Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,421 members, 7,812,238 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:28 AM

Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered - Crime (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered (54292 Views)

Bolanle Raheem: Policeman Arrested For Shooting Female Lawyer Dead In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by seunjungle1(m): 9:22pm On Dec 27, 2022
Shut your Bleep up mouth mr man! Was it Buhari or Tinubu or Sanwo-Olu or APC that ordered the shooting...you must not bring politics to issue like this every time.
Police system is bad and we all know that which it is not now that it started...it has been like that for so many years.

Thank God Buhari reformed end SARS...why can't Jonathan or PDP reform it or you want to tell me that there was no police brutality during the days of Jonathan?

What is police reform? To start with that..can police reforming bring an end to this such incessant killing?
God help us in this Nigeria?
God be with the family that loss their member.
RIP Mrs Raheem!

BIGTinfotech:
This is very sad. Now tell me what was the point cocking a gun, let alone shooting in the circumstances.
This gets to show the state of the country. When we say citizens' lives are not safe anymore, this is exactly what we mean.

And some people are still thinking of putting the same set of persons who brought us to this juncture into power. This is like a case of a woman who's undergoing domestic violence and her life is threatened every day and yet claims to still love her husband and that someday he would change.

I really do feel for the young man that has become a widow, not because the wife was sick. Quite pathetic.
Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by omobaba101(m): 10:03pm On Dec 27, 2022
Did this police officer serve in Ibadan?
Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by peacemara54(m): 10:12pm On Dec 27, 2022
BIGTinfotech:
This is very sad. Now tell me what was the point cocking a gun, let alone shooting in the circumstances.
This gets to show the state of the country. When we say citizens' lives are not safe anymore, this is exactly what we mean.

And some people are still thinking of putting the same set of persons who brought us to this juncture into power. This is like a case of a woman who's undergoing domestic violence and her life is threatened every day and yet claims to still love her husband and that someday he would change.

I really do feel for the young man that has become a widow, not because the wife was sick. Quite pathetic.

A widower
Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by kay29000(m): 10:24pm On Dec 27, 2022
tishbite42:

If u have any elderly person who lived in Lagos in the 80's and 90's, you can ask them.
The brother was an active officer. He brought a truckload of soldiers with him.

The story is changing. The original storyteller said the man went alone with his gun.
Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:36pm On Dec 27, 2022
SirElaw:

You sound like a man of reason, I'll give you that. My goal isn't to change your beilef (I'm sure I can't) but to sound a warning on the dangers of religion.

My knowledge of Christianity got deep enough that atheism was the only way forward. Infact, I have a theory that most men of God we know today are closet atheists. It makes perfect sense that they are.

Every year the same prophesies are repeated in Shiloh and Redemption camp. Every single year the same prophesies. I'll ask why are you still religious but like I said, I don't plan to question your belief.

"Religion and the knowledge of God is as old as man itself. It is simply ridiculous to think such knowledge and practices survived the ages despite being mere fantasies."

