Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,055 members, 7,835,571 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi (27675 Views)

Taiwo Oyedele Recommends Suspension Of VAT On Diesel / How My Colleague Killed Bolanle Raheem During Stop-And-search — Police Witness / Bolanle Raheem: Sanwo-Olu’s Delegation Visits Raheem Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by crossbreedwears(m): 8:39pm On Dec 28, 2022
He should resign for what reasons sir? How many chief police have resigned in the US after a murder of a citizen? Una go just dey talk rubbish up and down and you never reach abroad.
yerokunphilips:
In a saner climes the IG himself will resign .
I don't think there's any country on earth where the police murder her citizens like Nigeria. A friend ones said it's better you have argument with a mad man holding a gun ,than having a conversation (not argument )Nigeria police.

1 Like

Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by Burgerlomo: 8:57pm On Dec 28, 2022
He should be fired and face serious prosecution
Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by abbey621(m): 9:14pm On Dec 28, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

I don't care if your generation have worked in police in the US. You can't bamboozle anyone with that. No police in the US carries assault weapons on routine duty. If you don't know what routine duty entails, ask your father.
I'm sure if you ask the late lady your very irrelevant and superfluous question, her answer will be in the negative.
Go back and read and digest what I've been saying. Find out also what assault rifle means before jumping in to argue. Where did I say they shouldn't have any weapon? I specifically mentioned assault rifle because their damage is mostly fatal. So stop being clever by half.
Show with evidence five gun battles in Lagos this year between robbers and police. It's easy to mention places as if I don't live in Lagos too.
The standard procedure of you're not aware if a police unit is attacked is to take cover, radio for support, before engaging the assailants and not your wishful Bruce Lee thinking. Chances are if a police checkpoint is attacked, the policemen on duty will first run for cover which is what most Nigerians see and term as cowardice. So get your facts right before defending nonsense

I insist police have no reason being armed with assault rifle for routine traffic duty. It's not even a stop and search!!

Okay it is clear you are ignorant and after confrontation instead of enlightenment, I asked you simple question you could not answer it rather you deflect and brought up more sentimental B.S. Now let me put you in your place since you want to make this about assault weapons instead of poor police training and reform. Would the lady that was killed still be alive if the officer fired a pistol instead of a rifle? The answer is NO unless you want to waste more time with ridiculous bullshit! Did you just say the standard procedure of police unit is to take cover rather than face/eliminate the threat? IS this written anywhere in their bylaws or is this another stat you pulled out of your ass?

Guy, na you dey argue with yourself, I am fully in support of police reform but offer solutions rather than blanket nonsensical statements, take away the assault rifles and replace it with what? Oh I get your point now, when it is routine duty they should leave their weapons at the station but when it is stop and search they should bring it? Perhaps you meant when they are attacked, they should run back to the station to grab their weapons and then face the threat....JOKER grin grin grin grin
Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by Larrykaysail(m): 9:43pm On Dec 28, 2022
Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by Reference(m): 10:35pm On Dec 28, 2022
abbey621:

Then when you're being robbed at gun point or touts starts slashing tires and breaking glass, would you want the police to come and save you? Perhaps you prefer to defend yourself? The solution is not removal of firearms but proper training and mandatory/on-going drug test and psych evaluation for officers.

No one is saying that policemen should not be armed but the use of a 'rifle' as the 'basic' weapon of choice for law enforcement is just callous and smacks of crass ignorance of ergonomics in weaponry which has resulted in terrible incidents and needless deaths in the context of defensive enforcement and offensive enforcement.

To start with, the AK has an overall length close to a metre. In a battlefield situation barrel length means a more accurate weapon over long distances of which the AK has an effective killing range of 350m. Of what purpose is that in an urban setting where the bulk of policing takes place. That is why most advanced police services the world over use shorter barelled weapons that are much easier to handle giving the bearer more freedom and dexterity with his hands. And where there are no immediate armed threats they are simply armed with pistols.

In defensive positions how many times have we seen policemen in VIP convoys, security details and even normal patrols struggle to get in and out of their vehicles with these 'long guns'. It is simply ridiculous. These weapons should only be made available in 'fire fights not hand held on the streets in everyday duties. They can be stored in their vans and trucks for emergencies or where absolutely necessary by an 'overwatch' officer not actively interrogating or making contact with a civilian.

