Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,487 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Why It Is Political Genius For Wike To Support Obi And Disaster For Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why It Is Political Genius For Wike To Support Obi And Disaster For Tinubu (1144 Views)

2023: Lady Dumps Her Boyfriend For Not Getting His PVC To Support Obi (Pix) / We Want Peter Obi – Youths Hit Streets Of Abuja, Ibadan To Support Obi (Video) / Oyigbo Massacre: I Withdraw My Support For Wike - Asiegbu Nnaji, PDP Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why It Is Political Genius For Wike To Support Obi And Disaster For Tinubu by AlexBells(m): 11:48am On Dec 26, 2022
Politics is a big Chess game, Wike is playing his last cards and taking his time not to make huge political mistake. He’s being smart about his decisions. I’m not going to judge Wike’s decision from my perspective as an Obidient, I’m judging as purely political calculations.

Let’s assume that the gap between Atiku and Wike goes beyond salvage these are things that would impact Wike’s decision. Apart from the Muslim, Muslim issue, Tinubu is a big threat to Wike while Obi would make Wike more powerful.

First I have to admit that Tinubu has reached a political demigod status that have created a complex around him that whatever he is, whatever he will become is as a result of his own political ingenuity and strategy, no doubt Tinubu is a great politician but he can’t do all by himself and everyone who has played at the National stage knows that the game is different, however Wike would be grossly under appreciated working for Tinubu who is engrossed in his own infallibility.

Wike wants to inherit PDP should Atiku fail, The APC winning will nail the Coffin of the PDP while the Labour Party winning would amplify the role of the PDP , the PDP may spring a surprising majority in the lower and upper house because of the many northerners that would be returning as a result of the Atiku influence, having a Governor in Rivers, senators and with great influence in different states would put Wike at very serious advantage, the primary logic here is that APC is a big threat to the PDP that Wike intends to inherit after potentially putting Atiku and by Extent Northerners in their place, Wike is a statement here.

Wike working for Tinubu is going to be a political own goal, even if Wike empty River’s state treasury or die to support Tinubu, he will just be just another lamb, Tinubu was quite influential in Buhari’s emergence perhaps safe to say he made Buhari President, those are nearly his own words, do you think someone who have installed a president would believe anyone made him? These are questions that Wike would have to answer before working for Tinubu.

Then the unpopularity of Tinubu in Wike’s domain, Obi has struck some unofficial deal, Wike has candidates which would still be frustrated by APC while being assured of no opposition by Labour Party, the Obidient voting block would be inherited by Wike’s governor candidates and other candidates.

Even with these factors that I have mentioned, Politics is a crazy game and interest is everything, also it would seem more anti Atiku to work for Tinubu or even purely anti-party, Obi just left PDP for a perceived injustice which I believe, Wike understand better now, Tinubu has never been in PDP, I believe Wike’s decision would be in his best of interest but if I were in his shoes, I would easily pick working with Obi or staying out completely.

Also people may think that the polls conducted by ANAP and others are not a deciding factor in who will win, however Wike would also be perceiving a potential court case in case there’s a shady deal, Wike is a lawyer who loves going to court, most pointers now points to Obi win, it is a soft landing for Wike but if he makes a crazy Option then it could be a make or break situation, could he also support Kwankwaso, well that would make him not be true to his words as according to him it is the turn of the South, Fingers crossed...

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why It Is Political Genius For Wike To Support Obi And Disaster For Tinubu by JOemmy(m): 12:27pm On Dec 26, 2022
How can wike be campaigning for tinibu's apc when he also has his own pdp candidates at all levels? That's suicidal it doesn't makes any sense. It was easy for him in the last election because the courts stopped all apc candidates in rivers from contesting but it won't be easy for him this time around he will only succeed in demoralizing his pdp supporters and confusing rivers voters if he goes ahead to campaign for the apc.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why It Is Political Genius For Wike To Support Obi And Disaster For Tinubu by AlexBells(m): 12:32pm On Dec 26, 2022
JOemmy:
How can wike be campaigning for tinibu's apc when he also has his own pdp candidates at all levels? That's suicidal it doesn't makes any sense. It was easy for him in the last election because the courts stopped all apc candidates in rivers but it won't be easy for him this time around he will only succeed in demoralizing his pdp supporters and confusing rivers voters if he goes ahead to campaign for the apc.
You know anything can happen in politics but it is better for Wike to keep dribbling everyone than support Tinubu, supporting Tinubu also has the capacity of triggering political unrest, for once Obidient is a more neutral faction, Atiku and Tinubu turning Rivers into a battleground which is what will happen if he goes to work for APC plus, stalwarts like Amechi, who have been silent in campaigning for Tinubu, I don’t think all the calamity that may arise in his working for Tinubu is worth, but you know politics is like wrestling, sometimes you see the Wrestler stupidly climbing to jump to the opponents knee lol

