Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,396 members, 7,853,759 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:32 PM

Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV (23006 Views)

Chelsea Officially Sign Striker David Datro Fofana From Molde / Liverpool officially reach an agreement with PSV to sign Cody Gakpo / Chelsea Sign Forward Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang From Barcelona (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by SMARTMOTORS(m): 4:07pm On Dec 29, 2022
dochenaj:
Nunez has only been playing for a few months, you can't call him a flop.
oga how many months way Halaand don play for city or Mane for Bayern or even his Colobiam brother Luiz Diaz for Liverpool....A good striker needs no time to prove him self
Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by SMARTMOTORS(m): 4:09pm On Dec 29, 2022
drsibz66:

He is better than all man utd attackers this season Go and check his stats for Liverpool. And don't forget this is his first season. Will only get better.
Lol this laughable! Someone that wasted open net chances like yakubu ayegbemi against City is better all man u strikers....Lol
Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by bolyviz(m): 4:26pm On Dec 29, 2022
Walahi, Man utd na original WERE
Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by CodeTemplar: 4:35pm On Dec 29, 2022
Business2023:
I need 1million naira to support my crumbling business, whether Inform of loan or assistance.
I have the Faith and i believe that God can touch just one person heart here on nairaland to assist me in life.
The is my email address:
businessdealer2005@gmail.com
Your faith is violent o.

1m Naira.
Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by drsibz66(m): 4:36pm On Dec 29, 2022
nesgeeek:
b Antony is better than Gakpo. Antony can play both right and left wing. I also like gakpo but Antony is the best among them.

Bros go and watch them play in the previous league and come and respond again. Anthony shows skills and fancy football that majority of Leeds to nothing. You see that boy Gakpo is a proper baller direct , effective , with good shot and precision
Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by drsibz66(m): 4:40pm On Dec 29, 2022
SMARTMOTORS:
oga how many months way Halaand don play for city or Mane for Bayern or even his Colobiam brother Luiz Diaz for Liverpool....A good striker needs no time to prove him self

So 5 goals and 2 assistant in 10 premier game and 3 goals and 1 assist in 6 champions league games for Liverpool that has been general poor this season is flop. Sometimes people just use words without knowing the meaning. Or you hear person talk am so u self talk am.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by wonder233: 4:44pm On Dec 29, 2022
Its surprising what folks like you refer to as "ageing". The ages of 28-35 are the peak strength of a professional footballer. Messi, Ronaldo, Lewandowski, Drogba, Inzaghi etc at 29 were the Lords of the game. Who should lead the line in a team? A 24year old? Whose bones and strength core hasn't developed to its peak? No! You need a 28-35yr old who is a complete package of youth, skill, strength and maturity. The 24yr old isn't faster than the 34yr old. If you doubt, go and set Vardy against any one of your choice and see. This age-shaming stereotype is killing the game, making talents we ought to enjoy a lot longer retire prematurely. I remember people like Luis Figo and co play up to ripe ages before retiring. Nowadays, a mere 29 year old is being called "ageing". Soon, the bar will shift to 25, then, 20...till you will only accept toddlers to play football
AreaFada2:

Mane wanted to return to Germany. A good move for his career at 29. A slower league with last chance to cash out big.

LFC could not afford two ageing stars in Salah and Mane on around £18 to 20m salary. Mane leaving made the choice of Salah easier. Remember that European clubs always doubt the football age of Sub-Saharan Africans. E22m salary is a gamble for Bayern at this point.

Mane deserved around 200 to 250k weekly since around 2018 at LFC. I think his agent did a bad job.
Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by drsibz66(m): 4:45pm On Dec 29, 2022
SMARTMOTORS:
Lol this laughable! Someone that wasted open net chances like yakubu ayegbemi against City is better all man u strikers....Lol

Anybody can have a bad day as a striker even the haaland missed lots of chances in the first game against Liverpool in the corabo Cup. And nunez shined. Score 1 and had 1 assist in the 15mins he played as sub.

Nunes has 5 goals and 3 assist in 10 Premier games, 3 goals and 1assist in 6 champions league matches for Liverpool that hasn't been very good this season.

How many goals does man utd highest goal scorer have. Should I tell u? Go and. Check.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by mayor1814: 4:53pm On Dec 29, 2022
Every EPL club is strengthening its squad this season. This season is going to be very interesting. Arsenal are really determined this season. And players such as Saka, Martinelli, Odegard, Ramsdale etc are really pushing them to what will likely be their first premier league title since 2004. If Arsenal can survive January / February, they are good to go.