In other climes where there are incidents requiring extra firepower on patrol you will never see those with the deadliest weaponry such as Special Weapons & Tactics 'pressing the flesh' or mixing it up with the general populace. This is left to the 'beat cops' who are lightly armed because they know the dangers posed by what they carry.

The 7.62mm round is no joke and in close quarters it will do severe, severe damage to anything pliable it hits. Accidentally or not the survival rate close up is practically zero. The government needs to re-evaluate its policing doctrine to save lives.

1 Like

Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by SamoraWarrior: 10:39pm On Dec 28, 2022
It's that all?
Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:40pm On Dec 28, 2022
abbey621:

Okay it is clear you are ignorant and after confrontation instead of enlightenment, I asked you simple question you could not answer it rather you deflect and brought up more sentimental B.S. Now let me put you in your place since you want to make this about assault weapons instead of poor police training and reform. Would the lady that was killed still be alive if the officer fired a pistol instead of a rifle? The answer is NO unless you want to waste more time with ridiculous bullshit! Did you just say the standard procedure of police unit is to take cover rather than face/eliminate the threat? IS this written anywhere in their bylaws or is this another stat you pulled out of your ass?

Guy, na you dey argue with yourself, I am fully in support of police reform but offer solutions rather than blanket nonsensical statements, take away the assault rifles and replace it with what? Oh I get your point now, when it is routine duty they should leave their weapons at the station but when it is stop and search they should bring it? Perhaps you meant when they are attacked, they should run back to the station to grab their weapons and then face the threat....JOKER grin grin grin grin
It's obvious you're ignorant
The lady has a higher chance of survival if she was shot by a pistol and not an AK-47. Go and find out. A pistol will release only one bullet per shot while an assault rifle like AK-47 which our police goes about with will release nothing less than three bullets going in different directions.
Besides, AK-47 is more prone to what is called accidental discharge and stray shot than a pistol. This facts are besides the fact that AK bullets are wider, heavier and have greater velocity than a pistol bullet.
I thought your father is a police officer. Why don't you ask him what is the standard if a police unit comes under fire from an ambush or a hit instead of arguing about what you obviously don't know. They are to take cover first and ask for backup. Not all this your nonsense of eliminating threat. It's even common sense. It's someone who is alive that can eliminate anything.
Lastly, the joke is on you who claims to be a child of a US police officer. Ask your father if he goes on patrol duty or traffic duty armed with an AK-47 or any assault rifle for that matter. Dude is even laughing at himself.
Abeg don't quote me again with your lies and ignorance..
Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by Agbegbaorogboye: 10:45pm On Dec 28, 2022
Reference:

No one is saying that policemen should not be armed but the use of a 'rifle' as the 'basic' weapon of choice for law enforcement is just callous and smacks of crass ignorance of ergonomics in weaponry which has resulted in terrible incidents and needless deaths in the context of defensive enforcement and offensive enforcement.

To start with, the AK has an overall length close to a metre. In a battlefield situation barrel length means a more accurate weapon over long distances of which the AK has an effective killing range of 350m. Of what purpose is that in an urban setting where the bulk of policing takes place. That is why most advanced police services the world over use shorter barelled weapons that are much easier to handle giving the bearer more freedom and dexterity with his hands. And where there are no immediate armed threats they are simply armed with pistols.

In defensive positions how many times have we seen policemen in VIP convoys, security details and even normal patrols struggle to get in and out of their vehicles with these 'long guns'. It is simply ridiculous. These weapons should only be made available in 'fire fights not hand held on the streets in everyday duties. They can be stored in their vans and trucks for emergencies or where absolutely necessary by an 'overwatch' officer not actively interrogating or making contact with a civilian.

In other climes where there are incidents requiring extra firepower on patrol you will never see those with the deadliest weaponry such as Special Weapons & Tactics 'pressing the flesh' or mixing it up with the general populace. This is left to the 'beat cops' who are lightly armed because they know the dangers posed by what they carry.

