Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,465 members, 7,861,340 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 10:13 AM

Can GRV Win Lagos Governorship If Peter Obi Wins Presidency? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can GRV Win Lagos Governorship If Peter Obi Wins Presidency? (890 Views)

APC Postpones Lagos Governorship Primary To 'Fresh Time And Date' / Tinubu Releases Lagos Governorship Primary Statement After Ambode's Brickbats / Femi Otedola Accepts PDP Lagos Governorship Ticket (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can GRV Win Lagos Governorship If Peter Obi Wins Presidency? by Penguin2: 10:49am On Dec 21, 2022
The Labour Party governorship candidate in Lagos, Gbadabor Rhodes-Vivour doesn’t seem to stand a chance against APC’s Sanwolu who is the incumbent governor of Lagos State. But something tells me dynamics might change if Peter Obi wins the presidency.

Recall that almost every poll that has been conducted so far has predicted Obi’s victory in Lagos State. While I’m not very optimistic about that, one cannot also dismiss the product of data and research just like that.

Now, even if Peter Obi doesn’t win Lagos in the presidential election but ends up winning the presidency, I feel like anti-Tinubu elements in Lagos will be emboldened to make sure that he is embarrassed to the latter by ensuring that his dynasty is dislodged in Lagos. And with the Obidients effect with support from other disgruntled elements, I see GRV being a beneficiary of it just like Peter Obi is a beneficiary of the frustration of those who are tired of the old order.

After the presidential election on February 25th, we will have about 2 weeks before the governorship election in March, which will be enough time to make all necessary realignments and mobilization for GRV.

Lastly, I must admit that Sanwolu seems relatively popular amongst Lagosians which might make him win his re-election irrespective of who wins the presidency, but like Oyetola was the victim of anti-Tinubu sentiments in Osun, so might Sanwolu be in Lagos.

So, over to you, do you think GRV will stand a chance if Obi wins?

Nlfpmod
Mynd44

2 Likes

Re: Can GRV Win Lagos Governorship If Peter Obi Wins Presidency? by Zonefree(m): 10:50am On Dec 21, 2022
Labour Party Gbadabor Rhodes-Vivour stands a better chance of winning than Jandor and Funke of PDP.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can GRV Win Lagos Governorship If Peter Obi Wins Presidency? by Penguin2: 11:02am On Dec 21, 2022
Zonefree:
Labour Party Gbadabor Rhodes-Vivour stands a better chance of winning than Jandor and Funke of PDP.

Can’t you see that’s why I didn’t count them as a factor.

Even if Atiku wins the presidency, they still won’t win.

But GRV can greatly benefit from an Obi victory that he might pull an upset.

3 Likes

Re: Can GRV Win Lagos Governorship If Peter Obi Wins Presidency? by mrvitalis(m): 11:21am On Dec 21, 2022
Penguin2:

Can’t you see that’s why I didn’t count them as a factor.

Even if Atiku wins the presidency, they still won’t win.

But GRV can greatly benefit from an Obi victory that he might pull an upset.
Truth he can but not now after 4 years as minister

The present governor is performing , friendly with everyone ...Igbos love him like no tomorrow ...he is a worker so he should win easily

GRV should just get the publicity , become a minister under obi then come back

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Can GRV Win Lagos Governorship If Peter Obi Wins Presidency? by OGIBRA(m): 11:21am On Dec 21, 2022
Lolz, u mean these governorship election of this 2023 in lagos, nigeria? Or another lagos?
Governorship election where all the party candidates are former APC MEMBERS that just decamps few month to primary election? from, jandor to doherty to rhode, e.t.c are al dsame... jimi agbaje and obanikoro governorship experience comes to mind...
SANWO OLU, sef no stress himself
Re: Can GRV Win Lagos Governorship If Peter Obi Wins Presidency? by Ofunaofu: 11:23am On Dec 21, 2022
Immediately Peter Obi is declared winner it's going to have a bandwagon effect on all labour party candidates most especially for Lagosians who will see it as an opportunity to liberate themselves from the shackles of Tinubu strangle hold

Tinubu is kneeling on the neck of lagos State and lagos State needs to breed

GRV will benefit from Peter Obi's win

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can GRV Win Lagos Governorship If Peter Obi Wins Presidency? by Olowoeko11: 11:37am On Dec 21, 2022
Smokers lounge

2 Likes

Re: Can GRV Win Lagos Governorship If Peter Obi Wins Presidency? by FarahAideed: 11:44am On Dec 21, 2022
I hate unrealistic folks , get this into your head Obi is winning nothing neither is GRV
Re: Can GRV Win Lagos Governorship If Peter Obi Wins Presidency? by yarimo(m): 11:50am On Dec 21, 2022
He can't win because, PETER OBI can't and won't win any election in Nigeria
Re: Can GRV Win Lagos Governorship If Peter Obi Wins Presidency? by Penguin2: 2:04pm On Dec 21, 2022
mrvitalis:

Truth he can but not now after 4 years as minister

The present governor is performing , friendly with everyone ...Igbos love him like no tomorrow ...he is a worker so he should win easily

GRV should just get the publicity , become a minister under obi then come back

Right.

But like I said, it might not be about Sanwolu but about Tinubu.

Oyetola did nothing wrong to Osun people but they still voted him out.

Why?
Re: Can GRV Win Lagos Governorship If Peter Obi Wins Presidency? by ganisucks(f): 2:05pm On Dec 21, 2022
Sanwo-Olu will make a deal and betray his benefactor.
Re: Can GRV Win Lagos Governorship If Peter Obi Wins Presidency? by FatherOfJesus: 2:06pm On Dec 21, 2022
For me, I don't really care about the gubernatorial election.
I just want Peter Obi as president.

I don't think LP can win Lagos state because they are not doing enough campaign towards that
Re: Can GRV Win Lagos Governorship If Peter Obi Wins Presidency? by FatherOfJesus: 2:08pm On Dec 21, 2022
yarimo:
He can't win because, PETER OBI can't and won't win any election in Nigeria
with BVAS, obi can win Lagos state
Re: Can GRV Win Lagos Governorship If Peter Obi Wins Presidency? by yarimo(m): 4:31pm On Dec 21, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
with BVAS, obi can win Lagos state
if the BVAS voting will take place online abi
Re: Can GRV Win Lagos Governorship If Peter Obi Wins Presidency? by FatherOfJesus: 4:32pm On Dec 21, 2022
yarimo:
if the BVAS voting will take place online abi
anywhere, Obi will beat Tinubu

1 Like

Re: Can GRV Win Lagos Governorship If Peter Obi Wins Presidency? by yarimo(m): 4:38pm On Dec 21, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
anywhere, Obi will beat Tinubu

Re: Can GRV Win Lagos Governorship If Peter Obi Wins Presidency? by FatherOfJesus: 5:14pm On Dec 21, 2022
[quote author=yarimo post=119326839][/quote] laugh now so you can get pain later

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Female Army Officer Abducted In Abia Rescued – [see Video Of Her Captors] / Court Of Appeal Affirms Edeoga As The Authentic Labour Party Candidate For The E / Tinubu In Critical Condition, Lands In ICU Following Election Results - AID

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.