Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,997 members, 7,828,520 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Wike Hits Atiku’s Campaigners Linking Him To Violence In Rivers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike Hits Atiku’s Campaigners Linking Him To Violence In Rivers (21213 Views)

Why Atiku’s Campaigners Cancelled Rivers Rally- Wike / You Didn’t Stop Me From Smuggling Looted Funds Into Nigeria, Buhari Hits Atiku / Dariye Conviction: Twitter User Hits Atiku Hard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike Hits Atiku’s Campaigners Linking Him To Violence In Rivers by Corrinthians(m): 9:58pm On Dec 17, 2022
Governor, Nyesom Wike, has lambasted some leaders of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Rivers State campaigning for the party’s presidential candidate Atiku Abubakar.

The governor said it was unfortunate for Atiku’s men such as Lee Maeba, Austine Opara and Abiye Sekibo, to link him to political violence.

The Governor, who harped on the need to play decent politics said, in all his political journey, the use of violence had never been part of measures adopted to achieve his political goals.

Wike according to a statement by his Special Assistant, Media, Kelvin Ebiri, spoke when he inaugurated the Okrika Founder’s Park on Saturday in Koniju Ama in Okrika Local Government Area.

Wike said it was unfortunate that the likes of Senator Lee Maeba, “who is still stuck in politics of violence could be accusing him of violence”.

He wondered why Maeba would alleged that political thugs were sent by him to invade his house.

He said: Two days again, I was watching on TV, it’s unfortunate, I saw Lee Maeba, I saw Austin Opara,I saw Abiye Sekibo saying that my humble self sent people to Lee Maeba’s house to attack him, to kill him, I couldn’t believe it.

But you saw the Commissioner of Police’s report. He said, listen, your house is surrounded by houses, you have two gates to your house, not one gate was damage, not one.

The cars you said that were damaged are rickety cars,no brand new cars were not touched. Have you ever seen such?

Wike said people should have a limit to how far they could play politics adding that Maeba was pushing issues too far.

He, however, said instead of playing politics of violence, he would rather resort to legal means to seek redress.

He said: But you see, I laugh. I said God, well, you know the truth. But people are pushing politics too far. I am sleeping , you are waking me up. When I wake , whatever you see you take.

Please, advise our people not to play the kind of politics they are playing. Let’s play decent politics. Anybody who knows me know too well, my own is, if I want to fight you, I don’t need to send anybody, I will go to court.”

Wike spoke of Chief Adokiye Amiesimaka as an Okrikan, who meant well for his people and invested personal resources to provide the Founder’s Park.

He noted that with such gesture, Chief Amiesimaka had distinguished himself from those, who used their political positions to enrich themselves instead of ensuring construction of the ring road in Okrika.

He said: “Some of you don’t even know how to play politics. if Owolo comes now to his community and calls them, my people see where I want us to go, why will you not follow him?

“Because, see what he has used his money to do. Again, see , by doing this, see what it has attracted to your kingdom. This is what we called people who have good heart. Stop listening to people who are liars.”

Wike attributed the prevailing peace in Okirika to the contribution of King Ateke Tom, Amayanabo of Okochiri Ama in support to his administration.

The Governor also commended Chief Amiesimaka for being a forthright man, who rejected all entreaties made to him to join in implicating him.

He said: “I feel home being here. I want this relationship to continue. Don’t allow an individual to break the relationship. Don’t allow an individual selfish interest to break the relationship.

“Ordinarily, if things are to be done well, Okrika should have one of the finest jetties in the country. But everybody will give account of himself at the last day.

In his speech, Chief Adokiye Amiesimaka said he sought after a legacy to bequeath to Koniju people and decided to embark on the project that took 15 months to deliver.

According to him, the Founder’s Park consisted of the Amakoromabo Owu-Okolo, the entrance, pavilion, sports arena, the Amayanabo sitting area for outdoor meetings, modern toilets and showers, and solar-wired lighting facilities.

https://thenationonlineng.net/wike-hits-atikus-campaigners-linking-him-to-violence-in-rivers/

2 Likes

Re: Wike Hits Atiku’s Campaigners Linking Him To Violence In Rivers by Asgard73: 10:11pm On Dec 17, 2022
One Wike urchin threaten to arrest me with Dss .. the imp has practically disappeared from Nairaland.. me dey wait ..

Next politcal celebrity loading..

Meanwhile

Who do we hold responsible for all dead and political violence in rivers state .. if not nyesom Wike ..
Same way.. we all blame Buhari for insecurity and kidnappings in the country

Wike can’t deny having knowledge of what’s happen Rivers .. after all he showed the urchins way to go.. when he reversing titles .. withdrawing land .. c of o.. and seizing peoples properties based on frivolities

Today he’s over 200k imps called aids have taken it to the next level..