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Why It Is Political Genius For Wike To Support Obi And Disaster For Tinubu by ImmaculateJOE(m): 1:27pm On Dec 26, 2022
With or without Wike, Peter Obi will win Rivers state.. The victory will be more huge if Wike supports him.

I can my life savings on Obi wining Rivers state.
Re: Why It Is Political Genius For Wike To Support Obi And Disaster For Tinubu by AlexBells(m): 1:35pm On Dec 26, 2022
ImmaculateJOE:
With or without Wike, Peter Obi will win Rivers state.. The victory will be more huge if Wike supports him.

I can my life savings on Obi wining Rivers state.
I have no doubt that Obi will win Rivers with or Without Wike but the long run, Perhaps Obi wins, if Wike worked for Tinubu which is clear opposition, how tough would the House be with APC/PDP majority/minority scenario, If Wike worked for Tinubu it will impaired PDP, we all may agree that in the case of potential labour party win at the presidency, a great relationships with a faction like Wike's which would seize PDP after Atiku would be vital for our democracy, Rivers is Obi but Wike would still be crucial on and after election

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It Is Political Genius For Wike To Support Obi And Disaster For Tinubu by Cyberterror: 1:39pm On Dec 26, 2022
Like every wise politician, Nyesom Wike is planning for his political future and having burned all bridges not just with Atiku but key PDP stakeholders in Rivers state, he has to secure his future. He knows that Peter Obi has no chance of winning and Obi is also close to Atiku which will make him vulnerable so Jagaban Tinubu is his only way to be safe. The governorship in Rivers state is more important to him than National assembly seats so he may be willing to forgo that especially as Tinubu has very long legs at the supreme court to save his blushes since his beloved Mary Odili is no longer there to save him.

2 Likes

Re: Why It Is Political Genius For Wike To Support Obi And Disaster For Tinubu by AlexBells(m): 1:53pm On Dec 26, 2022
Cyberterror:
Like every wise politician, Nyesom Wike is planning for his political future and having burned all bridges not just with Atiku but key PDP stakeholders in Rivers state, he has to secure his future. He knows that Peter Obi has no chance of winning and Obi is also close to Atiku which will make him vulnerable so Jagaban Tinubu is his only way to be safe. The governorship in Rivers state is more important to him than National assembly seats so he may be willing to forgo that especially as Tinubu has very long legs at the supreme court to save his blushes since his beloved Mary Odili is no longer there to save him.
So in essence you are saying that working with Tinubu would guarantee him a win of the governorship, so what happens to the APC candidates won't that demoralised them, would they also sacrifice their ambitions for Tinubu or they would just be swept under the bus for Tinubu, what influence does Tinubu have in Rivers to ensure that he can help Wikes candidate win, what does Wike stand to gain working for Tinubu, for a start Wikes candidate winning is near certain but if he worked for APC he would be destroying PDP which he seem to treasure, the question is would he wish to destroy PDP or inherit it, working for Tinubu certainly is not an option if I were in his shoes
Re: Why It Is Political Genius For Wike To Support Obi And Disaster For Tinubu by Workch: 1:56pm On Dec 26, 2022
AlexBells:

