Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,817 members, 7,851,738 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:57 AM

Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust (28388 Views)

Bawa’s Suspension: Hurricane Tinubu Strikes Again – Adeyanju / BREAKING!!!: 2023: Buhari Plans To Leave For Spain,Strikes Deal With GEJ (Pix) / Primealert Strikes Deal With Katsina Government Against Banditry (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust by Beedude(m): 3:50pm On Dec 30, 2022
seunmsg:

This is the best way to go about it. I don’t even think there is a need for the G-5 to make any public announcement on who they are supporting. The governors should simply deploy their structure in support of Tinubu and after the election, they can switch over.

When it comes to politics, it is always difficult to outplay an old fox like Bola Tinubu. He is a thoroughbred politician who knows his onions. The way he surmounted the hurdles placed before him to pick the APC ticket should have signaled to his haters that this guy is solid.

Only kids who don’t understand politics would ever a group of 5 governors will abandon an Atiku and support a Peter Obi that can’t win the election even with their support. The G-5 needs serious protection after destroying PDP and the only sensible and realistic alternative before them is Tinubu. In fact, they need Tinubu more than Tinubu needs them at this point. All they need to do now is deliver 25% or more in their respective states and we are good.

Jagaban, you do this one. When you hear Bola Tinubu, always out a respect to the name. He is not your naanu’s mate.
Obi supporters are only running politics of emotions, abuse, hatred, blackmail and gaslighting. Who in his right senses will abandon Atiku for Obi that ran away before the primaries and no manifesto, achievements in office and good structure/people to back up his Bangladesh and Vietnam statistics. The man is a fraud and only myopic goons will fall for someone like that.
I think INEC should just swear in Asiwaju without an election cos Obi supporters are inconsequential. grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust by slymansun: 4:02pm On Dec 30, 2022
All I can say is we all have one vote each. The G5 can choose who they want to support but they are just individuals. I am from a state and whoever I will vote for will not in any way be influenced by my governor or any alliances.

My fellow Nigerians, do not be influenced by the activities and alliances of these politicians that have destroyed the very substance of this country. Also, do not be influenced by the activities of their paid URCHINS here in Nairaland and other social media platforms.

Vote conscientiously and wisely. As you vote, let patriotism and hope for a better Nigeria be your guide.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust by SpecialAdviser(m): 4:03pm On Dec 30, 2022
Corrinthians:
You don't care anymore because it appears your appetite has been cut short and you won't have even the slightest taste of the aroma you've been smelling. grin

When they claimed Ortom endorsed the crook called Obi, y'all threw a carnival in Alaigbo. Suddenly, with this news today, you don't care.

You Igbos know next to nothing about politics. Your inconsistencies give you guys off as acutely naive.
Why do you all terrorist evil doers fidget whenever VOTE WISELY is mentioned? Your doom is near
Re: Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust by slymansun: 4:05pm On Dec 30, 2022
senteugene:
All the G5 governors are Christian yet supporting Muslim-Muslim ticket. Think Nigerians should by now see these people as colleagues with personal interest and not allow them to divide us with religion.

They are church-goers but I don't know if they are christians.
Re: Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust by AllDModsAreMaad: 4:12pm On Dec 30, 2022
I think these people are just giving the others reason to go anti party.
Re: Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust by Flows001(m): 4:14pm On Dec 30, 2022
Gr8amechi:

Whom ever the governors decide to work for will have enormous advantage, governors hold the structure from state to ward, the have aides everywhere.
Lets take Wike for example he recently appointed 200,000 new aides adding to the existing once, so lets say each of these aides influence their immediate family( wife, brother or sister) at least 3 persons from each aides to do Wike's biding that is 600,000 votes already.

Only a fool thinks everyone has one vote. this is a big fallacy.
There are some people who can command 100 votes, others 500 and there are some that can control over 10,000 votes.

Another thing you need the governors is to ensure your opposition doesn't rig election in their state.

I think we need to get to understand election dynamics very clearly, election can be compromised before, during or after voting.
Imagine your opponents supposed strong hold, elections fail to hold or there is massive voter apathy what happens?
These are the things you need structure for.

