Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,683 members, 7,851,346 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 05:32 PM

Discos Make ₦‎296 Billion In Three Months – NERC Report - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Discos Make ₦‎296 Billion In Three Months – NERC Report (7194 Views)

Discos Make N1tn Amid Grid Crisis, Unmetered Customers Hit 5.8m / Do Not Pay For Electricity After 2 Weeks – NERC Announces New Regulations / We Are No Longer Responsible For Electricity Meters - Discos Tell Consumers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Discos Make ₦‎296 Billion In Three Months – NERC Report by thrillionaire(m): 12:07pm On Jan 06, 2023
HigherEd:
Omo this people are making serious cash.
These.
So how far, you've been scarce in here.. especially in defense of the gospel. Happy new year mahn.
Re: Discos Make ₦‎296 Billion In Three Months – NERC Report by Bigchristo: 12:08pm On Jan 06, 2023
Re: Discos Make ₦‎296 Billion In Three Months – NERC Report by edoairways: 12:18pm On Jan 06, 2023
Until this sector is fully privatised, nothing will change

1 Like

Re: Discos Make ₦‎296 Billion In Three Months – NERC Report by Psady(m): 12:33pm On Jan 06, 2023
yesloaded:
If there's adequate metering and constant supply of electricity, they will definitely take in trillions of Naira

I couldn't finish up 5,000naira recharge since last year January because some months, I won't even enjoy cummulative of 1hr of power supply

98 of my neighbour now use solar both mini & moderate ones based on their capability infact some disconnect NEPA completely to avoid disturbance from their staff
Yepa! What's left is to put the transformer for sale. This people(nepa) can be so wicked, how can u neglect an area without light that long without any serious steps to rectify the problem?
Re: Discos Make ₦‎296 Billion In Three Months – NERC Report by Minjim: 12:39pm On Jan 06, 2023
oluwaseyi0:

Wait until you hear there running cost

Which running cost?!

How many areas have stable power?l

Two days counting now, no power
Re: Discos Make ₦‎296 Billion In Three Months – NERC Report by brandsoncharlie: 1:57pm On Jan 06, 2023
KingOfTheDamned:
The scammer incharge of PHED Dr Uweh is just a fraudster .

They sell band allocation in Phed to areas where they get bribed to supply good power supply and even if you raise the matter up nothing is done.

Phed In rivers state is just terrible. After removing De Henry Ajagbawa everything has gone to hell in PHED ... This Uweh is a stupid useless idiot whom they just put there as a figure head... His managers are running the company as they like
I thought you people are enjoying 24hours electricity in portharcourt grin grin
Re: Discos Make ₦‎296 Billion In Three Months – NERC Report by brandsoncharlie: 2:01pm On Jan 06, 2023
seunny4lif:
This people are cashing out like this and yet we can’t have 24 hrs electricity like normal nation.

This is serious
See oh.
Re: Discos Make ₦‎296 Billion In Three Months – NERC Report by Nobody: 2:03pm On Jan 06, 2023
seunny4lif:
This people are cashing out like this and yet we can’t have 24 hrs electricity like normal nation.

This is serious

296 billion cannot give us twenty four hours power.

Unless it is 296 billion dollars...not naira.

1 Like

Re: Discos Make ₦‎296 Billion In Three Months – NERC Report by Bobbiee: 2:16pm On Jan 06, 2023
The GENCOs, DISCOs, and TRANSCOs are one of the big problems plaguing our country
Re: Discos Make ₦‎296 Billion In Three Months – NERC Report by seunny4lif(m): 2:41pm On Jan 06, 2023
Kobonaire234:

Bro, that’s a lost of money even in Naira.
If they provide 24/7 electricity then they will make more Monty
Re: Discos Make ₦‎296 Billion In Three Months – NERC Report by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jan 06, 2023
seunny4lif:

Bro, that’s a lost of money even in Naira.
If they provide 24/7 electricity then they will make more Monty

Fact is, they are not making enough money.

They need to make far more than that before we get 24 hour power....more like trillions of naira.

Not this one where only 69% of people pay for power, and government is setting your prices
Re: Discos Make ₦‎296 Billion In Three Months – NERC Report by lexy2014: 3:55pm On Jan 06, 2023
omoadeleye:

Government businesses doesn't work to make profit, they can only make money to run their operations.

