Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,273 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:16 AM

Lagos Is The World's 5th Most Unliveable City! - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos Is The World's 5th Most Unliveable City! (12596 Views)

Photos From Inside The Medview Plane That Crashlanded On Nov 5th In Lagos / PHOTOS: Why Lagos Is The Craziest City In World / Living In Lagos, Is It Worth It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Is The World's 5th Most Unliveable City! by paraphase(m): 8:34am On Sep 01, 2011
This is the Facebook picture that has sparked a police investigation. The police are asking members of the public who can identify the man in this picture - which may have been manipulated - to come forward to assist them in their investigation. We have obscured the child's face to protect his identity, but child advocacy groups are concerned about the youngster's well being. This happened in South Africa

That is another horrible report that would not make me ever think of living in South Africa.

Re: Lagos Is The World's 5th Most Unliveable City! by Johnpaul2k2(m): 8:44am On Sep 01, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Lagos Is The World's 5th Most Unliveable City! by Nobody: 9:14am On Sep 01, 2011
I am sorry , LAGOS is a DUMP !!!!!!
Re: Lagos Is The World's 5th Most Unliveable City! by KnowAll(m): 9:59am On Sep 01, 2011
Lagos State is unliveable.

Hence the quest and that shocking but commom-sensical clarion call for the creation of Lagoon State being a justifiable cause and agitation. Although Lagos has the smallest land mass, but when it comes to social responsibility, infrastructures decay with the necessity for a much needed upgrade, and general urban regeneration and renewal,  Lagos is in a dire strait. The State Government is overwhelmed by the problems of Lagos.

At times I think all Fashola’s effort at sanitizing Lagos is like using a tea cup to scoop water from a mighty ocean.  embarassed

Lagos State created in 1967 is one of the oldest States in Nigeria; it should be divided into 2 states,   Lagoon State and Mainland State. Lagoon State would include Lagos Island, Ikoyi, VI, Lekki to Epe Town and maybe Ikorodu Town.

While Mainland State would be all the mainland areas including Badagry with Capital moved to  Badagry instead of Ikeja so as to decongest the Mainland and develop the Badagry axles.

In its present form, Lagos State requires billions of dollars to be a liveable world acclaimed City in the true sense of it.
Re: Lagos Is The World's 5th Most Unliveable City! by deluxecad(m): 10:42am On Sep 01, 2011
Lagos na slum. Who shd be surprised?
Re: Lagos Is The World's 5th Most Unliveable City! by Gbenge77(m): 11:28am On Sep 01, 2011
Thats an unenviable position for a Nigerian mega city.
Re: Lagos Is The World's 5th Most Unliveable City! by Diligence: 12:21pm On Sep 01, 2011
Can u believe this: the other day 'the most expensive slum', now '5th most unlivable!'
Re: Lagos Is The World's 5th Most Unliveable City! by 3kay945(m): 12:28pm On Sep 01, 2011
people are used to living in lagos with all its associated problems, so we see it liveable inasmuchas we are coping. everybody cant be in heaven tongue
Re: Lagos Is The World's 5th Most Unliveable City! by Ericomoto(m): 1:22pm On Sep 01, 2011
Eko o ni baje o!
Re: Lagos Is The World's 5th Most Unliveable City! by Abayomin70(m): 1:37pm On Sep 01, 2011
d list is some how true we all know d lagos we live dont lie but it is not as worst as it is on d list.but me i hate LAGOS die dats y i dont cume home from school during vacation i prefer ogun state and osun state
Re: Lagos Is The World's 5th Most Unliveable City! by BigBenoski(m): 2:16pm On Sep 01, 2011
I'm sure Aba is not yet livable enough to start that list from the bottom, 'hopefully' in 10yrs time. Congratulations lagos,u made it into d list at last
Re: Lagos Is The World's 5th Most Unliveable City! by MrCork19: 4:41pm On Sep 01, 2011
am from London. I cant imagine livin in Lagos. They dont even hav elctrikcity and they drink from rivers undecided
Re: Lagos Is The World's 5th Most Unliveable City! by Afam4eva(m): 4:43pm On Sep 01, 2011
BigBenoski:

I'm sure Aba is not yet livable enough to start that list from the bottom, 'hopefully' in 10yrs time. Congratulations lagos,u made it into d list at last

Jai, you wicked. At all at all na him bad.
Re: Lagos Is The World's 5th Most Unliveable City! by Xionez(m): 8:40pm On Sep 01, 2011
So that means if you can survive here, you can make it anywhere,
smiley smiley smiley smiley
Who said Naija dey carry last?
Re: Lagos Is The World's 5th Most Unliveable City! by gree212: 11:49pm On Sep 01, 2011
I do not believe that Lagos, Nigeria is one of the most unlivable cities in the world. Many parts of Lagos is beautiful especially if they are privately owned, take a visit to Festac (where I live), Victoria Island, IKoyi, Lekki ,Victoria Garden city (VGC), central bank estate, just to mention a few. I do understand some problems that is faced when living in Lagos, but even at that, Lagos is very peaceful maybe not the extreme standard of living that you would expect. There are so many places that are worst than Lagos that is not even included, say like North Africa. Because I live there, and I go through the day to day lives of a proper Nigerian. I therefore disagree that this statistic is wrong!
Re: Lagos Is The World's 5th Most Unliveable City! by mrjingles(m): 1:17am On Sep 02, 2011
Abeg I no go school, what does liveable city mean? When pple wan lie na grammar dem go begin blow.
Re: Lagos Is The World's 5th Most Unliveable City! by pynkspyce: 9:48am On Sep 02, 2011
i refuse to believe lagos is worst than baghdad. so this list is already biased.
Re: Lagos Is The World's 5th Most Unliveable City! by makizee(m): 2:33pm On Sep 02, 2011
Whoever believes this load of crap does not deserve to live in LAGOS, Gbam[b][/b]
Re: Lagos Is The World's 5th Most Unliveable City! by Nobody: 9:13pm On Sep 02, 2011
lol.
Re: Lagos Is The World's 5th Most Unliveable City! by velo10: 2:23pm On Sep 07, 2011
paraphase:

This is the Facebook picture that has sparked a police investigation. The police are asking members of the public who can identify the man in this picture - which may have been manipulated - to come forward to assist them in their investigation. We have obscured the child's face to protect his identity, but child advocacy groups are concerned about the youngster's well being. This happened in South Africa

That is another horrible report that would not make me ever think of living in South Africa.
Bloody white racist. His time is coming soon

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Easiest Way To Get Australian Visa / Japa: There Is A Dentist Crisis In UK. / Traffic Advice For Road Users

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.