Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,246 members, 7,822,273 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? (52824 Views)

BLACKLIVESMATTER: Is This What Awaits African-americans Fleeing To South Africa? / Fleeing To The US ... A Word To The Wise. / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by Ilamina(f): 4:52pm On Jan 07, 2023
France accepts immigrants

But complains that they are many black people in paris

It looks like france is still a better colonial master than the uk

Ethiopia is such a great nation

Has no foreign language has an official language

That's why they travel around the world
Looks like study many languages in their country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by HellVictorinho6(m): 4:54pm On Jan 07, 2023
SeriouslySense:
smiley smiley Its the Ego, grin grin, and so much lacking

You don't understand.......so you see all travellers as the same.

Ego making people travel....... meaning?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by SeriouslySense(m): 4:54pm On Jan 07, 2023
Now that is your reality, with its given experience and sensitivity.

Reality is not assured it is not a constant, this is why we ought to understand others, not just oneself, self does not include the fluxes of reality. Well what can say, that's good for you, and sometimes our own bubbles will do good for that time.

Reality is encompassing and its mixes. I am happy for you smiley smiley. Then stay assured.

HellVictorinho6:

Where is the insult?

You are just diverting with that line.

Lying to myself

You don't understand.... that's why.

Look....... not everyone in Nigeria lacks electricity,roads,food,water,shelter, security,etc

Statements without empathy can be found all over the world.... not just Nigeria.

Lastly, being a slave can be defined as a state in which a person doesn't have options as regards to what he or she can to do as a person because some other person prefers it so........ I at least never showed any sign of not having options as regards survival...... I have limits but my limits don't make me a slave....there are areas where I have no option.... such as choosing a username before I comment on Nairaland, fetching data or airtime before I download something,etc........ those things don't make me a slave... . you are not meant to define what I know or don't know to me just by saying I know or don't know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by ukaface(f): 4:56pm On Jan 07, 2023
pansophist:

If they could spend just one year in a language school, they'll learn German or Dutch.
how much is the fee?
Why go through the stress when I can easily go through an English speaking country?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by ukaface(f): 4:58pm On Jan 07, 2023
Elvictor:
A slave will always work hard to worship his or her slave masters grin grin
are you a sole proprietor?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by HellVictorinho6(m): 4:58pm On Jan 07, 2023
SeriouslySense:
Now that is your reality, with its given experience and sensitivity.

Reality is not assured it is not a constant, this is why we ought to understand others, not just oneself, self does not include the fluxes of reality.

What are my options?

They include speaking ,listening, walking, sitting,etc.

How is that not reality?

In addition, I am never the only one with options.

So, how is it not reality?

I am never the only one.
Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by Moye715: 4:58pm On Jan 07, 2023
Sweetplum:

You are the irredeemable one. Schools that posses qualified teachers that speak British English aren't affordable by majority in Nigeria. That's what I mean. If you don't v deep sense, fall out!

Are student in those schools more brilliant than student in public schools? It's that slavish inferior mentality we're talking about. Americans, indians or Chinese don't look for perfection in english but hey, a Nigerian wants to speak english more than british king, some even shame their fellow countrymen on it. English is just means of communication and is not a prerequisite for intelligence.

3 Likes

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by HellVictorinho6(m): 5:01pm On Jan 07, 2023
ukaface:
are you a sole proprietor?

Help me to ask his family members too if possible

That guy is confused in this case.
Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by HellVictorinho6(m): 5:06pm On Jan 07, 2023
Moye715:

Are student in those schools more brilliant than student in public schools? It's that slavish inferior mentality we're talking about. Americans, indians or Chinese don't look for perfection in english but hey, a Nigerian wants to speak english more than british king, some even shame their fellow countrymen on it. English is just means of communication and is not a prerequisite for intelligence.

You don't understand.

Learning British English is for making gain too

You are not meant to choose someone's way of making gain for him or her

If I want to make gain through British English,it never means I am a slave.

Your comparison of Nigeria to China,India,etc is unnecessary.

Besides, nobody is really looking for perfection in English or whatever that means anywhere.

