Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,388 members, 7,836,563 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:54 AM

Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) (28057 Views)

Bayelsa To Include Chinese Language In School Curriculum / Oxford Dictionary Adds 29 Nigerian Words, Expressions In January Updates / Dictionary.com Plans To Update The Definition Of 'black' After Branded Racist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by johnfem321: 1:06pm On Dec 16, 2022
It’s not about been smart.. it’s the fact. Christianity and education was brought to Nigeria by white and Islam was imported from Arab..
Nyanabo:

With this rubbish you posted, you think yourself smart right?
Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by Christistruth00: 1:11pm On Dec 16, 2022
johnfem321:
Who wrote the Bible you are using.. was it your forefather or white people ?

Who brought Christianity to Africa?

Who build the first CHurch in Africa ?

Who brough the story of Adam and Eve to Africa if not for what the white people told
You

Ethiopia had Christianity at least 200 years before Western Europe

This is the Person who brought Christianity to Black Africa

Acts 8 :24-40

26 Now an angel of the Lord said to Philip, “Rise and go toward the south[a] to the road that goes down from Jerusalem to Gaza.” This is a desert place. 27 And he rose and went. And there was an Ethiopian, a eunuch, a court official of Candace, queen of the Ethiopians, who was in charge of all her treasure. He had come to Jerusalem to worship 28 and was returning, seated in his chariot, and he was reading the prophet Isaiah. 29 And the Spirit said to Philip, “Go over and join this chariot.” 30 So Philip ran to him and heard him reading Isaiah the prophet and asked, “Do you understand what you are reading?” 31 And he said, “How can I, unless someone guides me?” And he invited Philip to come up and sit with him. 32 Now the passage of the Scripture that he was reading was this:

“Like a sheep he was led to the slaughter
and like a lamb before its shearer is silent,
so he opens not his mouth.
33 In his humiliation justice was denied him.
Who can describe his generation?
For his life is taken away from the earth.”
34 And the eunuch said to Philip, “About whom, I ask you, does the prophet say this, about himself or about someone else?” 35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning with this Scripture he told him the good news about Jesus. 36 And as they were going along the road they came to some water, and the eunuch said, “See, here is water! What prevents me from being baptized?”[b] 38 And he commanded the chariot to stop, and they both went down into the water, Philip and the eunuch, and he baptized him. 39 And when they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord carried Philip away, and the eunuch saw him no more, and went on his way rejoicing. 40 But Philip found himself at Azotus, and as he passed through he preached the gospel to all the towns until he came to Caesarea.
Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by LordReed(m): 1:20pm On Dec 16, 2022
TenQ:

How can I continue discussing with a person in delusion?

LoLz! You who is complaining about dictionary is the one who is delusional. I mean how is someone so delusional as to be arguing about dictionary definition of a word. They should include you in the example of delusional. Bwahahahahaha!
Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by johnfem321: 1:22pm On Dec 16, 2022
I would like to believe Ethiopia wasn’t colonised by any western country and even their form of Christianity is perhaps preserve and I believe they probably use a different version of the Bible since it hasn’t been influenced..

What I know is the white people during slave trade brought religion to almost part of africa and we weren’t Christian’s before they came.. we had our own religion.. they brought it has a tool of control

If in doubt do a bit of research or just google search the history of Christianity in Nigeria

(Christianity came to Nigeria in the 15th century through Augustinian and Capuchin monks from Portugal. The first mission of the Church of England was, though, only established in 1842 in Badagry by Henry Townsend. In 1864 Samuel Ajayi Crowther, an ethnic Yoruba and former slave, was elected Bishop of the Niger and the first black Bishop of the Anglican Communion. Lagos became a diocese of its own in 1919)

Christistruth00:

Ethiopia had Christianity at least 200 years before Western Europe

This is the Person who brought Christianity to Black Africa

Acts 8 :24-40

26 Now an angel of the Lord said to Philip, “Rise and go toward the south[a] to the road that goes down from Jerusalem to Gaza.” This is a desert place. 27 And he rose and went. And there was an Ethiopian, a eunuch, a court official of Candace, queen of the Ethiopians, who was in charge of all her treasure. He had come to Jerusalem to worship 28 and was returning, seated in his chariot, and he was reading the prophet Isaiah. 29 And the Spirit said to Philip, “Go over and join this chariot.” 30 So Philip ran to him and heard him reading Isaiah the prophet and asked, “Do you understand what you are reading?” 31 And he said, “How can I, unless someone guides me?” And he invited Philip to come up and sit with him. 32 Now the passage of the Scripture that he was reading was this:

