Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,822 members, 7,817,396 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

Why Do You Give A Damn About Libya Or Gaddafi? - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Why Do You Give A Damn About Libya Or Gaddafi? (1472 Views)

Ten Things You Didn’t Know About Libya Under Gaddafi’s So-called Dictatorship / What You Didn't Know About Libya / Facts About Libya (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do You Give A Damn About Libya Or Gaddafi? by nolongTing: 2:36pm On Sep 01, 2011
There are so many threads about Libya and Gaddafi that as a West African I had to ask: Why Do You Give A Damn About Libya Or Gaddafi?
Was 'Gaddafi' a good leader? IMHO he stayed on for too long however Gaddafi developed his country and he must be given credit for that.

Was 'Gaddafi' good for Africa as a whole? IMHO NO, He was a local champion and wanted to become the king of Africa – Nigeria was one of the main African countries that never took him or his ambition serious.  He pumped money into the AU as a way of buying influence – exactly the same way Europeans try to buy votes of poor countries in the UN.  He built mosques and anything Islamic in Africa to increase his appeal but never helped to build infrastructure or educational institutions.  Was it his job to do so? No, but he liked to portray himself as a pan-african, whilst describing us as BLACK.

Gadaffi allowed hundreds of thousands of “black” Africans to become Libyan citizens so they could take up cheap labour jobs.  Libyans were and are very xenophobic, Why?  In 2000,  I remember that Jerry Rawlings had to hire a 747 to take back home some of his Ghanaian countrymen who had been the victims of xenophobia, unlawful imprisonment and because of rat race conditions in that country, alleged racism in Libya.

Either way you look at it Gadaffi was an ARAB imperialist in disguise, who was not considered ARAB enough by ARABs so he thought he would try to RULE and DOMINATE subsaharan Africans instead.
Re: Why Do You Give A Damn About Libya Or Gaddafi? by BlackLibya: 2:10am On Sep 03, 2011
Because 1/3 of native libyans are BLACK!
Re: Why Do You Give A Damn About Libya Or Gaddafi? by velo10: 1:33pm On Sep 03, 2011
Cos Libya is in Africa and I am a proud African
Re: Why Do You Give A Damn About Libya Or Gaddafi? by Beaf: 6:24pm On Sep 03, 2011
Gaddafi has become the new front for al qaeda agents to infiltrate Africa.
Nobody else gives a phuck about Gaddafi.
Re: Why Do You Give A Damn About Libya Or Gaddafi? by nolongTing: 6:41pm On Sep 03, 2011
BlackLibya:

Because 1/3 of native libyans are BLACK!

that 1/3 has become 1% with the help of the NTC and Libyans who NEVER liked black people in the first place.
Re: Why Do You Give A Damn About Libya Or Gaddafi? by nolongTing: 6:45pm On Sep 03, 2011
velo10:

Cos Libya is in Africa and I am a proud African

Well Libyans do not think they are African and they have always been Xenophobic towards Black Africans.  ARABs are imperialists so their battle with fellow imperialists NATO is very nice to watch.  Libyans have been murdering Black Africans for decades so the Black people in Libya have themselves to blame they need to fight or get the hell out of the place.  lipsrsealed
Re: Why Do You Give A Damn About Libya Or Gaddafi? by dellnet: 6:52pm On Sep 03, 2011
Beaf:

How is this possible?
nolongTing:

Well Libyans do not think they are African and they have always been Xenophobic towards Black Africans.  ARABs are imperialists so their battle with fellow imperialists NATO is very nice to watch.  Libyans have been murdering Black Africans for decades so the Black people in Libya have themselves to blame they need to fight or get the hell out of the place.  lipsrsealed
I bet you an Arab man will accept you first before any race does. . .They never established their colonies in Africa through war or violence, they only fought within themselves to unite themselves. Check your history books.
Re: Why Do You Give A Damn About Libya Or Gaddafi? by nolongTing: 7:03pm On Sep 03, 2011
dell_net:

I bet you an Arab man will accept you first before any race does. . .

