Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,343 members, 7,811,993 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

Why A Babalawo Should Not Marry Someone Who Is Not A Priestess Of The Gods - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why A Babalawo Should Not Marry Someone Who Is Not A Priestess Of The Gods (590 Views)

Can You Marry Someone Your Family Members Arranged For You? / May I Not Marry A Woman Like My Mum / Can You Marry Someone Like Your Mom Or Dad?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why A Babalawo Should Not Marry Someone Who Is Not A Priestess Of The Gods by Beosten(m): 11:17pm On Dec 17, 2022
Almost everybody believes that Babalawos can use charms to get women of their choice and secure their hands in marriage. I can attest to the potency of such charms, but they don't work 100% of the times.

When I became a Babalawo and can no longer live with my Christian ex-wife, I had some experiences while trying to find love.

First of all, my interest will always tilt towards a potential lover that is well educated; the education in this context is beyond mere ability to speak English. Unexpectedly, I met someone that is not just educated, but can also educate the uneducated--her ilk are those that can put their brain to maximum use anyday. But whenever BRAIN and THE SUPERNATURAL are placed side-by-side, the so called BRAIN becomes something of no importance but just a little fry.

During our conversation one day, this female lover of mine told me about her female friend who married a white man after using charms to seal the union. The female friend in question told my lover that the white man was only having "one-night-stand" with her until she obtained the service of a Babalawo to make the man fall in love. This eventually made the white man to marry her.

Back to my own experience, within a short time, this lover of mine became so fond of me that she started doubting her sanity. Then she told me her fears. "What if I'm under the influence of love charm to ensure I don't leave you?" She said one day. "Assuming I'm not under the influence of charms, if I just decide to leave this relationship one day, won't you use the powers at your advantage to bring me back?" She added. If I tell her that charms were never used in getting close to her, she is not expected to believe my statement. I just replied that she's free to believe whatever suits her narrative. The friendship nosedived that same day or let me say the friendship hit the brick wall.

There be three things which are too wonderful for me, yea, four which I know not: The way of an eagle in the air; the way of a serpent upon a rock; the way of a ship in the midst of the sea; and the way of a man with a maid--Proverbs 30:18-19. This is to tell you that those who wrote the Bible were gifted writers.
Re: Why A Babalawo Should Not Marry Someone Who Is Not A Priestess Of The Gods by Amarisco(f): 4:57am On Dec 18, 2022
Very interesting. But you still haven’t said why, unless I missed it
Re: Why A Babalawo Should Not Marry Someone Who Is Not A Priestess Of The Gods by Ishilove: 5:14am On Dec 18, 2022
People's sons are under bondage. Imagine using charms to hold a man in captivity
Re: Why A Babalawo Should Not Marry Someone Who Is Not A Priestess Of The Gods by Beosten(m): 6:43am On Dec 18, 2022
Amarisco:
Very interesting. But you still haven’t said why, unless I missed it

From my submission, it shows that if a Babalawo marries a woman who is making good use of her brain but not a female herbalist, she will never believe that she agreed to marry the man without being enchanted to do so and will be afraid of leaving the union in the future knowing full well that the man will use charm to bring her back if she leaves.

1 Like

Re: Why A Babalawo Should Not Marry Someone Who Is Not A Priestess Of The Gods by Beosten(m): 7:12am On Dec 18, 2022
Ishilove:
People's sons are under bondage. Imagine using charms to hold a man in captivity

Ishilove of the whole world, I had thought you stopped selling fruits at Oyingbo; abi your profile pic dey deceive me?
Re: Why A Babalawo Should Not Marry Someone Who Is Not A Priestess Of The Gods by Amarisco(f): 7:31am On Dec 18, 2022
Beosten:

From my submission, it shows that if a Babalawo marries a woman who is making good use of her brain but not a female herbalist, she will never believe that she agreed to marry the man without being enchanted to do so and will be afraid of leaving the union in the future knowing full well that the man will use charm to bring her back if she leaves.

Oh I see now. And you say a priestess would never have that scepticism?
Re: Why A Babalawo Should Not Marry Someone Who Is Not A Priestess Of The Gods by Beosten(m): 7:40am On Dec 18, 2022
Amarisco:

Oh I see now. And you say a priestess would never have that scepticism?

Being a priestess means that she is also a diviner, and as such, would simply ask the oracle if she's being enchanted or not. Good morning!
Re: Why A Babalawo Should Not Marry Someone Who Is Not A Priestess Of The Gods by Amarisco(f): 7:44am On Dec 18, 2022
Beosten:

Being a priestess means that she is also a diviner, and as such, would simply ask the oracle if she's being enchanted or not. Good morning!

Okay o ti ye mi.

Good morrin to you too

1 Like

Re: Why A Babalawo Should Not Marry Someone Who Is Not A Priestess Of The Gods by Rechargeam247(f): 7:56am On Dec 18, 2022
Babalawo indeed.

(1) (Reply)

Brand New Gucci Sweat Suit For Sale / Mercy Chinwo Should Take Easy On Her Quest For Money / It Is Better To Be In An Abusive Marriage Than....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.