Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,009 members, 7,835,431 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Clandestine - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Clandestine (198 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Clandestine by Qu23een(f): 12:35am On Dec 16, 2022
Narrators standpoint

"You this piece of shit! What are you doing here?
And why did you bring in your filthy feet in here?" She was too impatient to wait for answers to the questions she asked after she had seen Richard at their door step that morning. She moved further and leaned on the door frame with her arms folded,she weighed him with her eyes.

"Leave!" She pointed to the gate. "Immediately! Do so before I hurt you!"

Richard drifted three feet back and began to plead. He was begging and explaining when Davis Moore disappeared and reappeared in a few seconds with a gun in her hand.

"So will you leave in peace or rest in peace? Of course you would'nt rest in peace after I have blown your useless brains out." Richard turned around with his hands raised above his head.

"Alright... alright Davie easy..." He was moving towards the gate.

"You better stop turning behind else you'd be a corpse. There's a cemetery down the west and I've got fuel in my car." She followed behind him with the empty gun pointed to his head.

Mama Freda stepped down the stairs because of the noise made by her daughter. She hid the gun in her cardigan when she heard her footsteps.

"Davie is something wrong?" She walked towards her scanning the room in the process.

"Oh nothing. Sorry I brothered you."

"What's going on here?"

"I had a phone call from the office."

"Richard was here, I can smell his scent."

"That's right!" She started climbing the stairs in a bid to end the conversation. But her mother called her back,she wore her headphones and kept climbing.

When she'd entered her room,she took out the painting on the wall,three pairs of jean trousers,a silvery wrist watch and necklaces,a jacket and a gown. She made sure she cleansed her room of all that Richard had purchased,then after she'd burnt them she buried the ashes outside the compound.

At eve while at her study table,she heard the horn of a car,she tilted her head and wow...she got a new car? She wondered when Melanie must have got herself a new car. She hurried down the stairs to meet them.

Her two year little girl started smiling at Davis Moore as she stood before the car waving happily. Here's the boundary,she made an invisible line on the ground with her leg, the walk way was decorated with kerb stones. After Melanie stepped out they spent some moments hugging each other for a while.

At night after she'd set the table for dinner. She went ahead to invite her mother and afterwards,she went to Melanie's room,a room Pa. Moore personally choosed for her sister. As she approached, Melanie could tell it's Davis Moore from the dull sounds her flip-flop made on the marble floor, so she stretched forward immediately and grabbed her baby's doll and hid It under the duvet.
And she cried. Davis Moore hasten her steps to know what could make Estella cry in such a manner as she did.

"What's wrong with her?" She stood close to the door. The little girl babbled and pointed to the duvet.

"She should be hungry." She lied, Estella on their way had eaten all the snacks bought by her mother.

"Dinner is served downstairs, I came to invite you to the table. It's your favorite" She smiled at Estella but suddenly sighed and left with a bemused countenance.

"Davie! Hello..." Melanie had moved to the door already,she pondered over why she acted that way. After she'd turned around,she saw Estella combing the doll's hair. She sighed and scratched her eyebrows.

"You... Why did you take out that...?" She pointed at the doll.
Her niece wasn't to blamed for being multi phobic and maybe the things she hated had a psychological effect on her so she had resolved to apologize to her niece. Little Estella didn't know the effect she'd created with her play tool,she was busy playing, smiling and talking to herself.

At the table after Melanie apologized to Davis Moore,she decided to tell them about the nightmare she had a night ago.

Mama Freda watched them as someone who was flummoxed. She said nothing,she just got up and wished them a good night.

More stories @
https://m.goodnovel.com/book_info/31000404634/Romance/FALLING-FOR-THE-ASSASSIN

(1) (Reply)

DELETED / Create A Shopify, Esty ,ebay Website And Make Big Sales On Your Website / Niger Lawmakers Want The Criminalization Of Gay Relationships

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.