Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,958 members, 7,828,389 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

Lagos Versus Anambra Under Tinubu And Obi; A Comparative Analysis - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Versus Anambra Under Tinubu And Obi; A Comparative Analysis (32097 Views)

Atiku Abubakar Wishes Peter Obi A Happy 61st Birthday / Nigerians Knock Mbaka For Calling Peter Obi A Stingy Man / Reno Omokri Reminds El-Rufai Of His Insult on Jesus as El-Rufai Calls Obi a Bigo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Versus Anambra Under Tinubu And Obi; A Comparative Analysis by lexy2014: 9:30am On Dec 29, 2022
patrickmuf:
Anambra is just a name but that place has been in existence since forever.

Also, do not discount the population demographics too, Lagos is way more populated thus it takes a lot more to govern the state in terms of resources and expertise compared to Anambra. It's like saying a man who earns 1m with 20 children is at an advantage point compared to a man who earns 70k and has just a child to carter for...

This is not me holding brief for Tinubu but stating the obvious...

It's because of it's population that it generates more revenue or does the revenue fall from heaven?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Versus Anambra Under Tinubu And Obi; A Comparative Analysis by Nobody: 9:30am On Dec 29, 2022
EXOUSIAng:
I didn't expect any different.
Despite the fact that the two governors after Obi have on several occasions stated that Obi never left $75M but left debt and Obi has never had the balls to challenge them. These slow pokes who don't even know the road to the government house keep saying otherwise.....
I wasn't expecting any different from "a racoon" anyways.... What else do they do but chew trash

Go and check NBS figures on Anambra even them noted it that Obi left Anambra in a strong financial position even you know that the statements not these governors is borne out of envy. But because of disinformation and propaganda you would prefer to believe their lies.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Versus Anambra Under Tinubu And Obi; A Comparative Analysis by Moh247: 9:30am On Dec 29, 2022
LionofAfrica1:
It's obvious your problem has always been the fact that, of all the presidential candidates, an Igbo man, Peter Obi, happens to be the most appealing and widely accepted by the majority of Nigerians. The truth is, if Tinubu, whom you are ready to lay down your miserable life for were to be an Igbo man, you still would have found millions of faults in him. Now, the questions is, will you prefer continuing in your life of misery instead of having an Igbo man as your president, even when he is certain to give you and your cohorts a good life ? Think about it.

The way and manner you Zombidiots jump on people's comment to allege all sorts of nonsense is appalling

You guys just constitute nuisance about thinking it's politics

O.P wanted a comparison I gave achievements of Tinubu without any mention of Igbo or Obi

You are here capping nonsense

Does your comment even sound reasonable to you

1 Like

Re: Lagos Versus Anambra Under Tinubu And Obi; A Comparative Analysis by Nobody: 9:31am On Dec 29, 2022
JAMO84:
Your pale no have sense

You still don't have sense

Re: Lagos Versus Anambra Under Tinubu And Obi; A Comparative Analysis by johnjose68: 9:31am On Dec 29, 2022
LionofAfrica1:
It's obvious your problem has always been the fact that, of all the presidential candidates, an Igbo man, Peter Obi, happens to be the most appealing and widely accepted by the majority of Nigerians. The truth is, if Tinubu, whom you are ready to lay down your miserable life for were to be an Igbo man, you still would have found millions of faults in him. Now, the questions is, will you prefer continuing in your life of misery instead of having an Igbo man as your president, even when he is certain to give you and your cohorts a good life ? Think about it.

The truth is: Obi lamba is not a Nigerian. Come and prove me wrong grin
Re: Lagos Versus Anambra Under Tinubu And Obi; A Comparative Analysis by olatuns2017: 9:31am On Dec 29, 2022
jamace:

Keep on supporting Yekini Amoda Ogunlere from Iragbiji, Osun State. Late Mrs Bola Tinubu, whose identity and certificates, is stolen by your criminal mentor is resting in the grave.

It's because you are fooling ur dead brain.

Let even assumed Iya loja of Lagos adopted Tinubu when he was a small boy?

