Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,484 members, 7,836,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary (49931 Views)

Lady Feels Pity For Poor Nigerians After Entering Okada For The 1st Time (video) / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Nobody: 10:44am On Dec 28, 2022
ednut1:
this is you. You have never seen 60k pounds or earned it yet you say it’s small. Joker
Leave the OVB123 mumu. The Ediot is relocating from port harcourt to benin, from one zoo to another talking trash about uK PEOPLE. Even homeless people in the Uk is way better than him

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by seguno2: 10:44am On Dec 28, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
Almost all workers are complaining in the UK and everbody is on strike on wage issue from trainr drivers to ambulance to teachers to nurses to university on strike They are complaining of poor pay debt and leaving the job . But Nigerians that are well paid are also leaving on student visa to join the strike in the .UK or cannot see the cost of living crisis in the UK . Is there something else

Have you forgotten your comparatives

Good, better & best

Bad, worse & worst.

One man’s food is another man’s poison. It just shows how much we are a low expectations people.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Nobody: 10:45am On Dec 28, 2022
Jokerman:
Honestly I tire.

London don turn new lagos.

Nigerian should continue trying USA, Canada, Sweden, Australia .... these countries are great...
So London is the only city, town or village in the UK? grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Nobody: 10:46am On Dec 28, 2022
SouthCaroliina:
Leave the OVB123 mumu. The Ediot is relocating from port harcourt to benin, from one zoo to another talking trash about uK PEOPLE. Even homeless people in the Uk is way better than him
Gbam! grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by seguno2: 10:47am On Dec 28, 2022
ednut1:
this is you. You have never seen 60k pounds or earned it yet you say it’s small. Joker

Haba Oga, please why are you like this now, exposing the hypocrite so smoothlygrin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by nedekid: 10:47am On Dec 28, 2022
Same way folks will come to Abuja or Lagos from ogoja, ekiti, kaduna, abakaliki etc to do domestic and low skilled work, while those already in cities are complaining of low pay and dont even want to work.
Months now I have being looking for sales girls, for where, why work when you can nack 3 guys a day 5k, 10? .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by lajid: 10:48am On Dec 28, 2022
quentin06:

The money is only high when compared to the naira, its a function of the exchange rate, 35000 dollars or pounds per year in US or UK is a poor wage by their standards. What can you really accomplish with that in the midst of high living expenses?

If you left Nigeria for good why are you talking of converting your foreign wages to naira? Why cant you invest over there and forget Nigeria papapata.

Yeah I understand. But we are not talking about $35,000 pounds or dollars per year. The target income here is from 45000 pounds/60,000 dollars a year. What’s your thoughts on that??
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Geovanni412(m): 10:49am On Dec 28, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
Almost all workers are complaining in the UK and everbody is on strike on wage issue from trainr drivers to ambulance to teachers to nurses to university on strike They are complaining of poor pay debt and leaving the job . But Nigerians that are well paid are also leaving on student visa to join the strike in the .UK or cannot see the cost of living crisis in the UK . Is there something else

Inflation is destroying the earnings of the average worker in UK. Inflation hit about 9 percent officially some months back in UK.
Nigerians keep on migrating - they are willing victims of propaganda. Propaganda that going abroad is the route to financial mecca. They have abroad syndrome.
They fail to realise that in the 21 st century, money can be made wherever you are provided that you have access to the internet. If you have 11 million naira to migrate, why not use 500,000 or 1 million and try and build an online business. Let them continue - travel agents will continue to cash out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFz5g_RBwiQ

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Nobody: 10:49am On Dec 28, 2022
OVB123:
That is thisame question i was about to ask, they don't know that 60k pounds annually is nothing to write home about. Nigerians need to learn that it is not as easy as their think.
£60k is nothing to write home about? Abeg tell us how you earned this year. grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Nobody: 10:54am On Dec 28, 2022
pocohantas:

Sugar daddies are not AVERAGE NIGERIANS. “Average” is someone like you eating horrendous meals.

Any of my comment you see, you jump out like a monkey to attack without thinking. Use your brain for once - stop making that organ bored to death. Jeez!
Poco, you are savage (yeah)
Classy, bougie, ratchet (yeah)
Sassy, moody, nasty! Lol.

