Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,779 members, 7,810,031 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:02 PM

Abia Awards N3.2b Contracts - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Awards N3.2b Contracts (1036 Views)

Kwara Generates N3.2b In Three Months / EFCC Shuts Obat Oil’s Tank Farm OverN1.2b Subsidy Cash Diversion / Lagos, Oando Complete N3.2b Power Plant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia Awards N3.2b Contracts by PointB: 11:35am On Aug 30, 2011
Abia awards N3.2b contracts

From Gordi Udeajah, Umuahia

FIVE contracts valued at N3.2 billion have been awarded by Abia State government for the reconstruction of three roads, construction of new workers' secretariat in Umuahia, the state capital and the evacuation of electricity from the 132 KV substation at Ohiya in Umuahia-North Local Council to designated areas.

advertisement

Information and Strategy Commissioner, Okwubunka Don Ubani, who announced this yesterday, put the cost of evacuating electricity at N287 million awarded to Mechanical Systems Ltd.

The new state secretariat contract was awarded to J&J Techno Nigeria Ltd at the cost of N1.08 billion. The reconstruction of the 4.7-kilometre Ohanku Road, Aba, was awarded to Coduc Nig. Ltd at the cost of N733.32 million; the 6.75-kilometre Owerre-Ezukala road will gulp N390.50 million and was awarded to Bok Company Ltd; and the 8.4-kilometre Obohia-Ugwunagbo road was awarded to Coduc Nig. Ltd at the cost of N1.72 billion.

Ubani, who said the contractors were selected competitively, added that a committee headed by the immediate past vice chancellor of Abia State University, Uturu, who is now Secretary to the State Government, Prof. Mkpa Agu Mkpa, has been charged with coming up with modalities for the relocation of the university's Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences from the Uturu main campus to Umuahia, the state capital.

He also disclosed that this month's salaries would be paid on physical identification, with a view to checking ghost workers.
Ubani said the scheduled three-day retreat for commissioners and permanent secretaries in Enugu would still hold from August 28, 2011.

According to him, the 20th anniversary of the creation of Abia State, which falls on August 27 and the 100 days in office of Governor Theodore Orji, would be celebrated jointly from September 6 to 8, 2011.

http://odili.net/news/source/2011/aug/26/5.html
Re: Abia Awards N3.2b Contracts by amaham(m): 5:20pm On Aug 30, 2011
Dis like de third time they've awarded contracts 4 state secreteriat construction.I hope our able govnor will act differently by not looting dis one
Re: Abia Awards N3.2b Contracts by ektbear: 5:54pm On Aug 30, 2011
Where is my own share of this contract? angry
Re: Abia Awards N3.2b Contracts by friedrice1: 8:01pm On Aug 30, 2011
I pity the people of Abia State
Re: Abia Awards N3.2b Contracts by Kobojunkie: 9:33pm On Aug 30, 2011
Pity ke? Abeg who wan join me make we go chop our own billion-billion? e don tey wey people dey chop this thing. Make person go get im share before e finish!
Re: Abia Awards N3.2b Contracts by Relax101(m): 1:18am On Aug 31, 2011
Haha, I bet those companies that won those contracts are his cronies.
Na big and compound thief be Orji.

(1) (Reply)

Germany's "boko Haram" Plants Sixteenth Firebomb / Bards, Balllad And Poems For The Hero - Dim Odumegwu Ojukwu / Terence McCulley (US Ambassador) Supports Fuel Subsidy Removal In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.