Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

Thousands Camp At US Job Fair: Yall In Nigeria Thought You Got It Bad? - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Thousands Camp At US Job Fair: Yall In Nigeria Thought You Got It Bad? (5660 Views)

Help Me Celebrate: I Got It! A Job / What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? / ICS Talent Bank: Biggest Job Fair In West Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thousands Camp At US Job Fair: Yall In Nigeria Thought You Got It Bad? by asha80(m): 12:51am On Sep 04, 2011
buzugee:

what happened to all the revolutionary leaders of africa who tried to make changes ? thomas sankara, patrice lumumba etc ? they got killed immediately. changing ? it will not be by our works. we are impotent to change it. its a cycle of life that just has to live itself out. maybe we are being punished for something. point being when the lord gets ready to destroy the usurpers of this world he will. till then ? we pray and grimace in pain at our existence  grin

this seems like typical naija thinking.

spiritualism is good but ability to face issues and be positively pragmatic is better.

sounds a bit like what my older cousin once said that she likes the way companies are shuuting down in nigeria increasing unemployement because it brings people closer to God hence the prolifiration of churches in the country.
Re: Thousands Camp At US Job Fair: Yall In Nigeria Thought You Got It Bad? by buzugee(m): 12:53am On Sep 04, 2011
redsun:

Self accountability is what matters,forget about what the british does.British most times do things to put you in chain but that is the way it is.What do you do to curtail them?or manipulate them .Are we really sincere to ourselves?
there cannot be self accountability in a nation that does not own itself. its not possible. so long as you have something that the bigger powers of the world want ? you can never have self accountability. there may be accountability to the bigger powers but thats it. the bigger powers own our govt and hence they are only accountable to them. am sure uou can see this pattern in every african country in this world except libya which is why ghaddafi got bombed to smithereens.
Re: Thousands Camp At US Job Fair: Yall In Nigeria Thought You Got It Bad? by redsun(m): 12:57am On Sep 04, 2011
asha 80:

spiritualism is good but ability to face issues and be positively pragmatic is better.

sounds a bit like what my older cousin once said that she likes the way companies are shuuting down in nigeria increasing unemployement because it brings people closer to God hence the prolifiration of churches in the country.

That sounds weird.Is buz a christian? i thought he is more than that.
Re: Thousands Camp At US Job Fair: Yall In Nigeria Thought You Got It Bad? by buzugee(m): 12:58am On Sep 04, 2011
asha 80:

nah this aint typical naija thinking. i am more of a realist. if your govt is owned by outside forces there is nothing you can do. all you can do is cut the govt out of your life. form community groups and then work together to better your own lives. pay a stipend every month into the community pot and then use that money to fix your own roads, to get solar panels to dig bore holes, to annexe your community into gated communities and then hire maiguard to guard the entrance of the community. THIS IS WHAT YOU CAN DO TO BETTER YOUR LOT IN A COUNTRY WHERE YOUR GOVT DOES NOT BELONG TO YOU. NOW MY QUESTION TO YOUIS WHICH OF THESE HAVE YOU DONE / ABI YOU ARE JUST AN ARM CHAIR REBEL WHO HUFFS AND PUFFS ON THE COMPUTER BUT DOCILE IN REAL LIFE WHEN IT COMES TO TAKING ACTIONS TO BETTER HIS LOT AND COMMUNITY ?
Re: Thousands Camp At US Job Fair: Yall In Nigeria Thought You Got It Bad? by buzugee(m): 12:59am On Sep 04, 2011
redsun:

That sounds weird.Is buz a christian? i thought he is more than that.
lol Redsun i am a spiritual being. i am not too heavy on religion
Re: Thousands Camp At US Job Fair: Yall In Nigeria Thought You Got It Bad? by asha80(m): 1:02am On Sep 04, 2011
buzugee:

nah this aint typical naija thinking. i am more of a realist. if your govt is owned by outside forces there is nothing you can do. all you can do is cut the govt out of your life. form community groups and then work together to better your own lives. pay a stipend every month into the community pot and then use that money to fix your own roads, to get solar panels to dig bore holes, to annexe your community into gated communities and then hire maiguard to guard the entrance of the community. THIS IS WHAT YOU CAN DO TO BETTER YOUR LOT IN A COUNTRY WHERE YOUR GOVT DOES NOT BELONG TO YOU. NOW MY QUESTION TO YOUIS WHICH OF THESE HAVE YOU DONE / ABI YOU ARE JUST AN ARM CHAIR REBEL WHO HUFFS AND PUFFS ON THE COMPUTER BUT DOCILE IN REAL LIFE WHEN IT COMES TO TAKING ACTIONS TO BETTER HIS LOT AND COMMUNITY ?

my guy you do not know who i am so just keep that line of thought out of your mind.i am even the one supposed to make this comment since you seem to be based more outside.
Re: Thousands Camp At US Job Fair: Yall In Nigeria Thought You Got It Bad? by redsun(m): 1:03am On Sep 04, 2011
buzugee:

lol Redsun i am a spiritual being. i am not too heavy on religion

I don't get you there.As a realist,you know these things can happen if we choose to.What ever we go for is what we get,we don't have to be under the spell of bad government,abject misery and imperialism.
Re: Thousands Camp At US Job Fair: Yall In Nigeria Thought You Got It Bad? by buzugee(m): 1:04am On Sep 04, 2011
asha 80:

my guy you do not know who i am so just keep that line of thought out of your mind.i am even the one supposed to make this comment since you seem to be based more outside.
lol like i said , stop waiting on a non-existing govt. LIKE NIKE, JUST DO IT.
Re: Thousands Camp At US Job Fair: Yall In Nigeria Thought You Got It Bad? by asha80(m): 1:06am On Sep 04, 2011
buzugee:

lol like i said , stop waiting on a non-existing govt. LIKE NIKE, JUST DO IT.

well like i earlier said talk is cheap.when you come back permanently to your viillage we can talk.
Re: Thousands Camp At US Job Fair: Yall In Nigeria Thought You Got It Bad? by buzugee(m): 1:07am On Sep 04, 2011
redsun:

I don't get you there.As a realist,you know these things can happen if we choose to.What ever we go for is what we get,we don't have to be under the spell of bad government,abject misery and imperialism.
RIGHT. in africa people have to do for self. stop relying on a non-existent govt. do your own thang. you know how many people in the west would kill to have a system like africa with no govt interference whatsoever ? personally i dont think africas problem is the govt. africas problem is the docility of its indigenes
Re: Thousands Camp At US Job Fair: Yall In Nigeria Thought You Got It Bad? by buzugee(m): 1:08am On Sep 04, 2011
asha 80:

well like i earlier said talk is cheap.when you come back permanently to your viillage we can talk.
how you know i aint in my village right now ? cheesy
Re: Thousands Camp At US Job Fair: Yall In Nigeria Thought You Got It Bad? by redsun(m): 1:10am On Sep 04, 2011
buzugee:

RIGHT. in africa people have to do for self. stop relying on a non-existent govt. do your own thang. you know how many people in the west would kill to have a system like africa with no govt interference whatsoever ? personally i dont think africas problem is the govt. africas problem is the docility of its indigenes

So what are you proposing?Revolution abi?What type of revolution? violent,mental or economical?
Re: Thousands Camp At US Job Fair: Yall In Nigeria Thought You Got It Bad? by buzugee(m): 2:57am On Sep 04, 2011
redsun:

So what are you proposing?Revolution abi?What type of revolution? violent,mental or economical?
revolution ? nah. self reliance is what i am proposing.
Re: Thousands Camp At US Job Fair: Yall In Nigeria Thought You Got It Bad? by manny4life(m): 11:47pm On Sep 04, 2011
@OP,

So what is your point? This was a job fair; an average job fair has between 30 to 100 participating Corporations / Companies. Are youcomparing it to Nigeria where 5,000 applicants apply for one job? Jeez, this is a fair, a forum where folks interact with various job recruiters and depending on the kind of companies participating, you will need admission into the job fair. I know 5,000 might be a large number but compare it to the number of participating organizations, I'm so certain that the ratio is nothing compared to that of Nigeria.
Re: Thousands Camp At US Job Fair: Yall In Nigeria Thought You Got It Bad? by Finecat(m): 1:09am On Sep 05, 2011
@OP

