Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,765 members, 7,851,613 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:47 AM

Obaigbena To Alake, Onanuga: Present Your Candidate For Live Townhall Meetings - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obaigbena To Alake, Onanuga: Present Your Candidate For Live Townhall Meetings (17542 Views)

ThisDay Editors To Dele Alake, Onanuga: You Cannot Bully Or Silence Free Press / Tambuwal Reacts As Nduka Obaigbena Mocks Wike At Mother’s Funeral / Tinubu, Dangote, Fayemi Attends Margaret Obaigbena's Funeral In Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obaigbena To Alake, Onanuga: Present Your Candidate For Live Townhall Meetings by EndsarsReloaded: 12:19pm On Dec 14, 2022
lovinagbad:
If you feel he is arrogant go to the poll and use your pvc. BAT has his own style. Why are people crying

Of course, I and millions of other reasonable Nigerians from North, South, East and West are waiting with our PVC to teach the old arrogant rogue a lesson of his life.

In fact, it has become obvious that Tinubu will come 4th behind Kwankwaso.
Re: Obaigbena To Alake, Onanuga: Present Your Candidate For Live Townhall Meetings by Agbegbaorogboye: 12:25pm On Dec 14, 2022
emkz:
Nduka Obaigbena is an interested party in the 2023 elections.

His sole interest is his pocket.

Asiwaju will not do what Obaigbena wants. He should accept it and continue his arranged townhall meetings with PDP members.

And he claims those that worked with him are in Asiwaju's organizations as if Ngozi Alaegbu and Sumna Sambo are Obaigbena’s products.

The guy is not pro-masses, but is pretending to be because it benefits him right now.

Apart from Dokpesi, when have we seen a media proprietor take sides openly for or against a candidate? Even NTA doesn't do that.
How is Obaigbena an interested party in the elections?
What party is he running on?
I guess TVC and the Nation don't take sides

1 Like

Re: Obaigbena To Alake, Onanuga: Present Your Candidate For Live Townhall Meetings by tegrianonigltd(m): 12:27pm On Dec 14, 2022
Moh247:
cool

It's funny how some idiots now took over our media space forgetting heros of democracy and fooling the Gen Z with no knowledge of history..

It's Dele Alake and Onanuga today it's going to be others victimized by newer Generation

Africa can't develop this way

All this moronic Zombidiots are not even gainfully employed at late 20s , and I wonder their hateful future soon relying on Yahoo, ritual, Kayamata and olosho

Go and check the history and life of all those who conspired against Awolowo that did nothing to them, but was progressive while they envied

Do Town Hall at our station, Tinubu refused stating this same station had insulted him and slandered him

Awolowo snitched on the meetings, he poisoned himself later on. Go ready your history. Awolowo is a snitch.

1 Like

Re: Obaigbena To Alake, Onanuga: Present Your Candidate For Live Townhall Meetings by IfnobeGod20: 12:31pm On Dec 14, 2022
Segzy19:
So he already did that on BBC.
Again, Arise is in no position to tell Tinubu what to do or how to campaign...

It is not compulsory to do town hall interview or whatever... Arise should rest... It's a TV station and should not be that overtly bias and partisan.... Tinubu owns TVC... He could have arranged and rehearsed a good interview with a presenter just to fool the public but he has not done that...
It's simply not in his plan... He has been talking publicly to the masses at his various campaigns anyway....

Was it not the same Arise that set trap for Peter Obi, which Obi unknowingly walked into?

The problem of this nation are its people. Does Tinubu have two heads that media houses and organizations will organize presidential debate for candidates and Townhall Meeting and he will be the only person absent? NTA, ChannelsTV, ICAN and even private individual, Kadaria but he ran away while the other three leading candidates were in attendance. Are all the ones listed above also bias to him?
You guys need to be reasonable and save this country than giving life to individual rather than to the good of the nation.
In a serious country, Tinubu would have lost supporters for that singular act of his. No one can act superior to his nation and her people.

1 Like

Re: Obaigbena To Alake, Onanuga: Present Your Candidate For Live Townhall Meetings by diggindeep: 12:45pm On Dec 14, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:
Gibberish!