( ꈍᴗꈍ)( ꈍᴗꈍ)

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Nobody: 10:55am On Dec 28, 2022
lajid:

Yeah I understand. But we are not talking about $35,000 pounds or dollars per year. The target income here is from 45000 pounds/60,000 dollars a year. What’s your thoughts on that??

Like I said before if your annual income in a developed country is not in 6 digits forget it. There is a different between living a lifestyle and renting it. The living costs there are much higher, rent is paid monthly, medicare is expensive, you have to get permits and licenses for things we take here for granted. Raising children is more expensive, taxation much more higher, here you can keep millions in your account no one bothers you over there witnout some form of immunity that money will be taken from you.

Making a lot of money without knowing how to keep it in your pocket is another route to poverty.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Treadway: 10:56am On Dec 28, 2022
lajid:

Felt a little bad with this comment from you, I mean I was asking advise from you. You’ve been there reason I’m asking. I’ve been to Reddit and saw people complaining a bit, I never said 60k was small so I don’t know how “I don’t have 100k in my account” came up. I only said don’t you think it is small and how much do people save from that, which you perfectly answered by mentioning it is a big man money in the UK and I now got to understand that, simple, but then your opinion anyway.

it is your fault bro..not sorry to say. What stops you from forming an independent opinion based on info available to you pretty much everywhere? Why seeking authentication or validation from people ONLINE? No one genuinely gives a fck, didn't you get the memo? You don't need to see the world thru anybody's eye. Information is readily available, get info, trust your gut, and trust your own conclusions/decisions. All these ojuorolari kids wey full here go steady dey form superman on top your head.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by qtguru(m): 10:56am On Dec 28, 2022
pocohantas:
It is still a better deal for most Nigerians considering where we are coming from.

When they get there, settle in, enjoy the stable electricity and saner clime as we love to call it - then their expectations would increase and that is when the grumbling begins.

However, it remains a better deal when compared to our 200k Nigerian salary. Though there are cases of misinformation and bogus/unrealistic expectations.

The only average person that can give you money in this Dec 2022 is your relative abroad. Life is hard in Nigeria.

Fact, next year alot of us are porting, the cost of Lagos makes no sense for the money one pays.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Countersam(m): 10:56am On Dec 28, 2022
ahiboilandgas:

Further enslavement through cheaper labour.... Simple.. angry
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by franchasng: 10:58am On Dec 28, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
Austrailia very high salaries .some guys earn over 200 k USD. Per year
And I will sit on a flight for over 24hrs in the name of traveling to heaven abi?

Reptile wahala in Australia, plus harsh weather conditions in Canada makes them a last option for most Nigerians.

Norway, Sweden, etc are good but they don't speak English, and the time it would take you to learn their language to stand chance of securing good paying job is another wahala of its own.

USA remains the best except that Trump policies made American visa more difficult than before.

12 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Gohs: 11:00am On Dec 28, 2022
You people should just vote Peter Obi in 2023. .

And see the way japa go reduce for this country. grin cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by dyera(m): 11:00am On Dec 28, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
Austrailia very high salaries .some guys earn over 200 k USD. Per year

You mean 200k AUD

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by OVB123: 11:04am On Dec 28, 2022
gypsey:
£60k is nothing to write home about? Abeg tell us how you earned this year. grin
In uk cost of living is very high and her citizen are complaining. The reason why most Nigerians see 60k pounds as reasonable is because of the depreciation of our currency (naira). Think about it, if 1 pound was equal to 1 naira, who will want to kill his/herself living in the UK.

13 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by CodeTemplar: 11:04am On Dec 28, 2022
lajid:

Here ednut, trust you’re well. Don’t you think 45m to 60k pounds a year is low after removing tax and living expenses?

You commented on my thread when I asked whether to choose big four or IB (actually went for the big four reason being that I want to japa too.

But then the money paid looks small, how do they save with 45-60k pounds? After tax and living expenses?