“Like a sheep he was led to the slaughter
and like a lamb before its shearer is silent,
so he opens not his mouth.
33 In his humiliation justice was denied him.
Who can describe his generation?
For his life is taken away from the earth.”
34 And the eunuch said to Philip, “About whom, I ask you, does the prophet say this, about himself or about someone else?” 35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning with this Scripture he told him the good news about Jesus. 36 And as they were going along the road they came to some water, and the eunuch said, “See, here is water! What prevents me from being baptized?”[b] 38 And he commanded the chariot to stop, and they both went down into the water, Philip and the eunuch, and he baptized him. 39 And when they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord carried Philip away, and the eunuch saw him no more, and went on his way rejoicing. 40 But Philip found himself at Azotus, and as he passed through he preached the gospel to all the towns until he came to Caesarea.

Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by Christistruth00: 1:53pm On Dec 16, 2022
johnfem321:
I would like to believe Ethiopia wasn’t colonised by any western country and even their form of Christianity is perhaps preserve and I believe they probably use a different version of the Bible since it hasn’t been influenced..

What I know is the white people during slave trade brought religion to almost part of africa and we weren’t Christian’s before they came.. we had our own religion.. they brought it has a tool of control

If in doubt do a bit of research or just google search the history of Christianity in Nigeria

(Christianity came to Nigeria in the 15th century through Augustinian and Capuchin monks from Portugal. The first mission of the Church of England was, though, only established in 1842 in Badagry by Henry Townsend. In 1864 Samuel Ajayi Crowther, an ethnic Yoruba and former slave, was elected Bishop of the Niger and the first black Bishop of the Anglican Communion. Lagos became a diocese of its own in 1919)

Even Sudan had a healthy Christian Population till about the 17th Century
Egypt has a Coptic Christian Population that dates back to the day of Pentecost Conversions in Jerusalem
2000 years ago
Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by amliftedhigher: 2:12pm On Dec 16, 2022
Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by johnfem321: 2:16pm On Dec 16, 2022
Are you a Sudanese or are you an Egyptian ? We are talking about Christianity in Nigeria and impact/manipulation of white people through Christian religion and culture on our society

You are talking about 17th century in Sudan, even when Christianity came to Nigeria in the 15th century

Talking about Christianity in Egypt 2000years ago.. is it the same teaching and sermon preach 2000years ago that is preach now? Is it the same Bible that is used now

Even take Nigeria for instance.. is it the same sermon preached in most churches 100years ago that is preach now?

Wether you like it or not.. religion is one of the tools used to shape, influence and manipulate the masses..

In few years time white people will change the preaching from the top to allow gay and transsexual and also make written adjustment in new version of the Bible to back it up.

White people have given you their Language and religion and you will also accept their culture and be controlled by them

Christistruth00:

Even Sudan had a healthy Christian Population till about the 17th Century
Egypt has a Coptic Christian Population that dates back to the day of Pentecost Conversions in Jerusalem
2000 years ago
Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by TenQ: 2:22pm On Dec 16, 2022
LordReed:

LoLz! You who is complaining about dictionary is the one who is delusional. I mean how is someone so delusional as to be arguing about dictionary definition of a word. They should include you in the example of delusional. Bwahahahahaha!
When ALL delusional people do not see what is wrong with the RE-DEFINITION!

A Man is an Adult male!
A Woman is an Adult female!

Biologically, the distinction between male and female is this:
The two sexes are differentiated as females, who have ovaries and produce eggs, and males, who have testes and produce sperm. In mammals, females typically have XX chromosomes and males typically have XY chromosomes.

A redefinition contrary to plain science is at best MADNESS!
Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by LordReed(m): 2:34pm On Dec 16, 2022
TenQ:

When ALL delusional people do not see what is wrong with the RE-DEFINITION!

A Man is an Adult male!
A Woman is an Adult female!