Let it be known that His Excellence, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu is not constitutionally mandated to attend a town hall meeting or whatsoever!

I don’t know why some unscrupulous elements and hogs are so bent on what’s not!

Leave the choice to the electorates and stop romancing what won’t gain an erection!

How do you feel writing this BULA BALU?

1 Like

Re: Obaigbena To Alake, Onanuga: Present Your Candidate For Live Townhall Meetings by RZArecta(m): 12:51pm On Dec 14, 2022
EndsarsReloaded:

People of low mentality always see everything through tribal lens. It's even funny that guy didn't really say anything about tribe yet you jumped in to say that Nduka who is from Delta North, is not Igbo.

SMH.
me high and mighty mentality, you have been noticed
Re: Obaigbena To Alake, Onanuga: Present Your Candidate For Live Townhall Meetings by Sammy5413(m): 1:10pm On Dec 14, 2022
You mean a town hall different from Balablu
Re: Obaigbena To Alake, Onanuga: Present Your Candidate For Live Townhall Meetings by Segzy19: 1:17pm On Dec 14, 2022
Since when has it been a compulsory requirement of getting elected as a candidate to attend debates and townhall meetings?

Only if you can answer this question....

IfnobeGod20:

The problem of this nation are its people. Does Tinubu have two heads that media houses and organizations will organize presidential debate for candidates and Townhall Meeting and he will be the only person absent? NTA, ChannelsTV, ICAN and even private individual, Kadaria but he ran away while the other three leading candidates were in attendance. Are all the ones listed above also bias to him?
You guys need to be reasonable and save this country than giving life to individual rather than to the good of the nation.
In a serious country, Tinubu would have lost supporters for that singular act of his. No one can act superior to his nation and her people.
Re: Obaigbena To Alake, Onanuga: Present Your Candidate For Live Townhall Meetings by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 14, 2022
Moh247:
cool

It's funny how some idiots now took over our media space forgetting heros of democracy and fooling the Gen Z with no knowledge of history..

It's Dele Alake and Onanuga today it's going to be others victimized by newer Generation

All this moronic Zombidiots are not even gainfully employed at late 20s , and I wonder their hateful future soon relying on Yahoo, ritual, Kayamata and olosho

Go and check the history and life of all those who conspired against Awolowo that did nothing to them, but was progressive while they envied

Do Town Hall at our station, Tinubu refused stating this same station had insulted him and slandered him

Whose fault is it that Nigerian youths in their late 20s are not gainfully employed?
Under whose rudderless government is this country facing the worst unemployment scorge in our democratic dispensation?

If Bola Tinubu feels he has been insulted and slandered by Arise TV, why then has he refused sit-downs with other reputable media houses? Does he not own TVC? Why can he not sit down to scrutiny from the same Nigerians he wants to lead on his own platform?

Some of you just deliberately try to play smart with glaring issues all in a bid to promote your political interests. You're deifying the man, painting an arrogantly glorious image of him even as someone seeking the votes of the masses to the number one office. And that is the height of idiocy! He should be answerable to US!

This is the same way the Buhari menace was packaged.

2 Likes

Re: Obaigbena To Alake, Onanuga: Present Your Candidate For Live Townhall Meetings by b4ball: 1:34pm On Dec 14, 2022
Segzy19:
Since when has it been a compulsory requirement of getting elected as a candidate to attend debates and townhall meetings?

Only if you can answer this question....

While it is not a lawful requirement, it is customary the world over to attend live debates with your opponents. Even in the American democracy we practice, this debates starts even from party primaries between aspiring candidates. You saw the fierce debate between Truss and Rishi sunak right? What about Trump/Biden

The question should be; why is Tinubu running away from a live debate with his opponents? What is he afraid of?

