Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,232 members, 7,829,418 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) - Food (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) (31569 Views)

Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) / Party Guests Served Food From A Hot Stove In Nigeria (Video) / Nigerian Food Combinations That You Haven't Tried (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by miketayo(m): 10:08pm On Dec 19, 2022
Bread and egg
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by armyofone(m): 10:14pm On Dec 19, 2022
blackjack21:

You know Zogale salad?
Correct man!

Menini cheesy better abinchi.
I love it! And can make it cheesy add (real kulikuli) yaji to it - oh yummy goodness! grin
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Bukky001(m): 10:15pm On Dec 19, 2022
Emilia154:
I fit bite ur hand because of ewedu and amala.very delicious and ogbono with semovita all must be served hot

You sabi
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Bukky001(m): 10:18pm On Dec 19, 2022
shantti:
ekuru
efo riro
ewa agoyin, i can eat these food every day

but you see ewedu, i cant, i just cant. how can a soup be bright green in color, soups should be shades of yellow or brown. Bright green, haba

Okro nko? No be green? And even fresh efo riro

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Bukky001(m): 10:22pm On Dec 19, 2022
shantti:

since yesterday when messi won that world cup, i have been feeling suicidal. i might just end it all embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
i cant bear it any longer

You be bad belle?
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Bukky001(m): 10:29pm On Dec 19, 2022
Dybala11:

Some of your statements are right, Amala is more commonly eaten than you've it credit for in Yoruba land though. I'm a Yoruba man anyway.
The akara I've been eating here tastes better than the ones I ate while I was in Enugu. Also, the food wey fall my hand pass na okpa o. The hype around it, before I tasted it anyway, was that it has a better taste compared to moin-moin. I believe the only Yoruba soup outsiders often have reservations against is "ewedu", cos of how slimy it looks. I should have tried more of Igbo soup while I was at Enugu though, the few ones I ate wasn't really too palatable with my taste buds. That's why I decided to stick to what I know. grin
I think the Yorubas around generally have a higher tendency of sticking to the traditional methods of cooking their meals/soups, the reason it seems like there's no varieties to the efo riro I asked you about. But you can actually garnish efo riro with other condiments and according to your tastes, whether it's turkey you want to add or beef, goat meat, chicken, fish etc. I've actually eaten efo riro with cooked with all of the above several times o. I remembered the day my friend and I, prepared efo riro at the corper's lodge at Udi. We became demigods among them that day and till the rest of our service year. grin

Some of your statements are right, Amala is more commonly eaten than you've it credit for in Yoruba land though. I'm a Yoruba man anyway.
The akara I've been eating here tastes better than the ones I ate while I was in Enugu. Also, the food wey fall my hand pass na okpa o. The hype around it, before I tasted it anyway, was that it has a better taste compared to moin-moin. I believe the only Yoruba soup outsiders often have reservations against is "ewedu", cos of how slimy it looks. I should have tried more of Igbo soup while I was at Enugu though, the few ones I ate wasn't really too palatable with my taste buds. That's why I decided to stick to what I know. grin
I think the Yorubas around generally have a higher tendency of sticking to the traditional methods of cooking their meals/soups, the reason it seems like there's no varieties to the efo riro I asked you about. But you can actually garnish efo riro with other condiments and according to your tastes, whether it's turkey you want to add or beef, goat meat, chicken, fish etc. I've actually eaten efo riro with cooked with all of the above several times o. I remembered the day my friend and I, prepared efo riro at the corper's lodge at Udi. We became demigods among them that day and till the rest of our service year. grin

Some of your statements are right, Amala is more commonly eaten than you credited in Yoruba land though. I'm a Yoruba man anyway.

You served in Udi? I served in Udi too and still in Udi though I've passed out. Which batch were you?
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Bukky001(m): 10:37pm On Dec 19, 2022
miketayo:
Bread and egg

For which tribe?
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by miketayo(m): 10:43pm On Dec 19, 2022
Bukky001:

For which tribe?

White man tribe .. agege bread tho
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by eragbai17(m): 10:48pm On Dec 19, 2022
Okpa
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by theamazonguru(m): 10:49pm On Dec 19, 2022
baralatie:

Then try white soup or native soup with goat meat pepper soup

God bless you my brother.
My love for white soup (Ofe nsala) knows no bound.
I ate it first at Awka, Anambra. Since that day, must visit the restaurant at Awka anytime I visit Anambra.

Native soup, oh my.
IF you jam better native soup wey contain orisirishi, you fit forget your name.

Food dey this naija sha.

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by hssd8nland: 11:05pm On Dec 19, 2022
mariahAngel:
Food is a major unifier.
Nothing brings people together better than food.
The aim of this thread is to encourage unity in our diversity, especially on this forum where there's tribalism and hate.

So, without further ado, what Nigerian food from another tribe do you enjoy very much?
You don't have to state your tribe, but the food must be from a different tribe (apart from yours)
For me, I really like ojojo, dodo ikire, kilishi. ( These are the ones I can think of for now)

Amala and owedu

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by samwash(m): 11:07pm On Dec 19, 2022
Owo soup who get that soup?
Black soup who also get ham?
Then Ekuru from Yoruba, Emeki from Bini.
The height of them all, na the soup them take dey welcome in-laws for Abia state, someone remind me of the soup name.
The few I can remember for now.
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by odinga1of: 11:12pm On Dec 19, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Why una dey spell am as Owho? Everyone that has mentioned that soup has spelt it as Owho. It's Ogwoevwri shortened to Ogwo.

