Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,339 members, 7,815,672 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

You Didn’t Stop Me From Smuggling Looted Funds Into Nigeria, Buhari Hits Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Didn’t Stop Me From Smuggling Looted Funds Into Nigeria, Buhari Hits Atiku (32096 Views)

Wike Hits Atiku’s Campaigners Linking Him To Violence In Rivers / See The Moment Atiku Admitted The PDP Looted Funds Under Obasanjo / Dariye Conviction: Twitter User Hits Atiku Hard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Didn’t Stop Me From Smuggling Looted Funds Into Nigeria, Buhari Hits Atiku by Limitednow: 8:39pm On Jan 02, 2019
Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria’s President, has denied the allegation that he smuggled in looted funds into the country.

The president who is seeking re-election on the platform of the All Progressive Congress (APC) stated this through his support group, Buhari Media Organisation.

BMO was reacting to claims by Atiku Abubakar, the 2019 presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), that he prevented the president from smuggling in looted funds into the country.

The claim by Mr Abubakar, popularly known as Atiku, came as a reaction to allegation by Buhari that the PDP flag-bearer was plotting to smuggle in illicit funds from outside the shores of Nigeria.

“It is a blatant lie that Atiku Abubakar, as head of Customs at the Lagos airport in 1984 stopped the ADC of the then Head of State, Muhammadu Buhari, from smuggling in 53 suitcases of looted money,” BMO said in a statement signed by Niyi Akinsiju and Cassidy Madueke, it’s respective Chairman and Secretary.

“This is a matter that was settled back then. The suitcases were the personal belonging of the then Nigerian Ambassador to Libya who was returning to the country after his tour of duty with his three wives and sixteen children.

“The late Ambassador was coming into the country at the same time as the Emir of Gwandu whose son was General Buhari’s ADC and his suitcases were falsely presented to the public as those of the Emir.

“So from all indications, the suitcases which were cleared through Customs by soldiers had nothing to do with Buhari and there was nothing to suggest that illicit funds were being brought into the country.

“Nigerians must be wary in the coming weeks. The party which has no agenda to sell would continue promoting lies on the media. It would, like one of its recent converts, begin to trivialize the impact of corruption and even attempt to normalize it; Nigerians must fight and reject this,” the group said.

Buhari had earlier accused Atiku of sponsoring fake news against himself and his administration.

Source: https://politicstimesng.com/you-didnt-stop-me-smuggling-looted-funds-buhari-hits-atiku/

20 Likes 8 Shares

Re: You Didn’t Stop Me From Smuggling Looted Funds Into Nigeria, Buhari Hits Atiku by Limitednow: 8:39pm On Jan 02, 2019
lalasticlala
Re: You Didn’t Stop Me From Smuggling Looted Funds Into Nigeria, Buhari Hits Atiku by cosby02(m): 8:45pm On Jan 02, 2019
So this is how APC and PDP going to carry out their campaigns?

74 Likes

Re: You Didn’t Stop Me From Smuggling Looted Funds Into Nigeria, Buhari Hits Atiku by Printerscanner: 8:51pm On Jan 02, 2019
Can a station head of Customs like Atikuloot really stop the ADC to a sitting Military Head of State from moving anything into or out of the country? I doubt it.

98 Likes 9 Shares

Re: You Didn’t Stop Me From Smuggling Looted Funds Into Nigeria, Buhari Hits Atiku by neezar: 8:53pm On Jan 02, 2019
So Mr dullard has finally admitted that he smuggled looted funds into the country

Mr Integrity indeed

174 Likes 16 Shares

Re: You Didn’t Stop Me From Smuggling Looted Funds Into Nigeria, Buhari Hits Atiku by koolgee(m): 8:54pm On Jan 02, 2019
grin angry
Re: You Didn’t Stop Me From Smuggling Looted Funds Into Nigeria, Buhari Hits Atiku by supereagle(m): 8:55pm On Jan 02, 2019
The first lies against Buhari has been bursted, the second one will be busted. Atiku has the propensity not to say truth.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: You Didn’t Stop Me From Smuggling Looted Funds Into Nigeria, Buhari Hits Atiku by shachris02: 8:55pm On Jan 02, 2019
Printerscanner:
Can a station head of Customs like Atikuloot really stop the ADC to a sitting Military Head of State from moving anything into or out of the country? I doubt it.

So the ADC can carry bomb and hard drugs into the country because he's an ADC to a sitting head of state?

People like you are the reason Nigeria is the way it is.

101 Likes 13 Shares

Re: You Didn’t Stop Me From Smuggling Looted Funds Into Nigeria, Buhari Hits Atiku by Bluedreamzzz: 8:55pm On Jan 02, 2019
I know that even if Buhari comes out openly to say don't vote for me.. there are still so many stupid people in this country.

He has just said he smuggled looted funds back then what makes you think he isn't snuggling now. If Buhari wins again in the next election. I will just sell my PVC cos me I'm tired.

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: You Didn’t Stop Me From Smuggling Looted Funds Into Nigeria, Buhari Hits Atiku by FLYFIRE(m): 8:55pm On Jan 02, 2019
Printerscanner:
If you were old enough at the time you would have known the bubu placed a ban & jailing people but his ADC was caught with 38 boxes containing foreign currencies.

