Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,301 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:29 AM

What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? (26527 Views)

Be Honest Would You Accept This Kind Of Job As Graduate(see Salary) / How To Turn Your Internship Into A Real Job / Nairalanders: What Job Can I Do As An O'level Graduate Before Enteringuniversity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by Nosu(m): 8:45am On Oct 02, 2015
I have seen alot of graduate sit at home and do nothing. They blame everybody and everything for their condition when they can do something, no matter how odd it is before they secure a job.

For me, I did commercial driving for a while and almost got engaged at a car wash before I secured a job.
This might now look odd, but I also took so private home teaching around my area.

I want you to contribute to this, so that we can encourage someone out there doing nothing.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by yak(m): 8:58am On Oct 02, 2015
I tot in a Secondary School where my pay was 5k when I threatened to resign, it was raised to 9500. later I moved to anoda and earned 25k with intense home lesson like say life no remain

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 02, 2015
There is nothing ODD about any JOB as long as it pays the bill . . .
The only thing is that you are learning and expanding your knowledge. That same Odd Job is someone else prayer point.

Final Bullet :
Its all about how you do what you do. If you can deliver excellence people would pay you more later.
...She Stoops Low To Conquer...

32 Likes

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by Nosu(m): 9:52am On Oct 02, 2015
drylman:
There is nothing ODD about any JOB as long as it pays the bill . . .
The only thing is that you are learning and expanding your knowledge. That same Odd Job is someone else prayer point.

Final Bullet :
Its all about how you do what you do. If you can deliver excellence people would pay you more later.
...She Stoops Low To Conquer...

Loaded, great contribution

6 Likes

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by Nosu(m): 9:58am On Oct 02, 2015
yak:
I tot in a Secondary School where my pay was 5k when I threatened to resign, it was raised to 9500. later I moved to anoda and earned 25k with intense home lesson like say life no remain

I went to a school to teach and I was told my salary is 10,000 or so, that was when I started considering working at the car wash because I realised from my calculate that I could make double or more and there is still this possible that one of the car owner could take note that I am a graduate and link me up.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by HungerBAD: 10:51am On Oct 02, 2015
Did so many.

Wait make i think which one bad pass.

3 Likes

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by Babaneh(m): 10:51am On Oct 02, 2015
And what do u want to do with that...Abeh don't let me remember thebugly past jare... My future is d koko now...

Instead ask me where I intend to work in the nearest future... tongue

6 Likes

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by Omotayor123(f): 10:52am On Oct 02, 2015
Make I learn Abeg.. smiley
*Grab a sit*

1 Like

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by LordMecuzy(m): 10:52am On Oct 02, 2015
Lol I taught in a Small nursery school in 2010 after my service for 8600

It was then I knew teaching in nursery and primary school was more hectic than a Secondary and University..

Chai, So much noise and disturbance, You'll tell them to sit in a place before the blink of an eye they've ran out playing,

You'll teach all the subjects, so there's was really no free break for me then..

Some always poo on their shorts, Chai I suffered for 4months with them before I got a job with a foreign NGO, tho I'm still eyeing a UN or WorldBank job incase anyone here got the connect,

In fact I wish I can have the chance to meet all my kindergarten,Nursery and Primary School teachers I'll bow down for them Biko

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by richyfunky(m): 10:52am On Oct 02, 2015
Labourer and piecesing of Trailer parts. Now teaching in a private school. Still believing God for a better Job

18 Likes

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by SUPAMODE: 10:52am On Oct 02, 2015
ok
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by Babatindan: 10:53am On Oct 02, 2015
I worked as a clerical officer in an organisation where i take memos to graduates like me but fortunately for me I got a FG job by reading punch news paper which was brought for myk
boss. Infact, i didn't regret those years.v

18 Likes

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by freedom96: 10:53am On Oct 02, 2015
Nosu:

I went to a school to teach and I was told my salary is 10,000 or so, that was when I started considering working at the car wash because I realised from my calculate that I could make double or more and there is still this possible that one of the car owner could take note that I am a graduate and link me up.
me this kind topics scare me o.Car wash after bagging a degree?Our condition no good o

1 Like

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by chiefololade: 10:53am On Oct 02, 2015
I still never get my dream job

2 Likes

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by pawesome(m): 10:53am On Oct 02, 2015
I drove keke napep...

