Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,864 members, 7,817,559 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us (10333 Views)

I Suffered In My Marriage But Am A Survivor / Top 10 Tips To Sustain Your Marriage / This Question Is For The Men! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by justsun: 2:20pm On Aug 30, 2011
i'm planing of marriage but the question is can 30,000 salary sustain both of us ?she is a graduate but no work yet. i need your advice.
Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by claremont(m): 2:31pm On Aug 30, 2011
If I were you, I will put off the wedding until my income improves, but that's just me though. There are some people who don't mind start a family in a "face-me-I-face-you" house (which is what 30,000/month can afford really), I don't share that pattern of thought.
Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by MrsChima(f): 2:34pm On Aug 30, 2011
Naira? Hell no!
Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by Tosinville(m): 2:49pm On Aug 30, 2011
Abeg suspended the marriage till you're capable of doing that, man
Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by DAY12(m): 3:07pm On Aug 30, 2011
Go ahead and get married, Almighty is your strength! sad

after all my father married my mom when his financial state wasn't so good ( Just one bedroom ) undecided
Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by justsun: 3:45pm On Aug 30, 2011
thanks for ur reply,i strongly belief in the lord that nothing is impossible with him.
Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by Mynd44: 3:49pm On Aug 30, 2011
^^^
Yeah you have faith and all that but I will still say NO. Just cos you believe God will do something does not guve you the right to walk into something silly
Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 30, 2011
justsun:

thanks for your reply,i strongly belief in the lord that nothing is impossible with him.
who have you been talking with lately?
Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by Nobody: 4:02pm On Aug 30, 2011
op how old are u? why are u in a hurry to get married? take ur time and wait till ur income grows
Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by MrCork17: 4:02pm On Aug 30, 2011
Isnt 30,000 naira about £23 in the uK? undecided
Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by Nobody: 4:07pm On Aug 30, 2011
u dey kraze 190. divide N30000 by N260 to get the £ equivalent
Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by justsun: 4:14pm On Aug 30, 2011
Don't you belief that there is blessing in marriage,God can open doors of opportunities after the marriage, after all he said in his word that he that fineth a wife fineth a good thing and obtaineth fovour of the lord.is not a man that he should lie.God is faithful to his promise.

1 Like

Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by 5stardude: 4:21pm On Aug 30, 2011
Sure bro why not. It worked for me. With $100 monthly income
Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by Goldieluks: 4:33pm On Aug 30, 2011
Why not wait for her to get a job first,why in a hurry ?
Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by MrCork17: 4:40pm On Aug 30, 2011
toba:

u dey kraze 190. divide N30000 by N260 to get the £ equivalent

toba. sweeery who the heck are u callin 190? do I look cripple to you? undecided
Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by IZUKWU(m): 4:48pm On Aug 30, 2011
Mr, Cork:

toba. sweeery who the heck are u callin 190? do I look cripple to you? undecided
Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by Nobody: 5:03pm On Aug 30, 2011
omg. 190. u mean 190 is crippled? shocked i will tell mr corke what u said embarassed
Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by MrsChima(f): 5:10pm On Aug 30, 2011
justsun:

Don't you belief that there is blessing in marriage,God can open doors of opportunities after the marriage, after all he said in his word that he that fineth a wife fineth a good thing and obtaineth fovour of the lord.is not a man that he should lie.God is faithful to his promise.

If you are so sure then WHY DID YOU CREATED THIS POST ASKING US [size=44pt]WHAT DO WE THINK?[/size]

I don't get some people, they go around asking people questions and then get defensive when people are not telling them what they wants to hear.  Why the hell you asked for our opinions then?
Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by MMM2(m): 5:12pm On Aug 30, 2011
mr cork & toba pounds is now 280 - 285 angry
Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by MMM2(m): 5:16pm On Aug 30, 2011
op
dont try dat.

Dats risk
angry

re u a gambler
Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by harakiri(m): 8:53pm On Aug 30, 2011
Yes! N30k can sustain you and your wife if you intend to feed on beans every day. Some people don't pity themselves. Tomorrow, dem go say na "winch" for village dey hinder dia progress
Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by Nobody: 9:13pm On Aug 30, 2011
M M M:

op
dont try dat.