Same man who packaged the failure called Buhari on a mantra of Change and Nigerians didn’t ask questions, they simply ran along with CHANGE AND SAI BABA, is now packaging himself. Nigerians are now saying; come let’s ask questions this time around and he is saying, it’s not a constitutional requirement Really

2 Likes

Re: Obaigbena To Alake, Onanuga: Present Your Candidate For Live Townhall Meetings by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:35pm On Dec 14, 2022
ajekpaks:
I expected tubunu to give NTA an interview... for where
the one he gave on BBC go and watch it.. even if tinubu appear in your dreams you still won't vote him so... Embrace your Obi while you wait for his defeat next.. even if u hit your Head on a slab tinubu will rule you next year...
Re: Obaigbena To Alake, Onanuga: Present Your Candidate For Live Townhall Meetings by OGHENAOGIE(m): 1:39pm On Dec 14, 2022
Nwaetche:
Nope!

Did you read the statement? Arise CEO said that Tinubu should even go to any media of his choice and do just 8mins of Interview and they will stop making their demand.

go watch the BBC interview or u and nduka can go Bleep yourselves... When tinubu wins arise shouldn't report it self mtcheew
Re: Obaigbena To Alake, Onanuga: Present Your Candidate For Live Townhall Meetings by emkz: 2:15pm On Dec 14, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

cc: emkz
I purposely didn't reply to your epistle because I was so sure Obaigbena will respond.
You can see how he stayed on issues without resorting to insults and petty cheapshots.
You can also see clearly who is being ungentlemanly in conduct between both parties.
It's also obvious that you're too biased that you have to jump the gun with Onanuga and Alake's wishy-washy response without waiting to hear from the other side.
You can now take your time and read and see if your points have not been adequately responded to in this statement before raising further questions.
Go to pm news and see the type of gutter news they gave been publishing about Obaigbena since this matter broke. I hope you'll find the heart to condemn them.

(1) Just like he stayed on issues when ThisDay/Arise issued the first statement grossly attacking Onanuga and Alake and lying that they asked him to fire his employees.

(2) You say Dele Alake and Onanuga's response was wishy-washy, but Obaigbena spoke sensibly because he pandered to your own biased sentiments. You are not in a position to accuse me of bias.

(3) You believed APC called for two journalists to be sacked without hearing from them and accused me of not believing something the accuser did not and has not provided evidence.

(4) You are asking me to have the heart to condemn PM News. Till now, have you condemned those who threatened the life of Omatseye? To you, it is okay if evil is done to someone you dislike. I am not wired that way.

You can see why I decided not to respond to you for the third day after our exchange started elsewhere. It seems you are chasing me all over the place to respond to me as if you are obsessed.

Nduka Obaigbena is an interested party in 2023 elections because he has always made money from PDP government which APC has reduced. He is compromised because he is openly hobnobbing with PDP, e.g., when he sang Tambuwal's praises publicly for betraying Wike. But to you, this is the man whose organization should moderate a debate/townhall involving a candidate he has shown aversion for?

Guy, give me a break. If you are defending a crooked fellow, what does that make you? To you, it was okay for Nduka Obaigbena to attack the personalities of Bayo Onanuga and Dele Alake, but they should not respond to him in kind, because it is wishy-washy if they do.

Are you objective at all? You can answer that for and to yourself.
Re: Obaigbena To Alake, Onanuga: Present Your Candidate For Live Townhall Meetings by emkz: 2:21pm On Dec 14, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

How is Obaigbena an interested party in the elections?
What party is he running on?
I guess TVC and the Nation don't take sides

Right now, the greatest attack against APC and the candidate is not PDP, LP or NNPP. It is Arise News/ThisDay/Rufai Oseni.

Why?

Only a naive person will think they are pro-masses.

Go and find out why Arise News MD Ijeoma Nwaogwugwu resigned her position.
Re: Obaigbena To Alake, Onanuga: Present Your Candidate For Live Townhall Meetings by Murphyenemuwe: 2:23pm On Dec 14, 2022
comparing Accra to Lagos and by the way are you from Accra? Kindly tell me your state first. Let's start from there
Osamabinladenik:
Has Lagos progress visavis the kind of money and revenue it gets?

