Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,509 members, 7,850,761 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:30 AM

Elon Musk Emerges As The Highest Loser Amongst American Billionaires In 2022 - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Elon Musk Emerges As The Highest Loser Amongst American Billionaires In 2022 (31092 Views)

Africa’s Top 10 Billionaires In 2024 / Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Self-made Billionaires In Africa 2023 / Elon Musk Is Now The Richest Person In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elon Musk Emerges As The Highest Loser Amongst American Billionaires In 2022 by blowjohn(m): 11:22pm On Dec 31, 2022
Falseprofet2:

Why did the powers that be allow them in the first place?
Surely, its easier to just stop them from the start
When Kanye west had his car accident in 2002, those powers that be given their enormous resources should have finished him off
These powers that be are terrible o, they forced Elon Musk to buy twitter way above its valuation by controlling his mind and making him boast about buying Twitter

i wonder what they will be up to in 2023,
Maybe reveal the anti christ Klaus Shwaab or is it Benedict the pope that just died that is anti christ

But i trust the matrix to protect us all

Kanye was under their control before oga. Haven't u followed recent events where he spoke about the Jews?

Did u not hear about the basketball star that was told to apologise to the Jews too?

Have u not seen elon musk tweet recently that he cud be exterminated anytime?

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk Emerges As The Highest Loser Amongst American Billionaires In 2022 by CaptainFM1: 11:25pm On Dec 31, 2022
I'm working on something that will make me and my family the richest till the world will end.

Make I give you people hint....I'm working on "Living Oxygen"

Once you are born into this world, you need my stage 1 "Living Oxygen" within 12hrs to activate survival.

Stage 2 is termed Oxygen for food. Once you subscribed for my "MonOxy-feed" (Monthly oxygen Feeds) You don't need to be eating any food. You go just dey filled up all the time for a month.

Stage 3; You can subscribed to my eternal Oxygen once you reach 30years old, that way you will leave for ever unless you terminate the subscription.

Terms and conditions will apply though!

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk Emerges As The Highest Loser Amongst American Billionaires In 2022 by Nze91(m): 11:27pm On Dec 31, 2022
I don’t just know what to say
Re: Elon Musk Emerges As The Highest Loser Amongst American Billionaires In 2022 by xandy84: 11:33pm On Dec 31, 2022
Almost all stocks was overpriced. Carvana goes from one of the most performing stock to company facing bankruptcy. Elon Twitter debacle is also part of the problem of Tesla and most car manufacturers are into EV markets now and that is cutting deep into Tesla market. Elon needs to get it together hard time coming his way.

grandstar:
Tesla stocks were way over priced if you ask me
It was treated more like a tech stock and not like a car stock. Does future profits justify those share prices?

Also, the sky high stock prices early this year were unsustainable as governments all over the word started tightening the noose around their loose fiscal and monetary policies.

Thos is food for thought

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elon Musk Emerges As The Highest Loser Amongst American Billionaires In 2022 by RichAbujaGuy: 11:36pm On Dec 31, 2022
udemzyudex:

How did you get this information? cheesy

People ehn.

It's all over the internet. Here's a link from a news source owned by Mr. Bill Gates. MSN

Twitter bathrooms smell bad, employees forced to bring their own toilet paper as Elon Musk fires janitors
Story by Ankita Chakravarti • 10h ago

https://www.msn.com/en-in/news/world/twitter-bathrooms-smell-bad-employees-forced-to-bring-their-own-toilet-paper-as-elon-musk-fires-janitors/ar-AA15PUPc

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Elon Musk Emerges As The Highest Loser Amongst American Billionaires In 2022 by abimic(m): 11:37pm On Dec 31, 2022
ponziponzi:

Even if his wealth crashed to $1 billion, he will still richer than 99% of people in the world. That's a lot of money my friend.

Billionaires do not think this way, losing money does not sit well with billionaires, they are wired always to make money.