55 Likes 6 Shares

Re: You Didn’t Stop Me From Smuggling Looted Funds Into Nigeria, Buhari Hits Atiku by Kobicove(m): 8:56pm On Jan 02, 2019
Another Atiku lie busted! undecided

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: You Didn’t Stop Me From Smuggling Looted Funds Into Nigeria, Buhari Hits Atiku by Balyz: 8:56pm On Jan 02, 2019
I can't vote for Atiku the thief

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: You Didn’t Stop Me From Smuggling Looted Funds Into Nigeria, Buhari Hits Atiku by Corrinthians(m): 8:56pm On Jan 02, 2019
Baba for the fresh boys and girls has been savage lately. cheesy

Atiku right now.. cheesy

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: You Didn’t Stop Me From Smuggling Looted Funds Into Nigeria, Buhari Hits Atiku by mynaijadj(m): 8:56pm On Jan 02, 2019
Thanes should please snap his finger make PDP and APC dissappear

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Didn’t Stop Me From Smuggling Looted Funds Into Nigeria, Buhari Hits Atiku by Brizzy404: 8:56pm On Jan 02, 2019
Apc and pdp don dey mumu...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Didn’t Stop Me From Smuggling Looted Funds Into Nigeria, Buhari Hits Atiku by LibertyRep: 8:57pm On Jan 02, 2019
It's a pity that the prime witness is no more. The late ambassador self no try - three wives and fifteen children on official tour! Seems wastage of scarce national resources didn't start yesterday.

But then what would a family of 19 be doing with 53 suitcases? Weird.

17 Likes

Re: You Didn’t Stop Me From Smuggling Looted Funds Into Nigeria, Buhari Hits Atiku by Balyz: 8:57pm On Jan 02, 2019
FLYFIRE:

If you were old enough at the time you would have known the bubu placed a ban but his ADC was caught with 38 boxes containing foreign currencies.
You are a liar. No report exists of the contents of the boxes cos they were never searched.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: You Didn’t Stop Me From Smuggling Looted Funds Into Nigeria, Buhari Hits Atiku by supereagle(m): 8:57pm On Jan 02, 2019
Printerscanner:

Have you forgotten is a father of liars. He doesn't say truth.

9 Likes

Re: You Didn’t Stop Me From Smuggling Looted Funds Into Nigeria, Buhari Hits Atiku by docadams: 8:57pm On Jan 02, 2019
Hmmmm, several threads have been done on this issue including one based solely on Atiku's accounts of the saga

https://www.nairaland.com/4932228/53-suitcases-owned-norther-ruler/2#74316430

It has been proved beyond reasonable doubt that Atiku had never accused PMB of being the one responsible for ordering the clearance of the suitcases prior to this period.. In fact he wasn't on duty at the airport on that day and so had no idea of the contents. The custom staff on duty didnt even open the said suitcases.
Enough said on this issue.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Didn’t Stop Me From Smuggling Looted Funds Into Nigeria, Buhari Hits Atiku by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jan 02, 2019
So you admit that you are a thief and a looter ba? Mr integrithief buharilooter.

18 Likes

Re: You Didn’t Stop Me From Smuggling Looted Funds Into Nigeria, Buhari Hits Atiku by orion7: 8:58pm On Jan 02, 2019
buhari so you actually brought in looted funds

19 Likes

Re: You Didn’t Stop Me From Smuggling Looted Funds Into Nigeria, Buhari Hits Atiku by WOLEMENTO(m): 8:58pm On Jan 02, 2019
cosby02:
So this is how APC and PDP going to carry out their campaigns?
pls am a blogger i will like to post some of my article here on nairaland can u be of help
Re: You Didn’t Stop Me From Smuggling Looted Funds Into Nigeria, Buhari Hits Atiku by FunkyAlhaji2015: 8:58pm On Jan 02, 2019
The way the Military ran Nigeria, even the comptoller general did not have powers to stop an ADC, Let alone the head of state.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Didn’t Stop Me From Smuggling Looted Funds Into Nigeria, Buhari Hits Atiku by Balistic4: 8:58pm On Jan 02, 2019
Balyz:
I can't vote for Atiku the thief
I will

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: You Didn’t Stop Me From Smuggling Looted Funds Into Nigeria, Buhari Hits Atiku by honestivo(m): 8:58pm On Jan 02, 2019
Accusations and counter accusations is that what you guys have for Nigeria ?

1 Like

Re: You Didn’t Stop Me From Smuggling Looted Funds Into Nigeria, Buhari Hits Atiku by FLYFIRE(m): 8:58pm On Jan 02, 2019
Balyz:
You are a liar
Google can help your ignorance. It is actually 52 & not 38 suitcases of foreign currencies

7 Likes

Re: You Didn’t Stop Me From Smuggling Looted Funds Into Nigeria, Buhari Hits Atiku by 34webers(m): 8:58pm On Jan 02, 2019
[s]
shachris02:

So the ADC can carry bomb and hard drugs into the country because he's an ADC to a sitting head of state?

People like you are the reason Nigeria the way it is.
[/s]
Stop talking nonsense.
During the military regime, if the ADC has the consent of the head of states to move anything in and out of the country, even the controller general of customs cannot attempt stopping him talkless of an ordinary customs officer that can be stationed anywhere as the c-in-c pleases. Atiku should stop making claims that a goat will begin to wonder if he is not insane.

13 Likes

Re: You Didn’t Stop Me From Smuggling Looted Funds Into Nigeria, Buhari Hits Atiku by Edopesin: 8:59pm On Jan 02, 2019
neezar:
So Mr dullard has finally admitted that he smuggled looted funds into the country

Mr Integrity indeed
misleading topic
read the write up

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ibrahim Idris Arrives Delta In The Jet Of NPF - Photos / Zulum To Army: If You Can’t Secure Baga, We’ll Mobilise Hunters To Do The Job / Crisis: Lagos Threatens To Shut Ladipo Market.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.