I have no doubt that Obi will win Rivers with or Without Wike but the long run, Perhaps Obi wins, if Wike worked for Tinubu which is clear opposition, how tough would the House be with APC/PDP majority/minority scenario, If Wike worked for Tinubu it will impaired PDP, we all may agree that in the case of potential labour party win at the presidency, a great relationships with a faction like Wike's which would seize PDP after Atiku would be vital for our democracy, Rivers is Obi but Wike would still be crucial on and after election
you are on point.
Obi winning Rivers state is not the issue, the issue is making a strong political alliance that can be reckoned with. Obi has the support of the people, he's really not a poltical heavyweight yet, an alliance between Wike and Obi right now and later will confront any poltical setting in Nigeria.
Wike has a lot to gain if he forms alliance with Obi. This gains may not be immediate but on a long run, he will be huge for him
Re: Why It Is Political Genius For Wike To Support Obi And Disaster For Tinubu by Workch: 2:00pm On Dec 26, 2022
Cyberterror:
I don't see how an alliance with Tinubu will be of any benefit to Wike.
Wike is not a politician that plays second fiddle.
Wike will prefer to form a strong regional force comprising of politicians from southeast and southsouth, instead of playing second fiddle in APC.
On a long run, he will benefit more from the former by making a strong impression at the national level.

If I am Wike, I am never going to join Tinubu. I will rather become a king maker by thriughung my weight behind Obi.
Re: Why It Is Political Genius For Wike To Support Obi And Disaster For Tinubu by Workch: 2:04pm On Dec 26, 2022
Cyberterror:
If Wike manages to organize potlicians in southsouth and southeast and lead them, Even Tinubu won't be stronger than him.
So why leave that opportunity to become subservient to Tinubu?
Re: Why It Is Political Genius For Wike To Support Obi And Disaster For Tinubu by GeneralPula: 2:04pm On Dec 26, 2022
Lol..

But according to Pandora rodents, Wike has only one votes..

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Political Genius For Wike To Support Obi And Disaster For Tinubu by ovieigho(m): 2:08pm On Dec 26, 2022
AlexBells:
Politics is a big Chess game, Wike is playing his last cards and taking his time not to make huge political mistake. He’s being smart about his decisions. I’m not going to judge Wike’s decision from my perspective as an Obidient, I’m judging as purely political calculations.

Let’s assume that the gap between Atiku and Wike goes beyond salvage these are things that would impact Wike’s decision. Apart from the Muslim, Muslim issue, Tinubu is a big threat to Wike while Obi would make Wike more powerful.

First I have to admit that Tinubu has reached a political demigod status that have created a complex around him that whatever he is, whatever he will become is as a result of his own political ingenuity and strategy, no doubt Tinubu is a great politician but he can’t do all by himself and everyone who has played at the National stage knows that the game is different, however Wike would be grossly under appreciated working for Tinubu who is engrossed in his own infallibility.

Wike wants to inherit PDP should Atiku fail, The APC winning will nail the Coffin of the PDP while the Labour Party winning would amplify the role of the PDP , the PDP may spring a surprising majority in the lower and upper house because of the many northerners that would be returning as a result of the Atiku influence, having a Governor in Rivers, senators and with great influence in different states would put Wike at very serious advantage, the primary logic here is that APC is a big threat to the PDP that Wike intends to inherit after potentially putting Atiku and by Extent Northerners in their place, Wike is a statement here.

Wike working for Tinubu is going to be a political own goal, even if Wike empty River’s state treasury or die to support Tinubu, he will just be just another lamb, Tinubu was quite influential in Buhari’s emergence perhaps safe to say he made Buhari President, those are nearly his own words, do you think someone who have installed a president would believe anyone made him? These are questions that Wike would have to answer before working for Tinubu.

Then the unpopularity of Tinubu in Wike’s domain, Obi has struck some unofficial deal, Wike has candidates which would still be frustrated by APC while being assured of no opposition by Labour Party, the Obidient voting block would be inherited by Wike’s governor candidates and other candidates.

Even with these factors that I have mentioned, Politics is a crazy game and interest is everything, also it would seem more anti Atiku to work for Tinubu or even purely anti-party, Obi just left PDP for a perceived injustice which I believe, Wike understand better now, Tinubu has never been in PDP, I believe Wike’s decision would be in his best of interest but if I were in his shoes, I would easily pick working with Obi or staying out completely.

Also people may think that the polls conducted by ANAP and others are not a deciding factor in who will win, however Wike would also be perceiving a potential court case in case there’s a shady deal, Wike is a lawyer who loves going to court, most pointers now points to Obi win, it is a soft landing for Wike but if he makes a crazy Option then it could be a make or break situation, could he also support Kwankwaso, well that would make him not be true to his words as according to him it is the turn of the South, Fingers crossed...

