Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,383 members, 7,861,056 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:25 PM

The Legend Of Adaka Boro - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Legend Of Adaka Boro (2559 Views)

How Fulanis Used Adaka Boro To Kill Ironsi~graphic Pictures / Adaka Boro: Vindicating The Hausas And Yorubas / Pictures Of Heavy Equipments Moved To Boro Port. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Legend Of Adaka Boro by Captain8(m): 9:43am On Jan 05, 2023
Isaac Adaka Boro's arrest in 1966.

Aguiyi-Ironsi ordered Odumegwu-Ojukwu to hunt down Boro.
Mbiama and environs was surrounded by federal troops. They were told that the Ijaw man could survive underwater for days, so the river at Mbiama should be bombed to either kill Boro or make him come out from the water, because since they didn't find him and his boys early they said they got intelligence that he was hiding underwater at Mbiama. The Engenni river at Mbiama was actually bombed sometime late February 1966. The airforce plane flew very low up the river even to Joinkrama, and the surrounding bushes, frightening the Ijaw natives.
The same or greater siege was mounted at Yenagoa, Kaiama, Oloibiri and many other Central and Western Ijaw communities.
To save the people from the siege and attendant harassment by the federal forces, Boro and his comrades had to come out and surrender themselves.
Adaka(The Lion) Boro was a lover of his people.
May his revolutionary soul continue to rest in power.
Haaa Izon!

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Legend Of Adaka Boro by sageb: 1:15pm On Jan 05, 2023
Captain8:
Isaac Adaka Boro's arrest in 1966.

Aguiyi-Ironsi ordered Odumegwu-Ojukwu to hunt down Boro.
Mbiama and environs was surrounded by federal troops. They were told that the Ijaw man could survive underwater for days, so the river at Mbiama should be bombed to either kill Boro or make him come out from the water, because since they didn't find him and his boys early they said they got intelligence that he was hiding underwater at Mbiama. The Engenni river at Mbiama was actually bombed sometime late February 1966. The airforce plane flew very low up the river even to Joinkrama, and the surrounding bushes, frightening the Ijaw natives.
The same or greater siege was mounted at Yenagoa, Kaiama, Oloibiri and many other Central and Western Ijaw communities.
To save the people from the siege and attendant harassment by the federal forces, Boro and his comrades had to come out and surrender themselves.
Adaka(The Lion) Boro was a lover of his people.
May his revolutionary soul continue to rest in power.
Haaa Izon!

Anticipating Isaac Boro's day celebration this year.
The labour of our hero's past shall never be in vain.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Legend Of Adaka Boro by Sammy07: 1:17pm On Jan 05, 2023
You don start this new year undecided

3 Likes

Re: The Legend Of Adaka Boro by asanausana91: 2:03pm On Jan 05, 2023
This is the man that Ojukwu and Ironsi sentence to death, just because he asked for his freedom. Now, the same ojukwu is asking for the same thing.
Igbos can never be trusted

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Legend Of Adaka Boro by Captain8(m): 4:42pm On Jan 05, 2023
sageb:

Anticipating Isaac Boro's day celebration this year.
The labour of our hero's past shall never be in vain.
yes o
Re: The Legend Of Adaka Boro by Captain8(m): 4:43pm On Jan 05, 2023
Sammy07:
You don start this new year undecided
quiet..we are anticipating the upcoming Boro day
Re: The Legend Of Adaka Boro by Captain8(m): 4:45pm On Jan 05, 2023
asanausana91:
This is the man that Ojukwu and Ironsi sentence to death, just because he asked for his freedom. Now, the same ojukwu is asking for the same thing.
ibo people are not supposed to stay around human being

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Legend Of Adaka Boro by AlexBells(m): 4:46pm On Jan 05, 2023
Captain8 take it from me, if Adakar borro repeats again, he will still be hunted down, I think you clowns are so deep in celebrating and glorifying rebellions, the Federal Republic of Nigeria won’t be intimidated nor blackmailed, tell those you voted for to demand your exit

4 Likes

Re: The Legend Of Adaka Boro by Captain8(m): 7:51am On Jan 06, 2023
AlexBells:
Captain8 take it from me, if Adakar borro repeats again, he will still be hunted down, I think you clowns are so deep in celebrating and glorifying rebellions, the Federal Republic of Nigeria won’t be intimidated nor blackmailed, tell those you voted for to demand your exit
tender apology for tagging the freedom Adaka Boro fought for us as a rebellious....mind how you talk...be careful don't let God anger descent on you.
Adaka Boro was sent by God to come liberate his beloved people..unlike Ojukwu that was sent by stealing demon to steal other people's land.
Adaka Boro in his struggle never steal anybody's land.

mind how you speak of Adaka Boro.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Legend Of Adaka Boro by AlexBells(m): 8:58am On Jan 06, 2023
Captain8:
tender apology for tagging the freedom Adaka Boro fought for us as a rebellious....mind how you talk...be careful don't let God anger descent on you.
Adaka Boro was sent by God to come liberate his beloved people..unlike Ojukwu that was sent by stealing demon to steal other people's land.
Adaka Boro in his struggle never steal anybody's land.

mind how you speak of Adaka Boro.

