Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,496 members, 7,836,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:45 PM

Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) (28058 Views)

Bayelsa To Include Chinese Language In School Curriculum / Oxford Dictionary Adds 29 Nigerian Words, Expressions In January Updates / Dictionary.com Plans To Update The Definition Of 'black' After Branded Racist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by KENFERDYOORI(m): 8:34am On Dec 16, 2022
We know those who are women; genetically, naturally....
Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by Truvelisback(m): 8:36am On Dec 16, 2022
Falseprofet2:
endtime scammer

They are other dictionaries if you don't want to use Cambridge cos of their definition

Oxford.
Merriam
Longman
All these ones u mention so, no be NATO dem be?
Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by TenQ: 9:10am On Dec 16, 2022
LordReed:

LoLz! Why are you guys so bothered by inclusively? Is the dictionary now going to whittle your dick off or something? LMAO!
Are you saying that you also agree with the redefinition of the word man/woman against biology?
Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by Realists(m): 9:11am On Dec 16, 2022
Righteousness2:
Thank God that the Bible has a clear definition.

Our Generation is going wild and into full blown Insanity as the days go by.
Our Generation has exceeded the Evil, abominations and Wickedness of Sodom and Gomorrah and those in the Days of Noah.

Be ready to meet JESUS Christ in the air because It is Certain that Destruction is Inevitable!
Christians are forcing gayism to the world just because they are the devil tool.
Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by LordReed(m): 9:14am On Dec 16, 2022
TenQ:

Are you saying that you also agree with the redefinition of the word man/woman against biology?

Against which biology?
Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by TenQ: 9:16am On Dec 16, 2022
LordReed:

Against which biology?
Definition of sex (male/female)?
Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by MrBroke(m): 9:23am On Dec 16, 2022
It's an English word so that's their definition. My definition is in common sense and reality. Useless People
Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by LordReed(m): 9:23am On Dec 16, 2022
TenQ:

Definition of sex (male/female)?

Is the dictionary defining female or woman?
Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by TenQ: 9:25am On Dec 16, 2022
LordReed:

Definition by the science of Biology.

Male/Female
Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by LordReed(m): 9:31am On Dec 16, 2022
TenQ:

Definition by the science of Biology.

Male/Female

That isn't what I asked. I am asking about this dictionary entry in question, is it defining female or woman?
Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by Lovelydaisies: 9:35am On Dec 16, 2022
Thank God animals don't speak, otherwise they would have identified as man or woman too, since anything and anyone can identify with any gender. Ndi ocha na apu ala, no be small.

Who even gave them the right to change the meaning of 'man and woman'? Names that have existed since time immemorial with no confusion about their meanings.
Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by TenQ: 9:38am On Dec 16, 2022
LordReed:

That isn't what I asked. I am asking about this dictionary entry in question, is it defining female or woman?
I can understand!

What was the definition of Man/Woman before this REDEFINITION?

If I consider myself as WHITE American Girl, am I correct?
Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by LordReed(m): 10:11am On Dec 16, 2022
TenQ:

I can understand!

What was the definition of Man/Woman before this REDEFINITION?

If I consider myself as WHITE American Girl, am I correct?

Can you answer my question first?

You can consider yourself anything you like. LoLz!
Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by TenQ: 10:22am On Dec 16, 2022
LordReed:

Can you answer my question first?

You can consider yourself anything you like. LoLz!
A man is an ADULT male!
A woman is an ADULT female!

What is the definition ofale and Female according to Biology?
Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by LordReed(m): 10:23am On Dec 16, 2022
TenQ:

A man is an ADULT male!

What is the definition ofale and Female according to Biology?

That is not what I asked you.

LordReed:

LordReed:

Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by seunayantokun(m): 10:27am On Dec 16, 2022
Do we need to say that those people are the proverbial dog destined for perdition which would never listen to the hunter's whistle?
Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by TenQ: 10:30am On Dec 16, 2022
LordReed:

That is not what I asked you.

This flawed new definition or the standard definition of Man/woman?

I gave you the standard definition of Man and woman. Do you have any problems with the definition?
Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by LordReed(m): 10:57am On Dec 16, 2022
TenQ:

This flawed new definition or the standard definition of Man/woman?

I gave you the standard definition of Man and woman. Do you have any problems with the definition?

