Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,049 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

Jamilu PDP Chieftain Over 50,000 PDP Members Joins APC In Gombe State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jamilu PDP Chieftain Over 50,000 PDP Members Joins APC In Gombe State (7201 Views)

10,000 PDP Members Decamp To APC In Edda, Ebonyi State (Photos) / Breaking: 10,000 APC Members Joins PDP In Ogun State / Okowa’s Special Assistants Lead 5,000 PDP Members To APC [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jamilu PDP Chieftain Over 50,000 PDP Members Joins APC In Gombe State by OLAADEX(m): 8:33pm On Dec 12, 2022
Alh Jamilu and over 50,000 people Democratic Party members Joins All Progressives Congress in Gombe state

A Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) governorship aspirant in Gombe State, Isiaku Jamilu Gwamna and his thousands of supporters yesterday decamped to All Progressives Congress (APC), citing irresponsibility and insensitivity as reasons for leaving.

Jamilu came second at the PDP governorship primaries held at Zuguleez hotels in the state capital.

He told newsmen that his decision though personal but was for the general interest of the people and not for desperation purposes as touted in some quarters.

He said it was not true that his return to APC was to further his desperation for power: “I could have joined any of other available parties to further my governorship ambition if truly I am obsessed.

“This is not about me, it is all about Gombe and to tell you the truth, I am now convinced that Governor Muhammadu Yahaya is performing perfectly well, he is fulfilling my dream of Gombe even if I had won the primaries and become governor, I can’t do more than the governor.

“His massive infrastructural dives are just too much for desire. If truly I am for the state then APC is my choice of party. Don’t forget I left there for PDP because of certain things missing but I am happy that those things are now fully rooted,” he said.

He however recalled how he made several peace moves to prevent leaving PDP, noting that the party’s leadership was insincere and too irresponsible for his taste, hence his unavoidable defection.

According to him, not even the intervention of the PDP’s Vice presidential candidate could convince the party governorship candidate, Alhaji Jibrin Barde who he said was not ready to work with him and his group.

“PDP in Gombe is not ready for power, I do not want to stay in a party that does not have respect for members.

“For me, this is a personal decision and since I am not ready to retire from active politics, I needed to find an option and the option is to go back to APC.

“Aside from this, the governor’s infrastructural development is superb and unparalleled, the only way to encourage him is to stay with him. I don’t want to remain in PDP against my wish and be anti-party. PDP in Gombe is divided and any house divided can never hold.

“Now I am in APC to ensure that the governor delivers on his promises to the people and the state, things are now taking shape in APC and in Gombe State,” he stated.

Also in another twist, two serving Gombe All Progressives Congress (APC) in the Gombe State House of Assembly have defected to the opposition, New Nigerian People’s Party (NNPP.)

The duo of Hamza Adamu representing Balanga South and Bappah Jurara of Funakaye South decamped to the NNPP after meeting with the Party’s gubernatorial candidate, Khamisu Ahmed Mailantarki.

Their defection came barely hours to the flagging off of the 2023 election campaign slated for yesterday.

This has however placed NNPP as the emerging major opposition in the state with serving members in the state Assembly.

Speaking with our Reporter, the two lawmakers said they opted for Mailantarki “in the best interest of the state because the candidates of the APC and PDP lack requisite leadership qualities to unite and develop Gombe.”

Meanwhile, it has been observed that aggrieved members of both the APC and PDP have been moving to the NNPP recently.

Other defectors include: the Assistant Director of New Media of the PDP Campaign Management Committee, Hon. Babale Makera who in his capacity has been making the NNPP wax stronger as major opposition in the state.
https://guardian.ng/news/jamilu-over-50000-supporters-dump-pdp-for-apc-in-gombe/

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jamilu PDP Chieftain Over 50,000 PDP Members Joins APC In Gombe State by Nijablast: 8:39pm On Dec 12, 2022
I see opportunities all around Nigeria and if there's anything Buhari has done, he has created the opportunity for us all to explore and with Jagaban as the president of Nigeria, all I see is prosperity.
APC might not be the best party at the center, they are not the worst either I will vote for APC again and again.

77 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Jamilu PDP Chieftain Over 50,000 PDP Members Joins APC In Gombe State by gozmok1(m): 8:40pm On Dec 12, 2022
not only 50,0000

but 5,000,000
������

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jamilu PDP Chieftain Over 50,000 PDP Members Joins APC In Gombe State by JASONjnr(m): 8:41pm On Dec 12, 2022
Why should anybody vote Atiku when Buhari is warming up to return power to the south?

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jamilu PDP Chieftain Over 50,000 PDP Members Joins APC In Gombe State by PrinceOfLagos: 8:41pm On Dec 12, 2022
Be deceiving yourselves

No be only 50,000

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jamilu PDP Chieftain Over 50,000 PDP Members Joins APC In Gombe State by seunmsg(m): 8:43pm On Dec 12, 2022
Who is now left in Gombe PDP? PDP has completely collapsed in Gombe. Kudos to governor Inuwa and all APC leaders in the state.