You were just simply obsessed, when will you people learn. Adakar borro was a rebel, it is in whose side you see it, who was he in the Niger Delta mabdate to ask for secession.

I know it hurts you just same way it hurts Biafrans when I say I don't believe in the project, because I believe in AlaIgbo and secondly the Federal Republic, look your personal fancy shouldn't cloud your sense of judgement, I idolise Kaduna Nzeogwu becuase of his principles and commitment to honour but that doesn't change the fact he was a coupist.

Adakar borro was a rebel, if he believes that his people needs to be free, did he consult the representatives of the Niger Delta community in the Eastern region government to demand exit?, did southern Cameroon not exit?.

It just like what's happening with Biafra today, theres tussle for command and control but it doesn't make logical sense that the people vote for their governors and it is Nnandi Kanu and maybe Simon Ekpa fifgting for the people, when the people are fed up they would certainly take care of those they elected to represent them but for now any use of force otherwise is purely a rebellion which by the way has its place in statehood, Adakar borro maybe your heroe but technically he was a rebel.

And by the way, spare me the talk about God, God is too busy tending to those who really needs help, from what I see you are still blinded by your hero worship complex, call a spade a spade, tell the kings you have in Ijaw land to start secession moves that would be even be more official than just anybody with access to crude weapons disturbing the peace of the society.

2 Likes

Re: The Legend Of Adaka Boro by DMerciful(m): 9:05am On Jan 06, 2023
Are you from Niger Delta? If you are and don't know that your resources is being used to build Abuja, Lagos, Kano, Niger Republic train then you're sleeping. Better know your enemies else the Niger Delta will continue to be in a sorry state
asanausana91:

2 Likes

Re: The Legend Of Adaka Boro by gidgiddy: 9:13am On Jan 06, 2023
asanausana91:

See the 'one Nigerianist' who is talking about Boro as if he cares about freedom

This one only cares about using the Boro story to divide Ijaws and Igbos to protect his long failed 'one Nigeria'

6 Likes

Re: The Legend Of Adaka Boro by asanausana91: 9:15am On Jan 06, 2023
DMerciful:
Are you from Niger Delta? If you are and don't know that your resources is being used to build Abuja, Lagos, Kano, Niger Republic train then you're sleeping. Better know your enemies else the Niger Delta will continue to be in a sorry state
your enemies are the people that are very close to you. The so called resources would have remained for only Niger Deltans if Ojukwu and Ironsi did not kill hundreds of Niger Deltans in order to force them to be Nigerians.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Legend Of Adaka Boro by DMerciful(m): 9:19am On Jan 06, 2023
Wise up! Ojukwu is dead, Boro is dead but you and others whose resources is still being looted to their detriment are still alive. Fighting Igbos will never turn Niger Delta to be like Abuja or Lagos or Kano.

Do not be distracted from resource control and do not let history be your albatross. You're alive now, do something rather than barking the wrong tree
asanausana91:
your enemies are the people that are very close to you. The so called resources would have remained for only Niger Deltans if Ojukwu and Ironsi did not kill hundreds of Niger Deltans in order to force them to be Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: The Legend Of Adaka Boro by Captain8(m): 9:21am On Jan 06, 2023
AlexBells:

You were just simply obsessed, when will you people learn. Adakar borro was a rebel, it is in whose side you see it, who was he in the Niger Delta mabdate to ask for secession.

I know it hurts you just same way it hurts Biafrans when I say I don't believe in the project, because I believe in AlaIgbo and secondly the Federal Republic, look your personal fancy shouldn't cloud your sense of judgement, I idolise Kaduna Nzeogwu becuase of his principles and commitment to honour but that doesn't change the fact he was a coupist.

Adakar borro was a rebel, if he believes that his people needs to be free, did he consult the representatives of the Niger Delta community in the Eastern region government to demand exit?, did southern Cameroon not exit?.

