Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,160 members, 7,953,605 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:25 PM

Pictures Of Protest Against 'national Dialogue Summit' In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Protest Against 'national Dialogue Summit' In Lagos (7219 Views)

Live PICS Of Protest Going On At IKEDC / Occupy Nigeria: Pictures Of Protest At World Bank Hq,Washington DC, Us / Pictures Of Protest In Benin City South-south (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pictures Of Protest Against 'national Dialogue Summit' In Lagos by mukina2: 3:00pm On Feb 06, 2012

Re: Pictures Of Protest Against 'national Dialogue Summit' In Lagos by Igwe9(m): 3:10pm On Feb 06, 2012
What is their problem, btw, they"all look hungry to me and I think they'r been sponsored. angry
Re: Pictures Of Protest Against 'national Dialogue Summit' In Lagos by Atigba: 3:15pm On Feb 06, 2012
Naija, tongue embarassed embarassed kiss
Re: Pictures Of Protest Against 'national Dialogue Summit' In Lagos by ismhab(m): 3:16pm On Feb 06, 2012
10 men protest, see how 20 naira dey work, thanks to the poverty that prevail naija.
Re: Pictures Of Protest Against 'national Dialogue Summit' In Lagos by ismhab(m): 3:20pm On Feb 06, 2012
10 men protest, see how 20 naira dey work, thanks to the poverty that prevail nigeria.
Re: Pictures Of Protest Against 'national Dialogue Summit' In Lagos by executinal(m): 3:40pm On Feb 06, 2012
ismhab:

10 men protest, see how 20 naira dey work, thanks to the poverty that prevail nigeria.
ismhab:

10 men protest, see how 20 naira dey work, thanks to the poverty that prevail naija.
Igwe.:

What is their problem, btw, they"all look hungry to me and I think they'r been sponsored. angry
grin grin grin grin grin You guys no well, they are speaking for Nigeria and all you could come with is this grin grin grin
Re: Pictures Of Protest Against 'national Dialogue Summit' In Lagos by kizito96(m): 3:41pm On Feb 06, 2012
They are jobless
Re: Pictures Of Protest Against 'national Dialogue Summit' In Lagos by walata44(m): 3:45pm On Feb 06, 2012
Your title is misleading. Only if you have ulterior motives, reading through the message on the placard they seems to support the summit.
Re: Pictures Of Protest Against 'national Dialogue Summit' In Lagos by Nobody: 4:01pm On Feb 06, 2012
who b dis mumu people sef even proverty sympathesis wit dem
Re: Pictures Of Protest Against 'national Dialogue Summit' In Lagos by Nobody: 4:04pm On Feb 06, 2012
who b dis mumu people sef even proverty sympathesis wit dem.
Re: Pictures Of Protest Against 'national Dialogue Summit' In Lagos by ismhab(m): 4:05pm On Feb 06, 2012
executinal:

grin grin grin grin grin You guys no well, they are speaking for Nigeria and all you could come with is this grin grin grin
How are they speaking for Nigeria?
Re: Pictures Of Protest Against 'national Dialogue Summit' In Lagos by highland(m): 4:08pm On Feb 06, 2012
Right of protest, but sometimes the idea are usually sponsored by the cabal in secret looking for one benefit from the Govt.
Re: Pictures Of Protest Against 'national Dialogue Summit' In Lagos by kemmeye: 4:13pm On Feb 06, 2012
nigerians like to protest too much jare.
Re: Pictures Of Protest Against 'national Dialogue Summit' In Lagos by Nobody: 4:40pm On Feb 06, 2012
Meeen, U get paid for protesting in Naija this days, According to what i heard o! Atleast, u get like 2k for holding a placard, With d rate of unemployment in Naija, 2k will make u do what they r doin even if it is wrong or right.
Re: Pictures Of Protest Against 'national Dialogue Summit' In Lagos by executinal(m): 4:45pm On Feb 06, 2012
ismhab:

How are they speaking for Nigeria?
Dd you read the placard?? angry angry
walata44:

Your title is misleading. Only if you have ulterior motives, reading through the message on the placard they seems to support the summit.
Thank you for this observation, some folks are fast to conlude without reading through the message the guys is trying to pass across, rather basetheir conclusion on the title. The title should be PROTEST FOR NATIONAL DIALOGUE  SUMMIT, they are not against the summit
Re: Pictures Of Protest Against 'national Dialogue Summit' In Lagos by gempo(m): 4:54pm On Feb 06, 2012
Why will people want to protest against a National Summit that has the best interest of our country ? I don't know how some people reason. Am suspecting it is just an arranged protest by some disgruntled elements.
Re: Pictures Of Protest Against 'national Dialogue Summit' In Lagos by Igwe9(m): 5:10pm On Feb 06, 2012
walata44:

Phew!
I thought as much but could not get to ascertain that while posting from a mobil device and perhaps, Mrs. Mukina couldn't have made such seemingly silly mistake
Re: Pictures Of Protest Against 'national Dialogue Summit' In Lagos by dustydee: 5:48pm On Feb 06, 2012
what is the police doing there? Did they want to arrest them?
Re: Pictures Of Protest Against 'national Dialogue Summit' In Lagos by Nobody: 5:52pm On Feb 06, 2012
So, you guyz think the protesters are paid with the points they raised?

While a group of prominent Nigerians were engaged in heated debates at the Sheraton Hotel Lagos another group of young Nigerians who described themesleves as worried citizens have converged today at the premises of the Sheraton Hotel, Lagos to protest the non-involvement of the people in the purported 'national summit' they claimed was sponsored by the government.

The host hotel, Sheraton, which has a relatively low capacity to accommodate people whose destinies are being determined by the conference, was fenced round by military to prevent uninvited guests  from participating.

The  protesters   condemned the conference and tagged it as an 'unacceptable jamboree', proclaiming that the outcome, like other similar sponsored confabs in the past would have no meaningful outcome.

Chanting solidarity  songs, the protesters said the charade is not people oriented and called for a people oriented Sovereign National Conference that will not take place  in a private hotel put in a public square that will accommodate people who will be able to speak their minds.
http://saharareporters.com/news-page/protest-against-national-summit-sheraton-hotel-lagos

How do you guyz think that a private hotel room talk like that will produce meaningful result as pointed out by these few protesters? The conference said to be for the people barred people with huge security presence

http://saharareporters.com/news-page/protest-against-national-summit-sheraton-hotel-lagos
Re: Pictures Of Protest Against 'national Dialogue Summit' In Lagos by phreakabit(m): 6:04pm On Feb 06, 2012
[size=18pt]I am liking this. . . . . This is the type of protest worth joining.Whens the next one coming up sef?[/size]
Re: Pictures Of Protest Against 'national Dialogue Summit' In Lagos by Afam4eva(m): 6:12pm On Feb 06, 2012
Bunch of twats. This government must have descended to a record low. How do you send some bunch of hungry looking cretins to protest against a meeting where people will discuss the future of Nigeria as a country. I watched the national dialogue summit live and i must say that i was proud of them and wish we could have a sovereign national conference in the country. This country is going to the dogs and we have to save it.
Re: Pictures Of Protest Against 'national Dialogue Summit' In Lagos by phreakabit(m): 6:25pm On Feb 06, 2012
afam4eva:

Bunch of twats. This government must have descended to a record low. How do you send some bunch of hungry looking cretins to protest against a meeting where people will discuss the future of Nigeria as a country. I watched the national dialogue summit live and i must say that i was proud of them and wish we could have a sovereign national conference in the country. This country is going to the dogs and we have to save it.

[size=18pt]What FUTURE of which COUNTRY do you speak of?[/size]Time to wake up and smell the coffee marijuana and realise there wasn't really any COUNTRY. Just a cash vault for a group of people.
Re: Pictures Of Protest Against 'national Dialogue Summit' In Lagos by Afam4eva(m): 6:27pm On Feb 06, 2012
phreakabit:

What FUTURE of which NATION do you speak of?

