Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,845 members, 7,828,076 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

Why Can't God Just Forgive.... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Can't God Just Forgive.... (1352 Views)

Why Can't God Kill Satan Once And For All / Why Can't God Protect Northern Christians From Jihadists / Why Can't God Predict Bet9ja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Can't God Just Forgive.... by AntiChristian: 8:11am On Dec 29, 2022
Why can't God just forgive Adam instead of the longer process of wasting blood of animals and then that of his son?

1 Like

Re: Why Can't God Just Forgive.... by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:25am On Dec 29, 2022
AntiChristian:

Why can't God just forgive Adam instead of the longer process of wasting blood of animals and then that of his son?

Ask prophet Ibrahim! wink
Re: Why Can't God Just Forgive.... by Dtruthspeaker: 8:37am On Dec 29, 2022
AntiChristian:

Forgiveness comes before Judgement and not after judgement.

Adam should have acknowledged his wrongdoing rather than defend it nor make it worse by blaming God, for it.

He used his own hands and mouth to destroy himself.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't God Just Forgive.... by AntiChristian: 8:38am On Dec 29, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Ask prophet Ibrahim! wink

I'm not asking a watchtower liar before!
Re: Why Can't God Just Forgive.... by HellVictorinho6(m): 8:39am On Dec 29, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Forgiveness comes before Judgement not after.

Adam should have acknowledged his wrongdoing rather than defend it and made it worse by blaming God, The Judge for it.

Spits

1 Like

Re: Why Can't God Just Forgive.... by Dtruthspeaker: 8:45am On Dec 29, 2022
HellVictorinho6:

Spits

Makes no difference. The Judgement Enforcers will still come to take you away while a fresh charge of Contempt of Court and defilement of Court would be preferred against you, so that their punishments would be added to your other punishments. Fool.
Re: Why Can't God Just Forgive.... by HellVictorinho6(m): 8:48am On Dec 29, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Makes no difference. The Judgement Enforcers will still come to take you away while a fresh charge of Contempt of Court and defilement of Court would be preferred against you, so that their punishments would be added to your other punishments. Fool.

Bury me already..... what will he that consumed me gain?
Re: Why Can't God Just Forgive.... by AntiChristian: 8:49am On Dec 29, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Forgiveness comes before Judgement and not after judgement.

Adam should have acknowledged his wrongdoing rather than defend it nor make it worse by blaming God, for it.

Where was the law for him to follow?

A merciful God should give laws before punishment! Thou shall not blame God! Thou should acknowledge your wrong!

Where was it plainly stated?
Re: Why Can't God Just Forgive.... by Dtruthspeaker: 9:09am On Dec 29, 2022
AntiChristian:

A merciful God should give laws before punishment! ...

grin A person can not be convicted if there is No Law! So where is The Law? (Thank God you asked! grin)

AntiChristian:

Where was the law for him to follow?
Simple.

THE LAW OF "OBEY MY VOICE" (COMMAND) (Exodus 19:5 "Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed..."wink

WHEN GOD SPEAKS, LAW COMES OUT

https://www.nairaland.com/6625238/every-word-god-law-commandment

https://www.nairaland.com/7480650/knows-greatest-highest-commandment

Which is revealed in God's judgement in Genesis 3:17

And unto Adam HE SAID, (gheghen-ghenghen, judgement don land) Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee,
SAYING,
Thou shalt not eat of it".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Can't God Just Forgive.... by matrixme(m): 9:12am On Dec 29, 2022
AntiChristian:
The concept of forgiveness of sins postdated the era of Adam. There was no principle that backs forgiveness of sin or replacement via one form or another. The whole process of forgiveness took many generations to perfect. So Adam and Eve were meant to obey God hook, line and sinker without questions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Can't God Just Forgive.... by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:16am On Dec 29, 2022
AntiChristian:

I'm not asking a watchtower liar before!