That's all.
Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by EBUBECHISOM(m): 5:14pm On Jan 07, 2023
dealslip:

Language barrier is low in Netherlands. English is 96% spoken in Amsterdam and about 60% in other parts. It's easy to settle there too. I am an school admissions agent to a university in Netherlands so I know this.

I sent you a dm..
I'm interested in studying in Netherlands for Msc
Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by SeriouslySense(m): 5:21pm On Jan 07, 2023
Reality is interesting smiley smiley
HellVictorinho6:

What are my options?

They include speaking ,listening, walking, sitting,etc.

How is that not reality?

In addition, I am never the only one with options.

So, how is it not reality?

I am never the only one.

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by Moye715: 5:32pm On Jan 07, 2023
HellVictorinho6:

You don't understand.

Learning British English is for making gain too

You are not meant to choose someone's way of making gain for him or her

If I want to make gain through British English,it never means I am a slave.

Your comparison of Nigeria to China,India,etc is unnecessary.

Besides, nobody is really looking for perfection in English or whatever that means anywhere.

That's all.

Pls what kind of gain ?
So those that don't speak the queen English are not gaining in life ?
Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by sukkot: 5:32pm On Jan 07, 2023
Skyview01:

My man! If i have 400k pounds, why the hell would i want to migrate to the UK.?.

Most are economic migrants in the UK.
peace of mind ?

1 Like

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by sukkot: 5:33pm On Jan 07, 2023
planetx:
Nigerians that can afford £400k which is like 0.001% will not migrate to that shithole, I know you are joking anyway.
lol a few do and its not a shithole if you have 400k pounds. its only a shithole if you are struggling
Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by Lanxoe96(m): 5:34pm On Jan 07, 2023
pansophist:

If they could spend just one year in a language school, they'll learn German or Dutch.
You think it's that easy?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by HellVictorinho6(m): 5:35pm On Jan 07, 2023
Moye715:

Pls what kind of gain ?
So those that don't speak the queen English are not gaining in life ?

You still don't understand.

Gain is not limited to any country.

Don't call people names because they choose to gain here or there.

Nobody is forcing you to go to the UK.

It's not for everyone.

Nowhere on Earth is for everyone.

2 Likes

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by HellVictorinho6(m): 5:37pm On Jan 07, 2023
sukkot:
lol a few do and its not a shithole if you have 400k pounds. its only a shithole if you are struggling

He may not understand.

Enjoying in Nigeria doesn't even mean you can't travel.

Enjoying in Nigeria can also involve travelling.

Ask Buhari and co.
Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by sukkot: 5:38pm On Jan 07, 2023
Gwan2:

Baba, I weak for Sukkot.........Very poor economic advice

I'd rather buy one of those dilapidated houses that are on bid or on sales, used like 50k pounds renovate and then sell it. That is the easiest way to make legit 50k-100k pounds profit within the margin of 3 months in the UK.

The rich Indians and Chinese have mastered it and are making a killing out of it.
not everybody wants that kind of rough life dealing with building contractors etc . some just want a peaceful life. nice house paid for and a nice work from home job

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by HellVictorinho6(m): 5:41pm On Jan 07, 2023
SeriouslySense:
Reality is interesting smiley smiley

Reality can be boring.

It's not always interesting.

Reality is actually a state of randomness.

Never means anyone alive today was born a slave
Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by litaninja(m): 5:55pm On Jan 07, 2023
Note, they are not fleeing TO, they are feeling FROM. This will continue to happen as long as the destination is BETTER than the origin.

Cashsteady:
UK is currently facing serious economic crisis and some other few crises too but why do Nigerians keep flocking UK .. There are other by far better countries in Europe that offers everything way better than UK..

You will be surprised to see the population of Nigerians in London..you will think you are in Lagos ..Nigerians just scatter for London..

Try Germany, Netherlands. Denmark, Norway Even France ..this countries ain’t bad either

1 Like

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by 1Sharon(f): 6:04pm On Jan 07, 2023
IkpemhiTG:
Hmmm glad to see this topic. Who can tell me the real picture of life in the uk. My wife just got a job there an emergency technician. Annual salary is £27k. Am a website designer self employed. What are the chances we might make a better living over there in uk. and what are the chances we might not. We will be having a baby soon just to let you know.