It does not sit well with me with the way he is treating the employees at Twitter even though we know his drop is coming from tesla.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Elon Musk Emerges As The Highest Loser Amongst American Billionaires In 2022 by xandy84: 11:43pm On Dec 31, 2022
Your write-up was spot on. Elon talked too much. Leave politics to politicians and focus on your business. Twitter never make profit and you spend $44 billion on that piece of garbage... Seriously!!! He has to fire janitorial staffs that Twitter employees had to come to work with their own toilet paper.... Not good. While Tesla is the leading EV brand in the world but other car manufacturers are catching up. Ford lightning is an example of progress of other car manufacturers EV. Ford lightning powered a whole for 2 days in Buffalo storm.
Elon needs to go back to basic and leave politics for politicians or Tesla might end up been Carvana of car manufacturer.

CoronaVirusRelo:

I don’t believe Tesla shares were overpriced! I am a shareholder and I can recollect how people bought into Tesla. It was the future of EV. And with his brilliance, we were certain stocks was going to the moon because he was this a dude who had unpredictable innovations.

Dude ruined his career with ego and his mouth. Became a comedian and lost direction. Twitter acquisition was the biggest fvck up! That garbage was far overpriced and he bought into it! Leveraged with Tesla forgetting that shareholders confidence was at stake.

Added more enemies to his trade by venturing into partisan politics and we all can see how his brand is being ridiculed, which is political!

Elon needs to get back to the drawing board and return to previous course, if it’s not too late. The competition in EV has come of age and I doubt he can regain that lead he had before.

He talked too much!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Elon Musk Emerges As The Highest Loser Amongst American Billionaires In 2022 by Nobody: 11:44pm On Dec 31, 2022
xandy84:
Your write-up was spot on. Elon talked too much. Leave politics to politicians and focus on your business. Twitter never make profit and you spend $44 billion on that piece of garbage... Seriously!!! He has to fire janitorial staffs that Twitter employees had to come to work with their own toilet paper.... Not good. While Tesla is the leading EV brand in the world but other car manufacturers are catching up. Ford lightning is an example of progress of other car manufacturers EV. Ford lightning powered a whole for 2 days in Buffalo storm.
Elon needs to go back to basic and leave politics for politicians or Tesla might end up been Carvana of car manufacturer.

You are updated. You really know what’s playing….

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elon Musk Emerges As The Highest Loser Amongst American Billionaires In 2022 by jikins(m): 11:45pm On Dec 31, 2022
RichAbujaGuy:

It's all over the internet. Here's a link from a news source owned by Mr. Bill Gates. MSN

Twitter bathrooms smell bad, employees forced to bring their own toilet paper as Elon Musk fires janitors

https://www.msn.com/en-in/news/world/twitter-bathrooms-smell-bad-employees-forced-to-bring-their-own-toilet-paper-as-elon-musk-fires-janitors/ar-AA15PUPc

Read your former post then read this one. It doesn't match except you failed to make your point more clearly in the previous post. Because it seems like you were referring to Tesla HQ when you said Elon fire the janitors not twitter

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk Emerges As The Highest Loser Amongst American Billionaires In 2022 by RichAbujaGuy: 11:54pm On Dec 31, 2022
jikins:

Read your former post then read this one. It doesn't match except you failed to make your point more clearly in the previous post. Because it seems like you were referring to Tesla HQ when you said Elon fire the janitors not twitter

screw all that minor back n forth minor details b.s.

if you want to be in the e.m. azzlicker's brigade it's fine by me.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Elon Musk Emerges As The Highest Loser Amongst American Billionaires In 2022 by udemzyudex(m): 12:19am On Jan 01, 2023
RichAbujaGuy:

He fires janitor and can't hire another one?

Oga don't believe everything you read on the net.

