Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,326 members, 7,836,391 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary (49919 Views)

Lady Feels Pity For Poor Nigerians After Entering Okada For The 1st Time (video) / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by kizyalex10(m): 1:48pm On Dec 28, 2022
ahiboilandgas:
Almost all workers are complaining in the UK and everbody is on strike on wage issue from trainr drivers to ambulance to teachers to nurses to university on strike They are complaining of poor pay debt and leaving the job . But Nigerians that are well paid are also leaving on student visa to join the strike in the .UK or cannot see the cost of living crisis in the UK . Is there something else

im based in South Korea and I’m sure Korea is better than UK,work wise and business wise but I’m currently relocating to Uk with my family this week.why,first is nt always about money but first is secure environment,and a working system where your kids will get quality health care,education etc that they can’t get in Nigeria,why am I not taking them to Korea is because Korea don’t give resident papers and nt an English speaking country and you can’t do work based on what u studied,u jst end up in a factory or do business.no matter how poor uk seems to be,it can’t be compared to naija and it’s environment and insecurity.so relocating will give me peace of mind,staying with my family etc.even if I have only 500 pounds left after every month,I’m happy

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by ednut1(m): 1:48pm On Dec 28, 2022
EngrKemp:

What's the easiest route to japa to UK right now.
Legit stay ... easiest route
if you are not a doctor, nurse, auditor or tech person you no fit get work permit from here easily. Only other option is study visa or marriage. Nothing like easy immigration. If you want easy immigration cross over to Benin or Niger grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by MT: 1:49pm On Dec 28, 2022
mikebabs101:
I'm very sure , your friend is not working for a Nigeria company, your friend is working remotely for an international company and that's the reason they are paying him that amount. Getting a remote position is not easy and not many people will get lucky. The main reason it's advisable to Japa to the land of opportunities which you switch jobs and grow your career if you are in IT. I have not seen any Nigerian company that pays their workers in IT up to 3million, only international company does. If you doubt me , go on indeed and do a research yourself or mention the name of a company that pays such amount

Discuss what you know. There are individuals in Nigeria who are into IT earning higher than that per month.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by sukkot: 1:49pm On Dec 28, 2022
ednut1:
council tax is also not 2k for that band. Many of the amounts you stated are also false. You are anti japa why are you still in this section Go for deliverance

lmao hey yall know what am tambout. i am rounding off the figures. council tax would be over 1000 and i am rounding it off to 2k so as to get a clean calculation. thats all am doing mayne but yall get the point grin

and i am not anti japa. i am pro japa for others but anti japa for myself. we need mercenaries out there working in these foreign lands sending back foreign currency to nigeria or else nigeria would collapse, so i am pro japa. just not for myself
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Mozegee: 1:51pm On Dec 28, 2022
Jokerman:

You can imagine

Someone whom I know went to Australia and started doing cleaning.... I know what he makes per month.
.the problem is getting genue people who can do the visa
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by dochenaj: 1:51pm On Dec 28, 2022
OVB123:
In uk cost of living is very high and her citizen are complaining. The reason why most Nigerians see 60k pounds as reasonable is because of the depreciation of our currency (naira). Think about it, if 1 pound was equal to 1 naira, who will kill his/herself living in the UK.
The best way to look at it is calculate the proportion of your wages you spend on different costs viz- a-viz rent, feeding, transport, utility bills, medical etc.

If you earn 50k monthly in Nigeria and spend 15k on rent, 3k on utility bills, 7k on transport, 25k on feeding with 0k saved. That translates to 30% on rent, 6% on utility, 14% on transport, and 50% on feeding, 0% savings.

Now for someone who ends 2000 pounds monthly irrespective of conversion rate. What is the proportion of his wages to his different expenditure?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by sukkot: 1:58pm On Dec 28, 2022
ibkayee:

Weren’t you calling 50k ‘not too shabby’ the other day? grin

60k is not big baller money but it is enough to live a decent lifestyle in London.

