Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

Selfish Sibling Willing To Do Anything To Solely Inherit - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Selfish Sibling Willing To Do Anything To Solely Inherit (14354 Views)

Why I Chose To Distance Myself From A Sibling / "Children Inherit Their Intelligence From Their Mother Not Father" - Research / “I Can’t Wait For My Parents To Die, So I Can Inherit All” - Guy On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Selfish Sibling Willing To Do Anything To Solely Inherit by Nobody: 9:00am On Dec 30, 2022
Good Day everyone
Please
My father died over 10 years ago
We are six children from my father
Since our dad died our elder brother has been the only beneficiary of our father's estate
He is far older than the other five children

Since my father died our eldest brother has been the only major benefactor from our father’s estate
He has built himself different businesses including a hotel bought lands and landed properties and gifted different people goods, property and huge amount of money
But the remaining five of us nothing

Momsi took him to court
since 2015 when momsi has been in court nothing has changed
This is just a summary of everything that has been happening
And sincerely dunno what to do
It's not fair that only our senior brother is benefiting from what our father left behind
And the only benefit we have gotten is our fees been paid as dad died when we were much younger
And I sincerely do not know what to do

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Selfish Sibling Willing To Do Anything To Solely Inherit by habsydiamond(m): 9:15am On Dec 30, 2022
At least he is paying ur fees that's something though that's greediness on his part by trying to inherit everything that is meant for all of you guys... since the case is still in court, u guy can try to get a family member that can talk some senses to ur brother if there is none.. pray that God should soften his heart towards you guys cos in God all things are possible... the fight for inheritance can be deadly so you guys must be careful.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Selfish Sibling Willing To Do Anything To Solely Inherit by luwiizy(m): 9:19am On Dec 30, 2022
Your father made a mistake by not writing out a will....

I don't know why men above 50 or 60 thinks this way...
Humans cannot be trusted blood or not....
It's just the fact of Life.

Me na first SON for My p.man, him Don late long time ago...my conciense no go let me sleep if I try this kind thing.

107 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Selfish Sibling Willing To Do Anything To Solely Inherit by rickpat(m): 9:19am On Dec 30, 2022

3 Likes

Re: Selfish Sibling Willing To Do Anything To Solely Inherit by luwiizy(m): 9:20am On Dec 30, 2022
cassie0000:

Good Day everyone
Please
Since our dad died our elder brother has been the only beneficiary of our father's estate

Since my father died our eldest brother has been the only major benefactor from our father’s estate
He has built himself different businesses including a hotel bought lands and landed properties and gifted different people goods, property and huge amount of money

Momsi took him to court
It's not fair that only our senior brother is benefiting from what our father left behind
And the only benefit we have gotten is our fees been paid as dad died when we were much younger

You guys should meet with your family elders...

5 Likes

Re: Selfish Sibling Willing To Do Anything To Solely Inherit by rickpat(m): 9:27am On Dec 30, 2022
he shouldn't control everything when your mother is still alive...well,I don't know the details of everything or the kind of lawyer your mum has or the kind of case filled against the your brother...well,I don't know your family works though...so the court remains the best bet because a man like your brother can't be tamed by your elders...and I don't know the relationship he has with your mom whether it's cordially...because the guy is really harsh on you all ....what am I even saying..mama and pikin when dey go court over property..the relationship can never be good...

good luck though... your mum show get a good lawyer and the court is the best bet....foolish brother you got there..even if he hates your mother,what about his siblings...

ONE DAY HE WILL REALISE WHO FOOLISH HE HAS BEEN.. HOPEFULLY IT'S NOT TOP LATE BY THEN... wealth he didn't work for na he dey drag,dey greedy to him siblings

11 Likes

Re: Selfish Sibling Willing To Do Anything To Solely Inherit by sofeo(m): 9:28am On Dec 30, 2022
Alright!
Re: Selfish Sibling Willing To Do Anything To Solely Inherit by Conaldoo: 9:29am On Dec 30, 2022
mostly happens in Africa
Re: Selfish Sibling Willing To Do Anything To Solely Inherit by Searchingvictor: 9:29am On Dec 30, 2022
Ok
Re: Selfish Sibling Willing To Do Anything To Solely Inherit by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 9:29am On Dec 30, 2022
make I drop wow..

Is he married...? Where is @heartlessman.

He will say use otapiapia for him but if he joins your dad and your bro already willed to his wife and kids..Another kasala don burst.

Na so you go like use otapiapia dey go?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Selfish Sibling Willing To Do Anything To Solely Inherit by oluwaseyi0: 9:29am On Dec 30, 2022
Y
Re: Selfish Sibling Willing To Do Anything To Solely Inherit by MissOpe(f): 9:29am On Dec 30, 2022
Re: Selfish Sibling Willing To Do Anything To Solely Inherit by oluwaseyi0: 9:30am On Dec 30, 2022
cassie0000:

Good Day everyone
Please

Momsi took him to court

Are you from the Igbo tribe?
Not trying to be tribalistic but if it's true

Igbo seems to have a terrible inheritance culture, ladies get absolutely nothing and the first born can lay claim to everything

Talking from a friend experience who happens to be the first born and unjust beneficiary

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Selfish Sibling Willing To Do Anything To Solely Inherit by AntiChristian: 9:30am On Dec 30, 2022
This is pathetic and inconsiderate if true!