What's you dad problem with adoption

Go and tell ExxonMobil not to pay his pension

Cow

1 Like

Re: Lagos Versus Anambra Under Tinubu And Obi; A Comparative Analysis by Nobody: 9:32am On Dec 29, 2022
Moh247:

I think hate is beclouding you

I clearly typed LGA fund been withheld

LGA stands for Local Government Authority you are still here qouting me falsely

Oga it is not hate. Tell me is it a lie do you want me to produce links to show everyone on nairaland the truth about those allocations held by Obasanjo?
Re: Lagos Versus Anambra Under Tinubu And Obi; A Comparative Analysis by nesphil(m): 9:32am On Dec 29, 2022
Akwa Ibom State Government under Obong Victor Attah built the first state own IPP in Nigeria.

Moh247:
cool

1999 to 2007 Tinubu Governed Lagos
2007 to 2014 Obi Governed Anambra

Lagos stopped being Federal Capital over 30 years ago
Anambra became a state over 30 years ago

Lagos was commercial capital of Western region
Onitsha was the cormercial capital of Eastern region for years

Questions would be asked on Education Tinubu paying for WAEC, building Millennium Schools, Reducing LASU tuition

On health care, the Number of primary health care center built even people from neighboring states travel to use Lagos centers

On electricity , Tinubu was the first Governor to build a State owned power plant

Security, Tinubu Started Rapid Response Squad with dedicated toll free number 112

On Transport, Tinubu started LAGBOAT,BRT and Lag Cab

Tinubu paid Highest Salary to workers without ever owing a Kobo

Lagos Atlantic city was a PPP started by Tinubu and the Chaigaoury brothers... This manmade island is about to house best US embassy in Africa

Funny enough Lagos doesn't recieve any special allocation, PDP under Obasanjo withheld Lagos LGA fund yet Tinubu performed

Re: Lagos Versus Anambra Under Tinubu And Obi; A Comparative Analysis by Benmob: 9:33am On Dec 29, 2022
Thepotterman:
What's all this now, who dey compare Lagos to anambra, Shai what a downgrade to the big city, anambra should be compare with ogun, kano and not Lagos
Anambra state na baby to Lagos,but with d former capital of nigeria,Gdp,d state that have d highest headquarters of company, richest and biggest seaport in nigeria.
Lagos suppose to compare with Johannesburg and camptown in south Africa, but it still disappointment that lagos is still far behind them. That is d only thing I like from d girl word.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Versus Anambra Under Tinubu And Obi; A Comparative Analysis by tollyboy5(m): 9:33am On Dec 29, 2022
RealLagosBoy:

I have Google that's why i googled and found Peter Obi's pictures commissioning a project.

But when I searched for Tinubu pictures commissioning a project it showed Error 404.
Since you're using chinko customized Biafra phone, I understand.

Let me help you with a normal phone.

Obi never built any school like dis grin

Re: Lagos Versus Anambra Under Tinubu And Obi; A Comparative Analysis by jamace(m): 9:33am On Dec 29, 2022
olatuns2017:

What did a Christian VP do to make your life better?

Do you know the PM of UK is not a christain or Muslim?

But you want nigeria to be like UK in 4 yrs?

In Nigeria all the southern Govs are christains....do that make any difference in governance

Your head must be foolishly thinking nonsense
Or stop working righly

Religion has nothing to do with Governance.

Religious bigots !
These are what religion does in governance, using Shetima as governor of Bornu State as an example.

SOME EVIL DEEDS AGAINST CHRISTIANITY BY GOVERNOR SHETIMA

1. Shettima stopped the study of Christian Religious studies in Borno state schools when he was the governor of the state.

2. Shettima withdrew CofO of lands belonging to churches in Borno state.

3. Shetima limited numbers of christian students from gaining admission into universities, deny them the opportunity even when they merited it.

4. Shettima founded and funded boko haram.

5. Shetima orchestrated the kidnap of chibok girls and thereafter promoted the Principal of the school to a Commissioner in the state.