Dats risk
angry

re u a gambler

@OP,
Please tell me you are taking the mickey.
I think you posted this in the wrong section.The jokes section is over there.
Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by 2mch(m): 9:21pm On Aug 30, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked 30,000 gold bars or . Naira? lipsrsealed
Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by Exponental(m): 8:42am On Aug 31, 2011
Location matters. Lagos, Abuja, PH, Eastern Cities, it will be hard to survive on dat alone, "cost of meals, accomodatn n transportatn". I stayed in Ilorin n I will tell u, YES, they can survive. So LOCATION matters!Location matters. Lagos, Abuja, PH, Eastern Cities, it will be hard to survive on dat alone, "cost of meals, accomodatn n transportatn". I stayed in Ilorin n I will tell u, YES, they can survive. So LOCATION matters!

2 Likes

Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by Nobody: 8:45am On Aug 31, 2011
singin felA for dIS OP, U GO SUFFER! U GO TIRE! U GO QUENCH! U GO PISS 4 BODY U NOR GO KNOW!
Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by hollas2jnr(m): 8:46am On Aug 31, 2011
@OP: its a sure thing u r only here to inform fellow nairalanders and not seeking anyone's opinion, u already have ur mind made up. anyway, if u want to go ahead, then i wish u luck, u should know what u want man.
Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by saintneo(m): 8:50am On Aug 31, 2011
@OP

NGN30000 monthly. It can be difficult, but you can never say never. If the girl in question is okay with it, then you guys can work out the methods to which you can live with the money. The truth is that money is never enough, whether as a single person or a married couple. You just have to plan yourself. If you personal expenses does not exceed NGN10000 per month, then I think you can do it. You can get married to your girl, but you have to postpone child birth till she gets a jobl. However, you have to be looking up for better future as well.
Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by bigfat04(m): 8:56am On Aug 31, 2011
yes it cant sustain you
Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by bigfat04(m): 8:56am On Aug 31, 2011
except the girl is super rich ,
Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by Dsage1: 9:11am On Aug 31, 2011
@op,hope u're not in lagos,Abuja,PH&oda big cities.Though,som pple earn less dan 30,000/month in lagos but dey manage to survive.If u stay in Osun,Ekiti,ondo,oyo or kwara,u may liv confortably wit ur wife witout children&cars or wit jst one child,@op,hope u're not in lagos,Abuja,PH&oda big cities.Though,som pple earn less dan 30,000/month in lagos but dey manage to survive.If u stay in Osun,Ekiti,ondo,oyo or kwara,u may liv confortably wit ur wife witout children&cars or wit jst one child,

2 Likes

Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by ddippset(m): 9:31am On Aug 31, 2011
It all depends on your age. If ur 35 and above, go ahead and get married, cut your coat according to ur cloth and hope for better conditions. But if ure still 34 try and improve ur financies firstly.

1 Like

Re: I'm Planning Of Marriage But The Question Is Can 30,000 Salary Sustain Both Of Us by hexcraft(m): 9:33am On Aug 31, 2011
@Poster,  It is VERY POSSIBLE. Like other Posters have noted, Choice of location matters alot and also the nature of what you do that gives you that 30k, If it gives you time to do other things, then Its VERY POSSIBLE. Also another thing to consider is you and your spouse style of living (living expenses) your collective choice for life and where you might want to be in the next 10yrs. OUTSIDE LAGOS, ABUJA and PH, You can survive in ANY OTHER TOWN IN NIGERIA VERY WELL, Its just your determination and state of mind. God always bless a faithful and hardworking hands, that is my personal belief.  The marriage should not be expensive( just according to your earnings, don't rely on people to help you, cos they will not want you to succeed, SO PUT ALL YOUR TRUST IN GOD, I tell you with as little as 60-150k, you can do your wedding it all depends on YOU AND YOUR WIFE to be., REMEMBER Marriage is not the celebration, but the LIVING AND STAYING TOGETHER IN LOVE AND PEACE. (NOTE FOR YOU NOT TO SIN, IT IS BETTER TO MARRY (I know its in the bible can't really remember the portion now)

@ All the rest posters, Why are you people not encouraging him? Do you know his destiny? (will you be happy if this man blindfolds and carry gun tomorrow). How did Iwayanwu, Dangote, and their likes started, can you really tell. YOU MUST LEARN TO MANAGE whatever you have. My Brother Read Mathew 25:15-29, This should really tell you HOW BIG OUR GOD CAN BE. BE WISE AND MAKE THE RIGHT DECISION, ALL YOU NEED IS GOOD PLANNING AND MANAGEMENT.  BEST OF SUCCESS.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Husband Refuses To Tell Me About His Secret "Woman" Friend / My Wife And I Have Fought Again And I Think I Want Out / Amazing New born Facts: How Much Do You Know About Your Babies?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.