It also depends on who the money is covering, since you included childcare expenses, there’s a large chance there will be additional money coming from the partner on top of that £60k

They will not be suffering this guy grin
for a white yob who has great credit and most likely has 10 credit cards with credit limits of 10k on each meaning he has access to cash of 100k on credit. so you see ? its not the sixty grand he is depending on as a white guy ? but as a white trucker who most likely is an independent contractor he has most likely established great relationships with banks and credit companies and has access to hundreds of thousands of credit facilities. but a naija man with zero credit facility trying to survive on just sixty thousand pounds ? and he has wife and children ? he go chop cold baked beans tayaaaaaaa with mouldy bread walahiiiiii talahiiiiiii dan boro uba shege cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by MT: 2:00pm On Dec 28, 2022
Ckonnet:

They suppose flog you for even bringing this topic up, they just killed an innocent woman the other day like she is a rat, 45 people where massacred just like that the other day and these are captured issues apart from reported massacres going on everyday. Apart from one's root,what will even encourage one to live in Nigeria presently?

There was a pub shooting, killing a beautician in the UK on the 24th December. And there has been more crimes reported after that. Crime is everywhere. We can only continue to hope and pray for God's protection wherever we are.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by ibkayee(f): 2:02pm On Dec 28, 2022
sukkot:
for a white yob who has great credit and most likely has 10 credit cards with credit limits of 10k on each meaning he has access to cash of 100k on credit. so you see ? its not the sixty grand he is depending on as a white guy ? but as a white trucker who most likely is an independent contractor he has most likely established great relationships with banks and credit companies and has access to hundreds of thousands of credit facilities. but a naija man with zero credit facility trying to survive on just sixty thousand pounds ? and he has wife and children ? he go chop cold baked beans tayaaaaaaa with mouldy bread walahiiiiii talahiiiiiii dan boro uba shege cheesy cheesy
Lmaooo

Ok you have a point

I was thinking £60k for an individual
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by ednut1(m): 2:04pm On Dec 28, 2022
sukkot:

lmao hey yall know what am tambout. i am rounding off the figures. council tax would be over 1000 and i am rounding it off to 2k so as to get a clean calculation. thats all am doing mayne but yall get the point grin

and i am not anti japa. i am pro japa for others but anti japa for myself. we need mercenaries out there working in these foreign lands sending back foreign currency to nigeria or else nigeria would collapse, so i am pro japa. just not for myself
you see how dumb you sound. Since Nigerians are suffering abroad how are they able to send 20 billion dols annually. No carry this nonsense enter 2023.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by dochenaj: 2:05pm On Dec 28, 2022
Mindcure:
grin grin grin
Bro, him already get those experience from nija before.

Most of them haughty migrants they always see and paint Nigerian context too harsh, where as you can actually make good money here and go for vacations in western countries.

Not everyone wants to be employee, some prefer to be employers.
Do you suppose they people who travel out cannot become employers too?
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by ednut1(m): 2:06pm On Dec 28, 2022
ibkayee:

Lmao don't mind sukkot grin
the mods should ban all these clowns. Frustrated they could not japa
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Gerrard59(m): 2:06pm On Dec 28, 2022
PJ123:

So what should be your advice to my sis with CFA, earning #900k monthly, and with her her yearly bonus, her monthly package will be more than 1.5M. Aside the fact she will definitely get a promotion next year?
She wants to migrate to UK. She has tried US once but didn't click. I have advised her to try US more than UK but she feels US wahala is much and hence considering UK .

Your sister should write the GMAT and do her MBA in the US. Target the top 15 MBA programs. The information for everything is online. She is better off in the US than the UK. However, if she insists on the UK, her target should be LSE, Oxford or Cambridge.

P.S. I am basing this on her profile esp as she has a CFA.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by sukkot: 2:07pm On Dec 28, 2022
ibkayee:

Lmaooo

Ok you have a point

I was thinking £60k for an individual
lol now dont get me wrong i am not in any way saying sixty thousand pounds is to be sniffed at because quite frankly its only a handful in the whole uk earning that amount anyway but that just buttresses the point that UK is a land of struggling, because the wages are just never enough for ANYBODY unless you are one of these ceo earning millions .