Come, let me take you to Accra so you can be ashamed
Re: Obaigbena To Alake, Onanuga: Present Your Candidate For Live Townhall Meetings by Themandator: 2:27pm On Dec 14, 2022
Moh247:
cool

You be real fool Sha... Did this day or arise say Tinubu shkiukd come to them... Use tvc or nta but present yourself for an interview that last more than 8 minutes

Empty peeps trying to divert the discourse
Re: Obaigbena To Alake, Onanuga: Present Your Candidate For Live Townhall Meetings by Themandator: 2:34pm On Dec 14, 2022
emkz:

Right now, the greatest attack against APC and the candidate is not PDP, LP or NNPP. It is Arise News/ThisDay/Rufai Oseni.

Why?

She resigned to pursue other endeavours... She must not die with Nduka business... From this day to Arise

Somebody elft Channels Poliiitics today for Seun to come on board
Re: Obaigbena To Alake, Onanuga: Present Your Candidate For Live Townhall Meetings by Osamabinladenik: 2:40pm On Dec 14, 2022
Murphyenemuwe:
comparing Accra to Lagos and by the way are you from Accra? Kindly tell me your state first. Let's start from there
I am from Ogun state.

Let's compare Lagos to other African cities in it's league, whether you won't bow your head in shame
Re: Obaigbena To Alake, Onanuga: Present Your Candidate For Live Townhall Meetings by emkz: 2:45pm On Dec 14, 2022
Themandator:

She resigned to pursue other endeavours... She must not die with Nduka business... From this day to Arise

Somebody elft Channels Poliiitics today for Seun to come on board

Deji Badmus who hosted Politics Today on Channels TV had issues with the proprietor of Channels TV over a political coverage of an event in Ogun State related to a PDP faction. The proprietor of Channels insisted that all political coverage must be cleared by him, and confiscated a tape recording of the event that Deji Badmus in Ogun State Deji Badmus had sent a reporter to cover. Deji felt he could not work there where all editorial decisions are taken by the Chairman instead of an objective coverage of all sides. Suleman Aledeh left for controversial reasons too.

So Ijeoma leaving to pursue other interests has nothing to do with the fact that Nduka Obaigbena may be taking editorial decisions that compromises ethics in journalism.
Re: Obaigbena To Alake, Onanuga: Present Your Candidate For Live Townhall Meetings by maestroferddi: 2:48pm On Dec 14, 2022
Moh247:
cool

You can trash-talk from now to kilode but the moment Tinubu and his horde of hustlers elected to attack the media marked the beginning of the end.

Nigerians have moved on from the distraction called Tinubu's aspiration to the presidency...
Re: Obaigbena To Alake, Onanuga: Present Your Candidate For Live Townhall Meetings by maestroferddi: 2:52pm On Dec 14, 2022
Segzy19:
Arise just wants to use Tinubu to gain popularity but Tinubu isn't giving them that opportunity. That's why Arise is so pained...
Don't sound like a clown...

Arise TV is the most popular news/media stable in today's Nigeria.

Tinubu and his lackeys got much more than they bargained for...
Re: Obaigbena To Alake, Onanuga: Present Your Candidate For Live Townhall Meetings by Buccalcavity2: 3:25pm On Dec 14, 2022
Nduka should please stick to facts instead of the rigmarole. It's a fact that you were sanctioned for promoting fake news against this candidate and you paid fine. It's a fact that you were sanctioned by a UK court and delisted. It's a fact that you collected arms deal money and refunded it; you wouldn't have if it was legitimate. It's a fact that one of your anchor is a card carrying PDP member and was a candidate in the last election. This Abati is part of those who want BAT to be interviewed by him.
How do you reconcile these and remain impartial? It is simple logic.
Re: Obaigbena To Alake, Onanuga: Present Your Candidate For Live Townhall Meetings by Agbegbaorogboye: 3:47pm On Dec 14, 2022
emkz:

Why?

That's your perspective. It does not mean it conforms with reality
Re: Obaigbena To Alake, Onanuga: Present Your Candidate For Live Townhall Meetings by Agbegbaorogboye: 4:00pm On Dec 14, 2022
emkz:

(1) Just like he stayed on issues when ThisDay/Arise issued the first statement grossly attacking Onanuga and Alake and lying that they asked him to fire his employees.