You must not mistake people for having the same level of LOW self esteem as you - I have never and will never offer myself for another race to ACCEPT  wink wink

dell_net:

They never established their colonies in Africa through war or violence,

They committed genocide with ISLAM and stole African land (North Africa) instead

dell_net:

they only fought within themselves to unite themselves. Check your history books.

practice the bolded part of your response - you need it badly.  wink
Re: Why Do You Give A Damn About Libya Or Gaddafi? by dellnet: 7:13pm On Sep 03, 2011
nolongTing:

You must not mistake people for having the same level of LOW self esteem as you - I have never and will never offer myself for another race to ACCEPT  wink wink

They committed genocide with ISLAM and stole African land (North Africa) instead

practice the bolded part of your response - you need it badly.  wink

Your first sentence sounds strange; If you have hopped from places to places, races to races, you will know what I mean. Genocide in Africa and north africa was inhabited by who? black africans? give me the name of any indigenous people that lived in north africa of today and were wiped out by arabs.
Re: Why Do You Give A Damn About Libya Or Gaddafi? by nolongTing: 7:32pm On Sep 03, 2011
dell_net:

Your first sentence sounds strange;

Yes its strange to some when they listen to an ultra-confident Black African.

dell_net:

If you have hopped from places to places, races to races, you will know what I mean.

I currently live in a city with over 200 different ethnic groups from all over the world, no need to hop around like a Kangaroo wink wink wink

dell_net:

Genocide in Africa and north africa was inhabited by who? black africans? give me the name of any indigenous people that lived in north africa of today and were wiped out by arabs.

The White people in North africa are not true arabs. true arabs are Black. For a better understanding visit savethetruearabs.com

The real arabs are still alive,and they a got a story to tell about what is an arab.You people need to understand that we are the original men and women,stop giving whites that attention,they are just children,you can't limit black history to Afrika.

A True Story

"I am Miskeen-for those who know me! My color is dark-the color of the Arabs!"

(words of Miskeen Al Darimi- 7th century AD.)

! انا مسكين لمن يعرفني- لوني السمرة- الوان العرب

(كلمات مسكين الدارمي- القرن السابع الميلادي)

What compelled the famous 7th century pure Arab poet Miskeen Al Darimi to say these words? Before I explain the story behind these words and their significance, I should give some background knowledge about Miskeen Al Darimi.

ماذا جعل مسكين الدارمي- الشاعرالعربي المحض المشهور من القرن السابع - يقول هذه الكلمات؟ قبل ان اشرح القصة وراء هذه الكلمات و اهمية الكلمات, ينبغي ان اعطي القراء قليل من المعلومات الخلفية عن مسكين الدارمي

Miskeen Al Darimi was from the famous pure Arab tribe of Darim. The tribe of Darim is a tribe descended from the well-known Adnani tribe of Tamim.

http://savethetruearabs.com/index.html
Re: Why Do You Give A Damn About Libya Or Gaddafi? by dellnet: 8:00pm On Sep 03, 2011
I understand the notion of man and "hu" man. I don't think Abraham, Ishmael are blacks however I will support my input with biblical history. If blacks are true men in order words if I can say, men of God, then what makes us inferior in social standings of today? lack of technological advancement and dwelling capability? Do you think the other race have their own God?
Re: Why Do You Give A Damn About Libya Or Gaddafi? by dellnet: 8:15pm On Sep 03, 2011
And also you should consider that slave trade of black africans did happen before 7th AD
Re: Why Do You Give A Damn About Libya Or Gaddafi? by nolongTing: 9:47pm On Sep 03, 2011
dell_net:

I understand the notion of man and "hu" man. I don't think Abraham, Ishmael are blacks however I will support my input with biblical history. If blacks are true men in order words if I can say, men of God, then what makes us inferior in social standings of today? lack of technological advancement and dwelling capability? Do you think the other race have their own God?