Killing and maiming .. election never reach o.. by February na kill as you go.. and same governor will come to blame opposition or who knows …

Whichever way na still his citzens Dey die .. no be Benue or Adamawa humans

Power to the people
North 2023

Atiku no get Opposition

23 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Wike Hits Atiku’s Campaigners Linking Him To Violence In Rivers by datopaper(m): 9:02am On Dec 18, 2022
Politics in Nigeria especially PDP and APC can not be devoid of violence. That is the place NATIONAL CAKE are being share. Wike or whoever in those party can not deny act of violence.

This is a nigeria factor.

If least party became popular ... they become violent.
Re: Wike Hits Atiku’s Campaigners Linking Him To Violence In Rivers by ipobarecriminals: 9:02am On Dec 18, 2022
cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Hits Atiku’s Campaigners Linking Him To Violence In Rivers by RestructureNig4: 9:02am On Dec 18, 2022
Re: Wike Hits Atiku’s Campaigners Linking Him To Violence In Rivers by Buhari4dullard: 9:03am On Dec 18, 2022
PDP is simply a plan to keep fulanis in power angry

We reject them grin

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Hits Atiku’s Campaigners Linking Him To Violence In Rivers by Latestnewsline: 9:03am On Dec 18, 2022
Watch the moment Goodluck Jonathan Introduces Peter Obi at Paul Enenche Daughter Wedding (VOTE WISELY)

Watch video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpqxidGAlqg

Please don't forget to subscribe to my channel

2 Likes

Re: Wike Hits Atiku’s Campaigners Linking Him To Violence In Rivers by PandoraObi: 9:03am On Dec 18, 2022
ok
Re: Wike Hits Atiku’s Campaigners Linking Him To Violence In Rivers by Sunnyski: 9:05am On Dec 18, 2022
Peter Obi is our incoming president come 2023.

Even the devil, Atifku and agbado junkie already know it's Obi's turn.

If this comment pain u abeg put a rope around your neck

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Hits Atiku’s Campaigners Linking Him To Violence In Rivers by kennyz247(m): 9:05am On Dec 18, 2022
old man Wike wey still dey behave like small pikin
your eyes go soon clear

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Hits Atiku’s Campaigners Linking Him To Violence In Rivers by Think9ja(m): 9:06am On Dec 18, 2022
Wike eye go clear by May next year when Atiku is sworn in

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wike Hits Atiku’s Campaigners Linking Him To Violence In Rivers by Famofamo: 9:06am On Dec 18, 2022
there's a candidate among presidential aspirants... Some of his loyalistS don't even have PVC and can attack/argue, He will not secure a whole LG votes in 4 geoP

No tell anybody o0 - cause they will attack/Quote you - Na their act

5 Likes

Re: Wike Hits Atiku’s Campaigners Linking Him To Violence In Rivers by tydi(m): 9:06am On Dec 18, 2022
Your Excellency is not what we should answer as a matter of convenience.
Before you answer to that title,you must be excellent in your ways .what lies at the root of this is that the process that threw you up in itself must be excellent. Remember that excellence comes after fair ,good and very good.
- Peter Obi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike Hits Atiku’s Campaigners Linking Him To Violence In Rivers by Emmy3(m): 9:08am On Dec 18, 2022
I support power shift to the South.

5 Likes

Re: Wike Hits Atiku’s Campaigners Linking Him To Violence In Rivers by Houseofglam7(f): 9:08am On Dec 18, 2022
undecided
Re: Wike Hits Atiku’s Campaigners Linking Him To Violence In Rivers by Koko88(m): 9:09am On Dec 18, 2022
War of words. Believe politicians at your own peril.

2 Likes

Re: Wike Hits Atiku’s Campaigners Linking Him To Violence In Rivers by Sabadon(m): 9:09am On Dec 18, 2022
As e dey pain dem e dey sweet us

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike Hits Atiku’s Campaigners Linking Him To Violence In Rivers by salbis(m): 9:11am On Dec 18, 2022
This noise maker is at it again.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Wike Hits Atiku’s Campaigners Linking Him To Violence In Rivers by Abdul9025(m): 9:11am On Dec 18, 2022
Wike and PDP fight and the emergence of PITOBI ...is Tinubu gain...God bless BAT

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wike Hits Atiku’s Campaigners Linking Him To Violence In Rivers by ogmask: 9:12am On Dec 18, 2022
Wike is a pathological liar.
Imagine a commissioner of police statement... Too much bribe don blind commissioner eyes. We are following that matter make wike just relax no need to panic cos time to panic go soon reach.
Lemme ask, what did wike mean when he said "if you are a friend to my enemy you are my enemy and I will fight you with everything I have". What was his intention if not to unleash violence on those who disagree with him when he said, " thunder fire the jaws and their sympathisers ". Weda he send thugs or not the truth is that his body language and utterances speaks volume. How come PDP is attacked PDP when the other parties were in his (wike) court fighting to be on the ballot. Watch how apc and other parties will be attacked now that they have won their cases in court. Wike that I know is a very violent man. Before he fell out with Ameachi there was nothing of the magnitude of violence we have witnessed since he took over power.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Wike Hits Atiku’s Campaigners Linking Him To Violence In Rivers by underpinna: 9:14am On Dec 18, 2022
Wike is a peace fellow. Atiku supporters, drop violence.