(2) You say Dele Alake and Onanuga's response was wishy-washy, but Obaigbena spoke sensibly because he pandered to your own biased sentiments. You are not in a position to accuse me of bias.

(3) You believed APC called for two journalists to be sacked without hearing from them and accused me of not believing something the accuser did not and has not provided evidence.

(4) You are asking me to have the heart to condemn PM News. Till now, have you condemned those who threatened the life of Omatseye? To you, it is okay if evil is done to someone you dislike. I am not wired that way.

You can see why I decided not to respond to you for the third day after our exchange started elsewhere. It seems you are chasing me all over the place to respond to me as if you are obsessed.

Nduka Obaigbena is an interested party in 2023 elections because he has always made money from PDP government which APC has reduced. He is compromised because he is openly hobnobbing with PDP, e.g., when he sang Tambuwal's praises publicly for betraying Wike. But to you, this is the man whose organization should moderate a debate/townhall involving a candidate he has shown aversion for?

Guy, give me a break. If you are defending a crooked fellow, what does that make you? To you, it was okay for Nduka Obaigbena to attack the personalities of Bayo Onanuga and Dele Alake, but they should not respond to him in kind, because it is wishy-washy if they do.

Are you objective at all? You can answer that for and to yourself.
Can you highlight where exactly AriseNews attacked Onanuga in their first editorial? They simply called them out for bullying and intimidation. I don't see how calling someone out constitutes an attack. All the individual need do is to deny the allegation, or at worst explain the reason for his actions.

You can quote where Obaigbena insulted the persons of Onanuga or Alake in his rejoinder. Go back and read Onanuga/Alake's response. They called Obaigbena a hustler, corrupt, blackmailer and other such unprintable names!

Again and again, note that both men have not denied that they asked for the sack of those guys. If they have, kindly screenshot and paste it here. You're the one who has been denying on their behalf while they went off on a totally different trajectory.

I believe the subject of discussion is the media and their relationships with presidential candidates. IPOB is neither a media organization nor a presidential candidate. Omatseye had no business bringing IPOB into Obi's picture since Obi never said he is an IPOB member, neither has he ever said he is representing IPOB in the presidential race. If Omatseye decided to go looking for ant-infested wood, he shouldn't complain of visits by lizards. PM news are a media outfit. You started your rejoinder by claiming Arise is biased. You conveniently left out the Nation and now PM news owned by same Onanuga.

Note that Obaigbena is not the only media owner who made money from PDP govt then. TheNation was also fingered in the matter. I guess Omatseye is now a PDP member now grin grin Tinubu also visited Obaigbena during that period of his mother's burial. The issue between Wike and Arise is public knowledge so poking fun at Wike by the owner of Arise news does not imply he is a PDP member. Except you mean, Nduka was fighting Wike on behalf of Tambuwal and PDP. I hope you can fathom how preposterous that sounds.

Obaigbena has said that Tinubu need not come to Arise, he can go to an outfit of his choice an liking but to ignore the media totally is unacceptable. I don't think that is an unreasonable thing to say from him and I don't see why Onanuga should be so peeved by that demand. Afterall, they claimed to have fought for democracy. Did they fight for democracy to lord it over others and ignore the yearnings of the masses?
Re: Obaigbena To Alake, Onanuga: Present Your Candidate For Live Townhall Meetings by emkz: 4:31pm On Dec 14, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Can you highlight where exactly AriseNews attacked Onanuga in their first editorial? They simply called them out for bullying and intimidation. I don't see how calling someone out constitutes an attack. All the individual need do is to deny the allegation, or at worst explain the reason for his actions.

You can quote where Obaigbena insulted the persons of Onanuga or Alake in his rejoinder. Go back and read Onanuga/Alake's response. They called Obaigbena a hustler, corrupt, blackmailer and other such unprintable names!

Again and again, note that both men have not denied that they asked for the sack of those guys. If they have, kindly screenshot and paste it here. You're the one who has been denying on their behalf while they went off on a totally different trajectory.