It just like what's happening with Biafra today, theres tussle for command and control but it doesn't make logical sense that the people vote for their governors and it is Nnandi Kanu and maybe Simon Ekpa fifgting for the people, when the people are fed up they would certainly take care of those they elected to represent them but for now any use of force otherwise is purely a rebellion which by the way has its place in statehood, Adakar borro maybe your heroe but technically he was a rebel.

And by the way, spare me the talk about God, God is too busy tending to those who really needs help, from what I see you are still blinded by your hero worship complex, call a spade a spade, tell the kings you have in Ijaw land to start secession moves that would be even be more official than just anybody with access to crude weapons disturbing the peace of the society.
don't be fool,,,,southern cameroon was allowed to exit because they had no oil at that time,so the ibos felt it was a even burden to the government purse feeding such people.

Stopped talking like ignorant,,,,did you not heard of the Niger delta congress party that was led by Dapper Biriye?

This party work all hard to make sure the Ijaws are given separate region called niger delta, but the eastern government led by the ibos and their then ass licking ibibios say no.. they fought hard with all necessarily lawfully ways but, the eastern government refused..
but the Ijaws in the western region were allowed to go formed mid western region with others without strong agitation.....but in the east, where the agitation was born out and going fiercely was never allowed by the ibos and their then ass licking ibibios..so Adaka Boro was left with no choice than to speak the language the eastern government would understand...

And it come to passed..
Adaka Boro agitation gave us the old rivers state..

If not for Adaka Boro use of force we won't have gotten the rivers state.

So because of this use of force to removed the his people from the eastern region,,any ibo man who see Adaka Boro as hero is a fool because he he removed food and oil from the mouth of ibos......so the slaves in the then Eastern region that were freed forcefully by Adaka Boro see him as hero and celebrate him every year..

Adaka Boro was sent by God to freed Ijaw from the shackles of ibos with the use of force..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Legend Of Adaka Boro by asanausana91: 9:33am On Jan 06, 2023
gidgiddy:

See the 'one Nigerianist' who is talking about Boro as if he cares about freedom

This one only cares about using the Boro story to divide Ijaws and Igbos to protect his long failed 'one Nigeria'
no one Niger Deltan will trust an Igbo man.
Re: The Legend Of Adaka Boro by asanausana91: 9:38am On Jan 06, 2023
DMerciful:
Wise up! Ojukwu is dead, Boro is dead but you and others whose resources is still being looted to their detriment are still alive. Fighting Igbos will never turn Niger Delta to be like Abuja or Lagos or Kano.

Do not be distracted from resource control and do not let history be your albatross. You're alive now, do something rather than barking the wrong tree
ojukwu and Ironsi has already sold the Niger Delta to the north.
Re: The Legend Of Adaka Boro by DMerciful(m): 9:41am On Jan 06, 2023
You can stay in one place in your lamentations, pointing fingers to dead Ojukwu instead of fighting for whats possible now.

I'm from the Niger Delta and I'm ashamed of our docility
asanausana91:

4 Likes

Re: The Legend Of Adaka Boro by Fejoku: 10:03am On Jan 06, 2023
asanausana91:
Hahahaha... Can you explain how both Ojukwu and Ironsi sold the Niger Delta to the north?
Adaka was eventually killed by his friends who came to 'liberate' him from Ndigbo (his brothers) with whom his people had shared centuries if not millennials together. Today, all the resources in his ancestral lands belong to his northern friends who are using it to build up their lands while leaving his land polluted.
Adaka Boro was indeed a hero and his legacy must be preserved. Let the division between Ndigbo and Ijaw continue so that Boro's friends can continue to steal off our collective resources to cart away to their desert lands.

5 Likes

Re: The Legend Of Adaka Boro by Fejoku: 10:07am On Jan 06, 2023
Captain8:
ibo people are not supposed to stay around human being
May God bless you people with fulanis around you all the days of your existence on this Earth. Hausa people will agree with me.
Learn to spell 'Igbo' correctly else I'll be forced to start spelling Ijaw in the wrong way.

4 Likes

Re: The Legend Of Adaka Boro by asanausana91: 10:41am On Jan 06, 2023
Fejoku:

Hahahaha... Can you explain how both Ojukwu and Ironsi sold the Niger Delta to the north?
Adaka was eventually killed by his friends who came to 'liberate' him from Ndigbo (his brothers) with whom his people had shared centuries if not millennials together. Today, all the resources in his ancestral lands belong to his northern friends who are using it to build up their lands while leaving his land polluted.
Adaka Boro was indeed a hero and his legacy must be preserved. Let the division between Ndigbo and Ijaw continue so that Boro's friends can continue to steal off our collective resources to cart away to their desert lands.
if Ojukwu and Ironsi had allowed Boro to form his country, Nigeria would have been divided into 4 or 6 countries by now. Adaka Boro wouldn't have faught for Nigeria if Ojukwu and Ironsi did not sentence him to death.
All the suffering going on in the Niger Delta now is brought by the same people that are claiming brothers (igbos).

