Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,437 members, 7,853,879 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 07:06 AM

Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV (23009 Views)

Chelsea Officially Sign Striker David Datro Fofana From Molde / Liverpool officially reach an agreement with PSV to sign Cody Gakpo / Chelsea Sign Forward Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang From Barcelona (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by tuzle(m): 8:17pm On Dec 29, 2022
Samuelthemanli:
chamberlin nor Be Striker
I said attacker, where did u see striker in my post
Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by Funflipper: 8:50pm On Dec 29, 2022
Adjovi:

And who was the highest goal scorer that season and highest assist?

Mo Sallah of course but the real person who was leading the charge then was Mane the underestimated hero. I am so glad and relieved that dude is gone!!
Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by Lanre4uonly(m): 8:51pm On Dec 29, 2022
Peacecore:
I wish you people another Nunez bcoz una win dey increase my blood pressure.
YWWA to relegation...
You need to start planning on how to cope with your blood pressure because Liverpool will continue to win. Therefore, the more Liverpool win, the higher your blood pressure. grin grin
Please note, Gakpo no be Nunez.
YNWA
Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by uunwanaobong3: 8:58pm On Dec 29, 2022
How many strikers Liverpool want sign?
Salah
Ferminho
Nunez
Jota
Chamberlain
Luise diaz
And now....garkpo

After klopp go tell us say Liverpool no get player.... But he is spending all his money on any available strikers both the good and the foolish ones.

Klopp has over spent, but he will never be as good as mancity and guardiola...... His coaching abilities stops at where guardiola abilities started.
Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by drsibz66(m): 9:04pm On Dec 29, 2022
uunwanaobong3:
Salah
Ferminho
Nunez
Jota
Chamberlain
Luise diaz
And now....garkpo

After klopp go tell us say Liverpool no get player.... But he is spending all his money on any available strikers both the good and the foolish ones.

Klopp has over spent, but he will never be as good as mancity and guardiola...... His coaching abilities stops at where guardiola abilities started.

Bro go and look at their net spend. If you know what it means. Each season Liverpool lose or sell players to buy another player. What they have been doing is rinsing players. Eg coutinho for vvd and Allison, Mane, origi, minamino, Williams for nunez. Etc

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by Adjovi: 9:49pm On Dec 29, 2022
Funflipper:

Mo Sallah of course but the real person who was leading the charge then was Mane the underestimated hero. I am so glad and relieved that dude is gone!!

How was mane leading the charge? Una no like to dey talk truth. Salah had highest goal and highest assist that season and Una dey cap say mane was leading the charge. Make Una dey talk truth jare. Same way Una no wan admit say Messi better pass Ronaldo.
Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by Samuelthemanli(m): 10:00pm On Dec 29, 2022
uunwanaobong3:
Salah
Ferminho
Nunez
Jota
Chamberlain
Luise diaz
And now....garkpo

U Just De Cap Rubbish. Chamberlin might leave This January, diaz and Jota are On Injury and U Don't know Anything About Coaching For You To Say Klopp coaching Abilities Stops At Were guardiola abilities started
Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by Funflipper: 11:29pm On Dec 29, 2022
Adjovi:

How was mane leading the charge? Una no like to dey talk truth. Salah had highest goal and highest assist that season and Una dey cap say mane was leading the charge. Make Una dey talk truth jare. Same way Una no wan admit say Messi better pass Ronaldo.

Salah had the highest goals and assist no doubt but Mane's goals got them more important match winning points which you guys overlook. As for messi and Ronaldo, the controversy has been settled once and for all after Messi won the world cup. Ronaldo is second best to Messi on both club and international levels.
Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by Adjovi: 5:35am On Dec 30, 2022
Funflipper:

Salah had the highest goals and assist no doubt but Mane's goals got them more important match winning points which you guys overlook. As for messi and Ronaldo, the controversy has been settled once and for all after Messi won the world cup. Ronaldo is second best to Messi on both club and international levels.

Which important matches please grin grin grin grin. Una like to dey cap sha.
Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by feed70: 7:49am On Dec 30, 2022
Naijalarry:
Earlier thread: https://www.nairaland.com/7497814/liverpool-officially-reach-agreement-psv

Liverpool officially announced they have signed forward Cody Gakpo from PSV Eindhoven with the player completing medical at AXA Training Centre.

Inform Nigeria previously reported that Liverpool and PSV reached an agreement on Boxing Day to sign the Manchester United target.

The Netherlands international will officially become a Reds player on January 1, 2023, subject to a work permit and will wear the No. 18 jersey at Liverpool.

“I feel really good, I’m really excited to be here,” Gakpo told Liverpool official club website.

“I’m looking forward to start training and start playing for this amazing club.

“I think this is a great club for me to come in and try to show what I can [do] and try to help the team to achieve more beautiful moments that they already did in the past years.

“I think for me personally it’s also good to develop here and there’s a lot of great players here [who] I can learn a lot of things from.

Jurgen Klopp added that Gakpo will have an extremely bright future at Liverpool.

