Unfortunately, yesterday the dream ended. It is not worth reacting hot.

“I just want everyone to know that much has been said, much has been written, much has been speculated, but my dedication to Portugal has not changed for an instant.

“I was always one more person fighting for everyone’s goal and I would never turn my back on my teammates and my country.

“For now, there’s not much more to say. Thank you, Portugal. Thank you, Qatar. The dream was beautiful while it lasted… Now, it’s time to be a good advisor and allow each one to draw their own conclusions.”

Source: https://www.instagram.com/p/CmB-vaEoR5z/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=
Portugal won Euro, but Ronaldo wasn't involved in that finals. He was substituted due to injury. Yet Eder, the black guy, who secured that win is not celebrated.

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by PJtech: 9:14pm On Dec 11, 2022
Olurondo:
C. Ronaldo is a legend.Even without him winning world cup he remains a legend. Not all legends have won the world cup!

penaldo fans no be wetin we agree b4 world cup start be this... Una don change talk

4 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by emonis88: 9:17pm On Dec 11, 2022
At the end of d day life tames us all, no matter how big u get, keep ur head, cus life tames us all, one way or another, life tames us all ...........
Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by Almiron: 9:17pm On Dec 11, 2022
motionarena:

Pls don't do this the pain is too much. Slept last night in tears cry
your pain dey give me joy, I don't care. Y'all Pendu fans deserve worse.... Zero joy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by Nobody: 9:18pm On Dec 11, 2022
No player is the "best of all time" in my opinion... People who watched Pele and Maradona play, I suppose, had no idea players like Ronaldo and Messi would emerge and shatter records. When they are no longer present, new players will emerge to set new records.

Nonetheless, I'm delighted to be alive to witness Ronaldo and Messi in action.

Make Ronaldo and Messi do retire, make we enjoy this beautiful game like days of old smiley
Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by Almiron: 9:18pm On Dec 11, 2022
PJtech:

penaldo fans no be wetin we agree b4 world cup start be this... Una don change talk
don't mind em bro, if 2 say na Messi first comot we no go hear word

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by Almiron: 9:21pm On Dec 11, 2022
djon78:

Even Messi's Argentina have a tough match against Croatia
A very strong opponent

Modric, kovacic and perisic trio manned midfield will be a very tough nut for Argentina to crack

I see a repeat of 2018 world cup finals repeating itself

Croatia vs France
another Pendu fans spotted lmao, Tuesday no far again, your blood too dey rush... Argentina ain't playing under any pressure, and have nothing to lose, if it happens it happens, if not life goes on, but if it happens I'll make sure y'all Pendu fans will have no rest on this platform for the next decade.

But before you go, pick one bucket and do the needful

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by PJtech: 9:23pm On Dec 11, 2022
We all getting ready for semi-final clash on tuesday Argentina vs Ronaldo fans
Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by Mikeal09: 9:30pm On Dec 11, 2022
Every time i read about M10 and CR7 these days, i hear eminem's song 'walk on water' playing in my head.
Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by CheapHomes1: 9:32pm On Dec 11, 2022
ciencee:

But the dream is not over yet, he can still win it as a coach, if he ventures into coaching and deals with his attitudes.

Ronaldo cannot coach anybody
Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by AfonjaPriest: 9:34pm On Dec 11, 2022
obembet:
The greatest player of all time, Ronaldo sends message after Portugal's World Cup exit: Cristiano Ronaldo on IG: “I fought hard for this dream, I gave it my all. I just want to tell you all that much has been said, written and speculated but my dedication to Portugal has not changed. I would never turn my back on my country

CRISTIANO RONALDO posted an emotional statement after his “biggest and most ambitious dream” of winning a World Cup ended.

The 37-year-old could not inspire Portugal to quarter-final victory off the bench against Morocco.

He was in tears as he made his way down the tunnel after losing 1-0 to Morocco in the quarter-finals.

And he wrote on Instagram: “Winning a World Cup for Portugal was the biggest and most ambitious dream of my career.