Politics and elections are deeper than we think it, politics isn't for emotional people but rational people.
"sometimes you may need to enter into a deal with the devil to buy you enough time to unseat that devil".
Why did OYETOLA lose Osun state despite being the incumbent, with the so called "structure".
Oga forget it.
At this point, many Nigerians have already made their choices, no yeye Governor can influence people to vote against their wish when it is clear that the Governor is fighting for his own relevance.
I was an Adhoc INEC staff in the Area Council elections that held in Abuja earlier this year, and I can tell you that the BVAS has really undermined the powers of Governors and political touts from manipulating the process, no more Collation Officers moving around and transmitting thumb printed ballots to INEC offices (where they usually manipulate them on the way), this BVAS now gives exclusive powers to the PROs in each polling unit to send results upon completion of voting directly to INEC portal electronically, and where such results do not tally with the recorded "Registered voters" in such polling unit, the machine won't respond.
The earlier you realise that POWER NOW BELONGS TO THE PEOPLE WITH PVCs, RATHER THAN THE PEOPLE IN POWER, the better for you.
This is no dictatorship, and Wike cannot for example, be in all the polling units in Rivers states, his so called boys spread all across CANNOT force the voters to vote against their wish, of course they can share money (vote buying is their only resort now but CBN cash withdrawal policy will greatly affect that too) and intimidate voters, but las las it is secret balloting!!!
Many voters collected money from APC in Osun election but still voted for Adeleke.
February no far again, the people will send a very loud message!.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust by tishbite42: 4:16pm On Dec 30, 2022
ElSudani:
"As to the rumour that we have endorsed Labour Party Candidate, Mr. Peter Obi, you should understand that we are talking about Presidency of Nigeria, not Traders' Union nor Anambra Governorship election here..."

Ouch! This must hurt. Wike has razor tongue.
Are you sure he said this?!
Re: Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust by rummmy: 4:28pm On Dec 30, 2022
Tinubu himself will not believe his eyes in 2023...
Re: Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust by JohnOkolo: 5:37pm On Dec 30, 2022
undisputedKOC:
Of course it is expected. Majority of SS is behind Tinubu, the Ijaw nation is behind Tinubu, the majority of the North are supporting Tinubu, and SW is following Tinubu bumper to bumper like Igbo drug traffickers follow cocaine across the world.

Only IPOB terrorists fools from Ojucrook land are supporting Peter Obi the IPOB candidate. These Zombidiot fools will be resoundingly disgraced by February next year after Tinubu wins the elections and is sworn in as president.

I will advise these hateful frustrated wretched Zombidiots to start contributing money to buy their coffins now before the price quadruples next year because I'm sure these Zombidiots can't bear the overwhelming disgrace, sorrow and depression that will follow after Peter Obi the political fraudster loses woefully by February elections. God bless the few Igbos with sense like Ken Nnamani, Soludo, Okonjo Iweala, Arthur Eze and the rest of them. Death to all IPOB terrorists.

You be f**ker guy, nah here i read reach i just dey laugh like say u be Sabinus.

Abeg taunt those fools abeg. We are Unknown Gunmen and we are IPOB Basta*dsss abeg taunt their shallow and worthless lifes
Re: Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust by Didijiji: 5:45pm On Dec 30, 2022
Wike just spoke on TVC

No mumu deal with Tinubu. He said if there was, he wouldn’t be afraid to tell the world
Re: Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust by Duru009(m): 6:25pm On Dec 30, 2022
AreaFada2:

He's rich and connected enough. He will be fine. Either way, politically, his presidential ambition is gone. So, nothing to lose.
Wike now seeks soft-landing. In case Tinubu wins, he won't face EFCC. He might even get a seat in FEC under Tinubu. It might even give him the chance to seriously spite Rotimi Amaechi if he becomes a prominent in APC player. grin cheesy

I would have supported Tinubu 7 or even 3 years ago. He would have done better than Buhari. He's too old now.

Most Journalist have done there underground work...... TINUBU knows that the NORTH will certainly going to betray him that is why he needed a higher VOTE from South.

THE NORTH are certainly going to speak with one voice which is ATIKU that is why he is NOT bother with settling with WIKE he only needs some fractions of VOTE from the South....