Man lacked knowledge back then. Alot of the things we can explain now like sunrise, rain, thunder were at some point solely attributed to the unpredictability of God. In this regard, God has been an ever decreasing pocket of knowledge. The more we know, the more God's influence reduces. There are some things science still can't explain but we keep trying to find answers.
Religion has persisted because of the way it is propagated, indoctrination of the younger generation. I'll bet that you are a Christian who grew up in a Christian home. You aren't alone. A large majority of practitioners of all religions get in that way. Indoctrinated from birth, hold on till death. Introduce religion only to mature minds say 18 years old and you'll surely see its rapid demise.
You make it sound as if the climax of religious knowledge is atheism. I hope you're aware that most men of philosophy and scientific reasoning were deeply religious. Let me take you back to the Tower of Babel. An evolution of a technology took place before a desire to reach the heavens. But the desire to reach the heavens riled God because he saw it as an affront to his authority. What I'm pointing out to you is that if knowledge is an affront to God, then the technology that took place before Babel will not have occurred in itself.
So knowledge is not an affront to God. Again, it's the application that either seeks to relegate or elevate God.
Which brings me to your second point of the more we know, the less we see need for God. Is it really so? Doesn't it then imply that knowledge can and should replace God? If it is so, then it implies that God ceased to be relevant the moment man ate the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil in Genesis. But we have found it not to be so. Every age of enlightenment is preceded by an age of righteousness and vice versa. It's a cycle. Man feels self-sufficient enough to not need God, then an event occurs that tasks his ability and he needs God again. Covid was a recent example.
It is true indoctrination is a basis for belief for adherents of most religion. But it is also true that the most radical and fanatical religionists are those who are converted above 18. If all men are allowed to reach that age before choosing which religion to follow or any at all, I can assure you there will be more men of faith and conviction than the majority of church goers we have now, who turn back at the first hint of confusion like your very self
Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by countryman13: 10:42pm On Dec 27, 2022
Fira09:
Gbenga Raheem, the husband of a female lawyer, Omobolanle, who was shot dead by an Assistant Superintendent of Police, Drambi Vandi, in the Ajah area of Lagos state on Christmas day, December 25, has given a chilling account of how his seven-months pregnant wife was murdered.

LIB had earlier reported that Bolanle had just left an eatery and was driving with some of her family members including her daughter when the police officer fired at her car, killing her on the spot.

Narrating the ugly incident the victim’s husband, Gbenga, said;

SOURCE
Jungle justice would have been the best for this animal in human skin. He deserves not to be alive even a second after killing the innocent and armless woman. Nevertheless, karma's real. His wife,his son's wife or daughter (s) will be killed like an animal likewise by the grace of the Almighty God,amen.
Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by NathanxxL(m): 10:52pm On Dec 27, 2022
Why would police hold guns on the road anymore left alone AKs guy!
Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by Businessman1986(m): 11:18pm On Dec 27, 2022
Topsin4great:
His name sound Non Nigerian, drami vandit

Michika, Adamawa
Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by COCKCROW: 11:35pm On Dec 27, 2022
othermen:
Just crazy.

IT IS NORMAL IN NIGERIA,
A CLIME WHERE LIFE MATTERS NOT,
DEPENDING TO WHO, TRIBE IT HAPPENED TO,
BOLANLE, BOLANLE, I AM SORRY
FOR BEING PART AND PARTAKER OF THIS
JUST FOR BEING IN NIGERIA AND A NIGERIAN,
YOURS IS DIFFERENT, CONDEMNED BY MANY,
BECAUSE YOUR LIFE MATTERS, BEEN LUCKY?
SOME OTHERS BORN ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THIS EVIL CLIME
WERE IN THIS CLIME MURDERED IN COLD-BLOOD,
UNJUSTLY TAGGED CRIMINALS,
WHILE THE REAL CRIMINAL RECEIVED PROMOTION,
FOR A JOB WELL DONE? IN THE APO SIX MURDER,
ALL NIGERIANS KEPT THEIR COOL BECAUSE THOSE LIVES MATTERS NOT,
WHAT A SAD FACT FOR UNFORTUNATE FOE FROM DAMNED PEOPLE,
HISTORY HAS IT FULL SINCE 1945, FLOW OF GENOCIDE, UNNOTICED
GO WON THEM SAW, SUPPORTED BEING A PARTAKER
AWOLO-SONJO CHANNELLED THE MURDER AND STARVATION OF MILLIONS OF CHILDREN,
MIDDLE BELT AND THE WORLD WERE NOT ON-LOOKERS
LIFE REVOLVES, IN ITS ORBIT STAINING ALL ALONG ITS CIRCUMFERENCE
SOUTHERN CAMERON TO HIT AT THE INNOCENT
TO SPIT US JOIN CAMEROON
NORTHERN MINORITIES AND CHRISTIAN, AND THE WEST ARE ON THE RECEIVING SIDE
WHATEVER YOU SOW YOU RIPE; THOUGH IT MAY DELAY
Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by Aklee4994(m): 12:01am On Dec 28, 2022
casppyjay:
well said he’s a repeat murderer obviously he’s got proclivity for extrajudicial murder and he’s done it over and over again….the case will be tough to win because 33 years of service in that rotten dirt bag confraternity called Nigeria police force he’s delivered a lot of kickbacks for his superiors and killed a lot for high powered individuals hence he’s careless because he knows a lot of people owes him a favour.. and now he will request his refunds..

