Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,306 members, 7,836,330 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:14 AM

Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary (49916 Views)

Lady Feels Pity For Poor Nigerians After Entering Okada For The 1st Time (video) / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by seangy4konji: 12:59pm On Dec 28, 2022
Keep masturbating over people that want to go to YK as if its your fathers money they will use.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by odinga1of: 12:59pm On Dec 28, 2022
Tobijays:
are you related to Tunde ednut? The I’m catching cold ooo crooner

cheesy cheesy cheesy The guy na pure savage like Tunde Ednut.

Tunde Ednut was a comedian na, e come later go sing. Relocated to America in 2014.

They are not related. Na just moniker.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by freddie009(m): 1:10pm On Dec 28, 2022
ICEWIN:

STUDY ROUTE?

No, skills visa something of that nature
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by lajid: 1:15pm On Dec 28, 2022
NohurryInLife:

Sorry brother, what do you mean by big four brand??

Pwc, Deloitte, kpmg and EY known as the big four. They are professional service offering firms with multinational presence.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Enemyofpeace: 1:16pm On Dec 28, 2022
Jokerman:
Honestly I tire.

London don turn new lagos.

Nigerian should continue trying USA, Canada, Sweden, Australia .... these countries are great...
how about Afghanistan, India and Pakistan?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by PJ123: 1:17pm On Dec 28, 2022
franchasng:
Tell your sister to keep working and saving and give US another shot.

With her monthly salary and prospect, resigning to migrate to UK might not be a good or smart decision, unless she is married with kids and maybe her hubby isn't earning as much as she does, then the option of migrating to UK might be cool. If she is not married tell her to stay back and save more

Thanks so much!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by bonnyhope: 1:18pm On Dec 28, 2022
Thastie:
I have only been in the UK for 3 months and I have sent 1.2m naira home. If I was still in Nigeria I wouldn't have been able to send anything with my 95k salary. My dad n mom would still been sick and we would have to beg rich relatives to assists.
Also I have spent £13000 in bringing my spouse here so don't be naive.
Just migrate in the right way.
Good

Are you in medical field?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Thastie(f): 1:18pm On Dec 28, 2022
franchasng:
Don't mind Nigerians jareh.

For anybody living in Nigeria and earning less than 1million a month, UK is far better for that person.

Unless you are earning above 1million in Nigeria, then I can say migrating to the UK is not a smart decision, but for those earning less than 1million monthly in Nigeria, please if you can, migrate to UK legally, e get why grin

The money you earn in UK is very useful back home and you can leave a meaningful life here as far as you're not into drugs and you no dey do pass yourself, so if you can just japa.

And you understand that some of our parents spent their earnings on our education and are left with the house and shops they own. Healthcare is not free in Nigeria and you don't know when those disease will come, only God can safeguard us. I'm just so glad that I could help. Even though I wished the money was sent foe their pleasure.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Thastie(f): 1:19pm On Dec 28, 2022
bonnyhope:

Good

Are you in medical field?
Yes
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by dochenaj: 1:19pm On Dec 28, 2022
expertman:
As of today ticket to Sydney is 2.8M return ticket ooooo. Minus visa ooooo.

Australia visa takes about 4months for process ooooo.
It depends on how closely you book the flight.

If you plan say 1-2 months ahead, you will get return tickets for less than 1.5M
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by EngrKemp: 1:22pm On Dec 28, 2022
Jokerman:

You can imagine

Someone whom I know went to Australia and started doing cleaning.... I know what he makes per month.
What does he make per month?
Tell us
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by jedisco(m): 1:22pm On Dec 28, 2022
quentin06:

Like I said before if your annual income in a developed country is not in 6 digits forget it. There is a different between living a lifestyle and renting it. The living costs there are much higher, rent is paid monthly, medicare is expensive, you have to get permits and licenses for things we take here for granted. Raising children is more expensive, taxation much more higher, here you can keep millions in your account no one bothers you over there witnout some form of immunity that money will be taken from you.

Making a lot of money without knowing how to keep it in your pocket is another route to poverty.

Have you ever lived in a 'developed society'?

What percentage of UK residents earn above 6 figures?

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by GloriousGbola: 1:26pm On Dec 28, 2022
Whoops ie
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by optionalY09: 1:26pm On Dec 28, 2022
Niftkid:

Aje u dey motivate me .. cool

you know say na monthly them they pay rent abroad? and it’s not cheap less i forget you also pay taxes on you crap no fun time you work extra hrs to keep up
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Nobody: 1:27pm On Dec 28, 2022
optionalY09:

you know say na monthly them they pay rent abroad? and it’s not cheap
Aje u dey dismotivate me . embarassed
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Nobody: 1:28pm On Dec 28, 2022
OVB123:
It has now led to abuses abi? Many indomie generational kids in this forum.
sorry man , just had to pass my anger because if you’re given an opportunity to the UK now you wont miss it, so why talk bad about them?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by dochenaj: 1:29pm On Dec 28, 2022
quentin06:
OP you have answered your question. The movement of migrant workers from under developed economies to developed ones is the cause of the wage downward spiral. The western countries are looking for cheap labour, the idea of these free scholarships are to ultimately get cheap labour from other countries, I pity the locals because in the long run they re the ones being short changed, you can now understand the hostility towards migrants from the original residents of these countries.
But then cheaper labour in the long run will translate into lower cost of living.

