Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,458 members, 7,850,595 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:22 AM

Elon Musk Emerges As The Highest Loser Amongst American Billionaires In 2022 - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Elon Musk Emerges As The Highest Loser Amongst American Billionaires In 2022 (31089 Views)

Africa’s Top 10 Billionaires In 2024 / Nigeria Has Highest Number Of Self-made Billionaires In Africa 2023 / Elon Musk Is Now The Richest Person In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elon Musk Emerges As The Highest Loser Amongst American Billionaires In 2022 by Ameduedwin: 12:41pm On Jan 01, 2023
Roboto11:

Because of that nobody can have an opinion?

Dunce.
leave him, prophet of doom, Nigeria always have opinion and solution to other country matters but a failure in their own land/country.
Re: Elon Musk Emerges As The Highest Loser Amongst American Billionaires In 2022 by blowjohn(m): 12:42pm On Jan 01, 2023
blueAgent:

True.

I have been into this shit, for over 17years.
I understand all you said.

One thing I know , is this NWO dudes try to control both sides of the argument.

Ppl like Kanye west starting saying all this things when the get tired of the whole stuff, they want out, but never get out, they are either killed or setup and Imprisoned.

I think so far, kanye has been a difficult nut for then to crack.

Even kat Williams
Re: Elon Musk Emerges As The Highest Loser Amongst American Billionaires In 2022 by Bluntemperor: 12:48pm On Jan 01, 2023
Roboto11:
Musk may never recover.

Musk and Trump is like 5&6,the Americans knows and will surely get him!

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk Emerges As The Highest Loser Amongst American Billionaires In 2022 by Roboto11: 1:00pm On Jan 01, 2023
elsiusgr8t:

See urchin oh.....

You that is a paid urchin on nairaland... Can you do with that druggy's crumbs angry grin

How was your New Year day celebration?
Re: Elon Musk Emerges As The Highest Loser Amongst American Billionaires In 2022 by Betgold84: 1:02pm On Jan 01, 2023
Let the poor benefit from their losses.

ryloy:
Tesla and Twitter CEO Elon Musk has emerged as the highest loser amongst American Billionaires in 2022 according to Forbes.

Reports disclose that Musk has reportedly lost more than $130 billion from his net worth in 2022 as Tesla shares continue to fall, which his wealth is mostly tied to.

Meanwhile, globally, the world’s billionaires lost nearly $2 trillion combined in 2022, while in the United States, billionaires lost a total of $660 billion collectively.

Musk’s net worth peaked at over $300 billion earlier this year, unfortunately, a 68% year-to-date decline in Tesla stock erased a huge chunk of that.

This saw him displaced from the number one position of the richest man in the world, overtaken by LVMH chairman and CEO Bernard Arnault.

Arnault through holding vehicles and family trusts owns a little over 60% of LVMH’s voting share class, which according to Forbes estimates his worth to $186.2 billion.

https://www.tekedia.com/elon-musk-emerges-as-the-highest-loser-amongst-american-billionaires-in-2022/
Re: Elon Musk Emerges As The Highest Loser Amongst American Billionaires In 2022 by miqos02(m): 1:17pm On Jan 01, 2023
grandstar:

The major economies were basically in a severe recession due to the Pandemic. This was obviously due to the lockdowns which brought most economic activities to a halt.

In order to get their economies going again, governments chose to spend massive amounts of cash which would flood the economy with money. When consumers and companies begin to spend this money, it would boost economic activities and help revive the economy. This is the fiscal side which is basically government spending. This is a loose fiscal policy. They even print money.

The central banks in order to reflate the economy, usually reduce interest rates. When interest rates are reduced, it encourages borrowing which floods the economy with cash. Also, lower interest rates also reduce the amount of interests existing borrowers have to pay thereby leaving more cash in the system. In addition, because interest rates are low, this discourages saving money and people rather than save because of the low interest rates prefer to buy property, stocks or crypto with it which will bring a higher return on investment. This is a loose monetary policy.

With a loose fiscal and monetary policy, money floods the system. A lot of that money went into crypto and stocks. A lot also went into real estate. Sadly, the policies happened to be too loose as it eventually led to high consumer inflation of over 5% in the advanced countries. Normally for these countries, they never want inflation to go above 2%. To bring inflation down, they will need to tighten both fiscal and monetary policies.

I am busy now. I will discuss the two with you later today. You can also remind me.

I will do that sir. Thanks
Re: Elon Musk Emerges As The Highest Loser Amongst American Billionaires In 2022 by aulaka: 1:28pm On Jan 01, 2023
Black man and hatred na 5n6....

And this is why you may remain poor till eternity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Elon Musk Emerges As The Highest Loser Amongst American Billionaires In 2022 by Poweroftech(m): 2:04pm On Jan 01, 2023
Ok

Re: Elon Musk Emerges As The Highest Loser Amongst American Billionaires In 2022 by ericuzor(m): 3:42pm On Jan 01, 2023
Akuruoulo:

Google dry far from your phone?
it's a fake news..
Re: Elon Musk Emerges As The Highest Loser Amongst American Billionaires In 2022 by blueAgent(m): 4:24pm On Jan 01, 2023
blowjohn:

I think so far, kanye has been a difficult nut for then to crack.

Even kat Williams

Yeah.

But sometimes am not too convinced about Kanye's motives, weather they are for real or just fronting.

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk Emerges As The Highest Loser Amongst American Billionaires In 2022 by Nobodysboo(m): 5:54pm On Jan 01, 2023
Dem know how much i don lose
Re: Elon Musk Emerges As The Highest Loser Amongst American Billionaires In 2022 by Goldbw122(m): 8:03pm On Jan 01, 2023
maasoap:

Not all the time, there are some trial and error you do, there are some investment mistakes one makes but never recovers.
There is this Chinese business billionaire who went into real estate and ultimately become nobody with nothing! Still owing investors millions of dollars and now selling foods at his restaurant.
Yeah I saw that, life is not easy, survival of the fittest.
Re: Elon Musk Emerges As The Highest Loser Amongst American Billionaires In 2022 by Gadalo1990: 8:06pm On Jan 01, 2023
Moh247:
American fake stock valuation
U Get Zenze Ma Guy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dangote Refinery: Bailing Out The Unbailable - Investment Or Bailout? / Petty Theft At Shoprite Checkout Points, My Experience / Mike Adenuga Is The Biggest Billionaire Gainer In Africa In 2016 - Forbes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.