I simply don't give a damn about libyans and Gaddafi, I am more interested in Ifa than the Bible and finally I don't feel inferior because I have proved I am not - the wealth of a man is in his mind.
Re: Why Do You Give A Damn About Libya Or Gaddafi? by logic101: 11:29pm On Sep 03, 2011
"Cultural continuity is maintained by educating children in the ways of their culture. And they are educated in the ways of their culture to MAINTAIN their culture, to advance its interests, and ultimately to try to maintain its very survival. That is the fundamental reason people are educated. What does it matter if you learn physics and computer science and everything else and you cannot defend yourself against a military assault by Europeans or a germ warfare assault? A knowledge of computer science, a knowledge of law, a knowledge of all of these other things matters not at all if you are unable to use that knowledge for your self defense. If Bush decided to wipe the face of this earth clean of African people there's not an African nation that could defend us against these people. And as long as we are not educated to defend ourselves against these people then we are being incorrectly educated. Nothing else matters.

Ultimately then, intelligence must be defined in terms of the degree in which it solves YOUR PROBLEMS. The nature of education today prepares you to solve THEIR PROBLEMS and not your own. That's why you study THEIR books, you go to THEIR schools, you learn THEIR information, THEIR language, THEIR styles, THEIR perceptions, so when you come out of school you can do a humdinger of a job solving European's problems, but you can't solve your own. And then you DARE call yourself "intelligent?" C'mon. That's the height of stupidity." - Dr. Amos Wilson
Re: Why Do You Give A Damn About Libya Or Gaddafi? by Beaf: 4:23am On Sep 04, 2011
dell_net:

How is this possible?

Simple, you ship in anti-American sentiment on the back of a war that was the uprising of the Libyan people themselves. Then, as soon as anti-American views have the slightest foot in the door, a barrage of propaganda follows. . . Including extremist Islam.

Libya is not our business, let the Libyan people deal with their shiit and their viper of an ex-dictator.
Re: Why Do You Give A Damn About Libya Or Gaddafi? by velo10: 6:20am On Sep 04, 2011
Beaf:

Nobody else gives a phuck about Gaddafi.

Did you say Al-Qaeda? Guy, you simply twist facts to suit your theories. Ghadaffi has co-operated well with the West with respect to thwarting illegal immigration and terrorism.

http://rt.com/news/ibyan-intelligence-cia-relations/
Re: Why Do You Give A Damn About Libya Or Gaddafi? by Beaf: 11:49pm On Sep 04, 2011
velo10:

Did you say Al-Qaeda? Guy, you simply twist facts to suit your theories. Ghadaffi has co-operated well with the West with respect to thwarting illegal immigration and terrorism.

http://rt.com/news/ibyan-intelligence-cia-relations/

Who is talking about what Gaddafi did or didn't do?
Al qaeda rides on the back of anti-Western propaganda. Its simple really.
Re: Why Do You Give A Damn About Libya Or Gaddafi? by logic101: 3:05pm On Sep 05, 2011
Beaf:

Who is talking about what Gaddafi did or didn't do?
Al qaeda rides on the back of anti-Western propaganda. Its simple really.
food for thought ,
who created alqaeda and for what reason?
what has been alqaeda's achievements?
Re: Why Do You Give A Damn About Libya Or Gaddafi? by pleep(m): 4:35am On Sep 06, 2011
Good topic, talk some sense into these people.
dell_net:

And also you should consider that slave trade of black Africans did happen before 7th AD
whats wrong with you? The Arab slave trade didn't end until the 19th century. Some of the African cronies of the Arab slave trade continued it until the 21th. it was actually often European people that stopped the arabized/Africans from enslaving other Africans.
the white people then adopted a hidden form of slavery. . . but that's another story

Seriously i don't give a flying rats a[i]s[/i]s about Libya, Ive learned alot from it (neo-colonialism is real, no country is safe, international law is BS) but past all that stuff f[i]uc[/i]k em.
Re: Why Do You Give A Damn About Libya Or Gaddafi? by nolongTing: 9:12am On Sep 06, 2011
pleep:

Good topic, talk some sense into these people. whats wrong with you? The Arab slave trade didn't end until the 19th century. Some of the African cronies of the Arab slave trade continued it until the 21th. it was actually often European people that stopped the arabized/Africans from enslaving other Africans.
the white people then adopted a hidden form of slavery. . . but that's another story

Seriously i don't give a flying rats a[i]s[/i]s about Libya, Ive learned alot from it (neo-colonialism is real, no country is safe, international law is BS) but past all that stuff f[i]uc[/i]k em.

Exactly, lol!