U can try to follow up the case if u are interested but I’d rather not she was just a victim of Nigeria..My condolences to her loved ones ..
you’re a YOGA MAN

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by staneless(m): 12:11am On Dec 28, 2022
Topsin4great:
His name sound Non Nigerian, drami vandit

Will you keep quiet? When they tell you guys to travel, you won't listen. He is a full blooded Nigerian, from Adamawa state... Michika LGA.
They are the ones that bear Drambi
Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by olalekan9320(m): 2:15am On Dec 28, 2022
Eriokanmi:
It did happen. We were in the military era that time. Everyone living in lagos heard about it the day it happened.
Na wa o
Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by tishbite42: 3:44am On Dec 28, 2022
kay29000:

The story is changing. The original storyteller said the man went alone with his gun.
Problem with oral tradition
You can ask around though

1 Like

Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by DavidEsq(m): 5:47am On Dec 28, 2022
WibusJaga:

Reason I generally regard every armed policeman at checkpoints as potential madman ready to shoot at slightest provocation, &I take necessary precautionary measures to avoid stories that touch.

Does this suggest the husband isn't saying all that really happened?

1 Like

Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by jaxxy(m): 6:50am On Dec 28, 2022
What is this? No single question or reason? they just shoot when they feel like it?

police men should not hold guns unless its a special operation.
Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by baretalk: 7:00am On Dec 28, 2022
Jennyclay:
Nigerian policemen are animalistic in nature.

The police man should also be sentenced to death by shooting. Heartless and wicked beast everywhere!

Rip to the departed soul.
Not all, is what you want a nation without a police force?
Don't let sentiments overide your senses.

1 Like

Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by baretalk: 7:03am On Dec 28, 2022
kingsceemark:
When mazi Nnamdi Kanu called this shithole country a zoo, some Yoruba people and few Nigeria bastards no gree learn
You be mumu, even in America unruly police kill people, na east be shithole cage of cannibalism, monkey in the Afghaneastern zoo.

1 Like

Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by Sagefromtheeast: 7:35am On Dec 28, 2022
obyrich:
33 years of service. Probably have 2 more years or less to retire. Now will end his career in shame and regret.

It's probably just an accident.
Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by Faposky95: 7:45am On Dec 28, 2022
....lawyer, female, married, Ajah......
...jobless, male, searching, ajangbandi.....
See the contrasts....
Makes no difference.. .wat a time and place to be alive in....
Peace to her family though
Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by SirElaw(m): 7:55am On Dec 28, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

You make it sound as if the climax of religious knowledge is atheism. I hope you're aware that most men of philosophy and scientific reasoning were deeply religious. Let me take you back to the Tower of Babel. An evolution of a technology took place before a desire to reach the heavens. But the desire to reach the heavens riled God because he saw it as an affront to his authority. What I'm pointing out to you is that if knowledge is an affront to God, then the technology that took place before Babel will not have occurred in itself.
So knowledge is not an affront to God. Again, it's the application that either seeks to relegate or elevate God.
Which brings me to your second point of the more we know, the less we see need for God. Is it really so? Doesn't it then imply that knowledge can and should replace God? If it is so, then it implies that God ceased to be relevant the moment man ate the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil in Genesis. But we have found it not to be so. Every age of enlightenment is preceded by an age of righteousness and vice versa. It's a cycle. Man feels self-sufficient enough to not need God, then an event occurs that tasks his ability and he needs God again. Covid was a recent example.
It is true indoctrination is a basis for belief for adherents of most religion. But it is also true that the most radical and fanatical religionists are those who are converted above 18. If all men are allowed to reach that age before choosing which religion to follow or any at all, I can assure you there will be more men of faith and conviction than the majority of church goers we have now, who turn back at the first hint of confusion like your very self

Good morning. It's been a long while that I've involved myself in this kind of conversation and you are slowly reminding me of why I decided to stop.