I would appreciate an experienced mind to contribute. Thanks

What job was she doing in Nigeria?
Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by litaninja(m): 6:05pm On Jan 07, 2023
And what do you think the other countries are looking for?

Better you understand that everything these places are putting in place for migrants are for the greater good of their country. Taxes, cheap labour, population growth, etc

Wickedfact:
Let whoever wants to go to the UK go.
Some people are destined to suffer in life and they will go to the ends of the earth to look for suffering.

If you want to migrate, try US via study route, Canada via migration route. Then, try countries like Netherlands. Good places.

UK doesn't have good plan for migrants. They are only looking for new slaves to work for them and pay taxes.

Anyone migrating to the UK at this time is just migrating into slavery.
Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by 7arrows: 6:06pm On Jan 07, 2023
Idaytesj29:

Yes, and I am fully in support. Teachers deserve better life.
As other countries like US, Canada, Australia and New Zealand copy that policy, you will see the value of teachers skyrocketing.

Teachers will no longer be looked down upon again. And Nigerian govt plots to keep them in poverty will fail.

You are Absolutely correct.

1 Like

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by 1Sharon(f): 6:13pm On Jan 07, 2023
pansophist:

At a professional level, I speak two languages. English and Dutch. At a conversational level, I speak Polish. Apart from English, I learned Polish and Dutch on my own. No language school is involved since I am an autodidact by nature and do better studying on my own than via traditional school.

What app did you use to learn those languages pls
Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by Ilamina(f): 6:14pm On Jan 07, 2023
1Sharon:

What app did you use to learn those languages pls
google translate
Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by budusky05(m): 6:17pm On Jan 07, 2023
They dont have useless leaders like Nigeria, no fools like Nigerian police, ur mental attitude changes the moment you arrive there
Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by zoedew: 6:36pm On Jan 07, 2023
Talawaka:

What say you about those silently japa-ing to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia then?
UK today, UK tomorrow, as though this is the only country Nigerians migrate to cool

Source: https://www.arabnews.com/node/2181251/saudi-arabia
You lose sight of the religious angle to the matter! In UK Freedom to worship what you please and there is no language barrier or difficulty to manage. You could find Babalawos and Dibia PRACTICING OPENLY IN UK. In Saudi Arabia it is not so as you must be proficient in Arabic to get along and you risk a beheading should you be found worshipping in any manner different from Islam!
Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by Ifakiland(m): 6:43pm On Jan 07, 2023
Cashsteady:
UK is currently facing serious economic crisis and some other few crises too but why do Nigerians keep flocking UK .. There are other by far better countries in Europe that offers everything way better than UK..

You will be surprised to see the population of Nigerians in London..you will think you are in Lagos ..Nigerians just scatter for London..

Try Germany, Netherlands. Denmark, Norway Even France ..this countries ain’t bad either
Go Germany....your papa dey speak German?
Go Denmark....your apap dey Spean Danny?
Go France....your papa dey speak French?
If no be the same uk you dey dey beg, how you take jobless to dey count Nigerians wey dey London? Oponu
Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by Ifakiland(m): 6:44pm On Jan 07, 2023
fullnetwork:

You that can't even cough in the face of impunity, stealing, government brutality the Nigerian politicians serve you everyday is calling people who have all the good things of life slave.
My God forgive you.
Leave those poor people that can't even afford international passport, they will always hate what they can't afford....if japa easy them for don go
Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by JoeNL22(m): 6:49pm On Jan 07, 2023
A stable system and a favourable condition.
Hopefully......this man below will give us a better system and life to live in Nigeria.

Re: What’s So Special About The UK That Nigerians Are Fleeing To? by Ilamina(f): 6:50pm On Jan 07, 2023
Ifakiland:

Go Germany....your papa dey speak German?
Go Denmark....your apap dey Spean Danny?
Go France....your papa dey speak French?
If no be the same uk you dey dey beg, how you take jobless to dey count Nigerians wey dey London? Oponu
grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Which Country Can One Relocate To With ₦3 Million? / • • •Tips On Getting A US VISA / Accident Along Benin Highway Few Days Ago,Some Dead,Others Injured(Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.