Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,252 members, 7,829,467 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) - Food (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) (31572 Views)

Which Of These Local Snacks Did You Enjoy As A Child? (pics) / Party Guests Served Food From A Hot Stove In Nigeria (Video) / Nigerian Food Combinations That You Haven't Tried (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Omoluabi16(m): 7:55pm On Dec 19, 2022
airsaylongcome:

It’s ogwo not who. Specifically Urhobos
Okay sir, noted. wink

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by MrPresident1: 7:55pm On Dec 19, 2022
Bayelsa native soup

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by shantti(m): 7:56pm On Dec 19, 2022
ekuru
efo riro
ewa agoyin, i can eat these food every day

but you see ewedu, i cant, i just cant. how can a soup be bright green in color, soups should be shades of yellow or brown. Bright green, haba

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Grandmeister(m): 7:57pm On Dec 19, 2022
AccessME:
Agang Soup with correct Pounded Yam
I can eat this combo 7 days in a week.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by mariahAngel(f): 7:58pm On Dec 19, 2022
Bintdawood:

Oh wow!
Yes, why not wink

For the paste you'll need:
- Kuli-kuli (softly grinded)
- Spices (i use powdered ginger, garlic, pepper and onions)
- Seasonings.

Mix all these in a big bowl, then you'll be dipping the dried meat inside, bring it out (if u like you can add more seasonings to it after you bring it out) and sprinkle oil on it.
Shikenan smiley
I hope it helps smiley

Thank you.

What about the ingredient that gives it the sweet taste?
That is what does it for me. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by mariahAngel(f): 8:00pm On Dec 19, 2022
shantti:
ekuru
efo riro
ewa agoyin, i can eat these food every day

but you see ewedu, i cant, i just cant. how can a soup be bright green in color, soups should be shades of yellow or brown. Bright green, haba

Just so you know? The togolese own ewa agoyin. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by simplepee(f): 8:00pm On Dec 19, 2022
Bahamas95:
Lol, it's like you don eat am before.
I be confirm Urhobo girl grin

3 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Firstcitizen: 8:01pm On Dec 19, 2022
VeryWickedGoat:

All other Afonja foods are poisonous.

Especially their hydraulic soup

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by blackjack21(m): 8:02pm On Dec 19, 2022
VeryWickedGoat:
Ewa goin
All other Afonja foods are poisonous.

That is not Yoruba people, they just assimilate.

The agoins are a distinct tribe. I grew up amongst them, speak a bit of their language sef.
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by ojotobiloba1: 8:02pm On Dec 19, 2022
HantaVirus:
The love I have for Oha soup is astonishing shocked

Infact,if I ever get married, me,my wife and kids will eat Oha soup everyday grin

BTW,I'm Yoruba cool
That oha soup is pure eating of leaves and water (Thrash)

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:02pm On Dec 19, 2022
mariahAngel:
Food is a major unifier.
Nothing brings people together better than food.
The aim of this thread is to encourage unity in our diversity, especially on this forum where there's tribalism and hate.

So, without further ado, what Nigerian food from another tribe do you enjoy very much?
You don't have to state your tribe, but the food must be from a different tribe (apart from yours)

If this is your only account and you don't have an alternate account as a mod, I see Seun making you a mod soon...

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by shantti(m): 8:03pm On Dec 19, 2022
mariahAngel:

Just so you know? The togolese own ewa agoyin. cool

i thought it belongs to yorubas though, good to know then. though these days, food seem tasteless to me

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by mariahAngel(f): 8:03pm On Dec 19, 2022
seunayantokun:

Please and please, drop the use of TRIBE for ethnicities in Nigeria. You may use it for uncivilised people groups still living in the jungle but certainly not for people's who had by all global standards constituted lovely human societies before the advent of the colonisers who fused them together. Haven't you noticed there is no tribe in the UK, France, Germany, US, UAE, Saudi Arabia, etc? Even when some peoples can be called tribes in some of those places. But people in this country are refusing to go away from being tribal. Why?
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by mariahAngel(f): 8:04pm On Dec 19, 2022
shantti:

i thought it belongs to yorubas though, good to know then. though these days, food seem tasteless to me

How come?
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Mensonges: 8:05pm On Dec 19, 2022
I don't think there is.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by blackjack21(m): 8:05pm On Dec 19, 2022
armyofone:
Efo Riro

A very well cooked melon soup with very black green plantain Amala.
Not anyhow melon soup.

Hausawa masa and yaji
Sour Pete
Zogole

You know Zogale salad?
Correct man!

