Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,873 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered (54309 Views)

Photo Of ASP Ayuba Who Shot Bolanle Raheem Dead / Bolanle Raheem: Policeman Arrested For Shooting Female Lawyer Dead In Lagos / Lawyer, Bolanle Raheem, Shot Dead By Police In Lagos On Christmas Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by Fira09(m): 11:50am On Dec 27, 2022
Gbenga Raheem, the husband of a female lawyer, Omobolanle, who was shot dead by an Assistant Superintendent of Police, Drambi Vandi, in the Ajah area of Lagos state on Christmas day, December 25, has given a chilling account of how his seven-months pregnant wife was murdered.

LIB had earlier reported that Bolanle had just left an eatery and was driving with some of her family members including her daughter when the police officer fired at her car, killing her on the spot.

Narrating the ugly incident the victim’s husband, Gbenga, said;

“On December 25, my wife, nieces, nephews, and cousins, who had come for the holiday, all went to church. On our way back, my wife said since it was Christmas Day, we should take everyone out, so, we went to a supermarket at Abraham Adesanya, then to Domino’s Pizza.

After that, we headed towards Ajah to do a U-turn to come back to Abraham Adesanya. When we took the U-turn, we saw policemen stopping some vehicles. As we approached them, they said we should stop, and in the process, we heard a loud sound on my wife’s side window. All of a sudden, I saw blood gushing out of her chest.

I immediately ran out; my sister-in-law, who was also with us, ran out and held the policeman; he cocked his gun at her too. Talking to him was pointless, so I went to see if anything could be done; I saw my wife gasping for breath, and by that time, my sister-in-law had brought the policeman into the car and pushed him into the front seat.

We drove to a hospital but they said they couldn’t handle it. We eventually took her to Grandville Hospital, where she was confirmed dead. The policemen took her body and put it in the truck; they wanted me to follow them but I said I needed to go and settle my children.”he said

The erring officer, identified as Drambi Vandi, attached to the Ajiwe Police Station, Ajah, Lagos State, is said to have spent 33 years in the police force. He and two other officers have been arrested and detained over the killing.

SOURCE

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by othermen: 12:01pm On Dec 27, 2022
Just crazy.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by obyrich(m): 12:05pm On Dec 27, 2022
33 years of service. Probably have 2 more years or less to retire. Now will end his career in shame and regret.

319 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by Jennyclay(f): 12:06pm On Dec 27, 2022
Nigerian policemen are animalistic in nature.

The police man should also be sentenced to death by shooting. Heartless and wicked beast everywhere!

Rip to the departed soul.

194 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by eyenogoquiet(m): 12:07pm On Dec 27, 2022
embarassed cry
Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by olasaad(f): 12:21pm On Dec 27, 2022
obyrich:
33 years of service. Probably have 2 more years or less to retire. Now will end his career in shame and regret.

Do you think this is his first time killing innocent people cheesy God really wants to expose him before he retired. Evil man.

351 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by verybadmouth(m): 12:48pm On Dec 27, 2022
That officer should be killed

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by Juio879: 12:48pm On Dec 27, 2022
This is a very gruesome murder

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by leisuretym: 12:49pm On Dec 27, 2022
Too bad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by SultanOfPuna: 12:49pm On Dec 27, 2022
THE only way police reform will happen is if Police continue killing more women.

Trust me, Police reform will happen

I'm glad the victim was a woman
If it were a man, we wouldn't get such national condemnation. It will be forgotten.

If Police should kill more women,
Their will be heavy protest all over nigeria
Because society cares for women more than men.
See how IGP reacted quickly because it was a woman.
Society will only take action if it affects women.

I'm sorry for her loss
But I'm glad the victim is a woman.
This will draw more attention
Now everybody is focused on ending and reforming police because a woman was killed

It's a bitter sweet feeling

102 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by WibusJaga: 12:49pm On Dec 27, 2022

When we took the U-turn, we saw policemen stopping some vehicles. As we approached them, they said we should stop, and in the process, we heard a loud sound on my wife’s side window. All of a sudden, I saw blood gushing out of her chest.

Reason I generally regard every armed policeman at checkpoints as potential madman ready to shoot at slightest provocation, &I take necessary precautionary measures to avoid stories that touch.

62 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by ZombieTERROR: 12:50pm On Dec 27, 2022
undecided

Those who politicized End Sars

will lead the campaign to End police one day

it's Karma... no one can escape it..

this case is trending probably because the victim is a lawyer... believe me two weeks ago in that same Ajah axis, a police man shot a Keke driver dead, and nothing happened..

Police men kill more Nigerians than armed robbers do... ( I'm not talking herdsmen or southern Kaduna ish... most places in Nigeria are at war without knowing)..