Man utd is getting back their groove and spark gradually. And they have a no-nonsense coach that really looks serious and determined with his project with Man utd.

Will Newcastle be the new Leicester City of 2016? it's a big question begging for an answer. This Newcastle squad is always playing with confidence that is typical of a big club and they are not backing out of the fight for the EPL title.

Man city is also there. A force to reckon with any time , any day. Mahrez, De Bruyne, Haaland, Gundogan, Rodrigo, Foden etc are enough weapons to get back the title.

As for Liverpool, they have a lot of work to do despite their exciting signing but they are equal to the challenge. The team has depth. As for Chelsea, they are going through a difficult time right now but they can have a resurgence. Their players like Ziyech, Sterling, Kovacic etc had a good world cup.

All in all, this season EPL is gonna be explosive and interesting.
Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by KingLion007(m): 4:55pm On Dec 29, 2022
Stillhere:
I see.
Hopefully My Arsenal signs Mykhaylo mudryk before the end of next week. The noise about his signing don too much already.
Yes and I am looking forward to it

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by EmperorFred: 5:04pm On Dec 29, 2022
clockwisereport:

That guy is a fraudster. Please, avoid him
Na why I de find the bastard.
Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by Teeklef(m): 5:24pm On Dec 29, 2022
CodeTemplar:
Your faith is violent o.

1m Naira.
cheesy grin sad sad
Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by AreaFada2: 5:27pm On Dec 29, 2022
wonder233:
Its surprising what folks like you refer to as "ageing". The ages of 28-35 are the peak strength of a professional footballer. Messi, Ronaldo, Lewandowski, Drogba, Inzaghi etc at 29 were the Lords of the game. Who should lead the line in a team? A 24year old? Whose bones and strength core hasn't developed to its peak? No! You need a 28-35yr old who is a complete package of youth, skill, strength and maturity. The 24yr old isn't faster than the 34yr old. If you doubt, go and set Vardy against any one of your choice and see. This age-shaming stereotype is killing the game, making talents we ought to enjoy a lot longer retire prematurely. I remember people like Luis Figo and co play up to ripe ages before retiring. Nowadays, a mere 29 year old is being called "ageing". Soon, the bar will shift to 25, then, 20...till you will only accept toddlers to play football

During Wenger's time at Arsenal, anyone over 30 was given only a year's contract. He did well in EPL until Russian and Middle Eastern money flooded EPL. Not every player does well in their 30s. Even some of the best suddenly find themselves struggling to do what they did easily on the field just a few months earlier.

Frank Rijkard, Jurgen Klinsmann, Marco van Basten, Patrick Kluivert, Didier Deschamps and Emmanuel Petit all retired in their early 30s. Only Kluivert didn't win the World Cup, European Cup or both among them but he won Champion's League. I watched at least one live game involving these players. Platini and George Best are older ones that retired early too.
Van Basten was due to injury. One of the finest players I ever saw and he played in Milan. Kluivert also suffered chronic injuries.
Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by Teeklef(m): 5:28pm On Dec 29, 2022
Kajaard:

You guys should allow CR7 rest please. It's getting stale.
No peace for the wicked grin
Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by Godsongang: 5:42pm On Dec 29, 2022
cheesy cheesy cheesy And make Kylie Jenner dey beg for 5k naira to chop food and when she relocate come naija self.. Oh boy I tie for this yahoo boys o

Enemyofpeace:
Failure fully loaded

Yahoo boys don make us dey fear Oyibo friend request, we no even knw who be who. Imagine Jackie Chan dey beg for MTN card��
Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by Athemisia: 5:51pm On Dec 29, 2022
Angelfrost:

How so?!! Gakpo can even bring out the best in the Uruguayan...!

Besides, this is just Nunez's first season... Give him time, and he just might become another Suarez for them.
I'm a Liverpool fan bro and I will tell you truth...
Nunez is a flopp!
Dude always fail to convert one on one chances... He's given all the assist needed but to no avail...
I think they should loan him out this January...
Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by Adjovi: 6:12pm On Dec 29, 2022
Funflipper:

Where is liverpool at the moment? They won't even get into the top 6 this season. How many forward players do they have now and where will the playing time come from? Liverpool is going downhill already.