It's just a cycle.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by sukkot: 1:29pm On Dec 28, 2022
ednut1:
probably doesn’t have 100k naira in his account
but the man is correct now, 60k a year is small now. alright lets do the math on that.

so at that salary you are on 40 percent tax bracket. so your take home is 40k. so this type of salary job you can only get in london so rent is like 2000 a month. thats 24k gone. we have 16 k left

council tax is 2k. 14k left
transportation lets say 1k for the year. 13 k left
water light and gas lets say 200 a month thats lets say 2k a year. thats 11 k left
feeding lets say 100 a week thats 6k . we left with five thousand

phone bill and internet lets say 1k. we left with 4k
clothing and haircuts lets say 2k a year we left with 2k
childrens nanny and childcare thats like 4k a year. NOW ALL MONEY IS FINISHED AND WE RUNNING ON NEGATIVE

MISCELLANEOUS LETS SAY 2K. NOW WE ON MINUS 4000 POUNDS

SEND MONEY HOME TO NAIJA LETS SAY 2000. NOW WE ON MINUS SIX THOUSAND POUNDS

TRUTHFULLY YOU NEED A SALARY OF 100 THOUSAND POUNDS TO SURVIVE LONDON OR ELSE NA STRUGGLEVILLE FOR YOU AND THATS GAME . THATS A NIGGA KEEPING IT REAL WITH YOU cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by ednut1(m): 1:31pm On Dec 28, 2022
sukkot:
but the man is correct now, 60k a year is small now. alright lets do the math on that.

so at that salary you are on 40 percent tax bracket. so your take home is 40k. so this type of salary job you can only get in london so rent is like 2000 a month. thats 24k gone. we have 16 k left

water light and gas lets say 200 a month thats lets say 2k a year. thats 11 k left

childrens nanny and childcare thats like 4k a year. NOW ALL MONEY IS FINISHED AND WE RUNNING ON NEGATIVE

TRUTHFULLY YOU NEED A SALARY OF 100 THOUSAND POUNDS TO SURVIVE LONDON OR ELSE NA STRUGGLEVILLE FOR YOU AND THATS GAME . THATS A NIGGA KEEPING IT REAL WITH YOU cheesy
false. Only 10k in the 60k is subject to 40%. You are quoting bogus figures to make your self feel good. How may do you earn in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by propertyhunter1: 1:31pm On Dec 28, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
Almost all workers are complaining in the UK and everbody is on strike on wage issue from trainr drivers to ambulance to teachers to nurses to university on strike They are complaining of poor pay debt and leaving the job . But Nigerians that are well paid are also leaving on student visa to join the strike in the .UK or cannot see the cost of living crisis in the UK . Is there something else

This is the best time to move to IRELAND. If you don't have paper, use train or bus from England to Belfast station then train to Dublin. You will thank me later

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by bonnyhope: 1:31pm On Dec 28, 2022
franchasng:
Don't mind Nigerians jareh.

For anybody living in Nigeria and earning less than 1million a month, UK is far better for that person.

Unless you are earning above 1million in Nigeria, then I can say migrating to the UK is not a smart decision, but for those earning less than 1million monthly in Nigeria, please if you can, migrate to UK legally, e get why grin

How much person fit budget for a single person migration
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by dochenaj: 1:31pm On Dec 28, 2022
juman:
If you have comfortable life here in nigeria, dont throw it away to go abroad.
You will regret it.
Can you tell us your definition of a comfortable life here in Nigeria.

And your estimation of how many people are living it?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Ckonnet: 1:32pm On Dec 28, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
Almost all workers are complaining in the UK and everbody is on strike on wage issue from trainr drivers to ambulance to teachers to nurses to university on strike They are complaining of poor pay debt and leaving the job . But Nigerians that are well paid are also leaving on student visa to join the strike in the .UK or cannot see the cost of living crisis in the UK . Is there something else

They suppose flog you for even bringing this topic up, they just killed an innocent woman the other day like she is a rat, 45 people where massacred just like that the other day and these are captured issues apart from reported massacres going on everyday. Apart from one's root,what will even encourage one to live in Nigeria presently?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by MT: 1:32pm On Dec 28, 2022
Before you make your decision to Japa or not, just know that the current UK government has increased the tax in order to fill an over 30 billion GBP deficit in their budget.

So, if you are a professional, earning so high, you will be mostly affected. Here is the new UK Tax by the current UK government:

What are the 2023/2024 income tax bands?
The income tax bands for the 2023/2024 tax year are being kept the same as the previous tax year before and again are currently meant to be in place until 2026.