Wike needs to read this …
Even Seyi makinde the only G-5 governor seeking re-election is playing an own-goal trying to romance Tinubu with APC having a strong Gubernatorial candidate in his state
Re: Why It Is Political Genius For Wike To Support Obi And Disaster For Tinubu by AlexBells(m): 2:09pm On Dec 26, 2022
GeneralPula:
Lol..

But according to Pandora rodents, Wike has only one votes..
Nobody is talking in terms of vote rather Alliance, ofcourse Wike has only one vote, the post is even more interested in Wike's future than his impact
Re: Why It Is Political Genius For Wike To Support Obi And Disaster For Tinubu by Dapson73(m): 2:19pm On Dec 26, 2022
What a watery analysis.

Labour party will be a liability to Wike for resources.

Wike needs to be connected to the center (Aso Villa) and he knows already Asiwaju will never fail.

Wike will not be emotional and sentimental like the OP, so he will make his decision wisely and pitch his tents with Asiwaju.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Political Genius For Wike To Support Obi And Disaster For Tinubu by yemex04(m): 2:19pm On Dec 26, 2022
AlexBells:

This is a fair Article but I would like to say that Wike's support or otherwise of Tinubu will have little or no significance on the number vote He gets from Rivers at the polls.. Rivers people rarely vote APC.. Again, Wike supporting Peter Obi will still not guarantee him victory at the polls ..The smartest decision for Wike in my opinion is to stay neutral & not publicly be on anyone's side since regardless of his endorsement or lack of it, PO will still have a significant edge over Tinubu in Rivers State.

I would like to say the odds still favour Tinubu irrespective of who wins Rivers State.

1 Like

Re: Why It Is Political Genius For Wike To Support Obi And Disaster For Tinubu by AlexBells(m): 2:37pm On Dec 26, 2022
yemex04:

This is a fair Article but I would like to say that Wike's support or otherwise of Tinubu will have little or no significance on the number vote He gets from Rivers at the polls.. Rivers people rarely vote APC.. Again, Wike supporting Peter Obi will still not guarantee him victory at the polls ..The smartest decision for Wike in my opinion is to stay neutral & not publicly be on anyone's side since regardless of his endorsement or lack of it, PO will still have a significant edge over Tinubu in Rivers State.

I would like to say the odds still favour Tinubu irrespective of who wins Rivers State.
When we think about the general odds, unless you talk about being from a ruling party, the odds are too close to call, and the quick coalition is another scenario, in a neutral ground, Atiku seems more likely than Tinubu to get the required Yardstick for declaring an election, however the emergence of Obi changed the dynamic, a block vote from south east and a win in rhe south south is guarantee for Obi then Middle belt is a Middle ground, The North is a battle ground but it is still too close to call but if everything continues the war it is going, certainly let's not speculate
Re: Why It Is Political Genius For Wike To Support Obi And Disaster For Tinubu by princeemma69: 3:12pm On Dec 26, 2022
I supported everything you wrote apart from Wike inheriting the PDP structure from Atiku. As long as Ayu remains as Chairman, whether Atiku win or lose, wike can't be given PDP structure again.
Re: Why It Is Political Genius For Wike To Support Obi And Disaster For Tinubu by AlexBells(m): 3:42pm On Dec 26, 2022
princeemma69:
I supported everything you wrote apart from Wike inheriting the PDP structure from Atiku. As long as Ayu remains as Chairman, whether Atiku win or lose, wike can't be given PDP structure again.
Perhaps Atiku lose, who would challenge Wike if he becomes the ultimate Godfather of Rivers politics, as far as money politics is concerned, no one challenges Wike in PDP when Atiku would no longer be in the picture.

Remember that when PDP was deserted after Buhari win, it was Wike and Ekweremmadu that saved PDP from imminent collapse
Re: Why It Is Political Genius For Wike To Support Obi And Disaster For Tinubu by nairanaira12: 1:27pm On Mar 05, 2023
AlexBells:
d...

Thr only thing we should study about tinubu is "how to rig presidential election like a fool"

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Lagosians Defend Yourself Tomorrow / I Respect Prof Wole Soyinka But I Don't Agree With Him. Chimamanda Says. Video / Will Tinubu's Swearing In Ceremony On May 29th Still Hold?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.