He said: “There is a lot to like about Cody. He is still only 23 years old but he already has a lot of experience.

“He was the captain of PSV, he was the Player of the Year in Holland last season and, as a lot of people have just seen, he also had a great World Cup with his national team.

“So, it is clear that he is already a really, really good player but his age also means he also has the potential to become even better.

“Offensively, he is very versatile and on top of this we know he is a smart footballer and also a smart person, so we are really excited to be able to work with him.”

The 23-year-old attacker was born and raised in Eindhoven. He is a product of PSV’s youth system, progressing through the ranks before making his senior debut in February 2018.

Gakpo is a right-footed winger who is usually deployed on the left flank of a front three for PSV but played in the centre-forward role for the Netherlands at the World Cup under manager Louis van Gaal.

As a winger at PSV, he cuts inside on his right foot and moves to a more central attacking position. He then uses his dribbling skills and speed to take on defenders until he finds space to try out for a goal.

Gakpo is very strong, using his strength to hold off defenders who always come in contact with him during matches.

He also has great technique and ball control.

He has scored nine goals with 12 assists in the Dutch league this season for PSV.

In total, Gakpo has scored 55 goals and provided 50 assists in 159 appearances for PSV.

Source- https://inform.ng/sports/cody-gakpo-liverpool-transfer/

Manu no let me rest for this guy matter, thank God him no choose man him career for just end
Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by Silentgroper(m): 9:10am On Dec 30, 2022
Fedrick100:
United fans are in pains rn

But he will be a sub at Liverpool,we all know he won’t start ahead Daiz
he will play as a 9 ahead of darwin
Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by Silentgroper(m): 10:53am On Dec 30, 2022
wonder233:
Its surprising what folks like you refer to as "ageing". The ages of 28-35 are the peak strength of a professional footballer. Messi, Ronaldo, Lewandowski, Drogba, Inzaghi etc at 29 were the Lords of the game. Who should lead the line in a team? A 24year old? Whose bones and strength core hasn't developed to its peak? No! You need a 28-35yr old who is a complete package of youth, skill, strength and maturity. The 24yr old isn't faster than the 34yr old. If you doubt, go and set Vardy against any one of your choice and see. This age-shaming stereotype is killing the game, making talents we ought to enjoy a lot longer retire prematurely. I remember people like Luis Figo and co play up to ripe ages before retiring. Nowadays, a mere 29 year old is being called "ageing". Soon, the bar will shift to 25, then, 20...till you will only accept toddlers to play football
lol .. vardy against mbappe ..will render your claim invalid.. trust me
Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by Silentgroper(m): 11:02am On Dec 30, 2022
uunwanaobong3:
Salah
Ferminho
Nunez
Jota
Chamberlain
Luise diaz
And now....garkpo

yet he has beaten guardiola 3/4 times they've met this season.. unku let's hear word abeg
Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by wonder233: 11:22am On Dec 30, 2022
They are both strikers. Strikers typically run against defenders. Vardy still outruns very young defenders.
Silentgroper:
lol .. vardy against mbappe ..will render your claim invalid.. trust me
Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by Silentgroper(m): 11:52am On Dec 30, 2022
wonder233:
They are both strikers. Strikers typically run against defenders. Vardy still outruns very young defenders.
vardy cant outrun Robertson ..
Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by Silentgroper(m): 11:52am On Dec 30, 2022
wonder233:
vardy cant outrun Robertson ..

Just mbappe couldn't outrun Hakimi at the world cup
Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by Samuelthemanli(m): 4:04pm On Dec 30, 2022
Silentgroper:
yet he has beaten guardiola 3/4 times they've met this season.. unku let's hear word abeg
nor mind Am
Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by Peacecore: 10:15pm On Dec 30, 2022
Lanre4uonly:

You need to start planning on how to cope with your blood pressure because Liverpool will continue to win. Therefore, the more Liverpool win, the higher your blood pressure. grin grin
Please note, Gakpo no be Nunez.
YNWA
Please o. I hate hbp and I no wan make e increase o. I no sleep for una last win.
By d way, doz people wey compare Haaland with Nunez should be stoned to death.
Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by Lanre4uonly(m): 7:20am On Dec 31, 2022
Peacecore:
Please o. I hate hbp and I no wan make e increase o. I no sleep for una last win.
By d way, doz people wey compare Haaland with Nunez should be stoned to death.
You need to start accepting Liverpool winnings in good faith since you said you hate high blood pressure,
As for Haaland & Nunez comparison, it is well. grin
Re: Liverpool Officially Sign Forward Cody Gakpo From PSV by Nobody: 11:11am On Dec 31, 2022
Kharol1234:
Portugal ba wo abi Netherlands?

Oga show me love oo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Emmanuel Emenike Celebrates His Mother On Her Birthday, They Look So Alike / Nike Receive 3m Orders For Nigeria's World Cup Shirt Ahead Of Next Week Release / Kenyan, Emmanuel Naibei Wins Lagos City Marathon 2021 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.