Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,999 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Adedibu, Godfatherism - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adedibu, Godfatherism (2550 Views)

Godfatherism In Nigeria's Politics. / Exclusive Interview With Lamidi Adedibu- Video / INEC Machines Found In Adedibu's House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adedibu, Godfatherism by MrBones1(m): 2:05pm On Aug 25, 2005
Who is the man trying to play God?

What if he did not live to see 2007?

No reconciliation with Ladoja, says Adedibu

"PROMINENT Ibadan politician, Alhaji Lamidi Adedibu, yesterday ruled out any form of reconciliation with Governor Rashidi Ladoja, saying it is battle to finish till 2007."

"I know Ladoja is killing my supporters because of his second term ambition which is merely a dream that will not come to reality. He cannot rewrite the history of Oyo State, none of the past state governors ruled the state for more than four years. The late Chief Bola Ige as well as Victor Olunloyo and Kolapo Ishola tried it but could not achieve it so what is Ladoja trying to do? Even if he is in my good book and has performed creditably well, he cannot make it for second term," he said.

"Let Ladoja try it and see. We made a mistake by appointing him in the first place. President Olusegun Obasanjo and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) party executives warned me against Ladoja's candidature but I did not listen, I have learnt my lessons, and I will show him who is in control in 2007," Adedibu said.
(Courtesy Guardian Newspapers 25/8/05)

Godfatherism in politics. How do we escape from it?
Re: Adedibu, Godfatherism by abduljabar: 8:20pm On Sep 30, 2005
From what has been happening it shows ADEDIBU IS A MAJOR PROBLEM FOR OYO STATE. The ealier he is made to pay for it the better for OYO STATE
From Abdul Jabar
Re: Adedibu, Godfatherism by Odeku(m): 4:17pm On Oct 12, 2005
Well, this guy look like one angry man, If the Governor is doing a credible job, why not let him continue in 2007 instead of bringing in new guy
Re: Adedibu, Godfatherism by Odeku(m): 4:17pm On Oct 12, 2005
Well, this guy look like one angry man, If the Governor is doing a credible job, why not let him continue in 2007 instead of bringing in new guy
Re: Adedibu, Godfatherism by Scorpio(f): 7:12pm On Dec 07, 2005
One good reason why i'll never support my husband about Politics in Nigeria
Re: Adedibu, Godfatherism by Odeku(m): 7:25pm On Dec 07, 2005
Well someone should tell this angry bitter Mogul that history is meant to be broken, and I will love to see the present Gov to a second term.
Re: Adedibu, Godfatherism by Ibarapaman: 2:24am On Dec 22, 2005
The main problem in Oyo State is the President. Governor Ladoja is competent of handling Adedibu. In fact he handled Adedibu effectively until the power at Abuja handed the party over to him just like the party in Anambra was handed over to the self-confessed election rigger and thug named Uba. Oyo State will be worse off if party machineries a left in the hands of thugs and hooligans. All the well meaning indigens of Oyo State are waiting for the Governor to tell us where to go. His new party will get our votes enmass. Ti waju o ba see lo, eyin a see pada si.
Re: Adedibu, Godfatherism by otokx(m): 4:47pm On Dec 27, 2005
You people are just making a hell of noise. So you actually think ur votes matter ko? Ladoja should thank his stars if he survives in that place beyond february. This is Naija where standards have been redefined and all fingers are not equal.
Re: Adedibu, Godfatherism by sethgoogle: 5:08am On Jan 16, 2006
The Oyo Saga has further depicted our poverty ridden society.anything for the NAIRA.
Adedibu is obviuosly using the NAIRA to bully his way through.

(1) (Reply)

Fela Anikulapo Kuti, President? / Obasanjo Compares Nigeria And Congo, 47 Years After / Ekiti Election: Ido-Osi Local Government Poll Result Analysis: Comments Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.