Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,279 members, 7,822,381 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release (42502 Views)

We Did Not Authorise Commercial Banks To Collect Old ₦500, ₦1000 Notes - CBN / 15-Year-Old ₦‎500 Note Currently In Circulation (Pictured) / 100 Naira Denomination In Circulation Are Worn Out. Who Else Has Noticed This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by Jemex003: 8:54am On Dec 19, 2022
Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by Konjiboii: 8:55am On Dec 19, 2022
Is anyone really surprised

Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by Hopebringer: 8:55am On Dec 19, 2022
LeoDeKing:

I wouldn't want to sound tribalistic.

So let's simply say "na dem".

Any tribe that think they are responsible can now assume they are "dem".

Or you mean it's theives and criminals like you simplyleo aka LeoDeKing

Bastard fraudster. We know you and your crimes you are trying to hide from

Thief grin
Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by chatinent: 8:55am On Dec 19, 2022
Many never see the original...how we wan know the fake?
Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by SporaD8: 9:05am On Dec 19, 2022
MarketDispatch:

FAKE without Hologram in Picture 1

Original with Gold Hologram in picture 2
Shouldn't the clueless CBN govern be paying you for doing this?

1 Like

Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by MarketDispatch: 9:14am On Dec 19, 2022
SporaD8:

Shouldn't the clueless CBN govern be paying you for this?

No but please send it to the CBN Governor so that they will improve the security features and educate Nigerians for what to look out for and not fall victims to Scammers.[b]
[/b]
Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by iammolise(m): 9:16am On Dec 19, 2022
I prefer the old note, this one look like the old one fell inside "sunshine blue" solution undecided
Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by depure(m): 9:19am On Dec 19, 2022
[quote author=HitRun post=119261816]Two pictures, one of the original N1000 and another of the fake N1000, would have made this post complete. [/quote
Means they are lying
Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by meobizy(f): 9:20am On Dec 19, 2022
I guess they didn’t consider anti-counterfeit measures when crafting the bills.
Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by SporaD8: 9:22am On Dec 19, 2022
MarketDispatch:

No but please send it to the CBN Governor so that they will improve the security features and educate Nigerians for what to look out for and not fall victims to Scammers.[b][/b]
More reason why I think He should pay you for doing his job for him!
Acceptability ; Zero
Durability ; In Doubt
Recognisable ; Confusions - 500<>200
Public Awareness ; Not-in-List
On which criteria/characteristics of Money should the new notes be allowed
Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by dyera(m): 9:23am On Dec 19, 2022
MarketDispatch:

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by dyera(m): 9:26am On Dec 19, 2022
meobizy:
I guess they didn’t consider anti-counterfeit measures when crafting the bills.

The bill contains anti counterfeit measure. The fake does not have those things. Their goal is to catch ignorant Nigerians unaware.

2 Likes

Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by GardenOfGod(m): 9:28am On Dec 19, 2022
post=119262888:
Some Nigerians are the problems of Nigeria.

We are waiting for the first scape goat that will be caught,
he will be made an example to his fellow fraudsters and scammers.

They have hands, but will never work legitimately.
Fraud has been engrave on their empty heads

Long jail time to all fraudsters and scammers
APC that promised #1 to $1 without fulfilling it and the rest of the fake life promises is not a fraudulent party? All of you APC members and supporters deserve to be jailed according to you. Nonsense!
Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by dyera(m): 9:33am On Dec 19, 2022
MarketDispatch:

But does this mean that whenever we receive bundle of Naira notes, we will start checking them one by one to see if the gold is present?

1 Like

Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by Emilia154(f): 9:36am On Dec 19, 2022
I talk am say with d way d new money be,fake go plenty wella
Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by blessedbanky: 9:40am On Dec 19, 2022
I was given a new #1000 naira note yesterday by a POS agent but I rejected it, at least it has to wait till it starts circulating fully. I don't want stories that touch.

Meanwhile contact us for IELTS, TOEFL, AND SAT tutorials. We offer both online and physical classes for those who live outside and in the city of Port Harcourt respectively. Our results are a testament to the hard work our unbeatable crop of teaching personnel put in daily. Contact us on 08160074676

Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by shortIGBOman: 9:55am On Dec 19, 2022
ipobarecriminals:
sad Handwork of those ochanga, head Bridge, upper iweka,ladipo etc DEVELOPER BOYS

Say it as it is.

