Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,058 members, 7,828,723 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered - Crime (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered (54354 Views)

Photo Of ASP Ayuba Who Shot Bolanle Raheem Dead / Bolanle Raheem: Policeman Arrested For Shooting Female Lawyer Dead In Lagos / Lawyer, Bolanle Raheem, Shot Dead By Police In Lagos On Christmas Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by SirElaw(m): 11:18am On Dec 28, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

First of all, being a religious person does not make one illogical. Religion is belief in the existence of a spiritual being who is the source of life and ultimate decider of events and occurrences.
You athiests believe in Darwinism which says man evolved from apes. It is illogical but you believe it anyway. But yet deride those who believe man was purposely created as he is for a certain purpose by a higher spiritual power.

I have not said I believed the height given by the ancient source. What I intend to point to you is that there's no evidence of how high the tower reached since you implied God was simply annoyed at the engineering ingenuity of the builders. It is also interesting to note that Egyptian architecture which has survived the years still now were made of same materials, burnt bricks. So if you don't have evidence, don't just jump at skepticism as a tool of logic. I don't believe it works well.

You're free to believe the biblical tower of Babel is a fairytale. I think otherwise. I believe it happened. It is very possible that when men were far fewer in number than we are now, they spoke a common language. It is also possible that they discovered the technology of making fired bricks as well. It is also very possible they sought a central place of resort which they intended will be visible from anywhere since they were largely itinerant from the passage. if all these accounts are possible, why do you seek to discount the aspect of God intervening in the matter? Cause I know it is on that premise alone you are looking to ridicule the story and not the other occurrences that surround it. If the mention of God was not there, you could easily have believed and claim the Tower as one of the ingenuity of man.
It's in stark contrast to the tortoise and elephant story where both were conversing inteligbly and the elephant was about to be crowned King of animal kingdom.
Yet you group both together simply because of the existence of God.
Wow!!

Would you please stop making claims on my behalf.
No, if God wasn't mentioned in the story of tower of babel, I wouldn't belive it either.

"Darwinism says man evolved from apes". *Big facepalm*. You don't get tired of making false claims do you? The theory of evolution, Darwinism as you rightly call it, states that humans and ape evolved from a common ancestor. The difference in these two statements might not jump at you at first but I assure you that if you spend some time to understand Darwinism, you'll see how both statements aren't even remotely alike and hence why Darwinism isn't illogical.

I'll advise you do that, read, research, gain more knowledge on what makes an unbeliever tick before you engage in this kind of conversations where it seems like you are blindly throwing your fists around.
Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by Agbegbaorogboye: 12:18pm On Dec 28, 2022
SirElaw:

Would you please stop making claims on my behalf.
No, if God wasn't mentioned in the story of tower of babel, I wouldn't belive it either.

"Darwinism says man evolved from apes". *Big facepalm*. You don't get tired of making false claims do you? The theory of evolution, Darwinism as you rightly call it, states that humans and ape evolved from a common ancestor. The difference in these two statements might not jump at you at first but I assure you that if you spend some time to understand Darwinism, you'll see how both statements aren't even remotely alike and hence why Darwinism isn't illogical.

I'll advise you do that, read, research, gain more knowledge on what makes an unbeliever tick before you engage in this kind of conversations where it seems like you are blindly throwing your fists around.
If you say so. But the laws of probability are on the side of the Tower of Babel. Many civilisations have embarked on architectural projects which define them till today. The pyramids of Egypt, great Wall of China, Benin walls, Eiffel tower, statue of liberty, Philadelphia Bell etc.

You're not well versed in Darwinism. You only took one part which is not even the main fulcrum. The main fulcrum of Darwinism is espoused in the theory of natural selection aka survival of the fittest. There's no difference between that and having a common ancestor. Rather, common ancestry is a precursor.
What Darwinism is saying is that living species evolved from same source and adapted to their environmental needs biologically. I believe very much it is very faulty. It's fault for example lies in the fact that a monkey and an ape are both grouped as same family. However, the monkey has a tail while the ape does not. How or what circumstances determined a tail is appropriate for a monkey and not an ape? That's just one out of many faults I and many others have found in Darwinism. Another one that can be easily deduced from our conversation is how man is able to speak different languages, while an ape in South America makes same sound as an ape in West Africa. Lions roar irrespective of geographical location while all cows moo. How does Darwinism explain this discrepancy?
At least religion gives an explanation. What does Darwinism offer?
Read Darwinism with an open mind and you'll find the faults.
Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by kcbaba007: 1:09pm On Dec 28, 2022
Fira09:
Gbenga Raheem, the husband of a female lawyer, Omobolanle, who was shot dead by an Assistant Superintendent of Police, Drambi Vandi, in the Ajah area of Lagos state on Christmas day, December 25, has given a chilling account of how his seven-months pregnant wife was murdered.

LIB had earlier reported that Bolanle had just left an eatery and was driving with some of her family members including her daughter when the police officer fired at her car, killing her on the spot.