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Legend Of Adaka Boro by baretalk: 10:42am On Jan 06, 2023
True legend.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Legend Of Adaka Boro by APCHaram: 10:47am On Jan 06, 2023
AlexBells:

OSU unity begging attaché parasite .

Get it in your dense skull, Niger Delta is not Biafra .

Cannibal

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Legend Of Adaka Boro by APCHaram: 10:51am On Jan 06, 2023
asanausana91:
if Ojukwu and Ironsi had allowed Boro to form his country, Nigeria would have been divided into 4 or 6 countries by now. Adaka Boro wouldn't have faught for Nigeria if Ojukwu and Ironsi did not sentence him to death.
All the suffering going on in the Niger Delta now is brought by the same people that are claiming brothers (igbos).

Igbos are the number 1 enemies of the Niger Delta.

Why any true born Niger Deltan will support and vote an OSU who supports Zikism and Biafra is testament that the people of the Niger Delta really need to revisit the events of 1960 to 1970 to understand how that decade was full of Igbo plans to dominate , occupy and eliminate the people of the region.

59 odd years have passed since the war ended but the OSU is yet to learn , repent nor has he relented on their Igbo expansion.

A vote for Obi is a vote for IPOB .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Legend Of Adaka Boro by APCHaram: 10:55am On Jan 06, 2023
Fejoku:

Why is your OSU ass in this thread ?

Why should Adaka Boro thread draw the Igbo OSU parasites out from their dank existence like roaches?

Why are you posting on a thread that seeks to immortalize a true legend and defender of his people ?

OSU, better be getting out of this thread.

1 Like

Re: The Legend Of Adaka Boro by Maazieze(m): 11:17am On Jan 06, 2023
gidgiddy:

Exactly, How come he is a hero for wanting seccesion? I thought only devils wanted secession wink

2 Likes

Re: The Legend Of Adaka Boro by Maazieze(m): 11:20am On Jan 06, 2023
APCHaram:

Igbos are the number 1 enemies of the Niger Delta.

Why any true born Niger Deltan will support and vote an OSU who supports Zikism and Biafra is testament that the people of the Niger Delta really need to revisit the events of 1960 to 1970 to understand how that decade was full of Igbo plans to dominate , occupy and eliminate the people of the region.

59 odd years have passed since the war ended but the OSU is yet to learn , repent nor has he relented on their Igbo expansion.

A vote for Obi is a vote for IPOB .

Thats last sentence reveals your agenda, one nigerian but willing to use any means to bring APC to power. Abeg just admit you dont care about one nigeria and just like power

1 Like

Re: The Legend Of Adaka Boro by AlexBells(m): 12:33pm On Jan 06, 2023
Captain8:
don't be fool,,,,southern cameroon was allowed to exit because they had no oil at that time,so the ibos felt it was a even burden to the government purse feeding such people.

Stopped talking like ignorant,,,,did you not heard of the Niger delta congress party that was led by Dapper Biriye?

This party work all hard to make sure the Ijaws are given separate region called niger delta, but the eastern government led by the ibos and their then ass licking ibibios say no.. they fought hard with all necessarily lawfully ways but, the eastern government refused..
but the Ijaws in the western region were allowed to go formed mid western region with others without strong agitation.....but in the east, where the agitation was born out and going fiercely was never allowed by the ibos and their then ass licking ibibios..so Adaka Boro was left with no choice than to speak the language the eastern government would understand...

And it come to passed..
Adaka Boro agitation gave us the old rivers state..

If not for Adaka Boro use of force we won't have gotten the rivers state.

So because of this use of force to removed the his people from the eastern region,,any ibo man who see Adaka Boro as hero is a fool because he he removed food and oil from the mouth of ibos......so the slaves in the then Eastern region that were freed forcefully by Adaka Boro see him as hero and celebrate him every year..

Adaka Boro was sent by God to freed Ijaw from the shackles of ibos with the use of force..

Your stupid creek propaganda is dead and hey, you think I'm Biafran lol, I'm Igbo, I thank God that you have been put in your place, go manage your Bayelsa cause your relevance even in Rivers state of today is shaky, it is funny how you say Southern Cameroon was relieved becuase they don't have oil, how would you know who have oil as at that time, they were relieved becuase their representatives wanted so.

