Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,546 members, 7,819,939 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

Infidelity In Marriage, Is There Any Cure? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Infidelity In Marriage, Is There Any Cure? (8362 Views)

My Marriage Is Crashing, I Think I Hate Him...Help / My 2 Months Old Marriage Is Crashing - HELP ME / Preventing Infidelity In Your Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Infidelity In Marriage, Is There Any Cure? by sleekdot(m): 8:41am On Aug 28, 2007
Its in a mans nature to cheat,so I think "they" should learn to live with it.
When a girl rushes her BF into marriage why would he not cheat on you.He has not satisfied his "curiosity" well enough.
some marry just for the sake of money,the man ends up cheating after he found out the true reason you are with him.
Check yourself ok
Re: Infidelity In Marriage, Is There Any Cure? by iyken(m): 9:24am On Aug 28, 2007
sleekdot:

Its in a mans nature to cheat,so I think "they" should learn to live with it.
I beg to disagree with you on your advice that we should "learn to live with cheating". shocked
Cheating is not a virture.
Granted, its quite a vice eating deep in our psyche made even harder with fashion trends.
But it remains a war worth waging against though not easy at all. grin
Re: Infidelity In Marriage, Is There Any Cure? by charlione(m): 9:33am On Aug 28, 2007
i read this thread and laugh.people quoting bibles.the fact is that it is the women who drive their husbands to adultery!
it is so easy to cry foul when things dont go your way but u forget that you cant eat ur cake and keep it.some women dont know the fundamentals of keeping their men happy:

1.u MUST know how to cook.there are no two ways about it.ur husband will always come home for ur cooking.

2.u MUST be neat yourslf and know how to keep ur home neat and inviting at all times.

3. u MUST continue to make urself attractive to ur husband.some women believe that once they're married thats where it ends.u eat and grow fat and out of proportion.u dont take care of ur body and appearance anymore.no more of the perfume that used to drive him crazy and u expect miracles and 4 God to come down and win ur husband over for u.
4.u MUST put ur home and marriage first b4 ur carreer.

These are only a few but i bliv that with these tips,u will keep ur husband and ur marriage. men are so simple.it really takes the simplest of things to please a man.i wish u the best of luck!
Re: Infidelity In Marriage, Is There Any Cure? by Jaguar1(m): 10:08am On Aug 28, 2007
I have read many enteries here and I must say that whlie I agree with some of the posters others are good for the bin IMHO. I know married men who are faithfull to their wives, I also know many who are unfaithful. The stats given by the poster is very misleading. I found out long ago that unless you are faithfull while you were dating, you may never be faithfull to your spouse. I have a relationship and I cannot deny that I have had feelings of cheating on her but somehow I have conquered it coz it's been my long desire to be faithfull to her. The only reason is coz it's my plan and it's not born out of what she does well or what she does not do. It's been 3 years now and am still going and I know many others but the dividing line is that they made up their minds right from courtship to be faithfull.
There's not enough reason to cheat on your spouse we should all be carefull how we treat each other. I know quite well that all the time I have had urge to cheat were times that we had issues or times I felt neglated and uncared for, I was almost searching for love, care and attention outside, thank God it didn't happen but I know we can all do better.
The ultimate cure for adultery is godliness. Only the fear of God can make a man/woman stick to his/her spouse.
Re: Infidelity In Marriage, Is There Any Cure? by cyl(f): 10:24am On Aug 28, 2007
[s]only goes to show that your women are mere weaklings with no respect for themselves.
[/s]

@thiefofhear
I hope ure not referring to nigerian women.
Re: Infidelity In Marriage, Is There Any Cure? by mnwankwo(m): 10:28am On Aug 28, 2007
It is wrong to assert that men are naturally polygamous. Sexual immoralilty like all sins is a consequence of the distortion of the laws of God. Human beings are hardwired to be intrinsically good. The genes give expression to male and female physical bodies but they do not control sexual morality. The spirit must in all circumstances control the body and not the other way round. The dog should wag the tail, not the tail wagging the dog. Therefore when sexual immorality do arise, it is simply a consequence of the free will of the person involved, he has allowed his body to take decisions, not his being, the spirit. Like all addiction, sexual immorlity can be cured but it requires the coperation of the offender. He must accept first that he has a problem, then he has to be taught how to change his thougts, then he must do away with all immoral physical enviromenent. Above all a hearfelt prayer to God for help will give him the necessary strength and power to conguer his weakness. The same also applies to women who are also addicted to sexual immorality. There are men and women who have remained fathful to their sposes in thought and deed. They may be few but they are always there. Thus it is not all gloom as the poster is making.