But Ibrahim should help you out nah! cheesy
Re: Why Can't God Just Forgive.... by Steep(m): 9:25am On Dec 29, 2022
AntiChristian:
A judge can not just let a criminal go just because he begged, a righteous Judge would sentence the criminal according to his crime as stated by the law and not bend to emotions. God is the ultimate judge and he judges righteously therefore the price of sin must be paid in full.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Can't God Just Forgive.... by Ken4Christ: 9:30am On Dec 29, 2022
AntiChristian:

Why can't universities give certificate when you fail exam?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't God Just Forgive.... by Dtruthspeaker: 9:31am On Dec 29, 2022
matrixme:

The concept of forgiveness of sins postdated the era of Adam. There was no principle that backs forgiveness of sin or replacement via one form or another. The whole process of forgiveness took many generations to perfect. So Adam and Eve were meant to obey God hook, line and sinker without questions

Wrong! Forgiveness was there but Adam did not cash it. He did exactly what stupid people do when their crimes catch up to them.
Re: Why Can't God Just Forgive.... by AntiChristian: 9:33am On Dec 29, 2022
Ken4Christ:

Why can't universities give certificate when you fail exam?

An exam failed without lecture or training! Is that really an exam?

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't God Just Forgive.... by Dtruthspeaker: 9:35am On Dec 29, 2022
Steep:
A judge can not just let a criminal go just because he begged, a righteous Judge would sentence the criminal according to his crime as stated by the law and not bend to emotions. God is the ultimate judge and he judges righteously therefore the price of sin must be paid in full.

Wrong a judge can!

However, can/does a criminal qualify for it?

There are many other "just-ises" to be considered and settled before they can qualify eg the type of crime committed, the severity of it, the number of times committed, the party or parties harmed by it etc
Re: Why Can't God Just Forgive.... by AntiChristian: 9:45am On Dec 29, 2022
Steep:

Adam is the criminal here right?

Where's the law he was judged with?
In Genesis 38, Judah committed harlotry impregnating his daughter in law.

Where did the judge punish the criminals?

The offspring were the ancestors of Jesus!

1 Like

Re: Why Can't God Just Forgive.... by Steep(m): 9:49am On Dec 29, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Wrong a judge can!

However, can/does a criminal qualify for it?

There are many other "just-ises" to be considered and settled before they can qualify eg the type of crime committed, the severity of it, the number of times committed, the party or parties harmed by it etc
Human justice maybe imperfect but God's own is perfect. A perfect God cannot tolerate imperfection but humans can that is why human justices has those conditions and clauses.
Re: Why Can't God Just Forgive.... by advocatejare(m): 9:52am On Dec 29, 2022
AntiChristian:
Allah made Adam sin

Allah had sealed adams fate before he was created
According to Islam’s teachings, Allah’s wish is for humans to commit sin.

Allah was the one that destined Adam to commit the sin of disobedience as Adam was destined by Allah to commit sin 40 years before Adam was even created.

Sahih al-Bukhari 6614
Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "Adam and Moses argued with each other. Moses said to Adam. 'O Adam! You are our father who disappointed us and turned us out of Paradise.' Then Adam said to him, 'O Moses! Allah favored you with His talk (talked to you directly) and He wrote (the Torah) for you with His Own Hand. Do you blame me for action which Allah had written in my fate forty years before my creation?' So Adam confuted Moses, Adam confuted Moses," the Prophet added, repeating the Statement three times.

So Allah is actually responsible for introducing sin into the world. Why then did Allah punish Adam for what the same Allah made him do?

Allah so much takes delight in sins that Muhammad told us that if humans refuse to commit sins, Allah will sweep them out of existence and replace them with those that will do his bidding of committing sins:

Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) having said: By Him in Whose Hand is my life, if you were not to commit sin, Allah would sweep you out of existence and He would replace (you by) those people who would commit sin and seek forgiveness from Allah, and He would have pardoned them.
-Sahih Muslim 2749

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't God Just Forgive.... by Steep(m): 9:57am On Dec 29, 2022
AntiChristian:

Where's the law he was judged with?
In Genesis 38, Judah committed harlotry impregnating his daughter in law.

Where did the judge punish the criminals?

The offspring were the ancestors of Jesus!

Not just Adam anybody that commits sin is a criminal before God even if human system does not recognize it.

Judah sinned just like everyone else and everyone is already under the penalty of death .
When God pronounced death on Adam he pronounced death on all sinners including Judah.

Jesus didn't have a human father so Jesus is exempted. That is why Jesus is the perfect saviour.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Can't God Just Forgive.... by Dtruthspeaker: 9:58am On Dec 29, 2022
Steep:
Human justice maybe imperfect but God's own is perfect. A perfect God cannot tolerate imperfection but humans can that is why human justices has those conditions and clauses.

God is the Origin of "Just is" and Law and all "Just is" come from Him. "Human justice is what I call legal and legal is not Law neither can it do "Just is".

https://www.nairaland.com/6539334/true-origin-law-hidden-truths

So I do not subscribe to legal and not a legaler but I subscribe to Law and law'er. And Law comes from God, which is where I speak from.