I asked a very simple question, I dunno why you are dancing around it. Is this definition defining female or its defining woman? Very simple question.
Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by TenQ: 11:09am On Dec 16, 2022
LordReed:

I asked a very simple question, I dunno why you are dancing around it. Is this definition defining female or its defining woman? Very simple question.
Rephrase your question as

Is this definition defining female or its redefining woman? Then your Very simple question will be answered.

1 Like

Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by LordReed(m): 11:12am On Dec 16, 2022
TenQ:

Rephrase your question as

Is this definition defining female or its redefining woman? Then your Very simple question will be answered.

Answer the question as is.
Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by EvangelistChuks(m): 11:15am On Dec 16, 2022
The world is really coming to an end.
Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by TenQ: 11:16am On Dec 16, 2022
LordReed:

Answer the question as is.
You know I can't because my problem is the RE-DEFINITION!

Do you think it makes sense for me to adopt a flawed definition of I consider it FLAWED?

Except you consider my definition faulty,

A man is an ADULT male!

What is the definition of Male and Female according to Biology?

1 Like

Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by LordReed(m): 11:17am On Dec 16, 2022
TenQ:

You know I can't because my problem is the RE-DEFINITION!

Do you think it makes sense for me to adopt a flawed definition of I consider it FLAWED?

Except you consider my definition faulty,

A man is an ADULT male!

What is the definition of Male and Female according to Biology?

Then I have nothing further to discuss with you.
Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by Sleekfingers: 11:37am On Dec 16, 2022
UncleBone:
The Middle East countries wont allow sale of such books in their country. It is high time our leaders ban such books from being sold here. We sure can come up with a Nigerian made dictionary with widely morally acceptable definitions.

Banning of those books won't change anything...because one can download it on the internet .
Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by Sleekfingers: 11:44am On Dec 16, 2022
judedwriter:
Being a transgender is now seen as okay and normal by the dictionary...

But there is nothing more confusing than denying your own sex! undecided

Fear of God is becoming more extinct daily.

What's wrong with transgender? How is anybody sex or sexuality anybody's business.?
Some countries might be living in denial , but LGBTQ are here to stay ......
It is strongly growing in Africa especially Nigeria , Kenya , Tanzania , south Africa and Angola ........
If you reside in Lagos , especially in Victoria island, ikoyi , lekki , ikeja ....some of them don't give a shit anymore..... .

1 Like

Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by judedwriter(m): 11:53am On Dec 16, 2022
Sleekfingers:

What's wrong with transgender?
..... .

lipsrsealed
Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by CHoccolaTE: 12:02pm On Dec 16, 2022
Please and please, no woman should support this transgender movement for your own good, the women in the west supported it and now they are regretting. Their system started allowing random men to walk into female bathrooms and female hostels, female prisons in short anything that women used to hide themselves away from male violence is no longer exclusive to females again because males just go inside and molest them and rape them and film them against their will.

All the man has to do is say that he identifies as a woman and the system will allow him go into female only spaces to do as he pleases.

Woman don't support this wicked movement, use your sense this time.

1 Like

Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by Christistruth00: 12:38pm On Dec 16, 2022
johnfem321:
Na white people teach you through education,L and religion .. and they can decide to reteach you again through the same method it’s only a matter of time you will get used to it ..

Na Bible God use teach us not White man

It was Adam and Eve God Almighty Created In the Garden Of Eden
Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by TenQ: 12:43pm On Dec 16, 2022
LordReed:

Then I have nothing further to discuss with you.
How can I continue discussing with a person in delusion?
Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by johnfem321: 12:50pm On Dec 16, 2022
Who wrote the Bible you are using.. was it your forefather or white people ?

Who brought Christianity to Africa?

Who build the first CHurch in Africa ?

Who brough the story of Adam and Eve to Africa if not for what the white people told
You

Christistruth00:

Na Bible God use teach us not White man

It was Adam and Eve God Almighty Created In the Garden Of Eden
Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by Nyanabo(m): 1:00pm On Dec 16, 2022
Whether they like it or yes, they can't change the Bible. Male and female created he them. Simple as ABC.
Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by Nyanabo(m): 1:02pm On Dec 16, 2022
johnfem321:
Who wrote the Bible you are using.. was it your forefather or white people ?

Who brought Christianity to Africa?

Who build the first CHurch in Africa ?

Who brough the story of Adam and Eve to Africa if not for what the white people told
You

With this rubbish you posted, you think yourself smart right?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

National Open University Admission Forms Is On Sale Now.hurry! / Senate Passes Bills To Establish City University, Auchi; Maritime University / JAMB Releases Matriculation List. How Undergraduates Can Check Names

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.