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk Emerges As The Highest Loser Amongst American Billionaires In 2022 by christistruth01: 12:24am On Jan 01, 2023
Canvazaa:
Jealousy and Envy spotted

How can I envy someone who I am praying for Jesus to have Mercy on his Soul ?
Re: Elon Musk Emerges As The Highest Loser Amongst American Billionaires In 2022 by miqos02(m): 12:37am On Jan 01, 2023
PureMe01:

You try make am first to em level
you bahhdddd menn n
Re: Elon Musk Emerges As The Highest Loser Amongst American Billionaires In 2022 by miqos02(m): 12:42am On Jan 01, 2023
grandstar:
Tesla stocks were way over priced if you ask me
It was treated more like a tech stock and not like a car stock. Does future profits justify those share prices?

Also, the sky high stock prices early this year were unsustainable as governments all over the word started tightening the noose around their loose fiscal and monetary policies.

Thos is food for thought
an innocent question sir, what's the relationship between musk wealth and fiscal/monetary policies around the world ?
Re: Elon Musk Emerges As The Highest Loser Amongst American Billionaires In 2022 by richeeyo(m): 12:43am On Jan 01, 2023
Shares would rebound as soon as cyber truck launches

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk Emerges As The Highest Loser Amongst American Billionaires In 2022 by Juniorangel(m): 1:14am On Jan 01, 2023
Please NL beware of this scammer with this number

+2347042392415
and account details

Williams James
Access bank
Re: Elon Musk Emerges As The Highest Loser Amongst American Billionaires In 2022 by WhizdomXX(m): 1:15am On Jan 01, 2023
PureMe01:

Na only for nairaland you be billionaire and na only nairaland I be pauper,I gree. No argument grin
Omo. Boss I love your savagery. Happy New year Chairman.

2 Likes

Re: Elon Musk Emerges As The Highest Loser Amongst American Billionaires In 2022 by MiaBeer(m): 1:20am On Jan 01, 2023
PureMe01:

You try make am first to em level
Every honest opinion ends with an insult. I pity folks like you.

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk Emerges As The Highest Loser Amongst American Billionaires In 2022 by FireUpNow(m): 1:32am On Jan 01, 2023
Roboto11:

But always better than your father.
Easy does it man!
Re: Elon Musk Emerges As The Highest Loser Amongst American Billionaires In 2022 by grandstar(m): 1:52am On Jan 01, 2023
CoronaVirusRelo:

I don’t believe Tesla shares were overpriced! I am a shareholder and I can recollect how people bought into Tesla. It was the future of EV. And with his brilliance, we were certain stocks was going to the moon because he was this a dude who had unpredictable innovations.

Dude ruined his career with ego and his mouth. Became a comedian and lost direction. Twitter acquisition was the biggest fvck up! That garbage was far overpriced and he bought into it! Leveraged with Tesla forgetting that shareholders confidence was at stake.

Added more enemies to his trade by venturing into partisan politics and we all can see how his brand is being ridiculed, which is political!

Elon needs to get back to the drawing board and return to previous course, if it’s not too late. The competition in EV has come of age and I doubt he can regain that lead he had before.

He talked too much!

Despite his huge mess ups, Tesla was still overpriced. All US stocks were overpriced due to the loose monetary and fiscal policies that skyrocketed assets to unimagined levels. It was what created the crypto boom.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elon Musk Emerges As The Highest Loser Amongst American Billionaires In 2022 by grandstar(m): 1:58am On Jan 01, 2023
xandy84:
Almost all stocks was overpriced. Carvana goes from one of the most performing stock to company facing bankruptcy. Elon Twitter debacle is also part of the problem of Tesla and most car manufacturers are into EV markets now and that is cutting deep into Tesla market. Elon needs to get it together hard time coming his way.

Elon Musk's Twitter purchase was one of the dumbest business decisions made this year. It will take years for the investment to make any commercial sense.