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Xcelinteriors(f): 8:06pm On Dec 19, 2022
Amalà gbegiri and ewedu with ogunfe

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by shantti(m): 8:06pm On Dec 19, 2022
mariahAngel:

How come?
since yesterday when messi won that world cup, i have been feeling suicidal. i might just end it all embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
i cant bear it any longer

3 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by funkemary(f): 8:07pm On Dec 19, 2022
Gurasa and chilled kunu haya. Nice combo
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by mariahAngel(f): 8:08pm On Dec 19, 2022
ojotobiloba1:

That oha soup is pure eating of leaves and water (Thrash)

You have not tried the hot and spicy one?
If it ain't hot and spicy? It ain't oha.
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by mariahAngel(f): 8:09pm On Dec 19, 2022
shantti:

since yesterday when messi won that world cup, i have been feeling suicidal. i might just end it all embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
i cant bear it any longer

Hahahahahahahaha grin
We should be happy for Messi naa.
He gave his all to football, so the god of football rewarded him yesterday. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by blackjack21(m): 8:09pm On Dec 19, 2022
Bobbiee:
Efo is the best yoruba soup and probably one of the best in Nigeria. As an Igbo guy, that's the one soup I'll forever miss from my time in Ibadan. Especially with well roasted goat meat. I also love and miss their moin moin and Agege bread. God have mercy on me. I've not eaten a better moin moin anywhere else in Nigeria.

Efo riro on rice.

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by blank(f): 8:09pm On Dec 19, 2022
Amala and ewedu. I'll say it's my 2nd best meal ever.

There's one Hausa food as well but I've forgotten the name. It's been a very long while.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by nesphil(m): 8:09pm On Dec 19, 2022
White rice and well-prepared Ofada sauce.

mariahAngel:
Food is a major unifier.
The aim of this thread is to encourage unity in our diversity, especially on this forum where there's tribalism and hate.

So, without further ado, what Nigerian food from another tribe do you enjoy very much?
You don't have to state your tribe, but the food must be from a different tribe (apart from yours)

For me, I really like ojojo, dodo ikire, kilishi. ( These are the ones I can think of for now)

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Grandmeister(m): 8:10pm On Dec 19, 2022
seunayantokun:

Please and please, drop the use of TRIBE for ethnicities in Nigeria. You may use it for uncivilised people groups still living in the jungle but certainly not for people's who had by all global standards constituted lovely human societies before the advent of the colonisers who fused them together. Haven't you noticed there is no tribe in the UK, France, Germany, US, UAE, Saudi Arabia, etc? Even when some peoples can be called tribes in some of those places. But people in this country are refusing to go away from being tribal. Why?
This guy. You have an unusual understanding of human culture. How can anyone call a group of people over 20 million a tribe?? That's very demeaning! The westerners have been doing this for sometime now.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by blowjohn(m): 8:12pm On Dec 19, 2022
Am frm akwaibom. We have afang, edikang ikong, afia efere, editan, atama, etc.

But I also like yoruba veges like efo,tete, shoko, ewedu.

Anything vegetable soup.

Minus black soup o( frm benin)
Minus banga too

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by Dybala11(m): 8:15pm On Dec 19, 2022
Probz:

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying it’s an objectively bad food but it’s just not for me. Sorry.

Gbegiri isn’t too bad but it’s also more Nupe than anything else and I’m fairly sure they don’t take it with amala.
Gbegiri almost Nupe?? grin
By the way, have you eaten "efo riro" before??
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by shantti(m): 8:15pm On Dec 19, 2022
mariahAngel:

Hahahahahahahaha grin
We should be happy for Messi naa.
He gave his all to football, so the god of football rewarded him yesterday. cheesy

its well embarassed embarassed

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by tyinfinity: 8:15pm On Dec 19, 2022
I hate peter OSU obi .I can not eat their food because of obituary the dullard.i like Yoruba food efo riro and Amala because of Asiwaju Tinubu

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by phemmyfour: 8:18pm On Dec 19, 2022
mariahAngel:
Food is a major unifier.

For me, I really like ojojo, dodo ikire, kilishi. ( These are the ones I can think of for now)

Tuwo and gbegiri

2 Likes

Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by phemmyfour: 8:19pm On Dec 19, 2022
blank:
Amala and ewedu. I'll say it's my 2nd best meal ever.

There's one Hausa food as well but I've forgotten the name. It's been a very long while.
Is it Tuwo
Re: The Nigerian Food From Another Tribe You Enjoy. (Pic) by SocialJustice: 8:19pm On Dec 19, 2022
Bahamas95:
I don't like owho soup that much no matter how you prepare it. Even if you put tomi fish inside I will eat the fish and leave the owho for you.
Lol, which one is tomi fish? I prefer it with pomo, cow head, periwinkle and dried river fish. Those very expensive fish that cost up to N200k. That fish is good in banga soup too. Owho spooks non indigenes a lot compared to banga.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Rate This 20k Yam 50pcs / The Best Edikaikong Soup Recipe / David Hundeyin Advises Nigerian Chefs On The Mad Chase For Cook-a-thon GWR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.