Y'all bring up Bible stories to support your stand in a conversation with an atheist who clearly doesn't believe in them. Surely, you see the major flaw in that approach.
Tower of Babel, Garden of Eden are nothing but bedtime stories.
Does the Tower of Babel story even make sense to you? How tall could they have built a structure in that period? Surely not half the height of the Burj Khalifa. Planes fly higher than that. Heck, 59 years ago we landed a man on the moon. None of these is an affront to God now but a teenie weenie tower of Babel got him all riled up back then. Such fragile ego.

Did we need God during Covid? Churches around the world and even the Mecca were closed. When they were opened your pastors needed to wear face shields to minister while waiting for the vaccine they took to be proven as efficient. God went into hiding while science came to the rescue.

I'll also appreciate if we don't throw random stats into the air. A quick Google search shows that majority of "Philosophers of Religion" are theist while 72.8% of Philosophers in all fields identify as atheist.
https://dailynous.com/2015/01/30/why-are-so-many-philosophers-of-religion-theists/
Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by kay29000(m): 7:57am On Dec 28, 2022
tishbite42:

Problem with oral tradition
You can ask around though

Okay. Do you know the specific area it happened in.
Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by 27Pushing30: 8:08am On Dec 28, 2022
olasaad:

Do you think this is his first time killing innocent people cheesy God really wants to expose him before he retired. Evil man.

God wants to expose him by allowing him kill another person .

Religion and Opium = 5 & 6

1 Like

Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by 27Pushing30: 8:14am On Dec 28, 2022
DavidEsq:

Does this suggest the husband isn't saying all that really happened?

To be honest the husband is being economical with the truth and since he was the one driving I think he is trying to avoid some blame - Though NOTHING excuses an officer discharging his rifle in such an area sef.

…but these officers have stopped me numerous times AND I always comply as e no pass the usual “anything for the boys” I no get and they say go… while those who zoom off I notice they always cock their gun feigning ready to shoot but they end up “clearing road” lol

I think the husband tried to avoid them by speeding and this time the idiot policeman shot at them.

The husband should open up because this line no follow : [/b] “ they said we should stop, and in the process, we heard a loud sound on my wife’s side window “ [b]

In what process? Abeggi

All in all WE NEED STATE POLICE

1 Like

Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by Kingmili8112: 8:18am On Dec 28, 2022
They killed her intentionally
Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by SirElaw(m): 8:22am On Dec 28, 2022
27Pushing30:

To be honest the husband is being economical with the truth and since he was the one driving I think he is trying to avoid some blame - Though NOTHING excuses an officer discharging his rifle in such an area sef.

…but these officers have stopped me numerous times AND I always comply as e no pass the usual “anything for the boys” I no get and they say go… while those who zoom off I notice they always cock their gun feigning ready to shoot but they end up “clearing road” lol

I think the husband tried to avoid them by speeding and this time the idiot policeman shot at them.

The husband should open up because this line no follow : [/b] “ they said we should stop, and in the process, we heard a loud sound on my wife’s side window “ [b]

In what process? Abeggi

All in all WE NEED STATE POLICE

I do understand that you are being logical here but I'll argue that to beat a pig, you have to get dirty as well. If the husband claims this is what happened, it'll favor the case to go along with his story.
Trying to find a reason for the mishap that favors the policeman is counterproductive.
Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by 27Pushing30: 8:47am On Dec 28, 2022
SirElaw:

I do understand that you are being logical here but I'll argue that to beat a pig, you have to get dirty as well. If the husband claims this is what happened, it'll favor the case to go along with his story.
Trying to find a reason for the mishap that favors the policeman is counterproductive.