1 Like

Re: Infidelity In Marriage, Is There Any Cure? by amaikama(m): 11:30am On Aug 28, 2007
there is a big cure all right! if it is the man in the act, let the woman not put him away. let her understand what is driving the husband away from home and in the act. let her have that same formula even more to keep the husband at home.

And if it is the woman that is in the act, they do it more beautifully than most men. just take her to her parent(s) or her people

OR

JUST ERAS HER TO TALLY. angry
Re: Infidelity In Marriage, Is There Any Cure? by sojioguns(m): 12:05pm On Aug 28, 2007
I really don't want to sound rude to anyone but we are all hypocrites. It is simple logic. A man looks for something outside if he doesnt get it at home. Men naturally are adventurous so if a man's wife doesnt give him the necessary adventure an adrenaline rush, then what do you expect? Nigerian women do not try to be creative in marriages. They just get married and that's it! Not romance, sometimes the husbands even have to beg for sex.
Re: Infidelity In Marriage, Is There Any Cure? by ono(m): 12:29pm On Aug 28, 2007
Octupus:

Weebee,
Note and consider the following points;
1. All male creatures of God are polygamous by nature.Think of the animals-from Lizards to Lions.The arrangement is one male, sexually overseeing several females in a location called "territory".Any male intruder is fought to a standstill.One must leave for the other.Unfortunately,the same "gene" runs in Homo Sapiens.However,due to religious and social influences,man has managed to be "civilized" about his sexual conduct.But that urge to try other females lurks somewhere waiting for the opportunity to manifest.This is the truth.A married man who has plenty of cash will have several such opportunities presenting.Unfortunatley, a man's willpower is insufficient to stop him from adultery when trully challenged.The only guarantee against adultery is the power of the Holy Spirit which is given only to believers.Adultery can only be cured supernaturally and never naturally.A man who is not born again and is not commiting adultery-its either he has not been challenged enough or he does not have the requisite wherewithal.period.

2. Unfortunately also,the incidence of adultery in women has shot up recently.Its inexplicable,but its happening.It's much more common than most people think.Its just that women are much more discrete about their affairs and they tend to stick to one extramarital partner for long.

3. Finally I want to submit that even marriage is not a cure for promiscuity.If that is one's reason for getting married,he or she will be sorely disappointed.I have seen men who are thoroughly satisfied sexually by their spouses and yet they commit adultery,and vice versa.

Hmnn. . . . . . . . .what an interesting analysis of the situation.
Re: Infidelity In Marriage, Is There Any Cure? by weebee(f): 1:35pm On Aug 28, 2007
Hi All,

This is really amazing, some of your views made me to be skeptical.
I’m surprised that some men could say that they were doing it because of what their wives are doing like not taking care of themselves e.t.c.she na cutting of head be solution for headache?
Listen the way you lay your bed is the way you are going to lie on it and whatever you sow you are going to reap shikena. When last for heaven sake if you have ever done it did you give your wife money to fix her hair let alone take her to the saloon? Can you point to the clothe let alone clothes that you bought for her in her wardrobe and yet you expect her to look attractive without a single effort on your part. Whereas those girls you chase out there have more than enough from sugar daddies to lavish on themselves and why not? They have no ‘bukata’ (responsibilities). I pray you don’t contact something that would make you to sit at home from them.

I don’t want to sound like I’m preaching but we should not rule out what God says about adultery. Whether you are a Christian or Muslim even if you are a pagan you still believe in God and you know that he has the final say over your life. He says don’t do it and if you did you have to pay for it and it could be with anything such as your health, money, career, progress in life and you could even become impotent in the process ‘lo ba tan’. A beautiful car without an engine! With all these some men will still not hear. There is an adage that says a dog that will definitely be lost won’t hear the whistle of the hunter.

I don’t wish to be one sided but concerning women who cheat on their husbands I would say it’s an abnormal situation that needs divine intervention. I strongly believe that a woman would not go out of her way into adultery on her own accord unless there are some forces beyond her control. Several reasons might have been the cause.
It could be she has a spiritual problem: Some women don’t know why they are doing it despite the fact that their husbands satisfy their needs to the best of his capability. These women need serious prayers because they are heading for destruction.