Biologically, the distinction between male and female is this:
The two sexes are differentiated as females, who have ovaries and produce eggs, and males, who have testes and produce sperm. In mammals, females typically have XX chromosomes and males typically have XY chromosomes.

A redefinition contrary to plain science is at best MADNESS!

LoLz! See definition of delusional in action. The editors added something to the dictionary and you are going bananas over here. LMFAO!
Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by TenQ: 2:39pm On Dec 16, 2022
LordReed:

LoLz! See definition of delusional in action. The editors added something to the dictionary and you are going bananas over here. LMFAO!
Mentally Sick editors who against good science imported errors into the language through mere BIAS?
Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by LordReed(m): 2:50pm On Dec 16, 2022
TenQ:

Mentally Sick editors who against good science imported errors into the language through mere BIAS?

Go and sue them, show the court they are mentally sick. LMFAO!
Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by Rotji(m): 3:22pm On Dec 16, 2022
Wahala for who want buy Cambridge Dictionary cool
Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by TenQ: 3:22pm On Dec 16, 2022
LordReed:

Go and sue them, show the court they are mentally sick. LMFAO!
Sue mentally sick people!?
I don't do that!
They should be in the psychiatric part of the hospital ward!
Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by LordReed(m): 4:37pm On Dec 16, 2022
TenQ:

Sue mentally sick people!?
I don't do that!
They should be in the psychiatric part of the hospital ward!

That's why you sue, so the court can put them in a psych hospital. Go on. LMFAO!
Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by TenQ: 5:11pm On Dec 16, 2022
LordReed:

That's why you sue, so the court can put them in a psych hospital. Go on. LMFAO!
I told you I don't do that: mentally sick people should be in a mental hospital!
Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by LordReed(m): 5:18pm On Dec 16, 2022
TenQ:

I told you I don't do that: mentally sick people should be in a mental hospital!

Oya go and carry them to the hospital. LMFAO!
Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by cornelman: 6:39pm On Dec 16, 2022
Just wait for it
Those who were supporting democrats had a shallow knowledge of what they were supporting.

Hillary Clinton had earlier proposed that the bible be updated to suit modern society. Had she won against trump that year, She would have used federal might to influence the bible in her own way

Wizmj4real:

Just imagine the rubbish

Am glad they can't and don't update HOLY BIBLE , if not they would have changed many things to suit their evil cravings

Deceiving the gullible, as if the trans was born like that
Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by TenQ: 6:47pm On Dec 16, 2022
LordReed:

Oya go and carry them to the hospital. LMFAO!
They are your people!
Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by LordReed(m): 6:59pm On Dec 16, 2022
TenQ:

They are your people!

You are the one accusing them of being mentally sick so it's left to you. LoLz.
Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by Umbrateeth04: 8:36pm On Dec 16, 2022
musicwriter:

Indeed, some years back, the Catholic church that invented Christianity as practiced, already opened up that most of the stories in the bible were made up by themselves. They apologized for some of the fraud they created!!

I created a thread for it back then but it's not the kind of information the Jesus idio.ts want to hear because it scares them. See https://www.nairaland.com/4143509/catholic-church-no-longer-swear
wow..I must say your comments is quite riveting that I had to check your profile and I bumped into your thread
Tell me more about the book of Adam and Eve?

You said This book tells the original creation story before Genesis was written...tell me everything about the original creation story before genesis was written?
you said this two bible verses below are false..tell me the actual truth about the creation story of adam and eve?
Genesis ii, 21-22
So the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and while he slept he took one of his ribs and closed up its place with flesh; and the rib which the Lord God had taken from the man he made into a woman and brought her to the man

Genesis iii, 16
God said to the woman [after she was beguiled by the serpent]: “I will greatly multiply your pain in childbearing; in pain you shall bring forth children, yet your desire shall be for your husband, and he shall rule over you.”

...I am expecting your reply smiley
Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by TenQ: 8:47pm On Dec 16, 2022
LordReed:

You are the one accusing them of being mentally sick so it's left to you. LoLz.
They are still your people: you know they say "sometimes it runs in the blood!"
LOL!

Have a good night rest!
Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by LordReed(m): 8:51pm On Dec 16, 2022
TenQ:

They are still your people: you know they say "sometimes it runs in the blood!"
LOL!

Have a good night rest!

I didn't deny them but since it is you making the accusation of them being mentally sick the onus is on you to go take em to hospital. LoLz.

