Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,906 members, 7,828,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:05 AM

Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered - Crime (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered (54344 Views)

Photo Of ASP Ayuba Who Shot Bolanle Raheem Dead / Bolanle Raheem: Policeman Arrested For Shooting Female Lawyer Dead In Lagos / Lawyer, Bolanle Raheem, Shot Dead By Police In Lagos On Christmas Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by nettan: 4:47pm On Dec 27, 2022
jimcaddy:
Could it have been a case of an accidental discharge because I don't understand how a sane policeman with 33 years of service will pull the trigger at an unarmed civilian. It's a very sad and unfortunate incident. They teach these men how to handle guns. You put on the safety mode of the gun to avoid accidental discharge.

Which accidental discharge is that, when he engaged the gun to shoot at the sister of the deceased also. These people are evil. The NPF needs a total reform.

May Nigeria not happen to us
Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by Starzo: 4:52pm On Dec 27, 2022
VIPAFRICAN:
To think they were even coming from the Church. God couldn't even avert the mishap waiting for his own daughter who came to worship him. Same thing happened in Ogun state right inside the Church where hundreds were killed. Is this how powerless and redundant God is?
No!...it shows how stupid you are
Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by jclassiq(m): 4:53pm On Dec 27, 2022
Jennyclay:
Nigerian policemen are animalistic in nature.

The police man should also be sentenced to death by shooting. Heartless and wicked beast everywhere!

Rip to the departed soul.
The only justice for the family is to sentence that animal to death.

1 Like

Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by placeofallure(f): 4:57pm On Dec 27, 2022
BigBashiru:

Let me tell you what caused the shooting. It's either toxic masculinity or envy and jealousy I.e. the officer felt the victim had a better life than him

Whatever is responsible, nobody had to go through that. It's heart rendering especially on a Christmas Day. God's mercy and protection on us always.
Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by stanisbaratheon: 4:59pm On Dec 27, 2022
This is terribly sad. How will the children heal having witnessed such horror?
Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by SirElaw(m): 5:00pm On Dec 27, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Yes. I'll do it. It's my business not yours.

People find solace however they can. An English adage says there's always a silver lining in a cloud. So if someone chooses to see it that way as a form of bitter sweet justice, I wonder why that should rile you.
The govt you wish to be angry at have already joined in condemning the act. I agree with you there should be reforms and we should call for it but that does not in any way negate someone expressing an opinion on the matter.

You'll kill your child if God tells you to do so.
How many times have you read such news and thought the individual had some mental illness. It's easy to claim such stance but when thought about logically, it is nothing short of a mental disorder.
"The government joined in condemning the act"...they always do that but because of the lackadaisical attitude of the populace, no real change is implemented.
Stop giving them an excuse for incompetence. God had nothing to do with this death.
Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by TeeKings: 5:08pm On Dec 27, 2022
olasaad:

Do you think this is his first time killing innocent people cheesy God really wants to expose him before he retired. Evil man.

So God had to let him take another life just to expose him abi? Please don’t bring God unto this, he never ordered the police to kill her just so he could punish him
Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by Agbegbaorogboye: 5:09pm On Dec 27, 2022
SirElaw:

You'll kill your child if God tells you to do so.
How many times have you read such news and thought the individual had some mental illness. It's easy to claim such stance but when thought about logically, it is nothing short of a mental disorder.
"The government joined in condemning the act"...they always do that but because of the lackadaisical attitude of the populace, no real change is implemented.
Stop giving them an excuse for incompetence. God had nothing to do with this death.
Again, God didn't allow Abraham to carry it through. So I have implicit confidence God will fashion a way out. Even Abraham answered his son "God will provide" which means he had implicit confidence that he's not serving an evil God.
God might have had nothing to do with the death but what the other guy was implying is God made him do it in such a way he got caught. Imagine as the guy said there's he's done and gotten away with.
You're already making excuses for your self-inflicted indolence. You have to try to conclude that nothing will happen

1 Like

Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by wonder233: 5:11pm On Dec 27, 2022
I'm speaking against tribalism and hatred, the same vices drawing us back in this country and calling out those perpetuating such and you're reporting me? This is unbelievable. So you relish the hate? And want those who refer to people from a specific tribe as "children of hate and perdition" to continue to use your forum to perpetuate such? You're more concerned with political correctness of "giving everyone a voice".
NLPoliceWoman:

Seun Mynd44 Dominique justwise.
Rule 8.
Rule 2.
Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by Justmesagi: 5:11pm On Dec 27, 2022
Tonytonex:
which guilty again? He killed the woman na.
Yes, but he can't be convicted without prior investigation no matter how glaring the case may seem. He has the right to fair hearing in court.