WIKE could have remained POLITICALLY relevant assuming he supported ATIKU cos the "DEVIL you know is better than the one you don't know."
Because as it STANDS now both OBI and ATIKU will get a sympathetic vote. "Kwakwanso will silently support ATIKU seeing that WIKE has moved the other way.....

Watch what will HAPPEN in the coming days..

Bookmark this page....
Re: Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust by AreaFada2: 6:53pm On Dec 30, 2022
Duru009:

Most Journalist have done there underground work...... TINUBU knows that the NORTH will certainly going to betray him that is why he needed a higher VOTE from South.

THE NORTH are certainly going to speak with one voice which is ATIKU that is why he is NOT bother with settling with WIKE he only needs some fractions of VOTE from the South....

Either way, na gamble for all the candidates. Ignoring any zone would be unwise. Reduced chances of rigging could make things very unpredictable as we saw in Osun State.

2023 could be close like 1979 election that Shagari only very narrowly won. If closer than 1979, a run off election may become necessary. Perhaps between the top two. Currently, Atiku, Tinubu or Obi could come third.

In 1979, Shagari got more votes in Rivers State than in Bauchi and his home state Sokoto. Cross River even gave him more votes than Kaduna, Gongola and Kwara States.
Re: Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust by Gr8amechi: 6:57pm On Dec 30, 2022
Flows001:

Why did OYETOLA lose Osun state despite being the incumbent, with the so called "structure".
Oga forget it.
At this point, many Nigerians have already made their choices, no yeye Governor can influence people to vote against their wish when it is clear that the Governor is fighting for his own relevance.
I was an Adhoc INEC staff in the Area Council elections that held in Abuja earlier this year, and I can tell you that the BVAS has really undermined the powers of Governors and political touts from manipulating the process, no more Collation Officers moving around and transmitting thumb printed ballots to INEC offices (where they usually manipulate them on the way), this BVAS now gives exclusive powers to the PROs in each polling unit to send results upon completion of voting directly to INEC portal electronically, and where such results do not tally with the recorded "Registered voters" in such polling unit, the machine won't respond.
The earlier you realise that POWER NOW BELONGS TO THE PEOPLE WITH PVCs, RATHER THAN THE PEOPLE IN POWER, the better for you.
This is no dictatorship, and Wike cannot for example, be in all the polling units in Rivers states, his so called boys spread all across CANNOT force the voters to vote against their wish, of course they can share money (vote buying is their only resort now but CBN cash withdrawal policy will greatly affect that too) and intimidate voters, but las las it is secret balloting!!!
Many voters collected money from APC in Osun election but still voted for Adeleke.
February no far again, the people will send a very loud message!.
Your first question answers why you need a structure.

After the election did Adeleke not thank Aregbe?

Without breaking the rank of APC structure do you think he would have won?

Take time and read my analysis, BVAS or not if people don't come out to vote what will BVAS count? If people get chased out of the voting ground what will BVAS count?
These are the things structure helps to prevent.

Like I said, elections are deeper than you see them.
Re: Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust by Captain8(m): 7:05pm On Dec 30, 2022
tegrianonigltd:

Ijaw and Urhobo Wey I be behind Tinubu You well so? Why speaking for my tribes. Abi you use head knack wall?
we Ijaws are for Tinubu and atiku....
Re: Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust by Captain8(m): 7:12pm On Dec 30, 2022
undisputedKOC:
Death to any IPOB terrorists that insults Governor Wike. He has proven that he is a true son of Niger Delta and a friend of Ijaw nation by kicking out those poverty stricken cannibalistic IPOB terrorists from Rivers State. No matter our differences, Wike is still a good friend of the Kalabari kingdom. God continue to bless the Ijaw nation worldwide. Our time is coming again. Ijaw will rule Nigeria again when it is time for power to return to the South after Tinubu presidency cool

I am also Ijaw, I supported you.. Tinubu turn... To hell with obi
Re: Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust by WELEBOO(m): 7:19pm On Dec 30, 2022
*TWELVE (12) MOST FOOLISH PEOPLE IN NIGERIA. CHECK IF YOU ARE ONE OF THEM BY YOUR CONDUCT.*

(1) Jobless person supporting people that are behind his or her joblessness.