And Ogwo nobi Banga mate at all. Ogwo senior banga by far.

grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Thanks for the correction Oniovo.

Ogwo senior Banga soup? Hmmmm anyway na starch go fit determine the continuation of the argument
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by blank(f): 11:16pm On Dec 19, 2022
phemmyfour:
Is it Tuwo

It's not. It's a grain, white in color. You can cook it and use it as a cereal, or like rice with stew. When it's cooked, it looks like congealed groundnut oil. I used to have it every morning when I lived in Abuja.
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by ibkayee(f): 11:17pm On Dec 19, 2022
miketayo:
Bread and egg
Same

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Dybala11(m): 11:18pm On Dec 19, 2022
Bukky001:

You served in Udi? I served in Udi too and still in Udi though I've passed out. Which batch were you?
Yep, I served in Udi. 2020 batch A. Wait, wow. You're still in Udi?? That's good. grin
I was initially thrown to Akpakwume village, I was later able to change my PPA to C.S.S Udi/Abia.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Shokoloko(f): 11:22pm On Dec 19, 2022
I love Edo people.............
Nothing beats black soup.
I almost forgot to return home after NYSC because they were so welcoming

Very lovely thread - mariahangel

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by bbazing: 11:22pm On Dec 19, 2022
Ogbono

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by biafranrealson: 11:25pm On Dec 19, 2022
Afang soup
Am igbo

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by haybee2018(m): 11:28pm On Dec 19, 2022
omoh...FURA DE' NUNU still dey gimme this nostalgic feeling....mehn, i'll kill for dah shii anydae grin

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Konjiboii: 12:04am On Dec 20, 2022
No competition, definitely afang and atama with any swallow.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by kacheezy: 12:53am On Dec 20, 2022
I be southerner but whenever I drink fura under hot sun, I become a believer in one Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by placeofallure(f): 12:53am On Dec 20, 2022
I love kilishi. I'm also a die hard Ewa Aganyin fan. Then I take lot of tea too. My parents are tea people.

I don't like any Ibo soup or meal. I'm not a foodie so I don't like to experiment in case the taste turns out badly, I won't forgive myself. So I've never tasted any Igbo soup.

As a Yoruba girl, my best soup is Ila Alasepo, try it with sea foods and ponmo. I like it with Eko Elewe or with Amala.
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by shantti(m): 1:37am On Dec 20, 2022
Kwinesther:
I mentioned those other vegetables because they have same colour as ewedu plant (raw,uncooked) but I get you now. The color is like that because it is usually cooked without oil, pepper, meat etc unlike bitter leaf, ugwu and others that are cooked with soup ingredients. That's why ewedu cannot be eaten alone, it is usually mixed with gbegiri or stew for it to taste good and be enjoyed well. Ewedu soup is dark green, I am a lady though.

ok, u r right if you meant the uncooked vegetable. i was referring to the cooked soup made from those vegetables.
Am sorry on how i sounded

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by airsaylongcome: 2:22am On Dec 20, 2022
odinga1of:

grin grin grin cheesy cheesy
Thanks for the correction Oniovo.

Ogwo senior Banga soup? Hmmmm anyway na starch go fit determine the continuation of the argument

I first no dey chop starch so that na minus one. And banga no dey trip me unless e don old. Like two or three days. Fresh banga soup wey no dey thick dey put me off. No matter how dem warm am tire for ewere. If e no thick e no dey trip me. But u see that ogwo with better dry fish, cray fish and imekpe. NOR. GO. THERE

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Simpubozz(m): 4:00am On Dec 20, 2022
Afang and Oha lol tongue

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Pierced(f): 4:21am On Dec 20, 2022
sacajawea:

Most Igbos tend to dislike amala

Not me...... maybe because I grew up in Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by BunmiBie: 4:56am On Dec 20, 2022
Banga soup, ofe nsala, ofe uziza etc

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Napata77: 5:32am On Dec 20, 2022
Dreadlock69:
Amala ati ewedu
Amala ati efo riro
Roundabout , shaki

Afang soup with fufu
Edikiong soup with fufu

Proudly my mum cooks all and she's ibo so i enjoy yoruba and different kinds of soup cooked by her chaiii my papa go market well.
Sadly I can’t see a girl that can cook like her
...lucky you.
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Napata77: 5:37am On Dec 20, 2022
I'm surprised no one has mentioned Tuwo Shinkafa here.

Very few dishes can beat a well made Tuwo Shinkafa with groundnut soup, Maiduguri style.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by blesoh(f): 6:08am On Dec 20, 2022
As a calabar babe I think Yoruba kind of stew and okpa does it for me. I have tried abacha but can't anymore

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Rate This 20k Yam 50pcs / The Best Edikaikong Soup Recipe / David Hundeyin Advises Nigerian Chefs On The Mad Chase For Cook-a-thon GWR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.