So, I am speaking from the perfect just is which God gives!
Re: Why Can't God Just Forgive.... by AntiChristian: 9:58am On Dec 29, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

But Ibrahim should help you out nah! cheesy

K watchtower liar
Re: Why Can't God Just Forgive.... by Dtruthspeaker: 10:01am On Dec 29, 2022
AntiChristian:

Where's the law he was judged with...

I told you, The Law of Obey my Voice

And unto Adam HE SAID, (gheghen-ghenghen, judgement don land) Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee,
SAYING,
Thou shalt not eat of it"
Re: Why Can't God Just Forgive.... by AntiChristian: 10:04am On Dec 29, 2022
matrixme:

Good!
But God is forgiving, loving and merciful! Why didn't he forgive them?

1 Like

Re: Why Can't God Just Forgive.... by Dtruthspeaker: 10:04am On Dec 29, 2022
HellVictorinho6:

Bury me already..... what will he that consumed me gain?

Permanent removal and destruction of all evil bastards like you from among the living.
Re: Why Can't God Just Forgive.... by HellVictorinho6(m): 10:09am On Dec 29, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Permanent removal and destruction of all evil bastards like you from among the living.

If he doesn't do it now...,then he is the greatest bastard.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't God Just Forgive.... by AntiChristian: 10:11am On Dec 29, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

grin A person can not be convicted if there is No Law! So where is The Law? (Thank God you asked! grin)

THE LAW OF "OBEY MY VOICE" (COMMAND) (Exodus 19:5 "Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed..."wink

WHEN GOD SPEAKS, LAW COMES OUT

https://www.nairaland.com/6625238/every-word-god-law-commandment

https://www.nairaland.com/7480650/knows-greatest-highest-commandment

SAYING,
Thou shalt not eat of it".

You said Adam should have acknowledged his wrongdoing instead of blaming God!

Which law states that as a crime for Adam?
Re: Why Can't God Just Forgive.... by AntiChristian: 10:13am On Dec 29, 2022
Steep:
Not just Adam anybody that commits sin is a criminal before God even if human system does not recognize it.

Judah sinned just like everyone else and everyone is already under the penalty of death .
When God produced death on Adam he produced death on all sinners including Judah.

Jesus didn't have a human father so Jesus is exempted. That is why Jesus is the perfect saviour.

This is not what you were asked!
Re: Why Can't God Just Forgive.... by Ken4Christ: 10:39am On Dec 29, 2022
AntiChristian:

An exam failed without lecture or training! Is that really an exam?

You didn't answer my question. I have taken exams without lecture and still had the best results.
Re: Why Can't God Just Forgive.... by AntiChristian: 10:42am On Dec 29, 2022
Ken4Christ:

You didn't answer my question. I have taken exams without lecture and still had the best results.

All exams has a syllabus!
You were knowledgeable already before the exam! Was Adam having any prior example or knowledge?
Your analogy doesn't fit in!

2 Likes

Re: Why Can't God Just Forgive.... by Ken4Christ: 10:57am On Dec 29, 2022
AntiChristian:

All exams has a syllabus!
You were knowledgeable already before the exam! Was Adam having any prior example or knowledge?
Your analogy doesn't fit in!

I read through myself. It was a mechanical engineering degree programme.

Adam was told of the consequences if he eats the forbidden fruit. So, he sinned wilfully.
Re: Why Can't God Just Forgive.... by matrixme(m): 11:04am On Dec 29, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Wrong! Forgiveness was there but Adam did not cash it. He did exactly what stupid people do when their crimes catch up to them.
You're the wrong one. There was no provision for forgiveness those times, just as there was for Lucifer. What is forgiveness anyway? It's a medium by which someone sins is transmitted unto another through a mystery. The concept of forgiveness began during the era of the law and the prophets, when God brought the Israelites together and gave them laws. Before Jesus, forgiveness is done by prophetic rituals.
To further buttress this, why didn't God forgive Cain after he killed Abel? After all Abel went to God after killing his brother and may have shown guilt after seeing the repercussion of his action.
Please read this article
https://christiancourier.com/articles/was-there-forgiveness-under-the-law-of-moses

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Login And Get 2024 Jamb Expo Using CBT Answer Viewer, Open Ques & Ans / Creation Of The Universe Or Creation Of Man / Passion And Zeal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.