I believe the subject of discussion is the media and their relationships with presidential candidates. IPOB is neither a media organization nor a presidential candidate. Omatseye had no business bringing IPOB into Obi's picture since Obi never said he is an IPOB member, neither has he ever said he is representing IPOB in the presidential race. If Omatseye decided to go looking for ant-infested wood, he shouldn't complain of visits by lizards. PM news are a media outfit. You started your rejoinder by claiming Arise is biased. You conveniently left out the Nation and now PM news owned by same Onanuga.

Note that Obaigbena is not the only media owner who made money from PDP govt then. TheNation was also fingered in the matter. I guess Omatseye is now a PDP member now grin grin Tinubu also visited Obaigbena during that period of his mother's burial. The issue between Wike and Arise is public knowledge so poking fun at Wike by the owner of Arise news does not imply he is a PDP member. Except you mean, Nduka was fighting Wike on behalf of Tambuwal and PDP. I hope you can fathom how preposterous that sounds.

Obaigbena has said that Tinubu need not come to Arise, he can go to an outfit of his choice an liking but to ignore the media totally is unacceptable. I don't think that is an unreasonable thing to say from him and I don't see why Onanuga should be so peeved by that demand. Afterall, they claimed to have fought for democracy. Did they fight for democracy to lord it over others and ignore the yearnings of the masses?

We were discussing media bias of Arise News/ThisDay and you went to bring the Nation and TVC. Why would you introduce new evidence without addressing the lack of objectivity by Arise/ThisDay? I understand your diversionary tactics.

The press release by Arise/ThisDay had 11 paragraphs. If you haven't read it, go to the 2nd and 9th paragraphs and read objectively. Then you can answer your questions where the duo of Onanuga and Alake were attacked.

You then went on to insinuate that Sam Omatseye should not complain because he called it upon himself. Then do not complain because if Obaigbena was insulted, he equally called it upon himself. I am using your own theory about IPOB and Omatseye.

You said both men have not denied asking for the sack of some journalist. I take it you didn't read or didn't properly understand the release by Onanuga and Alake where they denied that allegation. You also did not watch the interview by Dele Alake granted to Olajumoke Olatunji on Politics Tonight on TVC where he said they calling for the sack of anyone in ThisDay/Arise never happened.

But I expect you'd not believe them because you have taken a stand to support Obaigbena despite his crooked ways.

As for Nduka Obaigbena asking Tinubu to make himself available for townhall, debates or interviews in other TV stations, tell yourself that Obaigbena is too small to dictate to a Presidential candidate how he'd run his campaigns and what he should do. Even though he claimed Tinubu should appear elsewhere for interviews, why did Nduka Obaigbena, Charles Aniagolu and Arise atta k Tinubu for appearing on BBC, with Charles Aniagolu trying to downplay it?

I am happy that you succinctly accept that ThisDay historically collect briefs from PDP and Nduka Obaigbena made money from them, but it is laughable how you want to wish it away by trying to drag other media houses into it. Accept that Obaigbena is a businessman, not an activist he has suddenly become to the uninformed who do not know his antecedents.

Since when did Obaigbena want to inform political narrative and control voters' behaviour? Where has he been for more than 23 years?

Then you are implying that Nduka Obaigbena singing for Wike does not mean anything. Pause, reflect and look at the optics of that. Imagine other media proprietors behaving like that and tell me if it does not compromise the media outfit.

The final issue I want you to reflect on: Obaigbena attacking Onanuga and Alake amounts to calling them out, but Onanuga and Alake doing the same to Obaigbena is personal attacks. Are you not being biased?
Re: Obaigbena To Alake, Onanuga: Present Your Candidate For Live Townhall Meetings by emkz: 4:33pm On Dec 14, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

That's your perspective. It does not mean it conforms with reality

Your hypothesis is your own perspective. It is far detached from reality.

Challenge me that what I said is not true. Why is Obaigbena issuing statements as if he is contesting elections? Why is Channels, Vanguard, Punch, etc not issuing statements against parties and candidates?
Re: Obaigbena To Alake, Onanuga: Present Your Candidate For Live Townhall Meetings by Tonnyray: 4:35pm On Dec 14, 2022
It's simple.
You are free to not vote for whoever chooses not to put himself up for public scrutiny.
This back and forth is petty.

