Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,328 members, 7,822,579 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? (32742 Views)

"You Have No Business Relocating Abroad If You’re 40 & Above" Abroad-based Lady / Please What Are The Chances Of A 40 Year Old Man Relocating Abroad? / What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Learner247: 3:50pm On Dec 28, 2022
shegzhkn:

Are you an American??

Not at all boss.
Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by emkz: 3:52pm On Dec 28, 2022
Blacks abroad looking down on blacks in Nigeria and other blacks not in their social standing.

Blacks attempting to dupe fellow blacks and even eyeing their women.

As for racism, that thing is evil. It was showed to me and I retaliated by showing to them.

4 Likes

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Alexiiydon: 3:54pm On Dec 28, 2022
Money whey dem Dey use japa that thing too plenty Abeg

3 Likes

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by matm: 3:54pm On Dec 28, 2022
MackIV:

I'm doing great in Nigeria, on a bad day I could earn upto 100k daily. The fear of starting afresh, earning minimum wage for a long time b4 I start making it scares the sh*t out of me.

Please if you can put me out of my misery

2- The fear of my unborn children losing their culture and heritage.

PS: please don't ask what I do

Please what do you do dt earns you 100k a day

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by assholemods: 3:55pm On Dec 28, 2022
LordIsaac:
Cold!
There are places abroad that are not cold.

2 Likes

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by somehow: 3:56pm On Dec 28, 2022
pedel:
Do you realise that the British Prime Minister is not white?

You mean the puppet?
Maybe you do not understand how the system work, you're only reacting to the surface issues.

Obama was president of the US, did it change anything for the brown people?

3 Likes

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Mazzatov: 3:57pm On Dec 28, 2022
OboOlora:
For most guys, na hook up girls, baba Ijebu kiosk and those satchet ogogoro dem go miss pass

Lol
Damn I’ll def miss this
Except for the hook up girls part
I don’t do hook up girls and baba ijebu kiosk
But you see that ogorogo joint
I no dey use am play, Na there vibes dey
Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Dec 28, 2022
Culture shock, the life over there is complicated, not as rosy as it seems, yes you have steady light nice parks but it all comes at a price.

Social life is poor, its all about making money and spending it all in December only to start afresh again.

But if that is not an issue for you ok, you get to face stereotypes and discrimination for being black or African.

You get to discover that even though you relatively make more money, the quality of life is a farce .

Many Nigerian women who went to Canada as single ladies cant find a date, they earn more money but it does not satisfy.

You soon get bored wit the fast paced, look busy busy life, as you soon discover that being busy never equates being productive or effective, my own opinion sha.

You discover that just like home there is crime, insecurity , hunger, poverty and other societal problems their media has succeeded in white washing, white washing a problem doesnt address it , its called packaging.

You get cut off from your roots especially your children. Hmm I pause here.

11 Likes

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Streetmovement(m): 3:58pm On Dec 28, 2022
Wotoporiously cool speaking

Seriously have not given it a thought cuz I never really do, I just have this God feeling that anywhere i wanna go or have gone irrespective of the challenges that's awaiting me, I can always thrive well there and I've always thrived well there.

1 Like

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by rezzy: 3:58pm On Dec 28, 2022
prophetfire:
Cold and marriage laws that steals from the man and gives all to the leech. And your children may decide to become transgender and you can't do anything about it.

Na to carry them come back to Nigeria to visit grandma forever

2 Likes

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Galadoma: 3:58pm On Dec 28, 2022
As far as I have good job and earning good money, racism or no racism I will be fine

1 Like

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Kelechi009: 3:58pm On Dec 28, 2022
Jovialjune1:
The gay thing,

I don't want my kids to become gay or change their gender, or queer, or refer to themselves as non binary, why will i be having a conversation with my son and I'll refer to him as they them? It's abnormal.

Hi beautiful, come & marry me so all our kids will become gay lipsrsealed
Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by bluestone2015: 3:59pm On Dec 28, 2022
It's interesting to note that 99.99% of you all will jump at the opportunity to travel, work and get right of stay/ permanent residency in countries like Canada, UK, Australia etc.
Hypocrisy and dog in the manger attitude are part of what is holding us back from developing as a nation.
' Let me condemn it since I can't get there '.
Hahahahahahahaha.
What a shame!

3 Likes

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by SodiumValproate: 4:01pm On Dec 28, 2022
OboOlora:
For most guys, na hook up girls, baba Ijebu kiosk and those satchet ogogoro dem go miss pass
Wisdom no go kill you cool
Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by shegzhkn: 4:03pm On Dec 28, 2022
Learner247:

Not at all boss.

Your kids are??
Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by shegzhkn: 4:06pm On Dec 28, 2022
somehow:

You mean the puppet?
Maybe you do not understand how the system work, you're only reacting to the surface issues.

Obama was president of the US, did it change anything for the brown people?

What were u expecting to change?
Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by bonnyhope: 4:06pm On Dec 28, 2022
Brownshoe:
Fufu will no longer surplus and cheap as it is here.

Not sure if it will be available self.

Yoruba man spotted

1 Like

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by ugbarreta(m): 4:14pm On Dec 28, 2022
Nothing oooh!
Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by somehow: 4:15pm On Dec 28, 2022
shegzhkn:

What were u expecting to change?