The 7.62mm round is no joke and in close quarters it will do severe, severe damage to anything pliable it hits. Accidentally or not the survival rate close up is practically zero. The government needs to re-evaluate its policing doctrine to save lives.
Don't mind the ignoramus.
He's an APC rat
They see everything through the lens of politics and start defending what they obviously know little to nothing about.
He was even bragging about his father being a US police officer
Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by rhames(m): 10:46pm On Dec 28, 2022
Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by tesppidd: 10:51pm On Dec 28, 2022
yerokunphilips:
In a saner climes the IG himself will resign .
I don't think there's any country on earth where the police murder her citizens like Nigeria. A friend ones said it's better you have argument with a mad man holding a gun ,than having a conversation (not argument )Nigeria police.

lol

In which saner clime will IG resign because of a corrupt cop or a criminal cop?
Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by abbey621(m): 10:53pm On Dec 28, 2022
Reference:

I agree with you and if this was the only argument made by that ignoramus I would oblige but his entire argument predicated on police not having weapons when on routine traffic stop. See below his comment:

Stop thinking like that. We all know the main reason they are on the road is to make money off motorists and not any of those excuses you're putting up. Most of the time, they are doing routine traffic duty like checking vehicle particulars and driver's license.
That's what I'm pointing out that you don't need a gun to do such duty and there are agencies with statutory duty to do such duties on the road without bearing arms.

And which tout will come out in the daytime to slash tires and break glasses of innocent people. Sofri sofri
Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by abbey621(m): 10:55pm On Dec 28, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

It's obvious you're ignorant
The lady has a higher chance of survival if she was shot by a pistol and not an AK-47. Go and find out. A pistol will release only one bullet per shot while an assault rifle like AK-47 which our police goes about with will release nothing less than three bullets going in different directions.
Besides, AK-47 is more prone to what is called accidental discharge and stray shot than a pistol. This facts are besides the fact that AK bullets are wider, heavier and have greater velocity than a pistol bullet.
I thought your father is a police officer. Why don't you ask him what is the standard if a police unit comes under fire from an ambush or a hit instead of arguing about what you obviously don't know. They are to take cover first and ask for backup. Not all this your nonsense of eliminating threat. It's even common sense. It's someone who is alive that can eliminate anything.
Lastly, the joke is on you who claims to be a child of a US police officer. Ask your father if he goes on patrol duty or traffic duty armed with an AK-47 or any assault rifle for that matter. Dude is even laughing at himself.
Abeg don't quote me again with your lies and ignorance..

No need to argue with you, you've clearly been watching too many movies, you keep mentioning standard procedure but have yet to show me where it is written, I should just take your word for it? Stop embarrassing yourself, we are talking about Nigerian police you're talking about backup.........Somebody get this nigga a clown mask grin grin grin grin
Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:02pm On Dec 28, 2022
abbey621:

I agree with you and if this was the only argument made by that ignoramus I would oblige but his entire argument predicated on police not having weapons when on routine traffic stop. See below his comment:

If you were not too dull for a human being, you will see the part you bolded where I stated that with the multiple agencies we have for road traffic, the police have no business with traffic duty in the first place. Not to mention the fact I've repeatedly told you a pistol should suffice for traffic duty.
Now that someone else has schooled you, you're clutching at straws to confuse yourself.
Abeg fuçk off!!
Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:04pm On Dec 28, 2022
abbey621:

No need to argue with you, you've clearly been watching too many movies, you keep mentioning standard procedure but have yet to show me where it is written, I should just take your word for it? Stop embarrassing yourself, we are talking about Nigerian police you're talking about backup.........Somebody get this nigga a clown mask grin grin grin grin
Oh I see you've dropped the argument on use of assault weapons for traffic duty since that other guy schooled you and you're now dwelling on police tactics.
Oga shift. You be muntula
Don't quote me again. You're too ignorant, empty and enjoy lying too much for my liking!!
Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by abbey621(m): 11:06pm On Dec 28, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

If you were not too dull for a human being, you will see the part you bolded where I stated that with the multiple agencies we have for road traffic, the police have no business with traffic duty in the first place. Not to mention the fact I've repeatedly told you a pistol should suffice for traffic duty.
Now that someone else has schooled you, you're clutching at straws to confuse yourself.
Abeg Bleep off!!