Wish you same.
Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by Wizmj4real(m): 8:54pm On Dec 16, 2022
[quote author=cornelman post=119206681]Just wait for it
Those who were supporting democrats had a shallow knowledge of what they were supporting.

Hillary Clinton had earlier proposed that the bible be updated to suit modern society. Had she won against trump that year, She would have used federal might to influence the bible in her own way

She would died mysteriously

No man or demon can fight GOD or CHANGE His words because they're
forever settled in Heaven and He God has exalted His word above His Holy name

Herod, pharaoh etc tried it and didn't live to tell story
Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by musicwriter(m): 6:19pm On Dec 17, 2022
Umbrateeth04:
wow..I must say your comments is quite riveting that I had to check your profile and I bumped into your thread
Tell me more about the book of Adam and Eve?

You said This book tells the original creation story before Genesis was written...tell me everything about the original creation story before genesis was written?
you said this two bible verses below are false..tell me the actual truth about the creation story of adam and eve?
Genesis ii, 21-22
So the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and while he slept he took one of his ribs and closed up its place with flesh; and the rib which the Lord God had taken from the man he made into a woman and brought her to the man

Genesis iii, 16
God said to the woman [after she was beguiled by the serpent]: “I will greatly multiply your pain in childbearing; in pain you shall bring forth children, yet your desire shall be for your husband, and he shall rule over you.”

...I am expecting your reply smiley

In ancient time (before Christianity) there were thousands of "holy books" spreading around Africa and the so called Middle East, which was also part of Africa in ancient time.

So, the bible you read today is not the real book, neither is it the real story because for thousands of years, it has been copied and retold, copied again and retold, copied and retold, etc, which is how literature should be.

In fact, about 15 books (now removed) were actually in the 1611 King James bible. Those removed books are still in the Ethiopian bible today because they still use the 1611 King James bible.

Go to YouTube. You'll find the book of Adam and Eve as it was told before the bible was written. It has the first and the second book of Adam and Eve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj1oPPLNhdA

However, even the Adam and Eve story I just referred you wasn't the first either. There's one which precede that, and it's the one told by the ancient Egyptians. You can find that one at www.africason.com. Look for it in the article: What's Satan? What's Lucifer? The biggest secret in the world.

The story began to be curated and restricted from public consumption when Rome came to power and began creating a new religion to control their colonies. At least there are more than other 70 holy books that are known to have been extinguished by Rome because it didn't fit the narrative of the fake Jesus they created to enslave people.
Re: Cambridge Dictionary Updates Definition Of 'WOMAN’ To Include Trans Women (Pics) by Umbrateeth04: 8:28pm On Dec 18, 2022
musicwriter:

In ancient time (before Christianity) there were thousands of "holy books" spreading around Africa and the so called Middle East, which was also part of Africa in ancient time.

So, the bible you read today is not the real book, neither is it the real story because for thousands of years, it has been copied and retold, copied again and retold, copied and retold, etc, which is how literature should be.

In fact, about 15 books (now removed) were actually in the 1611 King James bible. Those removed books are still in the Ethiopian bible today because they still use the 1611 King James bible.

Go to YouTube. You'll find the book of Adam and Eve as it was told before the bible was written. It has the first and the second book of Adam and Eve.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj1oPPLNhdA

However, even the Adam and Eve story I just referred you wasn't the first either. There's one which precede that, and it's the one told by the ancient Egyptians. You can find that one at www.africason.com. Look for it in the article: What's Satan? What's Lucifer? The biggest secret in the world.

The story began to be curated and restricted from public consumption when Rome came to power and began creating a new religion to control their colonies. At least there are more than other 70 holy books that are known to have been extinguished by Rome because it didn't fit the narrative of the fake Jesus they created to enslave people.
I asked you a simple question and you are directing me to an article...
Give me a straight forward answer in a nutshell..I believe you know all about it and I asked you and now you are directing me to an article..this is not how to convince
You should have given me a straight forward answer and later attach youtube and your article to it in case I want to delve deep cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

National Open University Admission Forms Is On Sale Now.hurry! / Senate Passes Bills To Establish City University, Auchi; Maritime University / JAMB Releases Matriculation List. How Undergraduates Can Check Names

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.