Don't think you are voting for Tinubu, Tinubu is at the cross road, holding the ticket for the terrorist Shettima.
Christians, please shine your eyes.

VOTE PETER OBI TO RESCUE NIGERIA

Re: Lagos Versus Anambra Under Tinubu And Obi; A Comparative Analysis by johnjose68: 9:34am On Dec 29, 2022
jamace:

Keep on supporting Yekini Amoda Ogunlere from Iragbiji, Osun State. Late Mrs Bola Tinubu, whose identity and certificates, is stolen by your criminal mentor is resting in the grave.

Have you tried to find out if you are a product of baby factory �

Don't throw stone ooo.
Re: Lagos Versus Anambra Under Tinubu And Obi; A Comparative Analysis by Nobody: 9:34am On Dec 29, 2022
gigabyte13:
Lagosians not Anambrans knew what Oshodi, Mushin, and other places were before 1999, despite being the capital of Lagos.
See what Lagos is now and more to come.
No dey compare Nonsense...
Person wey pass you pass you

It was fashola and Ambode that revamped Oshodi it was never Tinubu make we take am easy to dey lie on nairaland.
Re: Lagos Versus Anambra Under Tinubu And Obi; A Comparative Analysis by tollyboy5(m): 9:34am On Dec 29, 2022
RealLagosBoy:

I have Google that's why i googled and found Peter Obi's pictures commissioning a project.

But when I searched for Tinubu pictures commissioning a project it showed Error 404.
Racoon don't forget one of obi's biggest project. Akwuzu massacre

1 Like

Re: Lagos Versus Anambra Under Tinubu And Obi; A Comparative Analysis by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 29, 2022
DesignMaestro:
This is an insult! What sort of nonsense thread is this? Aren't you embarrassed to put this kind of topic on public forum?

Tinubu Vs Obi, what an embarrassment?!
C'mon sharrap
Re: Lagos Versus Anambra Under Tinubu And Obi; A Comparative Analysis by nostradamoss: 9:36am On Dec 29, 2022
Moh247:
cool

Questions would be asked on Education Tinubu paying for WAEC, building Millennium Schools, Reducing LASU tuition

On health care, the Number of primary health care center built even people from neighboring states travel to use Lagos centers

On electricity , Tinubu was the first Governor to build a State owned power plant

Security, Tinubu Started Rapid Response Squad with dedicated toll free number 112

Lagos Atlantic city was a PPP started by Tinubu and the Chaigaoury brothers... This manmade island is about to house best US embassy in Africa

Funny enough Lagos doesn't recieve any special allocation, PDP under Obasanjo withheld Lagos LGA fund yet Tinubu performed

He performed from the money he stole from Lagos
Wake up and stop fooling yourself
Re: Lagos Versus Anambra Under Tinubu And Obi; A Comparative Analysis by Nobody: 9:36am On Dec 29, 2022
manyus:

Thank you. Please tell them.Ethnic bigotry has enter some people so tey, they can not reason again. How can you vote a clueless man who doesn't understand left from right?. You want to put us into darkness again ?!!!

But you are in darkness right now it is not like you are in the light at the moment, so what in the world are you saying?
Re: Lagos Versus Anambra Under Tinubu And Obi; A Comparative Analysis by Moh247: 9:36am On Dec 29, 2022
obynzo:

Oga it is not hate. Tell me is it a lie do you want me to produce links to show everyone on nairaland the truth about those allocations held by Obasanjo?

I really don't get your argument

I said Obasanjo withheld LGA funds

You also said you have links of Obasanjo's withhelding LGA fund

What seem to be the argument here
Re: Lagos Versus Anambra Under Tinubu And Obi; A Comparative Analysis by Tflex01: 9:37am On Dec 29, 2022
GloriousGbola:
So - based on this treatise who is more qualified to govern Nigeria -

A man who governed a cosmopolitan state, a melting pot, a state with a centuries old history

Or a man who governed a mono ethnic backwater civil service toddler state?

