Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,248 members, 7,815,364 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

Wenger Changes Arsenal Transfer Policy - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Wenger Changes Arsenal Transfer Policy (7196 Views)

Nwakali And Chukwueze With Arsene Wenger & Nwankwo (Photos) / Latest Arsenal Transfer News / Arsenal Transfer Gists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wenger Changes Arsenal Transfer Policy by wazobiang: 7:03pm On Sep 03, 2011
he'd better be on point, on time, this time.
Re: Wenger Changes Arsenal Transfer Policy by MeGaStReEt: 8:39pm On Sep 03, 2011
dem dey tell person first
Re: Wenger Changes Arsenal Transfer Policy by Skii(m): 11:53pm On Sep 03, 2011
Only if GEJ would learn from Wenger
Re: Wenger Changes Arsenal Transfer Policy by Relax101(m): 4:55am On Sep 04, 2011
Wenger's youth policy is good but he failed in terms of continuity in blending youth and old/experience.
But na him concern be that.
Re: Wenger Changes Arsenal Transfer Policy by yoji: 9:02am On Sep 04, 2011
for all u arsenal followers, everything dat happened was wenger's fault. let me break it down for u:
1-he knew cesc was finally going to leave this season cos his was a sensational story of an adopted kid who grew and started asking for his father who was very wealthy. wenger knew since last season he wud leave and instead of gettin d deal done early, he was fooling himself givin statements like arsenal dont sell their best players cos it means their a small club.

2-as for nasri, d dude had one yr left on his contract so its either u offered him d deal he wants, or sell him early to avoid seein him walk out for free, but d man was still dilly dallyin and foolin himself dat d club wont sell and ended up sellin late wit little time for quality replacement

3-now if he did not make the above mentioned mistakes, he wud have bought mata @ a reasonable price, but he just fooled around until  a clause in d boy's contract was activated and his fee rose. even @ dat chelsea still bought him and d rest is history

4-now d excuse of age dosent work any more cos man u trashed his team with a younger team!! they were simply not good enuff . pele once said if u are good enuff, then ur young enuff

5-and pls forget injuries cos man u had vidic and ferdinand out as well and dats y its a squad game of 25players. is he saying he didnt hear d alarm bells during pre-season??

6- in football, u build from d back, so wen wenger inherited a world class defence line of adams, steve bould, seaman, keown, dixon, and winterburn, he built his success on them without valuing the importance of a superb defence since he didnt suffer to build them. and dats y d trial and error he keeps doin wit his defence keeps backfiring and wreckin his whole team. can u imagine dat after selling clichy who's a french international and a good left back, he nw xpected young gibbs to play left back tru out d whole season!! its crazy!

7-forget d prudence thing. d money is not his own and if he gets sacked for spending thier mony against their wishes, there are plenty teams dat will hire him. being a manger, ur reputation comes first. its now startin to look as if he over achieved as a manager

8-painfully, it took a fierce rival to make him see all this
Re: Wenger Changes Arsenal Transfer Policy by baslone: 10:12am On Sep 04, 2011
yoji:

for all u arsenal followers, everything dat happened was wenger's fault. let me break it down for u:
1-he knew cesc was finally going to leave this season cos his was a sensational story of an adopted kid who grew and started asking for his father who was very wealthy. wenger knew since last season he wud leave and instead of gettin d deal done early, he was fooling himself givin statements like arsenal dont sell their best players cos it means their a small club.

So he should have sold him for Barca's "early" 27mill? Why didn't Chelsea bring out Modric's 40mill early in the season?

It's business where nobody wants to lose!

He could have sold him earlier if he insisted selling him in the open market to the
highest bidder. On Fab's issue, he carries no blame at all!

Trust me, Man City or Real Madrid will roll out real bucks and not the peanuts Barca paid!
Re: Wenger Changes Arsenal Transfer Policy by yoji: 10:43am On Sep 04, 2011
@ baslone
fair point, but only if u r telling me he needed money from d sale of cesc to buy arteta which is not true cos his chairman kept sayin all along dat d club had money to spend.
whether he went early or late, d point is was gonna go so y not get his replacement even while he was still @ d club while still holdin out for d best price possible as he did.
city for example cudnt sell tevez dis window cos they were holding out for a good offer but still brought in aguero early cos they knew he was gonna leave either way.
Re: Wenger Changes Arsenal Transfer Policy by baslone: 11:57am On Sep 04, 2011
I agree with your point anyway! Arsene spent more energy trying to release those boys than hustling for new ones!
Re: Wenger Changes Arsenal Transfer Policy by Konjour(m): 12:59pm On Sep 04, 2011
[b]That's what happens when you are too convinced you're the most intelligent amongst your peers.