After the £12570 threshold you will pay income tax at the following rates:

Basic rate of 20% on earnings between £12,571 and £50,270
Higher Rate of 40% on earnings between £50,271 and £150,000
Additional Rate of 45% on earnings over £150,000
Scotland has different rates of tax and bands. For 2023/2024, these are:

Starter Rate of 19% on income between £12,571 and £14,732
Basic Rate of 20% on income between £14,733 and £25,688
Intermediate Rate of 21% on income between £25,689 and £43,662
Higher Rate of 41% on income between £43,663 and £150,000
Top Rate of 46% on income over £150,000
The tax bands may change with the governments stance on tax being unpredictable in recent times.

My take is that individual should make their own decisions and forget about people either writing depressing stories or those that are hyping themselves here. When push comes to shove, you will be solely responsible for your action. While you consider opportunities, consider inflation, taxes etc, then take your decision. You will be really stupid to allow a faceless person here to guide your lifetime decision. It is all on you.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by sukkot: 1:36pm On Dec 28, 2022
ednut1:
false. Only 10k in the 60k is subject to 40%. You are quoting bogus figures to make your self feel good. How may do you earn in Nigeria
YOU get the point bruh. even at that sixty grand uk pounds is not enough. you will struggle. hence all the strikes. everybody is struggling and yet hyperinflation is biting hard. and yet some are making only half of that which is 30k pounds. thats like someone in nigeria earning 100 thousand naira a month. its the equivalent .
60k pounds, you will struggle in the uk

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by dochenaj: 1:38pm On Dec 28, 2022
quentin06:

Like I said before if your annual income in a developed country is not in 6 digits forget it. There is a different between living a lifestyle and renting it. The living costs there are much higher, rent is paid monthly, medicare is expensive, you have to get permits and licenses for things we take here for granted. Raising children is more expensive, taxation much more higher, here you can keep millions in your account no one bothers you over there witnout some form of immunity that money will be taken from you.

Making a lot of money without knowing how to keep it in your pocket is another route to poverty.

I don't know who told you the bolded section.

The person lied to you. Or you very likely misconstrued what the person was saying.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by ibkayee(f): 1:39pm On Dec 28, 2022
sukkot:

Weren’t you calling 50k ‘not too shabby’ the other day? grin

60k is not big baller money but it is enough to live a decent lifestyle in London.

It also depends on who the money is covering, since you included childcare expenses, there’s a large chance there will be additional money coming from the partner on top of that £60k

They will not be suffering this guy grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by ednut1(m): 1:41pm On Dec 28, 2022
sukkot:
YOU get the point bruh. even at that sixty grand uk pounds is not enough. you will struggle. hence all the strikes. everybody is struggling and yet hyperinflation is biting hard. and yet some are making only half of that which is 30k pounds. thats like someone in nigeria earning 100 thousand naira a month. its the equivalent
council tax is also not 2k for that band. Many of the amounts you stated are also false. You are anti japa why are you still in this section Go for deliverance

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by OVB123: 1:43pm On Dec 28, 2022
lajid:

I’m actually even thinking of hopefully see if I can relocate to Australia or Canada through a big four brand. I don’t like UK heard things are too expensive there. At least you can still save more in the other countries
The problem with australia is that her visa is very rigid to get. Alot of procedures involve.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by ibkayee(f): 1:43pm On Dec 28, 2022
ednut1:
council tax is also not 2k for that band. Many of the amounts you stated are also false. You are anti japa why are you still in this section Go for deliverance
Lmao don't mind sukkot grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by EngrKemp: 1:43pm On Dec 28, 2022
ednut1:
tongue its not that deep, na bants mixed with facts.

According to the official documents from the tax body in UK, less than 9% of the population earned above 60k in 2019/2020 tax year. Dont let reddit people deceive you.

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/percentile-points-from-1-to-99-for-total-income-before-and-after-tax

So using my friend as an example his 46k salary at a big four in midlands area of uk equals 34,528 a year after tax and 2,875 per month. Lets say he saves 30% of that amount ( i am able to save 35% to 45% of my net pay in Canada). That's about 9m naira when converted to Naira. For which job you wan save 9m in naira a year with 3 to 4 years experience asides international oil companies
What's the easiest route to japa to UK right now.
Legit stay ... easiest route
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by sukkot: 1:46pm On Dec 28, 2022
ibkayee:

Lmao don't mind sukkot grin
lmao hey yall know what am tambout. i am rounding off the figures. council tax would be over 1000 and i am rounding it off to 2k so as to get a clean calculation. thats all am doing mayne but yall get the point wink grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (23) (Reply)

This Woman Acts As The Conductor Of Her Own Bus (photos) / Myanmar Pilot Successfully Lands Faulty Plane Without Front Wheels (Photos) / The Destruction Caused After Dam Collapsed In South Africa (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.