Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,411 members, 7,836,649 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

4th Mainland Bridge... Tales By Moonlight (pictures).. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 4th Mainland Bridge... Tales By Moonlight (pictures).. (1183 Views)

Lagos Moves Fast To Build $2.5 Billion 4th Mainland Bridge / Lagos #EndSARS Report Is Fake, Tales By Moonlight -Lai Mohammed / 800 Houses To Go As Lagos Proposes $2.2 Billon For 4th Mainland Bridge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4th Mainland Bridge... Tales By Moonlight (pictures).. by Nobody: 9:32pm On Dec 30, 2022
As far back as 2004, we have been told the tales of 4th mainland bridge.. its an election season again, as usual the midnight stories of the great 4th mainland bridge grandpa Joe used to tell has shown its head again..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4th Mainland Bridge... Tales By Moonlight (pictures).. by Nobody: 9:35pm On Dec 30, 2022
Its been almost 20 years we have been told the tales...

4 Likes

Re: 4th Mainland Bridge... Tales By Moonlight (pictures).. by Asgard13: 9:37pm On Dec 30, 2022
No so Tinubu go out Nigerians on … e go better..mode.

4th mainland.. lagosian go wait tire

3 Likes

Re: 4th Mainland Bridge... Tales By Moonlight (pictures).. by kettykin: 9:41pm On Dec 30, 2022
The bridge might impoverish Lagos State if adequate preparations are not done, it is easier to use N900b to build a new Lagos somewhere in Ogun State than patch up the old Lagos

4 Likes

Re: 4th Mainland Bridge... Tales By Moonlight (pictures).. by Nobody: 9:44pm On Dec 30, 2022
Op has a big problem with English language!

One could easily conclude that, OP’s destiny was not written in English language.

All you posted are initiation phases of the project and are valid.

Do you think such massive projects just starts by mixing cement?

Get knowledge about how such projects are done and read through again. I believe you will find meaning afterwards

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4th Mainland Bridge... Tales By Moonlight (pictures).. by 3ple9iner: 9:44pm On Dec 30, 2022
The fact that subsequent governments are talking about it still makes it a reality waiting to happen, but we can't say these about the proposed monorail in Anambra and Rivers state.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 4th Mainland Bridge... Tales By Moonlight (pictures).. by Nobody: 9:58pm On Dec 30, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:
Op has a big problem with English language!

One could easily conclude that, OP’s destiny was not written in English language.

All you posted are initiation phases of the project and are valid.

Do you think such massive projects just starts by mixing cement?

Get knowledge about how such projects are done and read through again. I believe you will find meaning afterwards

You can only fool your kind... the tales have been on for 20years... still initiation stage?

5 Likes

Re: 4th Mainland Bridge... Tales By Moonlight (pictures).. by Nobody: 10:02pm On Dec 30, 2022
3ple9iner:
The fact that subsequent governments are talking about it still makes it a reality waiting to happen, but we can't say these about the proposed monorail in Anambra and Rivers state.

Why would Anambra need a monorail right now?, it has the best road network in Nigeria.. what it actually needs is a rail system to serve the nature of business predominant in the area connecting other states..

3 Likes

Re: 4th Mainland Bridge... Tales By Moonlight (pictures).. by Nobody: 10:12pm On Dec 30, 2022
Esseite:

Why would Anambra need a monorail right now?, it has the best road network in Nigeria.. what it actually needs is a rail system to serve the nature of business predominant in the area connecting other states..

Best road what

Repeat again please!

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 4th Mainland Bridge... Tales By Moonlight (pictures).. by Roboto11: 10:28pm On Dec 30, 2022
What we have come to do today is about the promise we made to you. When I ran for governorship, there were three local councils I transversed, and the images I saw kept haunting me.

“These local councils are, Ogbaru, Anambra West and Awka North. I couldn’t believe there were still places like this in Anambra. I made up my mind that these council would feel the impact of government. The rainy season is almost over. Every local government would feel our impact.

Soludo's words.

2 Likes

Re: 4th Mainland Bridge... Tales By Moonlight (pictures).. by BossGerald: 10:30pm On Dec 30, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:

Best road what

Repeat again please!

You heard that right, best road...

Now can you say the same about your state?? Don't be too quick to claim lagosian
Re: 4th Mainland Bridge... Tales By Moonlight (pictures).. by Felabrity: 10:33pm On Dec 30, 2022
Asin, na every election year

Even Ambode did the same thing Sanwo olu is doing

I wonder who they are fooling

2 Likes

Re: 4th Mainland Bridge... Tales By Moonlight (pictures).. by Nobody: 10:34pm On Dec 30, 2022
BossGerald:

You heard that right, best road...

Now can you say the same about your state?? Don't be too quick to claim lagosian

You must be a marijuana addict!

Same Anambra situated after River Niger? Same one that cannot boast of a single city in its entirety.

Anambra? What’s roads are in Anambra?

How many bridges are in Anambra?

Don’t get me angry please!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4th Mainland Bridge... Tales By Moonlight (pictures).. by BossGerald: 10:48pm On Dec 30, 2022
CoronaVirusRelo:

You must be a marijuana addict!