The guy that posted this Nonsense is attempting to Bash America by posting this picture. But he forgot to mention that there were almost 300 good Employers at this job fair Organized by Congressional black Caucus in Atlanta. And many reportedly got a job they want.
Re: Thousands Camp At US Job Fair: Yall In Nigeria Thought You Got It Bad? by AfroBlue(m): 2:16am On Sep 05, 2011
Afraid of the west. Most African leader are Afraid of disobeying their white master

the white master is more than a person. the white master is a hand puppet of demonic forces. if you are not right with God as all our kleptocrats obviously aint, then you have to cower to a force greater than you.

buzugee, you hit the nail on the head concerning satanic power and forces

This is a long article but chocked full of knowledge and information concerning that viewpoint

The Black Pope - The Most Powerful Man In The World?
Rick Martin Interviews Eric Jon Phelps, Apr 15, 2000

http://www.illuminati-news.com/black-pope1.htm
Re: Thousands Camp At US Job Fair: Yall In Nigeria Thought You Got It Bad? by dablow(m): 2:55am On Sep 05, 2011
I was there!!! I tell u what,keep your job to your chest and whatever you do,do it well
Re: Thousands Camp At US Job Fair: Yall In Nigeria Thought You Got It Bad? by MMM2(m): 6:02am On Sep 05, 2011
Re: Thousands Camp At US Job Fair: Yall In Nigeria Thought You Got It Bad? by tunnytox(m): 11:06am On Sep 05, 2011
The US has its problems too just like any other country but what I find to believe is all these stories of US citizens having to commit crime just to be able to get treated in the hospital as the do not have medical cover. undecided
Re: Thousands Camp At US Job Fair: Yall In Nigeria Thought You Got It Bad? by baslone: 12:55pm On Sep 05, 2011
Photo shop! cheesy
Re: Thousands Camp At US Job Fair: Yall In Nigeria Thought You Got It Bad? by kabukabu50(m): 2:34pm On Sep 05, 2011
Nigerians are the biggest hypocrites, whining about jobs in the US , how many jobs are there in Nigeria.Nigeria doesn't have the immigration rate that the US has,matter of fact Nigeria loses more through emmigration and they still have more millions that are unemployed compared to the US.

The OP point is moot,all these unemployed people in the US got paid for being out of work for not less that 6 months to a year, can anyone in Nigeria boast of that.Food stamps,housing assistance,medicaid, don't exist in Nigeria, there are no buffers in Nigeria so when you are down you have NO recourse.

Just as I expected the same ol conspiracy theorists on this thread,illuminati,new world order,govt created hurricanes, blah blah.It really gets old,especially considering some of your guys ages. wink
Re: Thousands Camp At US Job Fair: Yall In Nigeria Thought You Got It Bad? by baslone: 3:54pm On Sep 05, 2011
Yeah! Someone has even mentioned these people live in luxury apartments better than those of Banana. grin
Re: Thousands Camp At US Job Fair: Yall In Nigeria Thought You Got It Bad? by member479760: 10:30pm On Sep 05, 2011
Yes, they are looking for jobs, from the photo they are all looking good, fat and no sign of suffering. they have 24/7 light, internet, etc.
Re: Thousands Camp At US Job Fair: Yall In Nigeria Thought You Got It Bad? by Select(m): 3:43am On Sep 06, 2011
Interesting!
Re: Thousands Camp At US Job Fair: Yall In Nigeria Thought You Got It Bad? by sley4life(m): 5:56pm On Sep 06, 2011
i tot 9ja they carry last. So America join the list

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

You Won't Believe How Much A Company Want To Pay A Graduate With NYSC Cert. / Seven-Up Bottling Company Opens Portal for APRIL 2020 Recruitment / Get An Oil And Gas City And Guilds Certification In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.