Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,021 members, 7,852,504 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:19 PM

Obi First Presidential Candidate To Visit Me – Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obi First Presidential Candidate To Visit Me – Jonathan (1633 Views)

Atiku, First Presidential Candidate To Be Rejected By His Party – Ortom / Peter Obi First Child Was 16 Years Old In 2010, Yet Co-own Company With Him / What Happened Between Me, Jonathan, Buhari, Tambuwal, Others – Ex-igp Opens Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obi First Presidential Candidate To Visit Me – Jonathan by Ofunaofu: 2:22pm On Dec 24, 2022
Former President Goodluck Jonathan has applauded the standard bearer of the Labour Party, Peter Obi, who he said was the first presidential candidate to lead a delegation to visit him.

The courtesy visit to Jonathan’s home in Yenagoa took place before Obi’s rally in Bayelsa State on Friday.

While commending Obi for his cultured public utterances, the ex-president urged him to make a unity of Nigeria his priority if elected as president.

He said, “I want to thank you that you are the first presidential candidate to pay a courtesy visit to me. I want to use this opportunity to encourage you in what you are doing.

I have been listening to comments from political leadership and sometimes our supporters do more damage on our behalf. And I must commend you because your utterances so far have not shown any division. Just keep doing what is right.

If you win, you will be a president for the whole nation, you won’t be a President for any group of people.

“For Nigeria to move forward we need unity. There were predictions in the late 50s and early 60s that Nigeria and some other countries will be at par, and we normally ask ourselves why are we where we are now. This was predicted by intellectuals, people who study the world and predicted that Nigeria, India, Brazil etc but all those countries left us but we are still where we are. We Nigerians must ask ourselves one question, why are we not able to move with others?

“In terms of tribal and religious sentiments, they are almost in every nation but the degree we have in Nigeria is very debilitating. It is what is pushing us backwards. We have a country that we do not believe we belong to the country. Most of our leaders would say Nigeria is not a nation. We have different nationalities and geographical expressions but I believe that young people, especially if we must move forward must put those sentiments aside.

“Every nation, every country has their own history. A Nigerian must see himself as a Nigerian. We must see ourselves as one. And if I am the President, if the best person to hold a particular office is from Enugu, Ibadan, or Sokoto, it doesn’t matter. And until we get to that point as a nation, we cannot move anywhere. We have been putting square pegs in round holes because of religious, tongues and tribal sentiments.

“If by divine providence you win the election, your first responsibility is to unite Nigeria. Without unity, we cannot solve our security problems. Without unity, we cannot solve our economic problems. If you unite Nigeria, that is the beginning of a new Nigeria, and the revolution and the development that will take place.”

Appreciating his warm gesture and hospitality, an excited Obi promised to do his best to unite the people.

He also vowed to bring back the glory days of the country when he gets elected as president at the February 25 presidential poll.

“Nobody can talk about peace, and unity today without reference to you. All we have been preaching throughout our campaign is that we want to unite Nigeria we want to ensure that Nigeria moves back to where her per capital was a few years before.

“All these are in reference to you so I am here personally as your own junior brother to pay respect and loyalty. I am sure you must have endorsed your own,” he said.

https://punchng.com/obi-first-presidential-candidate-to-visit-me-jonathan/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi First Presidential Candidate To Visit Me – Jonathan by MandelaLives: 2:23pm On Dec 24, 2022
Nice.
Re: Obi First Presidential Candidate To Visit Me – Jonathan by Jostoman: 2:25pm On Dec 24, 2022
Peter obi will be a good president for Nigeria

20 Likes

Re: Obi First Presidential Candidate To Visit Me – Jonathan by Dawn91(m): 2:26pm On Dec 24, 2022
Wow
Re: Obi First Presidential Candidate To Visit Me – Jonathan by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 24, 2022
Obi is a good guy

6 Likes

Re: Obi First Presidential Candidate To Visit Me – Jonathan by Nobody: 2:27pm On Dec 24, 2022
“If by divine providence you win the election, your first responsibility is to unite Nigeria. Without unity, we cannot solve our security problems. Without unity, we cannot solve our economic problems. If you unite Nigeria, that is the beginning of a new Nigeria, and the revolution and the development that will take place.”