Same Anambra situated after River Niger? Same one that cannot boast of a single city in its entirety.

Anambra? What’s roads are in Anambra?

How many bridges are in Anambra?

Don’t get me angry please!

Anambra has no single town talk more of a city, oponu.

Show us your home state and stop convulsing

1 Like

Re: 4th Mainland Bridge... Tales By Moonlight (pictures).. by plaindealer: 11:21pm On Dec 30, 2022
We heard the same uninspiring rants, wailing and poor judgment noise about the Lagos Metro Rail, taking forever or never going to be completed, but guess what, it's here.

Even sef, common sef did not tell you that it's a process with many moving parts including yesterday's announcement of the preferred bidder, it's a clear indication that it's moving along so of what silly and pointless relevance is this pointless thread?

1 Like

Re: 4th Mainland Bridge... Tales By Moonlight (pictures).. by 3pointsagree: 11:28pm On Dec 30, 2022
kettykin:
The bridge might impoverish Lagos State if adequate preparations are not done, it is easier to use N900b to build a new Lagos somewhere in Ogun State than patch up the old Lagos
Story story
Re: 4th Mainland Bridge... Tales By Moonlight (pictures).. by drlateef: 12:01am On Dec 31, 2022
Asgard13:
No so Tinubu go out Nigerians on … e go better..mode.

4th mainland.. lagosian go wait tire

Leave Lagos alone. Go and disturb your state Governor who is stealing all your wealth and impoverishing your state. You hear, Chinedu!!!

1 Like

Re: 4th Mainland Bridge... Tales By Moonlight (pictures).. by Validated: 12:34am On Dec 31, 2022
Since 2002 really
Re: 4th Mainland Bridge... Tales By Moonlight (pictures).. by PussyMiners: 2:04am On Dec 31, 2022
What is this obsession with Lagos grin cheesy
Re: 4th Mainland Bridge... Tales By Moonlight (pictures).. by techWriter3: 4:11am On Dec 31, 2022
Its has almost 20 decades we have has told the tales
Re: 4th Mainland Bridge... Tales By Moonlight (pictures).. by OkCornel(m): 4:31am On Dec 31, 2022
Watch how the slaves will passionately defend their slave masters here.

Addis Ababa light rail project cost 475m USD for 17 kilometres. Project was initiated in 2011 and launched for operation in 2015.

Lagos light rail project is estimated to cost 2.4 billion USD for 35 kilometres. 1.12 billion USD already gulped on 7 kilometres only.

Yet I have an ignorant slave who’s in love with his chains passionately his slave masters here.

https://www.nairaland.com/7503043/what-lagos-fourth-mainland-bridge/5

Re: 4th Mainland Bridge... Tales By Moonlight (pictures).. by dominic17: 5:18am On Dec 31, 2022
What's your point? Is that place worse than makoko Lagos?
Roboto11:
What we have come to do today is about the promise we made to you. When I ran for governorship, there were three local councils I transversed, and the images I saw kept haunting me.

“These local councils are, Ogbaru, Anambra West and Awka North. I couldn’t believe there were still places like this in Anambra. I made up my mind that these council would feel the impact of government. The rainy season is almost over. Every local government would feel our impact.

Soludo's words.
Re: 4th Mainland Bridge... Tales By Moonlight (pictures).. by Image123(m): 5:36am On Dec 31, 2022
OkCornel:
Watch how the slaves will passionately defend their slave masters here.

Addis Ababa light rail project cost 475m USD for 17 kilometres. Project was initiated in 2011 and launched for operation in 2015.

Lagos light rail project is estimated to cost 2.4 billion USD for 35 kilometres. 1.12 billion USD already gulped on 7 kilometres only.

Yet I have an ignorant slave who’s in love with his chains passionately his slave masters here.

https://www.nairaland.com/7503043/what-lagos-fourth-mainland-bridge/5

Ever heard that half bread is better than none? Yes it is. A one eyed man is king among the blind and Lagos state will rightly continue to be hyped as long as they keep doing things that look like rocket science to the other 35 states.
When you mention costs, you leave out the basic fact that things cost different in location.
Lagos is a very expensive place to do things. You can try renting a hall or a flat in Lagos with your village or Addis Ababa and compare costs. Many other factors come in to play that common sense demands. Anyone X who gets a contract with the Lagos state government or FG bills/charges them like an armed robber. That's not erased in reality. Lagos rail line is also going over water which is expensive.
Demolition and compensation costs very high in Lagos compared to other states and Addis Ababa. Cost of living, salary of workers calculated well be higher in Lagos. Transportation of materials from China, Europe or America is farther and of course more costly than Addis Ababa.
Daily ridership of the trains will be definitely more than times 10 of Addis Ababa. Electrification of the project also costs more. So it's unwise to just compare dollars.

(1) (Reply)

Moment Peter Obi’s VP, Yusuf Datti Breaks Down In Tears On National TV – [video] / No Pictures Of Tinubu Arriving Iragbiiji To Cast His Vote / Enugu's Gubernatorial Result So Far

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.