Na so many females dey suffer in SE till its changing gradually!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Selfish Sibling Willing To Do Anything To Solely Inherit by Wickedfacts: 9:30am On Dec 30, 2022
habsydiamond:
At least he is paying ur fees that's something though that's greediness on his part by trying to inherit everything that is meant for all of you guys... since the case is still in court, u guy can try to get a family member that can talk some senses to ur brother if there is none.. pray that God should soften his heart towards you guys cos in God all things are possible

You should actually pray to God for sense

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Selfish Sibling Willing To Do Anything To Solely Inherit by danny086(m): 9:30am On Dec 30, 2022
OMOR POISON THE GUY LET HIM OFF..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Selfish Sibling Willing To Do Anything To Solely Inherit by Nobody: 9:31am On Dec 30, 2022
If you are a Muslim then do the needful and everything would be shared accordingly
Re: Selfish Sibling Willing To Do Anything To Solely Inherit by Mindlog: 9:31am On Dec 30, 2022
Did the court not freeze the account(s) and income accruing from your late father's estate pending the ruling of the court?

9 Likes

Re: Selfish Sibling Willing To Do Anything To Solely Inherit by othermen: 9:31am On Dec 30, 2022
I am glad you and your siblings were able to get an education. Have you met a lawyer? What is the advice you received? Is he a stepbrother?? and can you give an estimate of the worth of your father's estate??

It will seem, by the final question, that whatever the case, your father's estate is worth a great deal to you. It will also seem that your attempt at litigation is not as forthcoming or going in the direction you desire.

Regardless, I am of the opinion, you will accomplish even more than your father if you set your mind right to becoming successful from your own toil.

Of coz, the share of the resources from your fathers' estate may alleviate several issues towards becoming even more successful, or it may facilitate the commencement of your own dreams or business idea, but if capital is not forthcoming from this end, you can look further to other means, perhaps get a paid job using your education.

If you can build the proper mindset, you can accomplish so much more.

3 Likes

Re: Selfish Sibling Willing To Do Anything To Solely Inherit by Wickedfacts: 9:31am On Dec 30, 2022
nchiugo23:
With the seriousness of Obidients, they might just win the election

Nyamiri Obidog dey promote pirated website. Them take fake things swear for Obidogs

5 Likes

Re: Selfish Sibling Willing To Do Anything To Solely Inherit by Nsonaso(m): 9:33am On Dec 30, 2022
This shows that you guys including your mom are only interested in the wealth your late father left behind and yet people will blame polygamy for causing disintegration in the family while the actual cause of family disintegration is the wealth (how to share it).

Before you know it, some will start nurturing the thought to poison the elder brother. Tell me is it because of the love he has for the brother or the love for the wealth?

You see why the bible say money is the root of evil?

If you poison him and he eventually die and the properties shared you buy that luxury cars, and 1 month later they post a beautiful lady has just been killed by a suspected yahoo boy, her body parts are missing. You will start typing God punish yahoo boys. Please what's the difference from you who poisoned his own blood to inherit family wealth?

So people tell me is this a polygamous family? But mom is already going neck to neck with her beloveth son.

Is it the second wife that caused it? Or the third wife or the 4th.

Now for people saying the mom should hold the property, when the son has already come of age? Haba

If I remember Ote$ na him hold his family money the run family business, mom still alive and some will say mom is old, but can you point a time where the mom is in charge of the family wealth?

Now to the op. From what you wrote that he still pays your fee, that means he provides you guys need, and not you guys want. And you guys doesn't see it as anything moreover na una papa money no be him money.

If he has shared it the way you guys wanted, I bet those properties you mentioned would have been sold off and the money will be squandered.

Call your brothers and your mom.
You guys should bring the case back from curt and also apologize to your elder brother, tell him you're sorry to fight him over some inheritance that it's out of ignorance. That he can keep them with no conditions. That you all value your family relationship over some money left behind by late dad.

And then you guys should forget about the so called family wealth and focus. I am not sure Tony Elumelu of UBA has any family inheritance but I am sure you know where he is today.

The family wealth has been your distraction since. You need to let it go and focus.

For the people quoting me:
Note, only LAZY people soley depend and wait for already made wealth to inherit to squander and they can kill their siblings for it.

But hard working people doesn't give a f**k about family inheritance, they hustle their way and make their own money

8 Likes

Re: Selfish Sibling Willing To Do Anything To Solely Inherit by JoeNL22(m): 9:33am On Dec 30, 2022
After visiting other states including FCT. I will definitely love to move to other cities and explore other cultures and traditions in Nigeria.
I am just waiting for Obi to be declared president cum 2023. For with Obi, a secured and safe Nigeria is Possible

3 Likes

Re: Selfish Sibling Willing To Do Anything To Solely Inherit by Richipromax: 9:33am On Dec 30, 2022
Vawulence

6 Likes

Re: Selfish Sibling Willing To Do Anything To Solely Inherit by sammirano: 9:34am On Dec 30, 2022
I'm thinking the wives are more than one

4 Likes

Re: Selfish Sibling Willing To Do Anything To Solely Inherit by Nobody: 9:34am On Dec 30, 2022
I don't know why human beings are this greedy and wicked.

1 Like

Re: Selfish Sibling Willing To Do Anything To Solely Inherit by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 30, 2022
That is not okay
Re: Selfish Sibling Willing To Do Anything To Solely Inherit by BarrElChapo(m): 9:38am On Dec 30, 2022
cassie0000:

Good Day everyone
Please

Momsi took him to court

Is the matter still in court ? If yes you guys have to see it out, if no then you have to go back to court.

Under Nigerian Laws your mother is first in line to the succeed the estate of her late husband so she’s clearly sleeping on her rights.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Females Are More Matured Than Males / Can You Trust Your Best Friend? / How Do You Know If A Woman Is A Witch....?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.