It could be lack of money to feed her children: some men are irresponsible. They saddled their wives with the responsibilities of taking care of the house, children, inlaws, feeding e.t.c. and in other to make ends meet, they engage in it.

Her husband must have forced her to it due to neglect: Ask yourself this question when last did you take your wife out. Now she is married she should be home to take care of it and children everytime while you go about socializing. What do you expect from somebody who is bored and needs a change!

BUT for heaven’s sake ALL the above are not enough reasons for a woman to engage in it if she is truly a woman or a mother.

Mendax I’m a female and I’m married
Osareka 2 wives double wahala
Rawphyhat: Even when you are ready bring a shock absorber with you.
Godslead you are right.
ClimieNH89 you can go to hell to bring it.
Olanajim you are right but only few know they are sick.
Cammax7 I will send it to you
+Osisi: Thanks. People will learn
Nezerst then they will know how it feels and how it hurts
Tayokem No 80% men could do it with 10%’dogs’
Rubbermaid God bless you. Some of them don’t even open their bibles it’s a pity.
Bimbliss 10q. Men who look for money that way are looking for it in the wrong way they will end up not getting a faden but problem becos God is the giver of wealth.
Thessyzib: to those men who are faithfully I dove my cap and the one dat women sh keep their hubbies I want you to know that a man meant for the floor will definitely fall when put on a bed.
Kokomica thanks. I know some do it secretly but I’m sure before long they will be exposed
Cotton a time will come that women will allow their hubbies to go wherever they want and not halla till they learn from their mistakes.
Coleslove there is no excuse for infidelity. You can get more than you bargain for from it why not be faithful and allow God to deal with woteva problem you see at home.
Presideo cudos
Octupus that was a nice one God bless you.
Omerihe should women cheat on their husbands too out of frustration?
Sleekdot no wahala. By the time your wife starts cheating on you then you will know that it is not man’s nature to cheat.
Iyken I beg help me drum it into his hearing o.
Charlione with you and your ‘must do’ how many ‘must’ have you done for your wife if you are married. So it’s solely the duties of the wife to make a home what about the man. I beg this is simply egocentric. I’m not saying women should not do their part.
Jaguar1 infact you are 1 in a million and you are highly appreciated. There is no doubt you will always be the best among your equal just keep it up there is always a reward for faithfulness because God is really interested in marriage that was his first institution.
m_mwankwo: Wao! That was wonderful thanks a million. Please if you are looking for a cure please read what m_mwankwo wrote.
Amaikama: huh! Na God go judge
Sojioguns be sincere there is nothing you want outside your home that is not in there it’s just that your ego wont allow you men to do anything to make it work. Women alone are saddled with that responsibility.
Ono: thanks.
Re: Infidelity In Marriage, Is There Any Cure? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 2:03pm On Aug 28, 2007
cyl:

[s]only goes to show that your women are mere weaklings with no respect for themselves.
[/s]

@thiefofhear
I hope ure not referring to nigerian women.

You had better believe that I am.

That's why you have all these guys spurting such garbage from their mouths.
Re: Infidelity In Marriage, Is There Any Cure? by olanajim(m): 2:11pm On Aug 28, 2007
Adulterous generation are looking for a cure for their adultery, none shall be given them than the sign of jonah
Re: Infidelity In Marriage, Is There Any Cure? by osereka(m): 2:12pm On Aug 28, 2007
there are different types of women  in the world

wifey or mothers product

ashawo or waka about product.

all of them de for nairaland.  [from their words ye shall know them]
Re: Infidelity In Marriage, Is There Any Cure? by lovemajek(f): 2:14pm On Aug 28, 2007
adulterous is part of life existence, so they can not be seperate from each other. What is good is not for one person.
Re: Infidelity In Marriage, Is There Any Cure? by osereka(m): 2:21pm On Aug 28, 2007
@ lovemajek,
you mean say no be only one guy de shag you?
na you way of life to be ashawo?
Re: Infidelity In Marriage, Is There Any Cure? by ozigbo(m): 2:29pm On Aug 28, 2007
osereka:

@ lovemajek,
you mean say no be only one guy de shag you?
na you way of life to be ashawo?