43 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jamilu PDP Chieftain Over 50,000 PDP Members Joins APC In Gombe State by OLAADEX(m): 8:44pm On Dec 12, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
Be deceiving yourselves

No be only 50,000

As you are deceiving yourself

42 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Jamilu PDP Chieftain Over 50,000 PDP Members Joins APC In Gombe State by IgOga(m): 9:28pm On Dec 12, 2022
Another cooked number. APC and PDP sha dem fit cook anything grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Jamilu PDP Chieftain Over 50,000 PDP Members Joins APC In Gombe State by Mintyguy(m): 9:42pm On Dec 12, 2022
Tinubu is coming
All enemies on the way shall be crushed

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jamilu PDP Chieftain Over 50,000 PDP Members Joins APC In Gombe State by Raheeqilmaktoom: 9:52pm On Dec 12, 2022
Naso people dry hype themselves online and fail to deliver when it really matters? grin grin grin

Jamilu that can't influence his street is now claiming big boy. grin

Jamilu that was disgraced by PDP delegates; they sang 'anzo cin banza' on the loser. grin grin

Lol, ok.

1 Like

Re: Jamilu PDP Chieftain Over 50,000 PDP Members Joins APC In Gombe State by frank14011991(m): 10:42pm On Dec 12, 2022
Raheeqilmaktoom:
Naso people dry hype themselves online and fail to deliver when it really matters? grin grin grin

Jamilu that can't influence his street is now claiming big boy. grin

Jamilu that was disgraced by PDP delegates; they sang 'anzo cin banza' on the loser. grin grin

Lol, ok.
Kai maryachi ne, sardaunan GOMBE is influential in Gombe

6 Likes

Re: Jamilu PDP Chieftain Over 50,000 PDP Members Joins APC In Gombe State by Okoroawusa: 10:46pm On Dec 12, 2022
PDP Is Dead

5 Likes

Re: Jamilu PDP Chieftain Over 50,000 PDP Members Joins APC In Gombe State by money121(m): 6:42am On Dec 13, 2022
Ok
Re: Jamilu PDP Chieftain Over 50,000 PDP Members Joins APC In Gombe State by SenatePresdo(m): 6:43am On Dec 13, 2022
Audio 50,000

What a round number, urchins must really be demented grin

2 Likes

Re: Jamilu PDP Chieftain Over 50,000 PDP Members Joins APC In Gombe State by BOLATINUBU01: 6:43am On Dec 13, 2022
Who said north is not in the bag

JAGABAN OKO IYA WON grin

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jamilu PDP Chieftain Over 50,000 PDP Members Joins APC In Gombe State by mcmurphy132(m): 6:44am On Dec 13, 2022
Does it mean Omo Igbo go cry pepper till 2027 again?

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jamilu PDP Chieftain Over 50,000 PDP Members Joins APC In Gombe State by IKBARUTEN11(m): 6:44am On Dec 13, 2022
Suffer no dy tire these people from that region because of religion and tribalism

Always moving from frying pan to fire and vice versa
Re: Jamilu PDP Chieftain Over 50,000 PDP Members Joins APC In Gombe State by olahero(m): 6:44am On Dec 13, 2022
Jagaban Lokan

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jamilu PDP Chieftain Over 50,000 PDP Members Joins APC In Gombe State by Trapnews: 6:45am On Dec 13, 2022
grin
Jagaban!

3 Likes

Re: Jamilu PDP Chieftain Over 50,000 PDP Members Joins APC In Gombe State by Mandesz(m): 6:45am On Dec 13, 2022
Don't forget the Deborah murdered by this hausas. They'll know no peace.
Re: Jamilu PDP Chieftain Over 50,000 PDP Members Joins APC In Gombe State by BOLATINUBU01: 6:45am On Dec 13, 2022
Is LP not in the north

Y no one dey decamp go there grin grin

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jamilu PDP Chieftain Over 50,000 PDP Members Joins APC In Gombe State by JoeNL22(m): 6:46am On Dec 13, 2022
Gombe, has been making headlines since yesterday.

It is well.

Gombe, do the needful, vote wisely in an OBIDIENT manner. For with Obi, a new and better Nigeria is POssible.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jamilu PDP Chieftain Over 50,000 PDP Members Joins APC In Gombe State by everythinggirly(f): 6:46am On Dec 13, 2022
Una sure? The only thing that can make some of them to change their mind is nothing but money. A country filled with corrupt mind and corrupt practices.
Re: Jamilu PDP Chieftain Over 50,000 PDP Members Joins APC In Gombe State by Majesty2(m): 6:46am On Dec 13, 2022
Mintyguy:
Tinubu is coming All enemies on the way shall be crushed
crush to death

2 Likes

Re: Jamilu PDP Chieftain Over 50,000 PDP Members Joins APC In Gombe State by Falseprofet2: 6:46am On Dec 13, 2022
50,000 pvcs also?
Or just Jamilu family and 49,990 fictitious others
angry
Re: Jamilu PDP Chieftain Over 50,000 PDP Members Joins APC In Gombe State by EtinosaDLaw(m): 6:46am On Dec 13, 2022
mcmurphy132:

It means your mother will be used to clean the floor till 2027

3 Likes

Re: Jamilu PDP Chieftain Over 50,000 PDP Members Joins APC In Gombe State by cosmos1440: 6:48am On Dec 13, 2022
mcmurphy132:

before noon ?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reps Deputy Speaker, Benjamin Kalu Wins At Appeal Court / ACN-Ribadu/Ngige, How Feasible? / Nigerian Senator Salary Structure: How Much Does A Nigerian Senator Earn?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.