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Metrofox(m): 2:07pm On Dec 28, 2022
Gerrard59:

The braggadocio by ignorant Nigerians is appalling. 60K which is the salary for an Oxbridge grad working in the city is what someone says is nothing to write home about while inhaling generator fumes? embarassed

Why are our people so loud yet so unintelligent? It is pathetic because the Internet used in posting such can also be used to verify information online.

You should understand that most people resort to despising things out of their reach as a cooking mechanism. It's human nature and allows for a good night sleep
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by sukkot: 2:08pm On Dec 28, 2022
ednut1:
hey bro you and i know sixty thousand pounds in the uk is struggle money. dont front cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by MT: 2:09pm On Dec 28, 2022
My last comment on this. People should stop converting Pounds sterling directly to Naira to prove a point. It does not work that way. You are not earning salary in Pounds sterling and spending in Naira. You will still spend in the same economy.

People should know that there are more opportunities in the West, and these opportunities directly depend on your skillset. No one really cares about your multiple masters or Phd, they will put you to test using real life scenario. It is not an environment where you can hoodwink them. So, if we are saying there are opportunities, they are not for everyone. Ask yourself sincerely what kind of skillset you have.

Also, some people are living like a pauper in the UK but they come to Nigeria to flaunt 2000GBP to impress people. They come back to the UK to suffer and slave away. Strictly consider your salary, what is left after tax, remember that inflation will still eat into what remains. What kind of apartment do you want to stay - a one room in a flat or a whole flat. Can you afford to eat in a good restaurant, go to cinema, go on sight seeing or your wage cant allow you to see beautiful things that UK has to offer but which cost money?

Nairaland is a place where someone slaving away somewhere will project himself like a king and queen or someone will hype himself far beyond what he or she is truly is. I just smile when I see people calling figures as if it is majority that are earning that in the west.

If you allow them to push you without you doing your own research, you have yourself to blame.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by ibkayee(f): 2:09pm On Dec 28, 2022
ednut1:
Nah he used to live in the UK and actually japa'd back to Nigeria grin

He exaggerates a bit sometimes but he's mostly trolling grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by sukkot: 2:11pm On Dec 28, 2022
ednut1:
you see how dumb you sound. Since Nigerians are suffering abroad how are they able to send 20 billion dols annually. No carry this nonsense enter 2023.
alright lets do the math on that.

there are about 10 million nigerians in diaspora
20 billion dollars is just 1000 dollars each of them send home a year. surely everybody can afford to send that home in a year ? thats only like 800 thousand naira sent home in a year per person. this is money that e money spends in one night at quilox grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by OVB123: 2:13pm On Dec 28, 2022
SouthCaroliina:
sorry man , just had to pass my anger because if you’re given an opportunity to the UK now you wont miss it, so why talk bad about them?
Apology my dear accepted. Concerning the question you asked, I woundn't think twice to UK but what I want us to understand is that I have alot of simply base in the UK and they will tell you that for every pounds you earned taxes, accomodation etc will consumed it, hence sending money to Naija become very difficult that is y when u c somebody from the UK, he/she will rather give you gift but money, no way ooo, I have many of them here in Benin City.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by ahiboilandgas: 2:16pm On Dec 28, 2022
Ckonnet:

They suppose flog you for even bringing this topic up, they just killed an innocent woman the other day like she is a rat, 45 people where massacred just like that the other day and these are captured issues apart from reported massacres going on everyday. Apart from one's root,what will even encourage one to live in Nigeria presently?
so people don't die like Rats! In the UK ? a woman was just killed while hanging out with friends in the club in Bristol . all die na die .Abi you prefer UK die.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by theredaddy: 2:26pm On Dec 28, 2022
pocohantas:

You see that food ehn? It took a lot of discipline to wean myself of junks and carbonated drinks.

lipsrsealed
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by theredaddy: 2:30pm On Dec 28, 2022
pocohantas:

You see that food ehn? It took a lot of discipline to wean myself of junks and carbonated