Bros Take Am Easy Now.
Re: Infidelity In Marriage, Is There Any Cure? by osereka(m): 2:33pm On Aug 28, 2007
bros
na reply I reply o
Re: Infidelity In Marriage, Is There Any Cure? by EkoLomo1(f): 3:05pm On Aug 28, 2007
osereka:

there are different types of women in the world

wifey or mothers product

ashawo or waka about product.

all of them de for nairaland
. from their words ye shall know them
This is so trueeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Infidelity In Marriage, Is There Any Cure? by ozigbo(m): 3:16pm On Aug 28, 2007
I Think The Only Cure To This  Problem Is Prayer.
prayer Change All Things,And Women should Also
Do There Home Work.
Re: Infidelity In Marriage, Is There Any Cure? by ozigbo(m): 3:18pm On Aug 28, 2007
ok oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Re: Infidelity In Marriage, Is There Any Cure? by amaikama(m): 3:19pm On Aug 28, 2007
Osereka! from knowing that they are, you must be their patronizers in the act. cause, i don't see any waka about here or ashawo by mere word of words. they are just expressing their feelings and experience either directly or indirectly.
Re: Infidelity In Marriage, Is There Any Cure? by DoubleN(m): 3:47pm On Aug 28, 2007
The Problem is that most people build their marriage on the wrong foundation and many get married for the wrong reasons.Trust me if a man and his spouse fear God,the issue of infidelity will not arouse!
Re: Infidelity In Marriage, Is There Any Cure? by anijawife: 4:43pm On Aug 28, 2007
I stand by the biblical position on the issue  but as human,we need to learn not to take each other for granted.Yes,you said men are polygamous in nature and always look for alternatives but who told you women dont feel that way but reject all temptations to stay with you.Take care of your wife in all ways within your power and that care a woman need cost nothing and she will be yours forever without having any distractions.

Visit my blog to learn one or two things on marriage:
//anijawife..com
Re: Infidelity In Marriage, Is There Any Cure? by option4301(m): 5:49pm On Aug 28, 2007
Honestly,nowadays women are very promiscous.I have been harrassed sexually by 3 different married women at some point.
No justfication for immorality for whatever reason.
May God help this generation!

Am a man,but men are very randy!More than 80% of men think and reason with their penis not brain!

Why do women forgive adultery easily?and men never forgives?SELFISHNESS!DAMBRUBA SHEGE
Re: Infidelity In Marriage, Is There Any Cure? by osisi5: 5:50pm On Aug 28, 2007
option4301:

Honestly,nowadays women are very promiscous.I have been harrassed sexually by 3 different married women at some point.
No justfication for immorality for whatever reason.
May God help this generation!

Am a man,but men are very randy!More than 80% of men think and reason with their penis not brain!

[b]Why do women forgive adultery easily?and men never forgives?[/b]SELFISHNESS!DAMBRUBA SHEGE

I wonder
Re: Infidelity In Marriage, Is There Any Cure? by ClimieNH89: 6:36pm On Aug 28, 2007
@ Weebee

Why don't you accompany him instead?
Re: Infidelity In Marriage, Is There Any Cure? by ssRhino: 7:00pm On Aug 28, 2007
There is no cure, cos a king that has a queen still wanna taste the slave, how sad, hope God will help, cos rate of divorce is sickening and saddens the heart
Re: Infidelity In Marriage, Is There Any Cure? by osisi5: 4:44pm On Aug 29, 2007
anijawife:

I stand by the biblical position on the issue but as human,we need to learn not to take each other for granted.Yes,you said men are polygamous in nature and always look for alternatives but who told you women don't feel that way but reject all temptations to stay with you.Take care of your wife in all ways within your power and that care a woman need cost nothing and she will be yours forever without having any distractions.

Visit my blog to learn one or two things on marriage:
//anijawife..com

My sister,you've summarized it quite well
He who has an ear let him hear .
Re: Infidelity In Marriage, Is There Any Cure? by iyes(m): 7:39pm On Aug 29, 2007
@ Poster

The statistics figures you reeled out are impressive, impossing and compelling. Only a small snag though, I suppose almost all those 98% cheating men are all gays?!!!

Certainly their partners are not women (married or not). The women are all saints.

Wake up. What goes around comes around. Cycle of life has different dimensions.

So, it's OK for a single babe to date a married man, but bad for a married man to date a single babe? See, when you were unmarried, you cheated on your boyfriends and dated married men, and then believe that when you marry, you'll stop it never do it again. However, life as I said is a cycle, the bachelor boy you married now becomes a married man, and the same attraction(s) that drew you to some other married men then becomes some other single babes' point of affinity.