1 Like

Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by ShaqFu: 5:13pm On Dec 27, 2022
What a shame.

I mean what was the officer's reason for firing his gun. To think he even had the nerve to cock_ his rifle again to threaten the sister in law.

I'm starting to believe many of these police officer's do all this nonsense because they believe they can get away with it, if not, I see no reason why after all the officer's we've seen the police dismiss, many of them don't learn and continue with their foolish and disgusting acts.
Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by tete7000(m): 5:19pm On Dec 27, 2022
olasaad:

Do you think this is his first time killing innocent people cheesy God really wants to expose him before he retired. Evil man.

God exposing him by killing another innocent soul? It can't be, God is not that wicked and senseless. His evil found him out. Leave God out of it, it is not everything that you attribute to God.
Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by integrity16(m): 5:20pm On Dec 27, 2022
And somebody is trying to discourage others from leaving this country.
Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by tete7000(m): 5:20pm On Dec 27, 2022
ShaqFu:
What a shame.

I mean what was the officer's reason for firing his gun. To think he even had the nerve to cock_ his rifle again to threaten the sister in law.

I'm starting to believe many of these police officer's do all this nonsense because they believe they can get away with it, if not, I see no reason why after all the officer's we've seen the police dismiss, many of them don't learn and continue with their foolish and disgusting acts.
Accidental discharge, drunkeness... Let pray that God leads us not into temptation, and delivers us from evil.
Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by chrixtoimoh: 5:21pm On Dec 27, 2022
Animalistic NPF
Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by kernniejay(m): 5:22pm On Dec 27, 2022
VIPAFRICAN:
To think they were even coming from the Church. God couldn't even avert the mishap waiting for his own daughter who came to worship him. Same thing happened in Ogun state right inside the Church where hundreds were killed. Is this how powerless and redundant God is?
Direct your questions to God Himself.
Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by delpee(f): 5:27pm On Dec 27, 2022
VIPAFRICAN:

Whether you're in Church, Mosque or shrine, death will come at it's time. Don't bring God into a case of carelessness and callousness of a trigger happy police man. There have been many attacks in all forms of worship centres up North by terrorists. It hasn't stopped them from being committed to God. How do you know that God didn't save the others? He could have killed them all. To each his own in accordance with the guidance of the spirit.

May her soul rest in peace.
Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by delpee(f): 5:32pm On Dec 27, 2022
Eriokanmi:
I hate these people.

My hatred for police and their relatives started the day they killed an American returnee decades ago at a Mafoluku police station, oshodi. This man arrived in the country late and felt he should spend the night at the nearest police station cos of the cash he was carrying. He informed the driver to leave for their house and inform them he couldn't make it home for safety concerns. To him, police station was the safest...as it was overseas.

They killed this innocent man in the night and dragged his lifeless body to the next street and tagged him an armed robber.

Any police officer or their relatives reading this must know that, Karma will come calling on them someday, no matter how far, except they aren't living on the proceeds of their evildoing

Very sad story.

Yeah, karma never fails. It's all a matter of time. Sometimes transferred to other generations too.

1 Like

Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by delpee(f): 5:35pm On Dec 27, 2022
IbeOkehie:

How are you sure anything will even happen to him? Even if convicted and imprisoned he could walk out and disappear.

Go check the story of the Apo 6 that were murdered in Abuja back in 2005 or so. The murderer DSP Danjuma disappeared, he's gone and not found till today. Someone that killed SIX INNOCENT YOUNG PEOPLE.

The likelihood of justice is low. And more importantly it should NEVER have happened. The story even reads like it was a real case of accidental discharge or mishandling a firearm. It happens, but the complete story has to be told and made public.

Condolences to the bereaved. There's really nothing that will be a recompense. A tragedy.