When Jeff Bezos wanted to enter into media, he bought the Washington Post for $250m in 2013. Paying $44bn for Twitter was just ridiculous. $15bn would have been prudent, though it would never have been sold at that price.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Elon Musk Emerges As The Highest Loser Amongst American Billionaires In 2022 by favinvest: 2:07am On Jan 01, 2023
Of a truth.. Russia is really a valuable resource to the world..

because the dropped are mostly tied to the Russia Ukraine war..

I think Putin needs to stop this war comes 2023...

Innocent people are dying directly or indirectly..
Re: Elon Musk Emerges As The Highest Loser Amongst American Billionaires In 2022 by grandstar(m): 2:18am On Jan 01, 2023
miqos02:
an innocent question sir, what's the relationship between musk wealth and fiscal/monetary policies around the world ?

The major economies were basically in a severe recession due to the Pandemic. This was obviously due to the lockdowns which brought most economic activities to a halt.

In order to get their economies going again, governments chose to spend massive amounts of cash which would flood the economy with money. When consumers and companies begin to spend this money, it would boost economic activities and help revive the economy. This is the fiscal side which is basically government spending. This is a loose fiscal policy. They even print money.

The central banks in order to reflate the economy, usually reduce interest rates. When interest rates are reduced, it encourages borrowing which floods the economy with cash. Also, lower interest rates also reduce the amount of interests existing borrowers have to pay thereby leaving more cash in the system. In addition, because interest rates are low, this discourages saving money and people rather than save because of the low interest rates prefer to buy property, stocks or crypto with it which will bring a higher return on investment. This is a loose monetary policy.

With a loose fiscal and monetary policy, money floods the system. A lot of that money went into crypto and stocks. A lot also went into real estate. Sadly, the policies happened to be too loose as it eventually led to high consumer inflation of over 5% in the advanced countries. Normally for these countries, they never want inflation to go above 2%. To bring inflation down, they will need to tighten both fiscal and monetary policies.

I am busy now. I will discuss the two with you later today. You can also remind me.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Elon Musk Emerges As The Highest Loser Amongst American Billionaires In 2022 by jimetagambo: 2:30am On Jan 01, 2023
grandstar:

Elon Musk's Twitter purchase was one of the dumbest business decisions made this year. It will take years for the investment to make any commercial.

When Jeff Bezos wanted to enter into media, he bought the Washington Post for $250m in 2013. Paying $44bn for Twitter was just ridiculous. $15bn would have been prudent, thought it would never have been sold at that price.
He did realised that he goofed, tried to back out of the deal 3 times but it was too late.

Twitter was only valued at $13B when he bought it for $44B.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Elon Musk Emerges As The Highest Loser Amongst American Billionaires In 2022 by jimetagambo: 2:34am On Jan 01, 2023
grandstar:

The major economies were basically in a severe recession due to the Pandemic. This was obviously due to the lockdowns which brought most economic activities to a halt.

In order to get their economies going again, governments chose to spend massive amounts of cash which would flood the economy with money. When consumers and companies begin to spend this money, it would boost economic activities and help revive the economy. This is the fiscal side which is basically government spending. This is a loose fiscal policy. They even print money.

The central banks in order to reflate the economy, usually reduce interest rates. When interest rates are reduced, it encourages borrowing which floods the economy with cash. Also, lower interest rates also reduce the amount of interests existing borrowers have to pay thereby leaving more cash in the system. In addition, because interest rates are low, this discourages saving money and people rather than save because of the low interest rates prefer to buy property, stocks or crypto with it which will bring a higher return on investment. This is a loose monetary policy.

With a loose fiscal and monetary policy, money floods the system. A lot of that money went into crypto and stocks. A lot also went into real estate. Sadly, the policies happened to be too loose as it eventually led to high consumer inflation of over 5% in the advanced countries. Normally for these countries, they never want inflation to go above 2%. To bring inflation down, they will need to tighten both fiscal and monetary policies.

I am busy now. I will discuss the two with you later today. You can also remind me.