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obi First Presidential Candidate To Visit Me – Jonathan by Saywhat10: 2:28pm On Dec 24, 2022
A good product speaks for itself

5 Likes

Re: Obi First Presidential Candidate To Visit Me – Jonathan by Abdul05: 2:30pm On Dec 24, 2022
When will obi use a full capacity stadium ?

So that l can invite my friends .. cheesy grin

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obi First Presidential Candidate To Visit Me – Jonathan by Nobody: 2:36pm On Dec 24, 2022
Interesting...
Re: Obi First Presidential Candidate To Visit Me – Jonathan by Delphi(m): 2:44pm On Dec 24, 2022
*"While commending Obi for his cultured public utterances, the ex-president urged him to make a unity of Nigeria his priority if elected as president."

I like Jonathan's acknowledgement of the mode of Obi's cultured public utterances. Very impressive.

8 Likes

Re: Obi First Presidential Candidate To Visit Me – Jonathan by Oziens: 2:46pm On Dec 24, 2022
Well spoken @GEJ&@Peter Obi. Nigeria Shall Be Great Again in Jesus Name, Amen!
Peter Obi Has The 4Cs of Great Leader As Compared To His Opponents.
Pls let's Come Together & Vote LP Peter in February 2023

1 Like

Re: Obi First Presidential Candidate To Visit Me – Jonathan by mauriceminor: 2:48pm On Dec 24, 2022
Abdul05:

mumu u no go listen to someone na to find fault if na baba blue blue blue and rubbish talk u go open eye..buhari wey get full stadium wertin he achieved for u ..division and stupidity

4 Likes

Re: Obi First Presidential Candidate To Visit Me – Jonathan by Dreal1247: 2:48pm On Dec 24, 2022
Every sensible Nigerian knows that Mr Peter Obi is the man who the country has been waiting for.

1 Like

Re: Obi First Presidential Candidate To Visit Me – Jonathan by TheNiceGuy(m): 2:49pm On Dec 24, 2022
Is JEG now suffering from memory loss because Tinubu was the first. He was with him in bayelsa as a presidential candidate.

Zombidiots are even using the picture to Mock popularize Tinubu
Re: Obi First Presidential Candidate To Visit Me – Jonathan by Abdul05: 2:49pm On Dec 24, 2022
mauriceminor:
mumu u no go listen to someone na to find fault if na baba blue blue blue and rubbish talk u go open eye..buhari wey get full stadium wertin he achieved for u ..division and stupidity

grin cheesy obi is a loser
Re: Obi First Presidential Candidate To Visit Me – Jonathan by ilovenicloe(f): 2:50pm On Dec 24, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
Is JEG now suffering from memory loss because Tinubu was with him in bayelsa as a presidential candidate.

All I see here is a wailing lunatic who will keep wailing after February 2023

1 Like

Re: Obi First Presidential Candidate To Visit Me – Jonathan by ilovenicloe(f): 2:50pm On Dec 24, 2022
Abdul05:

grin cheesy obi is a loser

And your father is a winner yet he gave birth to you ?

1 Like

Re: Obi First Presidential Candidate To Visit Me – Jonathan by kaeycea(m): 2:51pm On Dec 24, 2022
Abdul05:

When will you stop importing party members from the neighboring states for your campaigns..

1 Like

Re: Obi First Presidential Candidate To Visit Me – Jonathan by TheNiceGuy(m): 2:53pm On Dec 24, 2022
Vawulence minister. cheesy

He's taking to Reno's advise
Abdul05:

Re: Obi First Presidential Candidate To Visit Me – Jonathan by TheNiceGuy(m): 2:55pm On Dec 24, 2022
ilovenicloe:

All I see here is a wailing lunatic who will keep wailing after February 2023

1 Share

Re: Obi First Presidential Candidate To Visit Me – Jonathan by dominic17: 2:55pm On Dec 24, 2022
No his memory is still intact but he doesn't consider Tinubu to be presidential martial.Hence he said Obi is the first presidential candidate to visit him.
TheNiceGuy:
Is JEG now suffering from memory loss because Tinubu was the first. He was with him in bayelsa as a presidential candidate.