There was a report recently on the Apo 6 and DSP Danjuma on YouTube I think. Seems he's still very much around.
Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by damosky12(m): 5:39pm On Dec 27, 2022
obyrich:
33 years of service. Probably have 2 more years or less to retire. Now will end his career in shame and regret.

Normally, he shouldn't spend less than 20 years in prison...
Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by Parachoko: 5:40pm On Dec 27, 2022
wonder233:
This your comment right here is the issue! Why can't you guys drop this ethnic hate for once and just come together to solve a common problem? Police shot two people in the same axis in a space of days and what you're more concerned with is how to "prove" the candidate from the other ethnic group did this and that?
I don talk about this issue yesterday, and I condemn and ask for a reform in the NPF

What else do you want make I do? Abeg tell me
Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by dexmond: 5:51pm On Dec 27, 2022
SultanOfPuna:
THE only way police reform will happen is if Police continue killing more women.

Trust me, Police reform will happen

I'm glad the victim was a woman
If it were a man, we wouldn't get such national condemnation. It will be forgotten.

If Police should kill more women,
Their will be heavy protest all over nigeria
Because society cares for women more than men.
See how IGP reacted quickly because it was a woman.
Society will only take action if it affects women.

I'm sorry for her loss
But I'm glad the victim is a woman.
This will draw more attention
Now everybody is focused on ending and reforming police because a woman was killed

It's a bitter sweet feeling

SW will give the protest ethnic colouration like they did during the endsars.

2 Likes

Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by SirElaw(m): 6:16pm On Dec 27, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Again, God didn't allow Abraham to carry it through. So I have implicit confidence God will fashion a way out. Even Abraham answered his son "God will provide" which means he had implicit confidence that he's not serving an evil God.
God might have had nothing to do with the death but what the other guy was implying is God made him do it in such a way he got caught. Imagine as the guy said there's he's done and gotten away with.
You're already making excuses for your self-inflicted indolence. You have to try to conclude that nothing will happen

Look at you try to reinterpret the message passed in the scripture. Abraham lied to his son. He had every intention of going through with the sacrifice. He had faith in God that even if he killed his son, God is capable of giving him another and much more. The message is that it was with this mentality that God knew that he had full trust in him.

Stupidity is when you do things the same way and expect a different result. I am assuming that nothing will change because I can see y'all repeating the same mistakes over again. Something of this magnitude occured and someone is implying that God knows best.

This is why elected officials would tell us to "pray for good governance and security" basically absolving themselves of the responsibilites they were elected to handle. They know they can tell you such BS because y'all believe only God can do everything.
Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by Agbegbaorogboye: 6:25pm On Dec 27, 2022
SirElaw:

Look at you try to reinterpret the message passed in the scripture. Abraham lied to his son. He had every intention of going through with the sacrifice. He had faith in God that even if he killed his son, God is capable of giving him another and much more. The message is that it was with this mentality that God knew that he had full trust in him.

Stupidity is when you do things the same way and expect a different result. I am assuming that nothing will change because I can see y'all repeating the same mistakes over again. Something of this magnitude occured and someone is implying that God knows best.

This is why elected officials would tell us to "pray for good governance and security" basically absolving themselves of the responsibilites they were elected to handle. They know they can tell you such BS because y'all believe only God can do everything.
I'm surprised you can you can give an exegesis of a Bible story grin
You athiests self.
Anyway, there's nothing in the Bible to back up your claim that he believed God will give him more sons. Note that as at then, he had another son Ishmael. Yet God called Isaac his only son. Was God also lying or was he oblivious of the existence of Ishmael?
The answer lies in Genesis 21:12 where God explicit said Abraham's seed shall be called (i.e descendants) in Isaac. So that cancels your claim that Abraham was expecting another son from God cause that will negate God's word in that verse.
You saw his response to Isaac as a lie. I saw it as a declaration of faith based on his implicit trust and relationship with God.
Elected politicians can ask you to pray. Do you even pray? How many times have you ever prayed for Nigeria? The fact is praying for Nigeria does not absolve politicians of responsibility in things they are tasked with. Neither does it give citizens the cheque to be docile.
Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by Truthdeypain: 6:42pm On Dec 27, 2022
SultanOfPuna:
THE only way police reform will happen is if Police continue killing more women.