Did the rights of the African Americans improved because Obama became president?

Infact, the systematic marginalization increased under his watch.

Like I said, you're only reacting to the surface issues, kindly do more research.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 28, 2022
Gun violence, hooliganism, psychos, serial killers. Just these.
Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Learner247: 4:18pm On Dec 28, 2022
shegzhkn:

Your kids are??

Not yet. They may have to earn it if they want it at the right time.
Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by faceLAGOS: 4:20pm On Dec 28, 2022
Boogyman557:
Holly Gram cool If I can't smoke my WEED in any uncomplicated BUILDING freely..

And if de don't have cheap BROTHEL (AKA ASHAWOO HOUSE)

Other tinz no concern ME!

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

Wicked being.

See as dem balance waiste.

Many men don go down in between those legs.

smiley .

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Amalekki: 4:22pm On Dec 28, 2022
How come those who don't live abroad worry more about racism?

Racism is not as obvious as our people think, just stick with major cities and research on wherever you live. I see no difference in racism and our class divide/elite oppression in Nigeria.

Ours is worse but we are so used to it without even knowing. Have you seen how a typical ok Nigerian treats househelps, gatemen, waiters, security etc?

Racism is no issue to me. I am an economic immigrant out to make money, help myself and my people. Racism was fought to a standstill by warriors like Dr King, Malcolm X, the Black Panthers and others. It doesn't move me an inch. I only pity the racist, keep learning, get better qualifications and keep making money. Racism & the small minds using it as a tool can't stop me. Simple.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by TheNoble007(m): 4:25pm On Dec 28, 2022
grandstar:
Settling in to a new culture and way of life.

For instance, in Nigeria, a man is responsible for most of the bills in the house. In Europe, both couple share bills. The man is also expected to assist in house work but may be cut some slack. Men will always be men. Some men are even househusbands.

Cost of accommodation is another worry. The best way to reduce this is not to stay in major cities. For instance, in England, no just near London. Rather go to some other cities. Even in Birmingham which is the second largest city in England, rents can be half as much as that of London.

In America, keep away from states like California which is expensive. Rather target Texas where accommodation is much cheaper

Texas has its cons immensely.. Many people, don't want to move to Texas.
Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Obeleagu93(m): 4:25pm On Dec 28, 2022
People just dey talk wetin no dey dictionary,
My own fears nah make I no fail visa interview period. As for everything nah Jara I go survive

3 Likes

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Hohaiiiode(m): 4:28pm On Dec 28, 2022
Nothing d scare me . I no come here come stay forever. Thank God I am an introvert and I have a thick skin. I no come look any oyibo man face and I didn’t come to make any yeye friendship . My wife sick and elderly patient that can barely move or talk told her once in my present not to have kids with this black man. The family and everyone was shocked … perhaps they hold the same view… they apologized. I smiled and told them, he should be more worried about his health than me having a child. I don’t accept invitations for dinner or parties, I deh my lane and I over like am. Many of them are so concern they ask me about my experience with racism… my reply is always simple … no body can be racist to me. You will see security personnel at shopping centers taken a kin look at you and observing your every move.

8 Likes

Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Ten06(m): 4:32pm On Dec 28, 2022
If I write what I'm afraid of now some people here who has nothing to offer in terms of intellectual discourse will quote me and will start forcing their low IQ on me or even insult me. Because, if they don't have the capacity to debate they will start insulting
Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by motayoayinde: 4:34pm On Dec 28, 2022
Pimine:

The main thing for me na cold, bro. Even for naija here, for close to 3 years now, one of my nostrils dey always dey blocked. I don go hospital, take drugs, buy nasal spray e no work. And the symptoms are exacerbated when I feel cold. Can't imagine being in a cold country with these symptoms, honestly.

Let me add this:
I work out. So whenever I do anything that gets my heart racing - it could be as little as 50 pushups, my nostrils immediately get unblocked and I can breathe perfectly.

I THINK YOU HAVE A CONDITION CALLED SINUSITIS.
TRY READ IT UP.
Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by TheNoble007(m): 4:42pm On Dec 28, 2022
placeofallure:
For me it will be racism. Some wouldn't even give you a chance to prove how resourceful, positive or good natured you are. Once they see black, they turn on racist mode.

Then gun violence too. It's particularly bad in US.

You are very correct...
Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by frankmoney(m): 4:51pm On Dec 28, 2022
Being homesick
Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by romeo1000(m): 4:52pm On Dec 28, 2022
Ever gone through the experience before? Please how did you manage to overcome it
motayoayinde:

I THINK YOU HAVE A CONDITION CALLED SINUSITIS.
TRY READ IT UP.
Re: What Scares You The Most About Relocating Abroad? by Konjiboii: 4:56pm On Dec 28, 2022
Thastie:
The only regret you'll have moving abroad is not doing it earlier. But then I won't advise anyone to sell valuable things to move here

Where is here, you when dey look for 30k phone?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is It Advisable To Settle In The United Kingdom After Studies / Osun MKO Abiola Airport In Ruins Despite Multi-Billion Naira Funding / Rumuokwurusi Flyover, Port Harcourt Partially Collapses (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.