That is why every right thinking persons believe that Tinubu is better by all indices.
Re: Lagos Versus Anambra Under Tinubu And Obi; A Comparative Analysis by sonso: 9:37am On Dec 29, 2022
Moh247:
cool

Why wrestling with pigs?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Versus Anambra Under Tinubu And Obi; A Comparative Analysis by olatuns2017: 9:38am On Dec 29, 2022
jamace:

It shows you lack knowledge to say Tinubu never wrote a book

Some of you unfortunate children from bad parenting lacks basic historical truth

All you do is follow ritualists online

Us ur google or rad wide

Maybe

You don't even know you can achieve acadamic success in Nigeria without going to university!

Some people have degree/bsc without going to university!

Re: Lagos Versus Anambra Under Tinubu And Obi; A Comparative Analysis by nostradamoss: 9:38am On Dec 29, 2022
Racoon:
https://twitter.com/Cherylking007/status/1601238562015707136?t=ruGlraGJJBxjwgmozT1-Zg&s=08

Only idiots will vote theifnibu and shame on any young foolish Nigerian that supports him

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Versus Anambra Under Tinubu And Obi; A Comparative Analysis by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:38am On Dec 29, 2022
obynzo:

You don't even know how to lie. Come up with something better all these paid propagandists self
So can u tell me which is the lie, growing up in lagos or working in Anambra

1 Like

Re: Lagos Versus Anambra Under Tinubu And Obi; A Comparative Analysis by searchlight: 9:38am On Dec 29, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:
Stop comparing gold with wood!

It’s a ridicule comparing Asiwaju’s accomplishment with that of the political minion called Peter!

When we ask what about what Peter did in 8 years, it’s always saddening to see some unscrupulous lots say, he saved money!

Nothing visible in Anambra for 8 years as a Governor outside loot pipelines being constructed from Anambra State treasury to safe havens. Or they tell you about WAEC result which students individually read for, and try to sound as if Peter invested in their brains. Did Anambra have the best result throughout the 8 years of his administration? Just for one year and they celebrate it like Anambra state won the FIFA World Cup.

Obiano ruled for 8 years and achievements are visible. Ganduje of Kano, Umahi of Ebonyi and Sanwolu of Lagos are reasonable benchmarks to score Peter, and he still does not come close!

On any standards that can be used to judge performance, Peter would score 0 in all.
mentioning PO where TINUBU is mentioned is unfair. How can you mention a hardened criminal, a drug baron, and a man who has no academic background, family background and to mention but a few alongside a good man with clean records? TINUBU should be mentioned alongside Ibori, Alamaysya, Jonny Nyame and other crooks alike. Mention PO alongside people like Donald Duke, people who worked for their people with sincerity and never wanted anything from their state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Versus Anambra Under Tinubu And Obi; A Comparative Analysis by Nobody: 9:39am On Dec 29, 2022
Moh247:

I really don't get your argument

I said Obasanjo withheld LGA funds

You also said you have links of Obasanjo's withhelding LGA fund

What seem to be the argument here

See Oga stop playing smart here. When FG shares funds it is in two parts the FAAC allocation is for states, while the JAAC is for local governments. Now Obasanjo in 2004 held back the JAAC allocation for Lagos because Tinubu in a bid to fraudulently increase Local government allocation created LCDAs albeit unlawfully.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Versus Anambra Under Tinubu And Obi; A Comparative Analysis by jamace(m): 9:40am On Dec 29, 2022
johnjose68:

Have you tried to find out if you are a product of baby factory �

Don't throw stone ooo.
Counter my facts and stop resorting to insult, empty skull.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Versus Anambra Under Tinubu And Obi; A Comparative Analysis by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 29, 2022
Moh247:

That's because Federal Government controls electricity

Lagos IPP project was handed over to FG and serves our National Grid

Hahaha another lie again. Take it easy with these lies naaaa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Versus Anambra Under Tinubu And Obi; A Comparative Analysis by Blazebond(m): 9:40am On Dec 29, 2022
Peter obi biggest achievement is him claiming that he saved money as a governor,and even that claim have been found out to be false,the job of the government is not in saving money,it is to make the life of the citizens and residents of that state better through infrastructural developments in health care, education,housing,power and security etc,can most of you hailing Peter obi come out and say this is Peter obi legacy project in ANAMBRA state during his tenure,the man had issues with health workers,teachers and also was a mini dictator and most of you from that state that are on this forum cited all these instances many years ago,so why the turn around now?Peter obi refused to commit to any legacy project like independent power plants,port construction,rail line and ordinary flyovers that wike is using to shine up and down today,Peter refused to spend money on such,Peter obi is not a man with vision,if he miraculously wins,he is going to be a huge disappointment and you all will regret it,he couldn't perform as a state governor from a rich state like Anambra and now you think he will work magics in a complex situation as Nigerian president with almost zero numbers in the national assembly and maybe not even a governor from his party hmmmmm he would be roasted alive by the dominant parties and he won't have any choice but to bend to their whims,you all should vote wisely o.
Re: Lagos Versus Anambra Under Tinubu And Obi; A Comparative Analysis by olaolulazio(m): 9:40am On Dec 29, 2022
Moh247:
cool

you will never fall bro
Re: Lagos Versus Anambra Under Tinubu And Obi; A Comparative Analysis by tollyboy5(m): 9:41am On Dec 29, 2022
obynzo:

It was fashola and Ambode that revamped Oshodi it was never Tinubu make we take am easy to dey lie on nairaland.
Don't even try to compare tinubu to obi. Why did obiano not continue obi's failed monorail?

https://twitter.com/AkinWAdedotun/status/1601805482838065152?t=rEiWwGHjEAKiDeUmh6I4DA&s=19

https://twitter.com/AkinWAdedotun/status/1601807491678994432?t=ZNuXr7k-hOXlRwJ7mPnnxw&s=19
Re: Lagos Versus Anambra Under Tinubu And Obi; A Comparative Analysis by kinokano(m): 9:41am On Dec 29, 2022
Janajack:
PETER OBI VS TINUBU:

Two men were governors, Asiwaju Bola TINUBU in Lagos State and Peter Obi in Anambra .

BOLA TINUBU;
Towards the end of their second term, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu in Lagos sent his retirement bill and got his House of Assembly to approve what you see below as his yearly pension.

1. 300% annual salary as severance package as approved by RMAFAC.

2. 100% of annual basic salary of incumbent gov as salary for LIFE even after leaving office.

3. Six new cars every 3 years

4. A new house in Lagos, minimum 5 bedroom

5. A new house in Abuja or any other location, minimum 5 bedroom.

6. Free medical care for him and members of his family for life.

7. Entitled to cooks, stewards, Gardners, and domestic staffs, all pensionable.

8. 300% of his annual basic salary as governor every 2 years as furniture allowance

9. 100% of annual basic salary as governor as his house maintenance allowance

10. Two DSS officers, 1 female officer for his wife and eight policemen to guard him.

11. 25% of his annual basic salary for personal assistants.

12. 30% of his annual basic salary for car maintenance .

13. 20% of his annual basic salary as utilities maintenance.

14. Pensionable drivers, no limits to the number.

This is apart from what Bola TINUBU gets as a percentage of collections from Alpha Beta for tax collections for Lagos State and the total control he has over the governor and the treasury.

PETER OBI;
But see what Peter Obi collects from Anambra State since leaving office as governor:

1. No gratuity

2. No pensions

3. No houses

4. No cars

5. No allowances of any kind

6. No maintenances of any kind.

7. No personal assistants paid by the state.

8. No domestic staffs paid by the state.

9. No aids sponsored by the state.

10. Not even pure water.

11. No shishi from the State.

12. No landed property

13. No trace of any form of corruption on him till date

14. He's still using his personal money to pay school fees for some children of the poor till date.

Now the two men want to be president.

So choose you today who means well for Nigeria and who will serve the people selflessly.

VOTE WISELY.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

El-rufai: Kaduna Has More Gold Than S’africa / Buhari Backs Keyamo On 774,000 Jobs / Is This What We Spent Billions To Do? Obi Condemns Conduct Of Election (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.