Where did you state pistol would suffice in your original argument? It is there for all to see abeg no go edit am, werey grin grin grin
Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by Agbegbaorogboye: 11:18pm On Dec 28, 2022
abbey621:

Where did you state pistol would suffice in your original argument? It is there for all to see abeg no go edit am, werey grin grin grin
Not my fault you're deficient in English comprehension coupled with your lying ability.
This was a post from you and this was my response. Now you're backtracking when you're beginning to realise how daft you sound.
Seems lying is in your blood
Agbegbaorogboye:

I don't care if your generation have worked in police in the US. You can't bamboozle anyone with that. No police in the US carries assault weapons on routine duty. If you don't know what routine duty entails, ask your father.
I'm sure if you ask the late lady your very irrelevant and superfluous question, her answer will be in the negative.
Go back and read and digest what I've been saying. Find out also what assault rifle means before jumping in to argue. Where did I say they shouldn't have any weapon? I specifically mentioned assault rifle because their damage is mostly fatal. So stop being clever by half.
Show with evidence five gun battles in Lagos this year between robbers and police. It's easy to mention places as if I don't live in Lagos too.
The standard procedure of you're not aware if a police unit is attacked is to take cover, radio for support, before engaging the assailants and not your wishful Bruce Lee thinking. Chances are if a police checkpoint is attacked, the policemen on duty will first run for cover which is what most Nigerians see and term as cowardice. So get your facts right before defending nonsense

I insist police have no reason being armed with assault rifle for routine traffic duty. It's not even a stop and search!!

abbey621:

Again you dodged the simple question, whether police is available or not is irrelevant, will you want the possibility of them saving you or no possibility at all? Next, I've lived in the USA for a long time now and had a father who was a member of the force, stop spewing fallacies here. The standard issued weapon will be drawn if the officer believes there's a reason to be suspicious or careful; e.g. tinted windows, reaching in your pockets, being erratic etc. You keep mentioning routine duty but it is during routine duties that most cops in the USA are attacked or killed. From serving a warrant to stopping a speeding driver, no be you go determine what an officer should carry along to protect him or herself.

Furthermore, I should clarify it is over 50 gun battles between police, robbers, touts, community clashes, hoodlums etc. In Mushin alone over 10 not to talk of Ajah area and other hot areas within the state. Alacara police station was almost burnt earlier this year because police got involved in touts fighting, again you only know what you know but don't mistake it for facts, you said it is foolishness for police to carry assault weapons but what should they protect themselves with? For the ones that follow the rule and don't misbehave what should they do when they are attacked by robbers or touts or ENDSARS hijackers/hoodlums? If your issue is the assault weapon say so and offer recommendations but if your stance is that they should have no weapons at all then my friend YOU DEY PLAY!
Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by Lekwandoskii(m): 12:04am On Dec 29, 2022
Get paid for sharing articles on Facebook. Don't just spend money running through Facebook, instead spend and earn whilst using the site...Follow the link below & start earning today �

https://buzz24.me/this-app-pays-you-to-share-articles-on-facebook?mbn=u07c8abb3e

Pls don't forget to share this link with your friends. Thanx �
Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by abbey621(m): 12:09am On Dec 29, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Not my fault you're deficient in English comprehension coupled with your lying ability.
This was a post from you and this was my response. Now you're backtracking when you're beginning to realise how daft you sound.
Seems lying is in your blood

Still you haven't shown where in your original post you mentioned repeatedly that pistol is okay, until you show me that you're just ranting like a buffoon, everything I said remains the same, no be you go tell police wetin dem fit carry to defend themselves, the law right now allows them to carry riffles if you no like am insist on your leaders to change the law, your useless ranting ain't gon solve shin shin.
Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by Gbemini(m): 2:29am On Dec 29, 2022
rayvelez:
Suspension keh make dem order thiefnub.u agberos to his house and burn down everything with his family nonsense....
only u have no sense here.
What a waste
Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by akanbiaa(m): 6:27am On Dec 29, 2022
omonnakoda:
How do you know he is a Christian?
Who ?
Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:24am On Dec 29, 2022
abbey621:

Still you haven't shown where in your original post you mentioned repeatedly that pistol is okay, until you show me that you're just ranting like a buffoon, everything I said remains the same, no be you go tell police wetin dem fit carry to defend themselves, the law right now allows them to carry riffles if you no like am insist on your leaders to change the law, your useless ranting ain't gon solve shin shin.
Lol. Look at this dafto.
English is your problem.
In sane climes, police don't carry assault weapons for traffic duty. That much is clear.
In Nigeria, we have multiple agencies saddled with traffic duty so police in Nigeria shouldn't even be doing traffic duty especially in low risk areas like Lagos. In Lagos, there's LASTMA, VIO and FRSC who are all for traffic management. None of them are armed and that has never prevented them from being effective at their jobs. That shows that the police don't even need to be armed to do traffic duty in a place like Lagos. That was the first point I made that you're too dumb to digest.
Secondly, even if they need to be armed, it should not be with an assault weapon. That's my second point to which you retorted that I can't decide for the police what to carry.
It's on that premise the other guy came in to correct you but here you are still saying nonsense.
You're calling for police reforms but still believe they should carry an assault rifle for routine traffic duty.
You're not smart at all.
Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by Ericsdm55(m): 8:37am On Dec 29, 2022
All we asked for is a speedy justice for the deceased
Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by IkhihibhojereC1: 9:06am On Dec 29, 2022
Our vote is for Jandor in Lagos state

1 Like

Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by SALIMAN(m): 10:22am On Dec 29, 2022
confusing name true true,
Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by abbey621(m): 3:20pm On Dec 29, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

Lol. Look at this dafto.
English is your problem.
In sane climes, police don't carry assault weapons for traffic duty. That much is clear.
In Nigeria, we have multiple agencies saddled with traffic duty so police in Nigeria shouldn't even be doing traffic duty especially in low risk areas like Lagos. In Lagos, there's LASTMA, VIO and FRSC who are all for traffic management. None of them are armed and that has never prevented them from being effective at their jobs. That shows that the police don't even need to be armed to do traffic duty in a place like Lagos. That was the first point I made that you're too dumb to digest.
Secondly, even if they need to be armed, it should not be with an assault weapon. That's my second point to which you retorted that I can't decide for the police what to carry.
It's on that premise the other guy came in to correct you but here you are still saying nonsense.
You're calling for police reforms but still believe they should carry an assault rifle for routine traffic duty.
You're not smart at all.

Professor, you still haven't shown where you specifically said they should replace the assault riffles with a pistol. I'm looking at your original comment right now, no mention of pistol, are you mad? Stop wasting my time with your useless rants, show me where you said pistol or forever hold your peace.
Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by Agbegbaorogboye: 5:51pm On Dec 29, 2022
abbey621:

Professor, you still haven't shown where you specifically said they should replace the assault riffles with a pistol. I'm looking at your original comment right now, no mention of pistol, are you mad? Stop wasting my time with your useless rants, show me where you said pistol or forever hold your peace.
It's not my fault you're dull at heart.
It's not my fault you're a lying ignorant biatch
Fuçk off
Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by abbey621(m): 6:50pm On Dec 29, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

It's not my fault you're dull at heart.
It's not my fault you're a lying ignorant biatch
Fuçk off

Werey Idumota, e pain am grin grin grin

Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by omonnakoda: 5:23pm On Dec 30, 2022
akanbiaa:
He is a Christian from Michika LGA in Adamawa state, same LGA with the current NDLEA boss and former Lagos State Military Administrator Mohammed Buba Marwa.
omonnakoda:
How do you know he is a Christian?
akanbiaa:
Who ?
Stupid question
Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by akanbiaa(m): 12:23am On Dec 31, 2022
omonnakoda:

Stupid question
Okay, went thru most of your post and saw you insult a lot either calling people stupid or liars , try to change that bad attitude, may Your Creator be with You.
Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by omonnakoda: 1:25am On Dec 31, 2022
akanbiaa:
Okay, went thru most of your post and saw you insult a lot either calling people stupid or liars , try to change that bad attitude, may Your Creator be with You.
shut up.didirin afofun mu'ko
Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by akanbiaa(m): 6:16am On Dec 31, 2022
omonnakoda:
You can only give what you have in excess, in your case I am merely a mirror to you so I can only pray you change for the better so you can get blessed good reflections of what you give out.
Re: Bolanle Raheem: IGP Recommends Suspension Of ASP Drambi Vandi by akanbiaa(m): 4:29pm On Jan 01, 2023
omonnakoda:
Wishing you happy new year and new positive things in your life which will also reflect with you saying positive things henceforth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Raises Alarm Over Dwindling Electricity Supply, Power Plants Shutdown / Oluomo-led Lagos Park Administration: Sanwo-olu To Appeal Judgement / Video: How Farouk Lawan Asked Reps To Remove Otedola From Probe Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.