4 Likes

Re: Obi First Presidential Candidate To Visit Me – Jonathan by kimjongJezebel: 2:55pm On Dec 24, 2022
Nice speech by President Jonathan. May we have success at the end. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Obi First Presidential Candidate To Visit Me – Jonathan by ilovenicloe(f): 2:57pm On Dec 24, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
. ..

Bulaba??

1 Like

Re: Obi First Presidential Candidate To Visit Me – Jonathan by TheNiceGuy(m): 2:58pm On Dec 24, 2022
Okay. Failure attracts failure.

He's the first because he's failed before Election day like himself.

Understood
dominic17:
No his memory is still intact but he doesn't consider Tinubu to be presidential martial.Hence he said Obi is the first presidential candidate to visit him.
Re: Obi First Presidential Candidate To Visit Me – Jonathan by OnyeAshuaUru: 2:58pm On Dec 24, 2022
TheNiceGuy:

Tinubu is inconsequential in the grand scheme of things, reason why GEJ doesn't regard him as a Presidential candidate.
Peter Obi is the next President of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Obi First Presidential Candidate To Visit Me – Jonathan by TheNiceGuy(m): 3:02pm On Dec 24, 2022
Delusional grandeur

GEJ must have gotten drunk with his usual burukutu when he said that because it's aa slip of tongue.

OnyeAshuaUru:

Tinubu is inconsequential in the grand scheme of things, reason why GEJ doesn't regard him as a Presidential candidate.
Peter Obi is the next President of Nigeria
Re: Obi First Presidential Candidate To Visit Me – Jonathan by dominic17: 3:03pm On Dec 24, 2022
If you say GEJ failed what would say about Buhari and APC which Tinubu happened to be the party leader
TheNiceGuy:
Okay. Failure attracts failure.

He's the first because he's failed before Election day like himself.

Understood

2 Likes

Re: Obi First Presidential Candidate To Visit Me – Jonathan by OnyeAshuaUru: 3:08pm On Dec 24, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
Delusional grandeur

GEJ must have gotten drunk with his usual burukutu when he said that because it's aa slip of tongue.

Tinubu's situation must have become so pathetic that he now goes around visiting drunk people.

2 Likes

Re: Obi First Presidential Candidate To Visit Me – Jonathan by TheNiceGuy(m): 3:09pm On Dec 24, 2022
They succeeded.

Are you not enjoying?
dominic17:
If you say GEJ failed what would say about Buhari and APC which Tinubu happened to be the party leader
Re: Obi First Presidential Candidate To Visit Me – Jonathan by Wiseandtrue(f): 3:10pm On Dec 24, 2022
Ofunaofu:

While commending Obi for his cultured public utterances, the ex-president urged him to make a unity of Nigeria his priority if elected as president.
https://punchng.com/obi-first-presidential-candidate-to-visit-me-jonathan/
@ bolded is what we need right now

Buhari made a mess of the word unity!

Jonathan is only happy that he was not tied with the responsibility of changing diaper this time around grin grin

1 Like

Re: Obi First Presidential Candidate To Visit Me – Jonathan by dominic17: 3:11pm On Dec 24, 2022
May the same enjoyment APC brought upon this nation be upon you and your generation Can you say Amen to that.
TheNiceGuy:
They succeeded.

Are you not enjoying?
Re: Obi First Presidential Candidate To Visit Me – Jonathan by TheNiceGuy(m): 3:12pm On Dec 24, 2022
May your life and that of your generation be rule the way GEJ and Peter Obi ruled Nigeria and Anambra State respectively?

Can you say Amen to that?
dominic17:
May the same enjoyment APC brought upon this nation be upon you and your generation Can you say Amen to that.

(1) (2) (Reply)

JUST IN: Aerial View Of Ekiti State; Beautiful Mansions And Hill-tops / Obi Beats Atiku, Gets Over 4,000 Votes In Adamawa Ward / I’m Not In Haste To Rebuild Nigeria, I Will Take "Baby Steps" – President Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.