Trust me, Police reform will happen

I'm glad the victim was a woman
If it were a man, we wouldn't get such national condemnation. It will be forgotten.

If Police should kill more women,
Their will be heavy protest all over nigeria
Because society cares for women more than men.
See how IGP reacted quickly because it was a woman.
Society will only take action if it affects women.

I'm sorry for her loss
But I'm glad the victim is a woman.
This will draw more attention
Now everybody is focused on ending and reforming police because a woman was killed

It's a bitter sweet feeling

Most reasonable comment ever!

May police officers kill more women in your family, may your Mother sister's and daughters if any be rid of their miserable lives. May blood flow from your lineage until police is reformed.

Amen!
Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by LastProphet: 7:02pm On Dec 27, 2022
Eriokanmi:
I hate these people.

My hatred for police and their relatives started the day they killed an American returnee decades ago at a Mafoluku police station, oshodi. This man arrived in the country late and felt he should spend the night at the nearest police station cos of the cash he was carrying. He informed the driver to leave for their house and inform them he couldn't make it home for safety concerns. To him, police station was the safest...as it was overseas.

They killed this innocent man in the night and dragged his lifeless body to the next street and tagged him an armed robber. They didn't know the driver would come back the following day to pick him up as previously agreed. The driver saw his body and made a you turn without getting to the station to inform his family. His brother was a retired army officer. On hearing the news, he carried his gun and headed for the station. On getting there he fired all of them on duty without asking questions. He searched their pocket and met dollars there. Some of them who did night had gone home already. Only the few remaining got killed by the officer. The station was shut for years.

Any police officer or their relatives reading this must know that, Karma will come calling on them someday, no matter how far, except they aren't living on the proceeds of their evildoing

Yes that incident turned Lagos upside down for the whole year then that was around '90s
Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by SirElaw(m): 7:19pm On Dec 27, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

I'm surprised you can you can give an exegesis of a Bible story grin
You athiests self.
Anyway, there's nothing in the Bible to back up your claim that he believed God will give him more sons. Note that as at then, he had another son Ishmael. Yet God called Isaac his only son. Was God also lying or was he oblivious of the existence of Ishmael?
The answer lies in Genesis 21:12 where God explicit said Abraham's seed shall be called (i.e descendants) in Isaac. So that cancels your claim that Abraham was expecting another son from God cause that will negate God's word in that verse.
You saw his response to Isaac as a lie. I saw it as a declaration of faith based on his implicit trust and relationship with God.
Elected politicians can ask you to pray. Do you even pray? How many times have you ever prayed for Nigeria? The fact is praying for Nigeria does not absolve politicians of responsibility in things they are tasked with. Neither does it give citizens the cheque to be docile.

Dude, my mama still think say I be christian o. grin

I assure you that my knowledge of the scriptures isn't paltry.
I prayed for Nigeria, many times. Infact, the only reason why I stopped being religious is because I realized how dangerous religion is to Nigeria.
Your last two sentences are beautifully said but aren't what the reality is. Politicians have a ready "get out of jail card" with the claim that "except God builds a house he that builds labours in vain". Citizens are also docile because "atleast I've prayed. Let His will be done". You might claim that you don't think this way but you are just one man. How does religion affect the majority in this regard is my question.
Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by abeggnow: 7:48pm On Dec 27, 2022
obyrich:
33 years of service. Probably have 2 more years or less to retire. Now will end his career in shame and regret.

bad luck,poor training,poor weapons handling and wrong tool for the job.i keep saying it police shouldn't be armed with asult weapons on the road.pistols are better or machine pistols
Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:00pm On Dec 27, 2022
SirElaw:

Dude, my mama still think say I be christian o. grin

I assure you that my knowledge of the scriptures isn't paltry.
I prayed for Nigeria, many times. Infact, the only reason why I stopped being religious is because I realized how dangerous religion is to Nigeria.
Your last two sentences are beautifully said but aren't what the reality is. Politicians have a ready "get out of jail card" with the claim that "except God builds a house he that builds labours in vain". Citizens are also docile because "atleast I've prayed. Let His will be done". You might claim that you don't think this way but you are just one man. How does religion affect the majority in this regard is my question.
If your knowledge of the scriptures is more than passing, why then do you embrace athiesm? I believe atheism is the elixir of those who have misconstrued the purpose of God and religion due to improper knowledge and thus dissatisfied by it's lack of radical responses to today's challenges. Thus they do away with it altogether. Religion and the knowledge of God is as old as man itself. It is simply ridiculous to think such knowledge and practices survived the ages despite being mere fantasies.
Religion is not dangerous to Nigeria. It is the application of religion that's dangerous. If men of better understanding abandon such a potent tool, mean men will take over to use it for their benefit. That's been the reality of Nigeria as it pertains to religion.
It will surprise you that the part of Nigeria where politicians use religion as tool is not the Christian dominated parts.
As a man of biblical knowledge yourself, if a politician quoted that passage where God is recognised as the builder, you should also ask him to apply verse 2 which asks him to stay in bed and do no work since "he grants his beloved good sleep".
So it is when men of knowledge abandon knowledge that it becomes a tool for the selfish. Your abandonment of religion does not cure the malady you identified. It only enhances it.
Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by Jacobx007: 8:36pm On Dec 27, 2022
Always obey security operatives on the highway, I don't believe the husband is saying the whole truth, Some form of misunderstanding must have ensued between them.
Am not justifying the action of the Policeman, but you don't argue with anyone holding a weapon, either POLICEMAN or ARMED ROBBER.
Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by SirElaw(m): 9:11pm On Dec 27, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

If your knowledge of the scriptures is more than passing, why then do you embrace athiesm? I believe atheism is the elixir of those who have misconstrued the purpose of God and religion due to improper knowledge and thus dissatisfied by it's lack of radical responses to today's challenges. Thus they do away with it altogether. Religion and the knowledge of God is as old as man itself. It is simply ridiculous to think such knowledge and practices survived the ages despite being mere fantasies.
Religion is not dangerous to Nigeria. It is the application of religion that's dangerous. If men of better understanding abandon such a potent tool, mean men will take over to use it for their benefit. That's been the reality of Nigeria as it pertains to religion.
It will surprise you that the part of Nigeria where politicians use religion as tool is not the Christian dominated parts.
As a man of biblical knowledge yourself, if a politician quoted that passage where God is recognised as the builder, you should also ask him to apply verse 2 which asks him to stay in bed and do no work since "he grants his beloved good sleep".
So it is when men of knowledge abandon knowledge that it becomes a tool for the selfish. Your abandonment of religion does not cure the malady you identified. It only enhances it.

You sound like a man of reason, I'll give you that. My goal isn't to change your beilef (I'm sure I can't) but to sound a warning on the dangers of religion.

My knowledge of Christianity got deep enough that atheism was the only way forward. Infact, I have a theory that most men of God we know today are closet atheists. It makes perfect sense that they are.

Every year the same prophesies are repeated in Shiloh and Redemption camp. Every single year the same prophesies. I'll ask why are you still religious but like I said, I don't plan to question your belief.

"Religion and the knowledge of God is as old as man itself. It is simply ridiculous to think such knowledge and practices survived the ages despite being mere fantasies."

Man lacked knowledge back then. Alot of the things we can explain now like sunrise, rain, thunder were at some point solely attributed to the unpredictability of God. In this regard, God has been an ever decreasing pocket of knowledge. The more we know, the more God's influence reduces. There are some things science still can't explain but we keep trying to find answers.
Religion has persisted because of the way it is propagated, indoctrination of the younger generation. I'll bet that you are a Christian who grew up in a Christian home. You aren't alone. A large majority of practitioners of all religions get in that way. Indoctrinated from birth, hold on till death. Introduce religion only to mature minds say 18 years old and you'll surely see its rapid demise.
Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by Brownshoe: 9:20pm On Dec 27, 2022
There's a curse on that officer,33 close to rounding up

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

200 Armed Gangsters Invade Lagos And Ogun Communities, Rob Them / Teenager Knocks His Father To Death For Fighting With His Mum In Abuja (Photo) / I Killed My Lover-landlady Because She Was Angry I Married (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.