84 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by kereman1: 12:50pm On Dec 27, 2022
Thank God the happy trigger police officer have been arrested,
Justice for Raheem

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by BIGTinfotech: 12:51pm On Dec 27, 2022
This is very sad. Now tell me what was the point cocking a gun, let alone shooting in the circumstances.
This gets to show the state of the country. When we say citizens' lives are not safe anymore, this is exactly what we mean.

And some people are still thinking of putting the same set of persons who brought us to this juncture into power. This is like a case of a woman who's undergoing domestic violence and her life is threatened every day and yet claims to still love her husband and that someday he would change.

I really do feel for the young man that has become a widower, not because the wife was sick. Quite pathetic.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by FunkeAyorinde: 12:51pm On Dec 27, 2022
Justice is all we need

1 Like

Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by VIPAFRICAN(m): 12:51pm On Dec 27, 2022
K

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by LegacyB: 12:52pm On Dec 27, 2022
Imagine the Police man has already spent 33 years in service. What a very backward organization.

5 Likes

Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by Centcanada: 12:52pm On Dec 27, 2022
Am so speechless. Had it been someone will be privileged to kill that beast back or make him pay for this crime till he is confirm dead. Wicked ugly ape!

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by Simeonjoe1: 12:53pm On Dec 27, 2022
G

Crazy world we are living in. Like he had no incentive to shoot, they are not driving against traffic neither are they evading an arrest.

Just say stop then the next is to release hot lead. Maybe it's an accidental discharge.

It's high time the government start phasing out high velocity assault rifle! How will a police be using AK and same army fighting Bokoharam is also using the same gun. Common give them pistol and other lower velocity weapons, AK is not for everyone, as even an accidental shot to even the leg can result to death.

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by 3seriez(m): 12:53pm On Dec 27, 2022
Krazy. May we not be at the wrong place , at the wrong time.
Nothing is certain.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by arilewo(m): 12:53pm On Dec 27, 2022
A zoo indeed, you have a gun and all you just do is to shoot people at will. Stupid uniform men all over the place.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by Nobody: 12:53pm On Dec 27, 2022
If we start another end police brutality
All this apc miserable urchins and peasants will start saying why are we protesting and destroying govt properties

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by Eriokanmi: 12:53pm On Dec 27, 2022
I hate these people.

My hatred for police and their relatives started the day they killed an American returnee decades ago at a Mafoluku police station, oshodi. This man arrived in the country late and felt he should spend the night at the nearest police station cos of the cash he was carrying. He informed the driver to leave for their house and inform them he couldn't make it home for safety concerns. To him, police station was the safest...as it was overseas.

They killed this innocent man in the night and dragged his lifeless body to the next street and tagged him an armed robber. They didn't know the driver would come back the following day to pick him up as previously agreed. The driver saw his body and made a you turn without getting to the station to inform his family. His brother was a retired army officer. On hearing the news, he carried his gun and headed for the station. On getting there he fired all of them on duty without asking questions. He searched their pocket and met dollars there. Some of them who did night had gone home already. Only the few remaining got killed by the officer. The station was shut for years.

Any police officer or their relatives reading this must know that, Karma will come calling on them someday, no matter how far, except they aren't living on the proceeds of their evildoing

99 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by lukency(m): 12:53pm On Dec 27, 2022
The policeman and his family will never know peace.May sorrow and sadness consume him and his miserable family.I can't hold my tears.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by Onyi90(m): 12:53pm On Dec 27, 2022
May Her soul rest in Peace and i pray God console her loved ones.
I think It's a case of carelessness and unprofessionalism. It's unfortunate that his 33 year's of service is ending this way. May God see Him through too and Justice prevail.

2 Likes

Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by Searchingvictor: 12:54pm On Dec 27, 2022
Too bad
Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by Dialpad: 12:54pm On Dec 27, 2022
RIP to the deceased, may God comfort the family she left behind.

This trigger happy guy must pay the price .

After 33 years in service ? Who knows who may have placed a curse on him , most of these officers are cursed.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by FrancescoFarino(f): 12:54pm On Dec 27, 2022
R.I.P to her

1 Like

Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by yuzjet(m): 12:54pm On Dec 27, 2022
This looks more spiritual. How could you shot an innocent woman just like that?

No matter what happens, the police man should be hanged with immediate effect.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by HeartlessMan: 12:54pm On Dec 27, 2022
I now understand why Ajiwe Police Station was razed and utterly destroyed during EndSARS.

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by Arry110(m): 12:54pm On Dec 27, 2022
Chaii cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Zambian Sex Worker Fights White Man At A Hotel Over Payment. Photos / Mechanic Burns Daughter’s Eyes, Private Parts With Iron ( Graphic Content) / Iphone 11 Thief Caught At Computer Village, Ikeja, Receives Multiple Slaps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.