No wonder eateries are her choice landmark lipsrsealed . [/quote]

olounje i'yaa unltd
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by sukkot: 2:31pm On Dec 28, 2022
nedekid:
Same way folks will come to Abuja or Lagos from ogoja, ekiti, kaduna, abakaliki etc to do domestic and low skilled work, while those already in cities are complaining of low pay and dont even want to work.
Months now I have being looking for sales girls, for where, why work when you can nack 3 guys a day 5k, 10? .
why dont you offer a decent wage and they will come rushing. the fact you have not seen one in months despite this high unemployment shows you are a wicked person lmao. probably offering 10k salary per month grin
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by ednut1(m): 2:33pm On Dec 28, 2022
sukkot:
alright lets do the math on that.

there are about 10 million nigerians in diaspora
20 billion dollars is just 1000 dollars each of them send home a year. surely everybody can afford to send that home in a year ? thats only like 800 thousand naira sent home in a year per person. this is money that e money spends in one night at quilox grin grin
china and india has over 20m Diaspora and they are in almost every country same with Indians. There is no wey nigerian diaspora is 10m . At best 3m

Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by ednut1(m): 2:36pm On Dec 28, 2022
ibkayee:

Nah he used to live in the UK and actually japa'd back to Nigeria grin

He exaggerates a bit sometimes but he's mostly trolling grin
the muna something guy lol. He is still bitter he didn’t make it there lol
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by ahiboilandgas: 2:38pm On Dec 28, 2022
ednut1:
china and india has over 20m Diaspora and they are in almost every country same with Indians. There is no wey nigerian diaspora is 10m . At best 3m
they are remiting to pay back loans they took to Japa, marry , build home and assist their families with token . They are not remiting to run the Nigeria state to pay for police or army. So be calming down ! If you manage send 100 USD to you Mama how is that new ? Like wise emeka in Alaba is sending money to his mum on Nusukka,also building home there .
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by SIRTee15: 2:40pm On Dec 28, 2022
MT:

Discuss what you know. There are individuals in Nigeria who are into IT earning higher than that per month.

Pls mention the local company. Thanks.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by Jokerman(m): 2:42pm On Dec 28, 2022
Enemyofpeace:
how about Afghanistan, India and Pakistan?

I'm not a Muslim sir
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by sukkot: 2:44pm On Dec 28, 2022
ednut1:
oh nigeria diaspora is 10m. we talking about first generation nigerians too because many of them send money home to relatives too. uk alone we are over 1 million. usa with first generation nigerians we are easily five million. canada about half a million, south africa about half a million, india about 100 thousand, south america about 1 million, other parts of africa like gambia and senegal etc about 1 million, other parts of europe about 1 million, other parts of asia about 700 thousand
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by nedekid: 2:50pm On Dec 28, 2022
sukkot:
why dont you offer a decent wage and they will come rushing. the fact you have not seen one in months despite this high unemployment shows you are a wicked person lmao. probably offering 10k salary per month grin
Anyway, you that is not wicked, hope you have many people employed. Atleast, I try in my little way with quite a few workers currently.
Now, you judge me claiming paying 10k per month, how can you assume? Someone more reasonable said maybe it was the salary and I explained my manager for that business pays 30-40k for waitresses. And the person must live around the area so there is no transportation cost, also can make their food in the kitchen so they don't need to spend on feeding at work. That business is a bar, and compared to others it pays well. Resume by 11 am.
A business cannot pay more than its income, and I am no charity. Or you expect me to pay a lady in a bar in downtown outskirts of Lagos 100k per month? even in lekki, how much do they pay?
Anyway when you open your own pay 1m per month.
Girls now a days will rather hookup and make that money in 1 or 2 days hence they rather not work.
Re: Why Are Nigerians Japing To The UK When UK Workers are On Strike For Poor Salary by megastu(m): 2:53pm On Dec 28, 2022
i was wondering sef
ednut1:
Average income in uk is 31k, people who did cleaning jobs when i dey uk some 14 years ago ( minimum wage then was 5.50) were able to save and build houses in Nigeria lol . 60k na big man salary for Uk, some doctors in Uk earn that.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (23) (Reply)

Myanmar Pilot Successfully Lands Faulty Plane Without Front Wheels (Photos) / The Destruction Caused After Dam Collapsed In South Africa (Pictures) / Crash Barrier Stops Danfo From Falling Off The 3rd Mainland Bridge (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.