IGBO amaka grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by KennethEnyi(m): 9:59am On Dec 19, 2022
Useless nation
Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by BennyDGreat: 10:00am On Dec 19, 2022
Templee333:
since the CBN has not been able to produce enough of the notes they were ranting about for months,let others help them. I hope they don't take their 31st January deadline serious, because they are unserious.

They can't meet up the deadline...quote me if they ever meet up.
It's obviously not feasible....na to dey very careful when given any of the changed notes now
Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by Originalsly: 10:27am On Dec 19, 2022
HitRun:

Two pictures, one of the original N1000 and another of the fake N1000, would have made this post complete.

He showed the gold seal..... the point is ... Step One....look for the gold seal ... if present ... Step Two ... scratch it. If it can be scratched... counterfeit. If it can't be scratched... genuine. Simple.

The note be posted ... we don't know if it's the real or fake one... and can know only if we scratch the gold seal. The FG should be the one giving out this information even before the notes were released.
Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by zedegit: 10:27am On Dec 19, 2022
Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by zedegit: 10:30am On Dec 19, 2022
HitRun:
Two pictures, one of the original N1000 and another of the fake N1000, would have made this post complete.

Hmm
Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by zedegit: 10:31am On Dec 19, 2022
MarketDispatch:

Please what of 500 and 200 notes difference?
Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by grandstar(m): 10:32am On Dec 19, 2022
GOFRONT:
Let the police do the needful and fish out those behind the circulation of the fake notes.

Time to go to bed now. I've had enough merriment over the Great feat Messi has attained last night........There is only one Greatest footballer in the whole wide world........His name is Lionel Football Messi.

Is fishing out the culprit the issue but how easy it was to be counterfeited and the publics poor reception to the redesigned Naira in general?

A poorly thought out policy and its implementation is what we see here and nothing else.
Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by hkidola00(m): 10:43am On Dec 19, 2022
GOFRONT:
Let the police do the needful and fish out those behind the circulation of the fake notes.

Time to go to bed now. I've had enough merriment over the Great feat Messi has attained last night........There is only one Greatest footballer in the whole wide world........His name is Lionel Football Messi.
Ronaldo and Pele remains the goat..not a penalty FIFA agenda push for Messi...
Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by stephenponti(m): 12:30pm On Dec 19, 2022
At this point it may. be very impossible for an average Nigerian to differentiate between the original and the fake because not many people has had first-hand of the original
Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by Elidrisy20: 12:48pm On Dec 19, 2022
Whose fault it is?
Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by CitynewsNG(m): 1:59pm On Dec 19, 2022
Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by esomchidaania7: 2:19pm On Dec 19, 2022
Was expecting pictures tho.Na we be your best plug for everything sexual enhancement thoWas expecting pictures tho.Na we be your best plug for everything sexual enhancement tho...
Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by Nobody: 2:24pm On Dec 19, 2022
The new notes dont seem to have the security features the old ones had, no water marks, mercury fonts and the like, its seems anyone with 4o gram paper and high resolution color printer can just print the notes.

Is the CBN outsourcing printing of notes to the general public?
Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by mickyeddi(m): 6:45pm On Dec 19, 2022
This has got to be one of the ugliest currencies on the planet. Why have Arabic nonsense on the note?
Re: Fake New ₦‎1000 Notes In Circulation, Few Days After Release by PARADIZEPRIEST: 2:48pm On Dec 20, 2022
How do you fcking know is fake? where is d fake feathers?
CBN SHOULD UpLOAD YoUTUBE VIDEO TO EDUCATE PEOPLE ABOUT HOW TO KNOW THE ORIGINAL NOTES AND STOP BEHAVING LIKE DUMMIES.THIS IS 21ST CENTURY,I DONT EXPECT BLACKMAN TO BE BEHAVING KIKE STONE STONE PEOPLE. angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Five Fastest Growing Small Scale Businesses In Nigeria / Bankers, Is This True? / Nigeria Is Now Africa's Top Tech Nation, Beats South Africa - Forbes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.