1 Like

Re: Wike Hits Atiku’s Campaigners Linking Him To Violence In Rivers by Victorclean1: 9:17am On Dec 18, 2022
Wike still in pain. Hmmmm

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike Hits Atiku’s Campaigners Linking Him To Violence In Rivers by desiredhome: 9:18am On Dec 18, 2022
Re: Wike Hits Atiku’s Campaigners Linking Him To Violence In Rivers by IamtheTruth1(m): 9:21am On Dec 18, 2022
Asgard73:
One Wike urchin threaten to arrest me with Dss .. the imp has practically disappeared from Nairaland.. me dey wait ..

Next politcal celebrity loading..

Meanwhile

Who do we hold responsible for all dead and political violence in rivers state .. if not nyesom Wike ..
Same way.. we all blame Buhari for insecurity and kidnappings in the country

Wike can’t deny having knowledge of what’s happen Rivers .. after all he showed the urchins way to go.. when he reversing titles .. withdrawing land .. c of o.. and seizing peoples properties based on frivolities

Today he’s over 200k imps called aids have taken it to the next level..

Killing and maiming .. election never reach o.. by February na kill as you go.. and same governor will come to blame opposition or who knows …

Whichever way na still his citzens Dey die .. no be Benue or Adamawa humans

Power to the people
North 2023

Atiku no get Opposition

You're supporting Atiku doesn't mean you should not say the truth. Did you even read the police report?

Wike actually reduced the violence a bit. We all know how Unsafe Rivers State was before wike came and told all the bad people to come out and embrace peace. The ones that still chose violence, we went after them with the law.

You have forgotten the people killed on one year watch night when wike went for the known dreaded criminal.. even destroyed his house.

I do support Obi but does not mean I would start being blinded to the truth.

7 Likes

Re: Wike Hits Atiku’s Campaigners Linking Him To Violence In Rivers by Nathayas: 9:21am On Dec 18, 2022
Why does he want to spoil his political career
Re: Wike Hits Atiku’s Campaigners Linking Him To Violence In Rivers by Abdul9025(m): 9:25am On Dec 18, 2022
ogmask:
Wike is a pathological liar.
Imagine a commissioner of police statement... Too much bribe don blind commissioner eyes. We are following that matter make wike just relax no need to panic cos time to panic go soon reach.
Lemme ask, what did wike mean when he said "if you are a friend to my enemy you are my enemy and I will fight you with everything I have". What was his intention if not to unleash violence on those who disagree with him when he said, " thunder fire the jaws and their sympathisers ". Weda he send thugs or not the truth is that his body language and utterances speaks volume. How come PDP is attacked PDP when the other parties were in his (wike) court fighting to be on the ballot. Watch how apc and other parties will be attacked now that they have won their cases in court. Wike that I know is a very violent man. Before he fell out with Ameachi there was nothing of the magnitude of violence we have witnessed since he took over power.

bros calm down ...please take cool water
Re: Wike Hits Atiku’s Campaigners Linking Him To Violence In Rivers by mukthar2000(m): 9:49am On Dec 18, 2022
I am sleeping , you are waking me up. When I wake , whatever you see you take.

Wike wake yourself up jareee, don't wait for anyone to wake u up b4 you wake up.

Oga wike u are real Nigeria Putin not Russia grin

1 Like

Re: Wike Hits Atiku’s Campaigners Linking Him To Violence In Rivers by Silentflute1234: 9:56am On Dec 18, 2022
I'm not too comfortable with this Wike, there's just somthing about him...he's noisy n talks a lot, he's boastful n he's NIGERIAN politician..Such qualities in any man is somthing to be wary of..
Just my take anyways

2 Likes

Re: Wike Hits Atiku’s Campaigners Linking Him To Violence In Rivers by b0rn2fuck(m): 10:00am On Dec 18, 2022
The north play Wike and it's hit him badly. He should stop dragging Atiku, politics is a game and the northerner are the master. He should have supported Atiku. Learn to accept defeat

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We Didn't Sit Today, No Report Emanated From Us - Osun Tribunal Member / Whistle-blower To Receive 5% Of Loot Recovered — FG / Okupe Withdraws From Presidential Race, Ask Wike, Others To Support Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.