Na God dey save person for this country
Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by kingsceemark(m): 9:13am On Dec 28, 2022
baretalk:

You be mumu, even in America unruly police kill people, na east be shithole cage of cannibalism, monkey in the Afghaneastern zoo.

One of the Bastardized Bastard spoken
Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by tishbite42: 9:17am On Dec 28, 2022
kay29000:

Okay. Do you know the specific area it happened in.
Let me call my Dad and ask him

1 Like

Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by Agbegbaorogboye: 9:21am On Dec 28, 2022
SirElaw:

Good morning. It's been a long while that I've involved myself in this kind of conversation and you are slowly reminding me of why I decided to stop.

Y'all bring up Bible stories to support your stand in a conversation with an atheist who clearly doesn't believe in them. Surely, you see the major flaw in that approach.
Tower of Babel, Garden of Eden are nothing but bedtime stories.
Does the Tower of Babel story even make sense to you? How tall could they have built a structure in that period? Surely not half the height of the Burj Khalifa. Planes fly higher than that. Heck, 59 years ago we landed a man on the moon. None of these is an affront to God now but a teenie weenie tower of Babel got him all riled up back then. Such fragile ego.

Did we need God during Covid? Churches around the world and even the Mecca were closed. When they were opened your pastors needed to wear face shields to minister while waiting for the vaccine they took to be proven as efficient. God went into hiding while science came to the rescue.

I'll also appreciate if we don't throw random stats into the air. A quick Google search shows that majority of "Philosophers of Religion" are theist while 72.8% of Philosophers in all fields identify as atheist.
https://dailynous.com/2015/01/30/why-are-so-many-philosophers-of-religion-theists/
Good morning.
This is the intolerance and arrogance that seems to go along with being an atheist.
You referenced Bible stories first, but you show disdain when I do same because according to you, they are incredulous.
My mention of the Bible stories has nothing to do with its veracity or otherwise but to make a point. If I had made same point with the story of the tortoise and the elephant, you would not disdain it blatantly even though it's without a doubt not a true story.
You're showing your deficiency in Bible knowledge. What you fail to understand is the Bible never said they completed the tower. It was called tower of Babel because it was intended to be a tower not that it was completed. How far they had reached, the Bible never said. God judged their intent and then decided to put a stop to the project by confusing them. The morale of the story is the danger of equating human knowledge and ability to be at par with that of the Omniscient Almighty not engineering ability or accuracy. There's an ancient book which puts the height of the tower at three times the height of the khalifa.
It is a known fact that during covid, the limits of science was exposed and it remains so even till now. First it was face masks, then later chloroquine, then vaccine, and then boosters. From one confusion and bumble to another. Recently, Biden with all his vaccines and boosters caught the virus. More people took to religion during covid than before. That much is obvious.

I was referring to ancient and early philosophers not the latter day philosophers. From Plato, Aristotle, Descartes, men of deep understanding who pioneered knowledge and deep research, they were deeply religious men. So also Michael Faraday, Isaac Newton etc.
These are men whose works laid the bedrock for the advancement we have today. If religion was false and knowledge is the cure as you claim, these men would have had to do away with religion before they can attain the height of knowledge which they did. The fact they were religious and still attained the depth of knowledge most of you atheists can't even begin to attempt shows that being an atheist doesn't make you a more knowledgeable or deep human than the religionists
Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by kay29000(m): 9:29am On Dec 28, 2022
tishbite42:

Let me call my Dad and ask him

Okay.
Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by SirElaw(m): 9:51am On Dec 28, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Good morning.
This is the intolerance and arrogance that seems to go along with being an atheist.
You referenced Bible stories first, but you show disdain when I do same because according to you, they are incredulous.
My mention of the Bible stories has nothing to do with its veracity or otherwise but to make a point. If I had made same point with the story of the tortoise and the elephant, you would not disdain it blatantly even though it's without a doubt not a true story.
You're showing your deficiency in Bible knowledge. What you fail to understand is the Bible never said they completed the tower. It was called tower of Babel because it was intended to be a tower not that it was completed. How far they had reached, the Bible never said. God judged their intent and then decided to put a stop to the project by confusing them. The morale of the story is the danger of equating human knowledge and ability to be at par with that of the Omniscient Almighty not engineering ability or accuracy. There's an ancient book which puts the height of the tower at three times the height of the khalifa.
It is a known fact that during covid, the limits of science was exposed and it remains so even till now. First it was face masks, then later chloroquine, then vaccine, and then boosters. From one confusion and bumble to another. Recently, Biden with all his vaccines and boosters caught the virus. More people took to religion during covid than before. That much is obvious.

I was referring to ancient and early philosophers not the latter day philosophers. From Plato, Aristotle, Descartes, men of deep understanding who pioneered knowledge and deep research, they were deeply religious men. So also Michael Faraday, Isaac Newton etc.
These are men whose works laid the bedrock for the advancement we have today. If religion was false and knowledge is the cure as you claim, these men would have had to do away with religion before they can attain the height of knowledge which they did. The fact they were religious and still attained the depth of knowledge most of you atheists can't even begin to attempt shows that being an atheist doesn't make you a more knowledgeable or deep human than the religionists

I'm not surprised that you've towed the line of an average religionist and thrown logic out of the window.

3 times the height of the Burj Khalifa. Really? How? Consider the state of engineering at the time. How deep would they need to dig to have a foundation to support such structure.

No, if you had brought the story of the tortoise and elephant I'll react the same way. They belong in the same category. Fairy tales.
Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:38am On Dec 28, 2022
SirElaw:

I'm not surprised that you've towed the line of an average religionist and thrown logic out of the window.

3 times the height of the Burj Khalifa. Really? How? Consider the state of engineering at the time. How deep would they need to dig to have a foundation to support such structure.

No, if you had brought the story of the tortoise and elephant I'll react the same way. They belong in the same category. Fairy tales.

First of all, being a religious person does not make one illogical. Religion is belief in the existence of a spiritual being who is the source of life and ultimate decider of events and occurrences.
You athiests believe in Darwinism which says man evolved from apes. It is illogical but you believe it anyway. But yet deride those who believe man was purposely created as he is for a certain purpose by a higher spiritual power.

I have not said I believed the height given by the ancient source. What I intend to point to you is that there's no evidence of how high the tower reached since you implied God was simply annoyed at the engineering ingenuity of the builders. It is also interesting to note that Egyptian architecture which has survived the years still now were made of same materials, burnt bricks. So if you don't have evidence, don't just jump at skepticism as a tool of logic. I don't believe it works well.

You're free to believe the biblical tower of Babel is a fairytale. I think otherwise. I believe it happened. It is very possible that when men were far fewer in number than we are now, they spoke a common language. It is also possible that they discovered the technology of making fired bricks as well. It is also very possible they sought a central place of resort which they intended will be visible from anywhere since they were largely itinerant from the passage. if all these accounts are possible, why do you seek to discount the aspect of God intervening in the matter? Cause I know it is on that premise alone you are looking to ridicule the story and not the other occurrences that surround it. If the mention of God was not there, you could easily have believed and claim the Tower as one of the ingenuity of man.
It's in stark contrast to the tortoise and elephant story where both were conversing inteligbly and the elephant was about to be crowned King of animal kingdom.
Yet you group both together simply because of the existence of God.
Wow!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Zambian Sex Worker Fights White Man At A Hotel Over Payment. Photos / Iphone 11 Thief Caught At Computer Village, Ikeja, Receives Multiple Slaps / Mechanic Burns Daughter’s Eyes, Private Parts With Iron ( Graphic Content)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.