UK money is faster compared to local money. Those in UK will build a house bback home faster than most in Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by treatise: 11:05am On Dec 28, 2022
ahiboilandgas:

It's a case of a dead lion being better than a living dog.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by AngelaInteriorz: 11:07am On Dec 28, 2022
ednut1:

grin grin
Small-small.
You don cast that "Nairaland Millionaire".
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by OVB123: 11:08am On Dec 28, 2022
SouthCaroliina:
It has now led to abuses abi? Many indomie generational kids in this forum.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Gloriagee(f): 11:08am On Dec 28, 2022
Cos there's frying pan and there's fire. Know this and know peace....

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Parachoko: 11:09am On Dec 28, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
-50 degree .weather how are you coping!
There is no major city in Europe that the weather can be this harsh

-50 degree can only be gotten in location close to the artic if am not wrong.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Kingluqman(m): 11:10am On Dec 28, 2022
Jokerman:

You can imagine

Someone whom I know went to Australia and started doing cleaning.... I know what he makes per month.
A relative (living in the US) told me yesterday "why not Australia?", when I discussed with her about trying to relocate to the US with my family. She gave her reasons and I appreciated her words. Coming across this is another eye-opener for me.

Please if there is any link oo!! Help
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by matm: 11:11am On Dec 28, 2022
High exchange rate from pound to dollar is the reason for japa.One pound is N543.00.
Now if ur salary in UK is a paltry N3000 a month.
N3000 times N543=N1629000 a month in naira.
If u are sending just IK home monthly, it's equivalent to N543000. which is far greater than the salary of a Court Judge here in Nigeria.
That's why people love japa

10 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by pocohantas(f): 11:11am On Dec 28, 2022
qtguru:

Fact, next year alot of us are porting, the cost of Lagos makes no sense for the money one pays.

We just dey manage am because Lagos is the only city where you can get everything at once. I have found a way to keep my expenses low. Na black tax be my major problem now.

franchasng:
USA remains the best except that Trump policies made American visa more difficult than before.

No lies. I done think am, I done observe. I still never see any other class of immigrants that come close to those in America. Just say the country too hard to enter, but naso e suppose be. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Parachoko: 11:12am On Dec 28, 2022
OVB123:
That is thisame question i was about to ask, they don't know that 60k pounds annually is nothing to write home about. Nigerians need to learn that it is not as easy as their think.
How many person dey earn up to 60k in a year in England?

£60k is a lot of money, don't be fooled

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by PJ123: 11:13am On Dec 28, 2022
Kenn55:

Nairaland is a place where someone can become anything they wish. Some people are millionaires and billionaires on nairaland but are poor in real life grin.

A former church member wrote ielts 5 times, he could not pass it and he gave up
He is now an anti japa crusader on social media. But then people who read his posts don't know he wrote ielts 5 good times. I pity those who can't make their own research and rely on nairaland people grin

I honestly don't know why people have such resentment towards people that have achieved what they couldn't achieve. Why discouraging people to migrate if they want. Migration is age long phenomenon even from bible days.
I have so many brilliant friends that have left the country and I have so many other brilliant friends who believe they would not migrate anywhere. I have a consultant friend who left for Canada and returned back to Nigeria for personal reasons. He's in US now. He likes Nigeria and always looking forward to retire in his home-town.

Leaving or staying in Nigeria is not a success. Leave people alone to explore especially when they're very young. I might not encourage some who's 50 years older to do so because of peculiarities of western world, except you are well established in the global demand skills.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by statutory: 11:14am On Dec 28, 2022
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by AngelaInteriorz: 11:14am On Dec 28, 2022
nedekid:
Same way folks will come to Abuja or Lagos from ogoja, ekiti, kaduna, abakaliki etc to do domestic and low skilled work, while those already in cities are complaining of low pay and dont even want to work.
Months now I have being looking for sales girls, for where, why work when you can nack 3 guys a day 5k, 10? .

Same problem here. All these young boys and girls don't want to work again.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by eleniyan2020: 11:16am On Dec 28, 2022
Jokerman:
Honestly I tire.

London don turn new lagos.

Nigerian should continue trying USA, Canada, Sweden, Australia .... these countries are great...
I de reason dis Sweden,you get any idea?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Crash Barrier Stops Danfo From Falling Off The 3rd Mainland Bridge (Photos) / Ghana Groom Crushed To Death In Car Crash While Going To His Wedding Reception / Amos Poubinafa: Flood Forces Bayelsa Traditional Ruler To Sleep In Car (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.