The future of Nigeria if there's any. At least we have to try. There's no situation that cannot be salvaged.
Re: Pictures Of Protest Against 'national Dialogue Summit' In Lagos by phreakabit(m): 6:31pm On Feb 06, 2012
afam4eva:

The future of Nigeria if there's any. At least we have to try. There's no situation that cannot be salvaged.

But really can you have MY interest at heart and yet keep your plans for ME a secret? HOW CAN THEY POSSIBLY mean to speak for us all and we don't even know the stake holders in attendance.[size=18pt] Who is representing the various ethnic groups?[/size]
Re: Pictures Of Protest Against 'national Dialogue Summit' In Lagos by Afam4eva(m): 6:37pm On Feb 06, 2012
phreakabit:

But really can you have MY interest at heart and yet keep your plans for ME a secret? HOW CAN THEY POSSIBLY mean to speak for us all and we don't even know the stake holders in attendance.[size=18pt] Who is representing the various ethnic groups?[/size]

In attendance were traditional leaders, spiritual leaders(pastors, Imams), business men(Sam Ohabunwa - Neimeth) and people like Pat utomi, Femi Falana, Femi Fani Kayode, Ben Nwabueze, Emeka Ezeife, JP Clarke, Nnia Nwodo, Saint Obi(Actor) and many more. Mind you this is not really something similar to a sovereign national conference as the delegates were given a very short time to say their mind. They all advocated for a sovereign national conference where people from all region, works of life will chosen to represent the people. This is just a prelude to something greater.
Re: Pictures Of Protest Against 'national Dialogue Summit' In Lagos by phreakabit(m): 6:40pm On Feb 06, 2012
afam4eva:

In attendance were traditional leaders, spiritual leaders(pastors, Imams), business men(Sam Ohabunwa - Neimeth) and people like Pat utomi, Femi Falana, Femi Fani Kayode, Ben Nwabueze, Emeka Ezeife, JP Clarke, Nnia Nwodo, Saint Obi(Actor) and many more. Mind you this is not really something similar to a sovereign national conference as the delegates were given a very short time to say their mind. They all advocated for a sovereign national conference where people from all region, works of life will chosen to represent the people. This is just a prelude to something greater.

Got you! wink I'd say this is might very well be the best thing NIGERIANS have ever done for themselves.
Re: Pictures Of Protest Against 'national Dialogue Summit' In Lagos by ekwynwa: 8:24pm On Feb 06, 2012
na today
Re: Pictures Of Protest Against 'national Dialogue Summit' In Lagos by ollyruffy: 9:06pm On Feb 06, 2012
National Summit,
Ok. We are watching. If the PDP and FG government are not decieving us again.
Re: Pictures Of Protest Against 'national Dialogue Summit' In Lagos by youngqee: 9:09pm On Feb 06, 2012
can you lick me up wit em
Re: Pictures Of Protest Against 'national Dialogue Summit' In Lagos by Nobody: 9:15pm On Feb 06, 2012
afam4eva:

wow! please i would like to know more of this summit if possible the video.

Im beginning to have hope.
Re: Pictures Of Protest Against 'national Dialogue Summit' In Lagos by playahP(m): 9:22pm On Feb 06, 2012
IS THAT NOT PROTEA HOTEL SIDE,

WOOOW, THAT IS A STONE THROW 4RM MA HOUSE,

FINALLY, MY AREA IS MAKING NEWS, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Pictures Of Protest Against 'national Dialogue Summit' In Lagos by denzel2009: 3:16am On Feb 07, 2012
Mukinatu, can we both do indoor protests wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lets Have Your Questions For Mr President / Zainab Ahmed: FG To Spend N6.72trn On Subsidy In 2023 / Tinubu Stopped Fuel Subsidy Without Plans To Cushion Its Impacts – Bugaje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.