I had really wished he wouldn't get anybody before the window shuts so he could give his funny excuses all through this season;

"we lacked the energy in the final third today", "the players looked tired perhaps due to international commitment", "we came up against

a better team", "the referee made some questionable decisions" grin grin grin

And using a scattergun approach,he managed to buy 3 and loan 1 player whose average age should be about 28-29 years,one is very tall

but just as fast as a rabbit,one has failed to hold down a spot in the Brazilian national team since the Confederations cup in 2009,one is the

captain of the Israeli national team but he's so injury-ridden he can't even get a pay-as-you-go deal at Chelsea and had to be loaned out ASAP,

one is a very good player when fully fit,but his fitness levels recently has been worse than Louis Saha's was at United.

Oh,and Park Chu Young is gonna go back home finally for military service in 2013 undecided

Want to believe these guys were bought to shore up the cracks until Arsene would identify the latest reject from La Masia or the next

14 year old french wonderkid who would be lamely labelled the next "Zizou" and then the story we've so many times would start playing

itself out all over again. That man's ideas is just pre-Abrahamovich and pre-Sheikh Mansour and co,as long the likes of Man city,Chelsea.etc

keep having sugar daddies and Wenger is at the helm of Arsenal's affairs,i'm afraid getting into the Top 5 or 4 would be Arsenal's top priority

and winning trophies,Afterall Wenger himself said it last season after his capitulation. Newaiz,One United! cool[/b]
Re: Wenger Changes Arsenal Transfer Policy by baslone: 10:02am On Sep 05, 2011
@yoji, He's prone to mistakes due to believe in his system but I still insist he's not the only one to blame! Came across this-

The Spanish press often accused Wenger of almost abducting Fabregas from the Barcelona academy - but he insists that is totally the wrong idea.

"That is the wrong picture of him, had it not been for him, I would not now be a Barca player," he told El Pais.

"Without him I would not have made my debut by 16, played in the final of the Champions League at 18 and been team captain by 20.

"Without him I would not be a Barca player now, [b]he convinced the owners of Arsenal, who would not sell under any circumstances, [/b]to lower the price."
Re: Wenger Changes Arsenal Transfer Policy by yoji: 8:49pm On Sep 05, 2011
@ baslone
Let me break it down for u further. In certain areas, u hv pple living in uncompleted buildings. They know its just of time b4 d owners come to eject them, and yet some of them go as far as putting windows, tiles and even painting it. All is is dat so dat while they stay there, they enjoy their stay untill d owners come. This was further butressed by fergie when he finally released ronaldo. He said players from iberia(spain and portugal) and overseas don't usually stay outside their homezones forever and go back rather quickly and dat he was lucky to have had him as a player for dat long. So all dat talk from cesc hailing wenger for his impact in his life is true, he was also being mature and diplomatic cos his relationship with arsenal was vice versa cos while arsenal nutured him, he also served them dishin out countless memorable games which entertained them all d way from highbury to emirates so he also played his part. So unlike fergie who know when to act and avoid too much drama, wenger once again went aloof
Re: Wenger Changes Arsenal Transfer Policy by 1025: 11:56pm On Sep 09, 2011
When something fails as wise man you change he has also seen that experience is crucial but when it is too late now seven years i mean complete full years without any thing too show the public. Thanks to Man U humiliation because it opened the long closed eyes of Wenger.

@nsodo,
are you the same nsodo that said wenger is the best coach in the world because he is tapping talents? please talk fast before i call u a hypocrite.

@topic,
wenger na yeye man. he thinks he can eat his bread and still have it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Manchester United V Chelsea On Sunday 8th May 2011 / Everton Vs Liverpool 2 - 2 On 28th october 2012 / 15 Things You Didn’t Know About Lionel Messi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.