He went up and down buying off as many kings as he could to become a god like figure. But when it came to Nigeria he hit a brick wall.  Out of frustration he said the country should be split along RELIGIOUS lines why? Because that way he could gain influence over the Islamic Nigerians and sponsor them against the Christian Nigerians – but karma is a S.O.B! Now his former backyard is being sliced up like cornbread.

He had the nerve to call himself the “King of Kings of Africa” what a fool! King of Kings without the Emir of Sokoto, the Ooni of Ife, the King of the Zulu nation just to name a few.  Did anyone tell him that not all Africans believe in kings ruling them like the Igbo people? How can a King be ignorant of his intended subjects?  grin grin grin If all Africans took Gaddaffi serious we would be suffering the same fate as his followers in Tripoli – destruction.

Libya is nearly TWICE the size of Nigeria with a population around half that of Lagos! The majority of them practice Islam and speak Arabic – he still could'nt develop the place.  They were subservient to him for 42 years and he still messed up.  Imagine if Fashola was ruling Libya for eight years? In less than 20% of the time gadaffi had he would turn the place into a dream land!

Gaddaffi got power drunk and took his eye off the ball and NATO finished him off.
Re: Why Do You Give A Damn About Libya Or Gaddafi? by velo10: 10:34am On Sep 06, 2011
Actually I don't give much a shit about Libya, a land where you have murderous white arabs and violent people. Who I cared about what theri great leader who worked alot in Africa's interest especially in the fight against aparthed in South Africa. He was setting up a successful nation that defies alot of western ideas. After now, I doubt if I'll give a shit about a shitty ungrateful black-killing mongrels
Re: Why Do You Give A Damn About Libya Or Gaddafi? by nolongTing: 1:04pm On Sep 06, 2011
9.14am: Moussa Ibrahim, Muammar Gaddafi's spokesman who is said to be holed up Bani Walid, claims the fugitive Libyan leader is ready to fight back.

Gaddafi is "in excellent health, planning and organising for the defence of Libya," he told the pro-Gaddafi Syrian TV station al-Rai, according to AP.

"We are fighting and resisting for the sake of Libya and [size=18pt]all Arabs[/size]," Ibrahim said. "We are still strong and capable of turning the tables on Nato," he added.

source: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/middle-east-live/2011/sep/06/libya-gaddafi-convoy-spotted-in-niger?CMP=NECNETTXT8187
Re: Why Do You Give A Damn About Libya Or Gaddafi? by velo10: 4:25pm On Sep 06, 2011
nolongTing:

9.14am: Moussa Ibrahim, Muammar Gaddafi's spokesman who is said to be holed up Bani Walid, claims the fugitive Libyan leader is ready to fight back.

Gaddafi is "in excellent health, planning and organising for the defence of Libya," he told the pro-Gaddafi Syrian TV station al-Rai, according to AP.

"We are fighting and resisting for the sake of Libya and [size=18pt]all Arabs[/size]," Ibrahim said. "We are still strong and capable of turning the tables on Nato," he added.

source: http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/middle-east-live/2011/sep/06/libya-gaddafi-convoy-spotted-in-niger?CMP=NECNETTXT8187

While you're talking its like Ghaddafi's on the run to exile.
http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/africa/09/06/libya.war/index.html
Re: Why Do You Give A Damn About Libya Or Gaddafi? by nolongTing: 9:23pm On Sep 06, 2011
velo10:

While you're talking its like Ghaddafi's on the run to exile.
http://edition.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/africa/09/06/libya.war/index.html

False alarm, what country will take him? Taking in Gaddaffi is an invitation to get bombed back to stone age by NATO grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do You Give A Damn About Libya Or Gaddafi? by velo10: 8:34am On Sep 07, 2011
nolongTing:

False alarm, what country will take him? Taking in Gaddaffi is an invitation to get bombed back to stone age by NATO grin grin grin grin

Nah. NATO wants Ghadaffi out so he cant dictate Libya's oil no more. They wont bomb any country that accepts Ghadaffi. They can only pressurize

(1) (Reply)

Why Palestinians Want This Video Removed,truth Must Be Told........... / Donald Trump's Nude Pics Released On The Internet / Heavy Protest All Around Iran Against Isalamic Rule.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.