Lol it's either you're a Barca fan, Chelsea or man u grin grin. Going down hill they won 2 trophies last season and won 1 already this season. Una hatred ehn! Una go cry tire
Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by Alliswell248: 6:30pm On Dec 29, 2022
Guide77791:
OBidient are truly fixing everything...nice move to have another top forum in Nigeria

You would soon get tired.
Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by Funflipper: 6:36pm On Dec 29, 2022
Adjovi:

Lol it's either you're a Barca fan, Chelsea or man u grin grin. Going down hill they won 2 trophies last season and won 1 already this season. Una hatred ehn! Una go cry tire

I am a die-hard Manchester United fan. Hatred aside, that liverpool era of total dominance is gone for good. Those 2 trophies will be their last for a long a time to come. No Saido Mane, no liverpool period. Now they are running up and down signing all the fowards available just to be able to keep up not knowing it is going to backfire because you cannot sign them and put them on the bench.
Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by Adjovi: 6:42pm On Dec 29, 2022
Funflipper:

I am a die-hard Manchester United fan. Hatred aside, that liverpool era of total dominance is gone for good. Those 2 trophies will be their last for a long a time to come. No Saido Mane, no liverpool period. Now they are running up and down signing all the fowards available just to be able to keep up not knowing it is going to backfire because you cannot sign them and put them on the bench.

When did Liverpool dominate totally? They won their trophies different seasons . Y'all mane supporters should rest biko. Salah is better than mane everyone who knows ball knows this.
Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by Peacecore: 6:46pm On Dec 29, 2022
Lanre4uonly:
You're welcome to the Liverpool family, Gakpo.
Wishing you many successful years ahead filled with trophies while at Liverpool.
YNWA
I wish you people another Nunez bcoz una win dey increase my blood pressure.
YWWA to relegation...
Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by Funflipper: 6:54pm On Dec 29, 2022
Adjovi:

When did Liverpool dominate totally? They won their trophies different seasons . Y'all mane supporters should rest biko. Salah is better than mane everyone who knows ball knows this.

You forgot the "we score when we want to" era when liverpool with the help of Mane was putting an average of 5 goals past their opponents at will?
Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by optimusprime2(m): 7:03pm On Dec 29, 2022
And thus begins the frustrations of Darwin Nunez this season.
Jota, Salah and Gakpo. Cased closed
Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by Samuelthemanli(m): 7:47pm On Dec 29, 2022
I Don Mark All Of Una Wen De Talk Say nunez na Flop Wen He Starts Banging goals I Will Be Back .YNWA
Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by Gunayo(m): 7:48pm On Dec 29, 2022
saysugar:
I hate seeing anything bet9ja,bunch of thieves,they disabled my account after I deposited
A blessing in disguise. Every disappointment is a blessing they say. The money they will suck from you will be more than the one you deposited.

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by amoreobansu: 7:48pm On Dec 29, 2022
Sonnobax15:
cheesy
This past world cup really paved way for alot of players... liverpool don kolobi this one take.

What's the essence of signing all these low budget players after letting go of a high quality player like Mane? shocked.

Manè, Salah and Firmino were all low budget signings. LiverpoolFC transformed all of them into super quality players. And all under the tutelage of our super Manager (Klopp).

Your point of letting Manè left is invalid.
Please try again later!
Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by Adjovi: 7:48pm On Dec 29, 2022
Funflipper:

You forgot the "we score when we want to" era when liverpool with the help of Mane was putting an average of 5 goals past their opponents at will?

And who was the highest goal scorer that season and highest assist?
Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by Samuelthemanli(m): 7:52pm On Dec 29, 2022
Na So Una Talk Say salah de Useless WithOut mane but Now He Has Continued scoring Goals As Usual he Has Even equaled sir kenny dalglish record And Is The Joint Highest goal Scorer of All Time. YNWA
Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by Samuelthemanli(m): 8:00pm On Dec 29, 2022
tuzle:
they now have a lot of attackers Salah, Diaz, jota, gakpo, firminho, Nunez and chamberlain. So they would have to let one of their attacker go most notable is chamberlain and maybe firminho. Also I think Liverpool need another midfielder an attacking midfielder would be nice. I am not a Liverpool fan but an arsenal fan but I have always felt that Liverpool could be stronger than they currently are if they have spent like mancity on players.
chamberlin nor Be Striker
Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by rolams(m): 8:03pm On Dec 29, 2022
Make this one no come turn to Lapo ooo!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Emmanuel Emenike Celebrates His Mother On Her Birthday, They Look So Alike / Nike Receive 3m Orders For Nigeria's World Cup Shirt Ahead Of Next Week Release / Kenyan, Emmanuel Naibei Wins Lagos City Marathon 2021 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.