(2). A student who is on strike and still raising banner for those who are behind the strike

(3). A father who can no longer feed the family and is still running around like a fool under the sun supporting the people that brought the poverty upon him and his family.

(4) Youths who support the killers that ordered the killing of their own fellow youths.

(5) Homeless and jobless persons supporting the people who brought inflation that has made him jobless and homeless.

(6) People living without electricity and still raising banner and asking people to support the evil men that are behind electricity failure in the country.

(7) people that cannot travel to their home because of bad roads but are still campaigning and and asking other people to join them to support people that looted the money meant for the construction of road to their homes.
People that couldn't sleep because of killing, kidnaping and banditry, yet still supporting the founders of terrorism in the nation.

(9) People that do not even have clean water to drink, but still planning to vote for people who looted the money meant for water into power.

(10) People buying fuel at #260 instead of #65, yet still supporting the evil men stealing our crude and refusing to build refineries that has brought us to where we are today.

(11) People supporting others because of religion, ethnicity, or tribe and forget competence, capacity and track record.

(12) People supporting others because of food on the table and stomach infrastructure forgetting the future.

*ARE YOU ANY OF THE TWELVE ABOVE*?

*VOTE WISELY IN 2023 !!!* author=KingKO22 post=119544039]Wailing is expected from our inherited Nyamirin pigs as usual.

Come ND start wailing

Jagaban is the next GCFR[/quote]
Re: Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust by tegrianonigltd(m): 7:21pm On Dec 30, 2022
Captain8:
we Ijaws are for Tinubu and atiku....

Speak for yourself, I be ijaw too, I get ijaw who are for Obi, SPEAK FOR YOURSELF ABEG. People should stop the generalization.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust by onuman: 8:11pm On Dec 30, 2022
undisputedKOC:
Of course it is expected. Majority of SS is behind Tinubu, the Ijaw nation is behind Tinubu, the majority of the North are supporting Tinubu, and SW is following Tinubu bumper to bumper like Igbo drug traffickers follow cocaine across the world.

Only IPOB terrorists fools from Ojucrook land are supporting Peter Obi the IPOB candidate. These Zombidiot fools will be resoundingly disgraced by February next year after Tinubu wins the elections and is sworn in as president.

I will advise these hateful frustrated wretched Zombidiots to start contributing money to buy their coffins now before the price quadruples next year because I'm sure these Zombidiots can't bear the overwhelming disgrace, sorrow and depression that will follow after Peter Obi the political fraudster loses woefully by February elections. God bless the few Igbos with sense like Ken Nnamani, Soludo, Okonjo Iweala, Arthur Eze and the rest of them. Death to all IPOB terrorists.

Hmmmm. There are too many EVIL PEOPLE in Tinubu's camp. See what is coming up from the mind of one who mistakenly regards himself as a human being.
Re: Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust by Flows001(m): 9:15pm On Dec 30, 2022
Gr8amechi:

Your first question answers why you need a structure.

After the election did Adeleke not thank Aregbe?

Without breaking the rank of APC structure do you think he would have won?

Take time and read my analysis, BVAS or not if people don't come out to vote what will BVAS count? If people get chased out of the voting ground what will BVAS count?
These are the things structure helps to prevent.

Like I said, elections are deeper than you see them.
I disagree with you, the structure you meant was the same that OYETOLA had, he was the incumbent before the election and had all the state apparatus under his control, he had thousands of "APPOINTEES" just like Wike that you cited, he also had Tinubu and several other APC Governors with him, as well as the Federal support as a member of the ruling party, still the PEOPLE chased him out and voted their preferred candidate, even though he shared millions of Naira.. The structure OYETOLA had is actually what is presently in contention, that is, the structure of "incumbency", which you feel the G5 Governors have.
The "Enough is enough" force that pushed millions of "First time voters" in Nigeria consisting majorly of Young people to register for their PVCs, will push them to the polls on election day to vote in their preferred choice.
You think all the youths and first time voters after struggling to register for PVCs will on election day wait for the "Last Order" from their respective Governors before they know who to vote?
Funny indeed!!
Someone like me and hundreds of people in my area already know who we are voting for, likewise millions of Nigerians. In fact, the reason why millions of youths have decided to register for PVCs and vote this time around was birthed becauseof their choice and love for a candidate already, so no stupid Governor can come out tomorrow to endorse a different candidate and insist that we vote such candidate..
Na secret balloting we dey do, and we dont even queue according to Political parties, I fit even wear Tinubu or Atiku T-shirt stand for queue (to show fake support or love for my Governors' choice) but still vote Obi when I collect my ballot paper.
No reason am, Nigerians are now more politically enlightened than it used to be in the past, and i still insist that the BVAS will curtail the excesses of rigging next year!!!!
Re: Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust by Gr8amechi: 9:50pm On Dec 30, 2022
Flows001:

I disagree with you, the structure you meant was the same that OYETOLA had, he was the incumbent before the election and had all the state apparatus under his control, he had thousands of "APPOINTEES" just like Wike that you cited, he also had Tinubu and several other APC Governors with him, as well as the Federal support as a member of the ruling party, still the PEOPLE chased him out and voted their preferred candidate, even though he shared millions of Naira.. The structure OYETOLA had is actually what is presently in contention, that is, the structure of "incumbency", which you feel the G5 Governors have.
The "Enough is enough" force that pushed millions of "First time voters" in Nigeria consisting majorly of Young people to register for their PVCs, will push them to the polls on election day to vote in their preferred choice.
You think all the youths and first time voters after struggling to register for PVCs will on election day wait for the "Last Order" from their respective Governors before they know who to vote?
Funny indeed!!
Someone like me and hundreds of people in my area already know who we are voting for, likewise millions of Nigerians. In fact, the reason why millions of youths have decided to register for PVCs and vote this time around was birthed becauseof their choice and love for a candidate already, so no stupid Governor can come out tomorrow to endorse a different candidate and insist that we vote such candidate..
Na secret balloting we dey do, and we dont even queue according to Political parties, I fit even wear Tinubu or Atiku T-shirt stand for queue (to show fake support or love for my Governors' choice) but still vote Obi when I collect my ballot paper.
No reason am, Nigerians are now more politically enlightened than it used to be in the past, and i still insist that the BVAS will curtail the excesses of rigging next year!!!!
When results start coming out, don't cry rigging.

There are people who don't have just one vote.
I wish we youths had channelled this erngery and anger properly.

Oyetola had a structure, same was Adeleke, have you forgotten Adeleke is a house hold name in Osun state?

My question is simple, Adeleke lost with just less than 1000 votes 4 years ago, now questions is how come he won now?

If structure was useless why did he team up with Aregbe?

Another thing, what votes did LP get in Osun state??

Structure is what have Oyetola those numbers, also presidential election is different from state.
Re: Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust by Kfed4ril(m): 1:09am On Dec 31, 2022
undisputedKOC:

Politics of love people.
See their definition of politics of love and sophisticated politics that they play.
Re: Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust by Bryan88(m): 5:09am On Dec 31, 2022
Yorubas and fake news/propaganda...tufiakwa!
Re: Tinubu Strikes Deal With G-5 Governors - Daily Trust by Flows001(m): 8:19am On Dec 31, 2022
Gr8amechi:

When results start coming out, don't cry rigging.

There are people who don't have just one vote.
I wish we youths had channelled this erngery and anger properly.

Oyetola had a structure, same was Adeleke, have you forgotten Adeleke is a house hold name in Osun state?

My question is simple, Adeleke lost with just less than 1000 votes 4 years ago, now questions is how come he won now?

If structure was useless why did he team up with Aregbe?

Another thing, what votes did LP get in Osun state??

Structure is what have Oyetola those numbers, also presidential election is different from state.

Even Tinubu's presence in Osun couldn't save his cousin from defeat.
Same thing happened in Edo, which birthed the "Edo nor be Lagos" slogan..
Power now lies with the people.
February no far again..
I rest my case!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Governor Adeleke: I Went To Thailand To Rest, Check My Medicals / Checkout Photo Of Youths Rocking "AskProfOsinbajo" Polo / Photos As The CGC Of Customs Hammed Resumes Duty Officially Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.