“Fortunately, I won many titles of international dimension, including for Portugal, but putting the name of our country on the highest level in the world was my biggest dream.

“I fought for it. I fought hard for this dream. In the 5 presences that I scored in World Cups over 16 years, always alongside great players and supported by millions of Portuguese people, I gave my all.

“I left everything on the field. I never turned my face to the fight and I never gave up on that dream.

“I just want everyone to know that much has been said, much has been written, much has been speculated, but my dedication to Portugal has not changed for an instant.

“I was always one more person fighting for everyone’s goal and I would never turn my back on my teammates and my country.

“For now, there’s not much more to say. Thank you, Portugal. Thank you, Qatar. The dream was beautiful while it lasted… Now, it’s time to be a good advisor and allow each one to draw their own conclusions.”

So bad he left his dream shattered right behind him. If anything is to be said, it was a Qatarstrophe right before his eyes. Now that everything is starting to be clear, he can just look for a quiet place to sit, reflect, and count his many blessings.
Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by CheapHomes1: 9:35pm On Dec 11, 2022
PJtech:
We all getting ready for semi-final clash on tuesday
Argentina vs Ronaldo fans

Tuesdays match is between Argentina and Croatia. Argentina is playing Croatia not Ronaldo fans
Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by mrkings84(m): 9:36pm On Dec 11, 2022
Don't worry G, one day Portugal will win the world cup.......

You are a living Hero
Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by ogbonti: 9:40pm On Dec 11, 2022
God1000:

Ronaldo can go to hell for all I care - HIM and Messi can kiss my black ass - let their reign end in 2022 as the most talked about footballers that it as gotten into their heads and creating unhealthy cult followership - so we can enjoy watchin football without the rivalry grin
Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by Starzo: 9:42pm On Dec 11, 2022
AbalonaTested:
No player is the "best of all time" in my opinion... People who watched Pele and Maradona play, I suppose, had no idea players like Ronaldo and Messi would emerge and shatter records. When they are no longer present, new players will emerge to set new records.

Nonetheless, I'm delighted to be alive to witness Ronaldo and Messi in action.

Make Ronaldo and Messi do retire, make we enjoy this beautiful game like days of old smiley
For where??...mbappe and halaand rivalry go take over

The way I dey see am sef, that mbappe go break all goalscoring records before he retire. Even the record for most world cup goals sef,he go break am.
Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 11, 2022
obembet:

GOOD WRITE UP.
But you Lied at some point Bro....
You have only won one International Medal/Trophy for Portugal and nothing else except Champions league, Premiership, La Liga and their likes.
U have only ONE INTERNATIONAL MEDAL.
Always reconcile that fact.
Meanwhile, MESSI has 3 International medals.
3 GOLD MEDALS and 1 SILVER.
Olympic Gold...... from FIFA
COPA AMERICA from FIFA
Under 20 from FIFA.
Then One Silver from WORLD CUP senior men

Better don't thwart HISTORY, it's too early 4such.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Breaks Silence In Emotional Statement After Portugal World Cup Exit by pquaver(m): 9:47pm On Dec 11, 2022
Olurondo:
C. Ronaldo is a legend.Even without him winning world cup he remains a legend. Not all legends have won the world cup!

OK now u people know Abi.. But refused to recognize Messi without Worldcup and Copa abi? Just pray.. Anything that makes him to win this world cup.. We will Bury u people and your Ewure in this thread.. For years you denigrated a player who has helped his country to more than 5 Copa America finals, led his team to World cup finals, Olympic gold and a U-20 Worldcup.. U-20 cup showed he even started very early to deliver consistently for his country, out of hate you guys insulted and rubbished his achievements.. Wait for it, if Messi wins the cup, you guys should just leave Nairaland football thread for us, if you go to fb and Twitter we will finish you guys there.. We are waiting

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

David Alaba Disguises As Santa Claus In Munich / Jay-Jay Okocha & Wife, Nkechi Celebrate 25th Wedding Anniversary In Maldives / AFCON2019: CAF Hails Alex Iwobi As Karate Kid, Nigerians React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.