The Niger Delta party how many sit did they have or you mistake opposition as right to secession, the Niger Delta wanted to secede, isn't it the same problem with Biafra of today, today you said Akwa/Cross are Igbo asslickers what was the map of the so called Niger Delta Republic and who was Adaka borro to champion it, I don't need to remind you that the Federal Republic as it is today is Igbo brainchild, and if you want to secede you have the choice to secede with Bayelsa but let your governors and your senators be the one to present that otherwise you language would always be responded in kind.

What nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: The Legend Of Adaka Boro by APCHaram: 12:38pm On Jan 06, 2023
AlexBells:

Your stupid creek propaganda is dead and hey, you think I'm Biafran lol, I'm Igbo, I thank God that you have been put in your place, go manage your Bayelsa cause your relevance even in Rivers state of today is shaky, it is funny how you say Southern Cameroon was relieved becuase they don't have oil, how would you know who have oil as at that time, they were relieved becuase their representatives wanted so.

The Niger Delta party how many sit did they have or you mistake opposition as right to secession, the Niger Delta wanted to secede, isn't it the same problem with Biafra of today, today you said Akwa/Cross are Igbo asslickers what was the map of the so called Niger Delta Republic and who was Adaka borro to champion it, I don't need to remind you that the Federal Republic as it is today is Igbo brainchild, and if you want to secede you have the choice to secede with Bayelsa but let your governors and your senators be the one to present that otherwise you language would always be responded in kind.

What nonsense.

Carry your OSU ass out of here.

Do you not know your boundaries ?

Let the Ijaw celebrate their heroes just as no one is stopping you from celebrating that coward Ojukwu and the mad man KANU and his band of criminals ravaging your yeast.

2 Likes

Re: The Legend Of Adaka Boro by AlexBells(m): 12:54pm On Jan 06, 2023
APCHaram:

Carry your OSU ass out of here.

Do you not know your boundaries ?

Let the Ijaw celebrate their heroes just as no one is stopping you from celebrating that coward Ojukwu and the mad man KANU and his band of criminals ravaging your yeast.
I respect Ojukwu for fighting the war and showing our resolve thereby buying us considerate peace, I love him for fighting and his stance, no one would mess with the Igbos that way ever becuase of his single bravery, I don't respect him for Biafra for it was a terrible step, now to your the situation, they can celebrate Borro in the creeks but that's the end of it.

Today, what gain do they make by fighting the Igbos, Ijaw is the least developed nationality in the East, Ibom is better, Cross River, is better than Bayelsa and so is Edo and Delta, all the states in AlaIgbo is better in folds, that's bearing in mind that Asaba and PH are both Igboland, I don't message those fools ego, the OP is a fool, it just like yes I love Ironsi and I love Nzeogwu and Zik but I have to tell myself the truth that at some point these people's actions and inaction were dire, let him take his rebellious hero to the creeks, otherwise we have refined coupist, we have Ironsi which brought the more stable unitary system.

These people are badass too but their approach were a little brash, if we keep celebrating brash without caution it makes a deep fool out, the OPP is a fool for not understanding or trying to downplay the implications of such rebellion

1 Like

Re: The Legend Of Adaka Boro by APCHaram: 1:08pm On Jan 06, 2023
AlexBells:

I respect Ojukwu for fighting the war and showing our resolve thereby buying us considerate peace,

A resolve of annexing the Niger Delta parts into your rogue Biafra?

Peace that came with 3 million dead amidst mass starvation ?

You are deluded.

1 Like

Re: The Legend Of Adaka Boro by Fejoku: 1:16pm On Jan 06, 2023
APCHaram:

Why is your OSU ass in this thread ?

Why should Adaka Boro thread draw the Igbo OSU parasites out from their dank existence like roaches?

Why are you posting on a thread that seeks to immortalize a true legend and defender of his people ?

OSU, better be getting out of this thread.

I know your brain isn't working yet I choose to reply you just to prove to others that my assertion is correct.
I was attracted to the thread when Ojukwu and Ironsi were mentioned and accused falsely. It behooves on me and every true Igbo to probe any wrong accusations labelled on our heroes by both criminals and misguided urchins.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Profile Of Rivers State Labour Party Gubernatorial Candidate - Beatrice Itubo / Soludo’s Commissioners Decline To Pick Calls As Flood Shatters Newly-built Drain / Adedibu, Godfatherism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.