11 Likes

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by IamforGod: 10:53am On Oct 02, 2015
smiley
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by Acidosis(m): 10:53am On Oct 02, 2015
What are the characteristics of real & odd jobs?

Some folks on the thread feel HOME LESSONS & TEACHING are odd jobs.

I'm confused, as I'm a graduate and I don't consider these jobs in anyway odd for a graduate. Abi no be same 4 year Bachelor we do for school? I'm confused.

Where else do you folks want to work? Lai Muhammed AC-fitted office?

3 Likes

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by slap1(m): 10:54am On Oct 02, 2015
Private school teacher...I'm doing a better job now, though not a real job.

5 Likes

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by IamforGod: 10:54am On Oct 02, 2015
I was a pt student!!!

Worked / hustled in computer village.

Worked in a boutique on allen.

Worked in another boutique ikeja!

Took all sort of insults just to make it in life and not to sleep with men for money. embarassed

But God took control and is still taking control.

83 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by eazysmiles: 10:56am On Oct 02, 2015
ok
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by Immatex(m): 10:58am On Oct 02, 2015
Laundry. After that I went to my Alma Mata to become a Lecturer assistant- a voluntary job. After which I did a 30k monthly analyst job with a big PH firm. While there I got my letter of appointment with a Foreign multinational where I currently work earning good pay but giving 100% of my time.

13 Likes

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by OLUWAFUNMISE(f): 10:58am On Oct 02, 2015
cool
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by saxwizard(m): 10:59am On Oct 02, 2015
rice planting

3 Likes

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by MadCow1: 11:00am On Oct 02, 2015
Worked as a Labourer.. Cleaned houses under construction abroad for 20 dollars an Hour pay.

Worked as a Mini van Driver. Transporting Building materials from Shop to site and all..

I applied and begged for Security Guard jobs, Hotel Cleaner jobs, Shop attendant jobs, even Garbage disposal jobs.. But I was always over qualified. grin

I sacked myself and deported myself back to Nigeria after 1 year of that yeye life.

No Regrets.. cool

43 Likes

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by BRAV0O(m): 11:02am On Oct 02, 2015
Nice one op, dis kind of thread will let u no, u're not alone in whatever circumstance life throw at you and encourage you to do more

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by prettyjo(f): 11:02am On Oct 02, 2015
observing
Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by Samneer: 11:03am On Oct 02, 2015
I followed my Mum to catering services ocassionaly
Did Laundry services
Online Jobs
Call a tutor service
And Online Consultancy (Admission seekers into foreign schools)
Infact the list is endless
But Thank God for today

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Odd Jobs Did You Do As Graduate Before You Got A Real Job? by Nobody: 11:03am On Oct 02, 2015
Guys, that my own experience hennn, NA gbege.
I applied to a hotel around the ibeju lekki side and was told I will start from being a casual worker for 2 weeks and when they employ me I will work for 2 weeks without pay.
I took the job in good faith.
I was made too work at the house keeping for 9days after which I was transferred to works, where they repair all plumbing faults. tis isn't a palatable experience at all. expectially a girl who terrorize my life for me in the house keeping department. This girl cannot speak "I am coming back" she's always using the native language with a very chronic deep ijebu dialect. yet she would order me like I was nothing, like she created my destiny. That girl was very rude ooo. she made me saw hell. she once told me I would wash 60 bed spread and 20 duvet when the washing machine got faulty. I wan die. but all die NA die, NA hin I change am ooo. before I was left alone. at the end of the whole thing the pay was 20k minus tax and staff levy, I was left with 17600 at the end of every month and yes I got my new work from there through a rich guest who hooked me up with this new job. I thank God for my life , although I'm not comfortable with the work I found now but Alliamdulilahi, I am managing. U fit thank God for me with like nah, yes ,if u mean well for.me and also expecting a miracle in your life before the end of the year. hit like jare....

227 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria Police Get Approval To Recruit More Personnel – Official / How Much Salary Is Enough Salary In This Economy / CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.