Are they govt businesses?
Re: Discos Make ₦‎296 Billion In Three Months – NERC Report by CheapHomes1: 4:00pm On Jan 06, 2023
Kobonaire234:

296billion naira won't be enough for nigeria or PHED?
Re: Discos Make ₦‎296 Billion In Three Months – NERC Report by DeOTR: 4:15pm On Jan 06, 2023
Kobonaire234:

Fact is, they are not making enough money.

They need to make far more than that before we get 24 hour power....more like trillions of naira.

Not this one where only 69% of people pay for power, and government is setting your prices
I've not exhausted 5k I subscribed since last September. The load on our transformer is much and they have to do a day on, a day off rotation, even at that, we still don't have stable supply on our designated days (hardly 8 hours any day).
AEDC is waiting for us to buy transformers so they can collect the bills. Is that how business is run?
I work from home, so I spend close to 40k monthly on fueling generator. I had to go buy solar that's capable of powering my devices.
I wouldn't mind if they hike the tariff as long as the supply is constant, but as it is now, the discos are comfortable with what they have. More so, they are comfortable selling darkness in the guise of estimated billing.
Re: Discos Make ₦‎296 Billion In Three Months – NERC Report by Simeonjoe1: 4:45pm On Jan 06, 2023
HigherEd:
Omo this people are making serious cash.

In a country of 200m+ people with industry and millions of homes this is plenty cash in your eye?
When they should be making nothing less than $10bn or 7trn naira.
This is mediocre and would negate foreign investment in nigeria power sector as theirs no real profit compare to cost....

Make prepaid meter available to every homes, shops and offices,eliminate estimated billing , then watch power investment spike
Re: Discos Make ₦‎296 Billion In Three Months – NERC Report by Tunex25(m): 4:52pm On Jan 06, 2023
IbeOkehie:
This is an inflammatory news report. Revenue is not profit. That should be very easy to understand for any educated and reasonable person.

The Discos don't control the price at which they BUY electricity or SELL electricity. The price of access to Kainji dam and the price of natural gas is also regulated. The government dictates all those prices and even approves the budgets of the Discos.

The central electricity distribution company is called TCN and it's 100% owned by the government. I think government also owns 49% of each Disco. Make una look the thing well, who REALLY controls electricity in Nigeria if not government. undecided

The solution to the electricity industry problems is decentralization, complete privatization and deregulation of prices.

If there was a way to encourage the mass adoption of solar systems for homes, that would also help. For now solar systems are just too expensive for most consumers or homeowners. Cost are coming down but S L O W L Y.

It's hard to get Nigerians to collaborate. The more decentralized and individualized the system, the better. So each person or family can bear their own costs. The record is clear, public controlled systems don't work in Nigeria.

Las Las, let government take back all the electricity industry and revamp NEPA and provide free electricity for all. That's their duty under Chapter 2 of the Constitution.
Your statements are only based on speculations not facts.
Re: Discos Make ₦‎296 Billion In Three Months – NERC Report by fortunez1(m): 10:14pm On Jan 06, 2023
Omo
Re: Discos Make ₦‎296 Billion In Three Months – NERC Report by jimcaddy(m): 11:58pm On Jan 06, 2023
At the end of the day, they use the bulk of it to pay those ogas stoopid armed robber salaries, while the marketers who actually do the field work are paid peanuts.
Re: Discos Make ₦‎296 Billion In Three Months – NERC Report by InneRpro: 6:37am On Jan 07, 2023
Hello guys please recognise me
Re: Discos Make ₦‎296 Billion In Three Months – NERC Report by Tdunjoye: 6:40am On Jan 07, 2023
Kobonaire234:

even in naira that's alot of money
Re: Discos Make ₦‎296 Billion In Three Months – NERC Report by Nobody: 7:05am On Jan 07, 2023
Tdunjoye:
even in naira that's alot of money

They are planning to build a 750mw station in Lagos that would cost 350bn naira.

In other words , money raised by bills from several discos in three months cannot build a 750 MW station.

Keep in mind that we need far more than 750mw for 24 hour supply. Lagos alone needs 10000mw as at 2010 even.

The power supply situation in nigeria needs more money than you think

(1) (2) (Reply)

APC Holds Rally For Tinubu, Other Candidates In Gwadabawa, Sokoto State / Pictures Of Protest Against 'national Dialogue Summit' In Lagos / Anambra Has Never At Any Point Been The Economic Power Of The East-stats

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.