Narrating the ugly incident the victim’s husband, Gbenga, said;

SOURCE

Police wey dem suppose lynch immediately, can you imagine, the police saying they are investigating the killing, like say the woman the so called asp shot is a bandit, a kidnapper, an armed robber or she had weapons and threatening to attack the policeman. If they see an armed robber, bandit or kidnapper, dem go just take off..... Na defenseless, unarmed civilians dem dey always look to bully and intimidate..... Useless police force..... Useless govt.
Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by kcbaba007: 1:12pm On Dec 28, 2022
SultanOfPuna:
THE only way police reform will happen is if Police continue killing more women.

Trust me, Police reform will happen

I'm glad the victim was a woman
If it were a man, we wouldn't get such national condemnation. It will be forgotten.

If Police should kill more women,
Their will be heavy protest all over nigeria
Because society cares for women more than men.
See how IGP reacted quickly because it was a woman.
Society will only take action if it affects women.

I'm sorry for her loss
But I'm glad the victim is a woman.
This will draw more attention
Now everybody is focused on ending and reforming police because a woman was killed

It's a bitter sweet feeling

Must there be a loss of soul before a reform or total revamping of the police force be done?
Useless govt. Useless police force
Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by kcbaba007: 1:22pm On Dec 28, 2022
Simeonjoe1:
G

Crazy world we are living in. Like he had no incentive to shoot, they are not driving against traffic neither are they evading an arrest.

Just say stop then the next is to release hot lead. Maybe it's an accidental discharge.

It's high time the government start phasing out high velocity assault rifle! How will a police be using AK and same army fighting Bokoharam is also using the same gun. Common give them pistol and other lower velocity weapons, AK is not for everyone, as even an accidental shot to even the leg can result to death.

Accidental discharge is just a phrase the govt. Uses to cover up the uselessness of it's security agents.... For every gun there is a safety catch, then a cork, the the trigger, you have to remove the safety catch before you can cork the gun, then be able to shoot, the police shoot because they feel nothing can happen to them if they kill anybody, there is nothing like accidental discharge!
Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by HNICEARTH: 1:30pm On Dec 28, 2022
Nigeria is messed up!
Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by NLPoliceWoman: 6:02pm On Dec 28, 2022
wonder233:
You can't see them on this kind of thread. People that have sold their souls to tribal and religious hate.
If they sold to the devil in return for wealth, it would have been understandable, but they traded it for hardship and penury just to earn a pyrrhic satisfaction of spite for a particular ethnic group
Seun Mynd44 Dominique justwise.
Again,
Rule 8.
Rule 2.
Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by DavidEsq(m): 6:19am On Dec 29, 2022
27Pushing30:

To be honest the husband is being economical with the truth and since he was the one driving I think he is trying to avoid some blame - Though NOTHING excuses an officer discharging his rifle in such an area sef.

…but these officers have stopped me numerous times AND I always comply as e no pass the usual “anything for the boys” I no get and they say go… while those who zoom off I notice they always cock their gun feigning ready to shoot but they end up “clearing road” lol

I think the husband tried to avoid them by speeding and this time the idiot policeman shot at them.

The husband should open up because this line no follow : [/b] “ they said we should stop, and in the process, we heard a loud sound on my wife’s side window “ [b]

In what process? Abeggi

All in all WE NEED STATE POLICE
I was thinking the same thing but I couldn't bring myself to admit the possibility of this line of thought
Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by emmyN(m): 7:19am On Dec 29, 2022
SultanOfPuna:
THE only way police reform will happen is if Police continue killing more women.

Trust me, Police reform will happen

I'm glad the victim was a woman
If it were a man, we wouldn't get such national condemnation. It will be forgotten.

If Police should kill more women,
Their will be heavy protest all over nigeria
Because society cares for women more than men.
See how IGP reacted quickly because it was a woman.
Society will only take action if it affects women.

I'm sorry for her loss
But I'm glad the victim is a woman.
This will draw more attention
Now everybody is focused on ending and reforming police because a woman was killed

It's a bitter sweet feeling

Honestly. This exact same thing happened to a young boy on the 23rd around where I live. There was an uproar that day, but things went silent real quick the day after.

1 Like

Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by BIGTinfotech: 9:57am On Dec 29, 2022
Sorry, I understand your pains. Some of us don't engage in online banter, especially with small minds.
I certainly don't wish you evil. I pray that nothing of this sort happens to you or your loved one.
.Cheers!

seunjungle1:
Shut your Bleep up mouth mr man! Was it Buhari or Tinubu or Sanwo-Olu or APC that ordered the shooting...you must not bring politics to issue like this every time.
Police system is bad and we all know that which it is not now that it started...it has been like that for so many years.

Thank God Buhari reformed end SARS...why can't Jonathan or PDP reform it or you want to tell me that there was no police brutality during the days of Jonathan?

What is police reform? To start with that..can police reforming bring an end to this such incessant killing?
God help us in this Nigeria?
God be with the family that lost their member.
RIP Mrs Raheem!

Re: Bolanle Raheem's Husband Gives Chilling Account Of How She Was Murdered by BIGTinfotech: 9:58am On Dec 29, 2022
Thank you jare.
peacemara54:

A widower

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Corper Gang-Raped In Akwa Ibom State / Man Arrested For Sleeping With His Two Daughters In Lagos / Pregnant Woman Killed, Stomach Opened In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.