Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,760 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

How Would You Curtail Boko Haram If You Were The President Of Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Would You Curtail Boko Haram If You Were The President Of Nigeria? (925 Views)

We Will Be Rewarding Boko Haram If We Elect Buhari – Middle Belt Group / We Will Negotiate With Genuine Boko Haram If We Take Over Power-by Lai Mohammed / Boko Haram: If You're In Abuja, Lagos, P.H, Be At Alert& Inform Your Fam&friends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Would You Curtail Boko Haram If You Were The President Of Nigeria? by GCFR: 7:14pm On Aug 31, 2011
Good day Nairalanders,

We have all been complaining about the present trend of escalating terrorism in our dear country Nigeria by an Islamic sect called Boko Haram.

My question is, if you were in GEJ shoes. How would react? What would you do to curb this vicious group.let us do some brainstorming here.

I welcome all inputs

cheers
Re: How Would You Curtail Boko Haram If You Were The President Of Nigeria? by ojolomi: 8:41pm On Aug 31, 2011
Bring al d old politician to book, eg ibb, obj, buare, and every litle cult, group, and were every one is a security to the evaronment he or she belong to, and receive monthly salary for every information.
Re: How Would You Curtail Boko Haram If You Were The President Of Nigeria? by Blackteeth(m): 9:00pm On Aug 31, 2011
This thread is irrelevant because posters will say things that they will find impossible to do when they find themselves in the president's shoes.
Re: How Would You Curtail Boko Haram If You Were The President Of Nigeria? by GCFR: 9:13pm On Aug 31, 2011
it is called a brainstorming session
Re: How Would You Curtail Boko Haram If You Were The President Of Nigeria? by 4Play(m): 9:21pm On Aug 31, 2011
Blackteeth:

This thread is irrelevant because posters will say things that they will find impossible to do when they find themselves in the president's shoes.

Many people give the impression that the security situation is fairly easy to combat. You see that all the time in this forum. This is the opportunity for these brainiacs to enlighten us rubes who think this is extremely complex and will take years to manage.
Re: How Would You Curtail Boko Haram If You Were The President Of Nigeria? by jumobi1(m): 10:18pm On Aug 31, 2011
Undercover, spies, $$ rewards. Putting Christian (Yoruba and Igbo) police in the Northern states were Boko Haram operate and redeploying the police men in the North to the south.
Re: How Would You Curtail Boko Haram If You Were The President Of Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 12:06am On Sep 01, 2011
^^^ Deploying the police as is?? Sheeesh!!! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: How Would You Curtail Boko Haram If You Were The President Of Nigeria? by jumobi1(m): 2:19am On Sep 01, 2011
Ok give us a feasible solution sir.

Kobojunkie:

^^^ Deploying the police as is?? Sheeesh!!! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: How Would You Curtail Boko Haram If You Were The President Of Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 2:27am On Sep 01, 2011
emi? Solution prof-erring for to soothe egos on here? nefa!!!  grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy grin Carry on with your solution prof-erring . . . it is an open forum and I have a right to critic your so-called solutions as a result. grin
Re: How Would You Curtail Boko Haram If You Were The President Of Nigeria? by hercules07: 2:31am On Sep 01, 2011
The solution is easy, reorganise the security forces, stop putting incompetent people in positions of power, win the hearts and minds of the people in maiduguiri, they know the boko haram guys, show some backbone and please fix the economy by fighting corruption.
Re: How Would You Curtail Boko Haram If You Were The President Of Nigeria? by Litmus: 2:42am On Sep 01, 2011
If there is a way to stop terrorism the American and British would know it and we'd send people to learn from them. Unforgettably, since the American and British don't appear to know how to prevent terrorist acts we have no one to learn from and most go it alone. 

Meanwhile, since it is persistently obvious from the amount of hatred shown Nigerians on this board by many Africans, we need to secure our borders and learn to keep records or things won't  get better.
Re: How Would You Curtail Boko Haram If You Were The President Of Nigeria? by coogar: 2:48am On Sep 01, 2011
GCFR:

Good day Nairalanders,

We have all been complaining about the present trend of escalating terrorism in our dear country Nigeria by an Islamic sect called Boko Haram.

My question is, if you were in GEJ shoes. How would react? What would you do to curb this vicious group.let us do some brainstorming here.

I welcome all inputs

cheers

march on borno state. . . . .send trucks of soldiers to their base and kill everything that moves.
just like obasanjo did in odi village. . . . .maim, kill and raze their houses down.
granted, innocent people would die but that's the sacrifice to pay anyways. it's better that way than to let boko haram kill more with their bombs.
Re: How Would You Curtail Boko Haram If You Were The President Of Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 2:50am On Sep 01, 2011
Litmus:

If there is a way to stop terrorism the American and British would know it and we'd send people to learn from them. Unforgettably, since the American and British don't appear to know how to prevent terrorist acts we have no one to learn from and most go it alone. 

Meanwhile, since it is persistently obvious from the amount of hatred shown Nigerians on this board by many Africans, we need to secure our borders and learn to keep records or things won't  get better.

I cannot believe someone is really attempting to compare the Boko Haram situation with TERRORISM against America and Britain. Seriously? We have a home grown sect that only a year ago, was not even in existence and you already want to compare this group with International terrorist groups that have been in operation for, I don't know, decades? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: How Would You Curtail Boko Haram If You Were The President Of Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 2:51am On Sep 01, 2011
coogar:

march on borno state. . . . .send trucks of soldiers to their base and kill everything that moves.
just like obasanjo did in odi village. . . . .maim, kill and raze their houses down.
granted, innocent people would die but that's the sacrifice to pay anyways. it's better that way than to let boko haram kill more with their bombs.

Did that really accomplish anything reasonable and rational, apart from proving that we elected into the office, as PRESIDENT, a man who himself was STILL a glorified criminal even after decades of supposed enlightenment?  undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: How Would You Curtail Boko Haram If You Were The President Of Nigeria? by coogar: 2:54am On Sep 01, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Did that really accomplish anything apart from prove that our PRESIDENT is himself a glorified criminal? undecided undecided undecided undecided

i think it did.
between 1999 and 2003, there was peace and tranquility in the niger-delta.
it wasn't until yaradua got in power that the peace in naija delta became shyte all over again.

you meet fire with fire. . . . .to serve as a deterrent.
the innocent people that would die with this method is less than the people boko haram are planning to kill as we speak.
nigeria is a 3rd world country. things are not expected to be perfect. a good excuse for a leader with brass balls to unleash thunder on boko haram.
Re: How Would You Curtail Boko Haram If You Were The President Of Nigeria? by moneygenee: 3:35am On Sep 01, 2011
I T I S V E R Y S I M P L E A S A B C

visit : http://www.letter2president..com/

(1) (Reply)

Ikuforiji Is An Ex U.S. Convict? / Lagos Police Salary Stolen From Police Bank / Nigerian Woman Caught With 35 Pellets Of Heroin In Her Stomach At Dulles Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.