You could not have said it better.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elon Musk Emerges As The Highest Loser Amongst American Billionaires In 2022 by grandstar(m): 2:35am On Jan 01, 2023
jimetagambo:

He did realised that he goofed, tried to back out of the deal but it was too late.

If he was allowed to pay a penalty of perhaps a billion or two for not going ahead, he should have taken it. I did not follow up as I first thought the idea to purchase it was a joke, just to realize it was serious. This was too sweet a deal to let slip by for Jack Dorsey grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Elon Musk Emerges As The Highest Loser Amongst American Billionaires In 2022 by nedekid: 3:03am On Jan 01, 2023
Roboto11:

Because of that nobody can have an opinion?

Dunce.
Dont have opinion in naira billionaire matter, not to talk of dollar billionaire. It is past our pay grade.
Abi you want to "advice them".
You know we Nigerians have mouth.
Only in Nigeria will you see a person trek pass a mansion and say the owner does not have taste. He could have adviced him to build it better.

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk Emerges As The Highest Loser Amongst American Billionaires In 2022 by nedekid: 3:09am On Jan 01, 2023
xandy84:

Na wah,
Please "advice" Elon musk well, he does not have sense despite being worth over 200b usd.
We Nigerians have the sense and are good advisers, the only thing remaining for us is to have the billion dollars.
We will soon get there.. Amen?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Elon Musk Emerges As The Highest Loser Amongst American Billionaires In 2022 by xandy84: 3:22am On Jan 01, 2023
I am not going to pick up a fight with you cos I know you don't read what I wrote. Second, I was not advising him or telling him how to wrong his business and finally, his acting affect me cos I own shares in Tesla. Happy New year

nedekid:

Na wah,
Please "advice" Elon musk well, he does not have sense despite being worth over 200b usd.
We Nigerians have the sense and are good advisers, the only thing remaining for us is to have the billion dollars.
We will soon get there.. Amen?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Elon Musk Emerges As The Highest Loser Amongst American Billionaires In 2022 by oracle009(m): 3:29am On Jan 01, 2023
xandy84:
I am not going to pick up a fight with you cos I know you don't

Leave the shallow minded guy, bro. Lots of them here on nairaland. If they cannot understand that actions and inactions of wealthy class affects the global economy, and we all are stakeholders. It's an open situation. Then I wonder what else they can understand.

Elon kept on goofing by involving himself in partisan politics. This is affecting not just him, but thd global economy. The sheer number of Twitter workers sacked offset foreign remittances to asia.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Elon Musk Emerges As The Highest Loser Amongst American Billionaires In 2022 by xandy84: 4:11am On Jan 01, 2023
Elon fired janitorial staffs in Twitter headquarter that staff had to come to work with their own tissue paper.. His actions going to take years to fix. Elon fired some staffs, rehired same staffs in less than a week, only to fired them less than two weeks... That is insane.

oracle009:

Leave the shallow minded guy, bro. Lots of them here on nairaland. If they cannot understand that actions and inactions of wealthy class affects the global economy, and we all are stakeholders. It's an open situation. Then I wonder what else they can understand.

Elon kept on goofing by involving himself in partisan politics. This is affecting not just him, but thd global economy. The sheer number of Twitter workers sacked offset foreign remittances to asia.

3 Likes

Re: Elon Musk Emerges As The Highest Loser Amongst American Billionaires In 2022 by oracle009(m): 5:39am On Jan 01, 2023
xandy84:
Elon fired janitorial staffs in Twitter headquarter that staff had to come to work with their own tissue paper.. His actions going to take years to fix. Elon fired some staffs, rehired same staffs in less than a week, only to fired them less than two weeks... That is insane.

Currently, it doesn't seem the guy is atop his games

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dangote Refinery: Bailing Out The Unbailable - Investment Or Bailout? / Petty Theft At Shoprite Checkout Points, My Experience / Mike Adenuga Is The Biggest Billionaire Gainer In Africa In 2016 - Forbes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.