Women, ever smart, think they can have the best of two worlds. Eat their cakes and still have it. My dear, you have entered another phase in life. You are no longer the "hunted" by your man, you are now the one to "hunt" your man. And don't have illusions that it has only started with your generation (so you may remove self pity or righteousness) Ask your mom or grandma or great-grand ma, they once thought and felt the same way you do now.

Conversely, ask any young guy out there if they're pleased with the attitudes of their babes running after aristos, and you'll hear tales of woes involving infidelity in their own relationships.

It's a musical chair thing. Women's chance to romp come first while men's come later in life. It sort of cancels out, really. If you're considering packing out of your matrimonial home in Africa because of infidelity, BEST OF LUCK. Remember, the next week, some more dashing babes will move in. TRY IT (I DARE YOU)
Re: Infidelity In Marriage, Is There Any Cure? by BABEELOVE(f): 7:48pm On Aug 29, 2007
Sorry it cannot be avoided--abeg talk something else!!!! tongue
Re: Infidelity In Marriage, Is There Any Cure? by olanajim(m): 11:25pm On Aug 29, 2007
Mmmmm!
Re: Infidelity In Marriage, Is There Any Cure? by pmdaboh(f): 2:06am On Aug 30, 2007
[b]Personally, I believe there is a lot of infidelity going on with husbands and wives. As a Business graduate, statistics can be manipulated to a favorable outcome depending on what point of view you desire. The word of God is clear on adultery (not acceptable in God's sight). Socially, men's infidelity and multiple sex partners have always been pretty much expected, accepted, and encouraged (in some cultures) as a way of crossing over the bridge from a boy to a man. I did not say that God accepts this behavior, but the world "pats" a man on the back and is much more understanding if he cheats. However, when a women cheats, she is a LovePeddler, a slut, and her reputation is usually garnished for years.

Now, let us look at an adulterer that God loved, and God even said, this man, WAS A MAN AFTER GOD'S OWN HEART", and that man's name is David (yes, King David). David looked at another man's wife and lusted after her, sent for her to be brought into his house, slept with the woman, impregnated the woman, and set her husband up on the front line (in the heat of battle) to assure his death. David wrote most of Psalms, and God loved David so much that he proclaimed that David "was a man after his own heart"! Even though David committed adultery and killed Bathsheba's husband, inwardly, he TRULY LOVED GOD! You see we cannot imagine or accept that a person loves God, serves God, or fears God when he/she behaves in such a mannner, yet the bible gives us an example of a man that did. I believe sometimes people just get caught up for various reasons (lust, neglect, separation, infactuation, love, and probably too many reasons for me to list). Just because a person commits adultery, lies, steals, or falls short of what is written in the word of God does not mean that person's inward man (the heart of that person, the desire to serve God, the overall intent to do what is right even though they may be doing wrong at that moment) is not good.

How could God love a man like David after what he did, but HE DID! After all, God was with David when he was a young man watching over the sheep in his father's pastures, and God gave him the strength to kill a bear and a lion. God also took that same David and even though there were grown men standing around discussing the mighty giant Goliath, it was David that walked up to that giant with a stone and a sling and killed him swiftly.

David was not an evil man because he committed adultery, plotted a murder, and gave the order for the murder to be carried out, but David was simply a "HUMAN BEING" who allowed his lust, desire, and heart to get the better of him. One thing David did was to repent quickly when the prophet of God came and told him about his sin. Even though David was very sinful at that time in his life, he also loved God and was quick to repent.

None of us know what life holds: who we will meet, how this or that person will affect our lives in this or that situation. We can only hope and pray that we will hold true to what the word of God said and be faithful. But if any of us are unfaithful, and like David, get caught up in sin, then thank God for a merciful, loving, and powerful God that has the ability to pick a MAN or WOMAN up out of that state and restore them to their former self.

Does it matter whether more MEN or more WOMEN commit adultery? I don't think it does really. What matters is that God is able to help anyone who falls into that sin--whether they are a MAN or a WOMAN.

A man or woman can have sex with their spouse seven days a week, and do all the right things, but if that spouse allows their flesh (or desires) to get the better of them (whether through a planned meeting or something that happens in the heat of the moment), there is still hope for them and their marriage.

I understand you were quoting statistics and talking about a particular sect of people that commit adultery more than others, but ONLY GOD knows what others are doing.
[/b]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Do I Do? / ‘I Took Off My Underwear’ (A Must Read For All Ladies And Mummies-MEN Keep-Off) / Why Get Married If You Don't Intend To Stop Cheating?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.