3 Likes

Re: Obaigbena To Alake, Onanuga: Present Your Candidate For Live Townhall Meetings by AfonjaPriest: 4:43pm On Dec 14, 2022
fergie001:
•Reiterates journalists not their opponents in 2023 election

•Insists resort to blackmail, fake news, bullying won’t work

-Thisday

Previous Thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/7477670/bayo-onanuga-accuses-thisday-arise#119111567
Onanuga and Alake; shameless duo of Rottweilers, barking even when the sun is setting on their shamelessness.

2 Likes

Re: Obaigbena To Alake, Onanuga: Present Your Candidate For Live Townhall Meetings by Agbegbaorogboye: 4:52pm On Dec 14, 2022
emkz:

Your hypothesis is your own perspective. It is far detached from reality.

Challenge me that what I said is not true. Why is Obaigbena issuing statements as if he is contesting elections? Why is Channels, Vanguard, Punch, etc not issuing statements against parties and candidates?
I never knew issuing statements on issues that have to do with the media is only for contestants of elections. Nobody has called Channels, Punch and Vanguard to sack their staff last I checked.

Punch once issued a statement when it felt the media freedom was threatened under Buhari. I wonder what political party they belonged to then. Lemme guess. PDP?
Re: Obaigbena To Alake, Onanuga: Present Your Candidate For Live Townhall Meetings by Themandator: 4:54pm On Dec 14, 2022
emkz:

Deji Badmus who hosted Politics Today on Channels TV had issues with the proprietor of Channels TV over a political coverage of an event in Ogun State related to a PDP faction. The proprietor of Channels insisted that all political coverage must be cleared by him, and confiscated a tape recording of the event that Deji Badmus in Ogun State Deji Badmus had sent a reporter to cover. Deji felt he could not work there where all editorial decisions are taken by the Chairman instead of an objective coverage of all sides. Suleman Aledeh left for controversial reasons too.

So Ijeoma leaving to pursue other interests has nothing to do with the fact that Nduka Obaigbena may be taking editorial decisions that compromises ethics in journalism.

May be taken decision that compromises ethics...... If you are objective you can honestly state it here that Arise is not for anyone

They have given the same coverage to all the candidates as they make themselves available

At the Townhall meetings, same question was passed round the candidates..

Rufai asked Obi more pointed questions than he has asked any other candidate that has appeared on the show.. This is even truer with Abatti

The truth that Tinubu camp didn't want to embrace is that Tinubu cannot be trusted to vie off mark and make a fool of himself in an interview where he will seat without any aides to interject and interrupt the process
Re: Obaigbena To Alake, Onanuga: Present Your Candidate For Live Townhall Meetings by emkz: 5:02pm On Dec 14, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

I never knew issuing statements on issues that have to do with the media is only for contestants of elections. Nobody has called Channels, Punch and Vanguard to sack their staff last I checked.

Punch once issued a statement when it felt the media freedom was threatened under Buhari. I wonder what political party they belonged to then. Lemme guess. PDP?

Punch took an editorial stand to address President Buhari as Major-General Muhamadu Buhari and Buhari claimed it with his full chest because he earned that rank before retiring from the Army.

I am amused that you still believe that ThisDay/Arise were called to sack employees even after I have showed you two sources where it was denied by those accused. What I expect you to do is to ask your god to provide evidence and use the evidence to buttress your arguments not your beliefs or unbelief because they are everything but objective.

You are pro-Arise/ThisDay and it's fine. Do not pretend to be objective like your god Obaigbena whose media outfit has been caught in a lie of spreading false news against a candidate and apologized and paid a fine for it.
Re: Obaigbena To Alake, Onanuga: Present Your Candidate For Live Townhall Meetings by Oziens: 5:05pm On Dec 14, 2022
Uppercut from ARISE Media Group to Tinubu's PCC. This is hitting the Agbados Messrs Bulaba below the Belts. We await return legs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Northern Governors Sign MOU For Construction Of 5 Solar Plants (pics) / Petrol Subsidy ‘return’: NNPCL, IMF Disagree Over N8.43trn Loss / Ogun To Join Oil Producing States, As Exploration Commences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.