Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,866 members, 7,813,954 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:36 PM

Why Do I Love Being Alone - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do I Love Being Alone (2866 Views)

Why Do Women Love Being Treated Like Trash? / What Part Of Your Body Do You Love Being Caressed.. / Deep Down, Most Ladies Love Being Mistreated (Popular Opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do I Love Being Alone by Waffarianman(m): 5:11pm On Jan 09, 2023
Same here I like it all alone doing my own things. My wife understand me more better she's not like me but understand things. Naija peeps with dia wahala I no kukuma send any1 just vibing on my own
Re: Why Do I Love Being Alone by Socratiz: 5:31pm On Jan 09, 2023
The rare at which young people idolise themselves these days as loners or introverts is an indication of the prevalence of childhood trauma.

Being introverted or extroverted is based on the environment a child grows up. If a child grows up in a safe, loving and peaceful environment, the child is emotionally stable and sees the world as a safe place where they can fully express their minds and desires without fear.

Alternatively, growing up in a dysfunctional family with lots of tension and stress makes a child to withdraw from the world into their inner sanctuary. The child interprets the world as chaotic and unfriendly. This is how attitudes are developed.

But no man is an island. No matter how comfortable you are in your sanctum, you need others thrive and fulfil your potentials.

Whether you admit ornot, unhealthy withdrawal from the environment is a sign of social anxiety disorder. You may need a trained Counsellor to help you overcome your fears.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do I Love Being Alone by Streetmovement(m): 5:42pm On Jan 09, 2023
Wotoporiously cool speaking

What do I say, I'm in the middle, sometimes I'm outgoing, most times I'm not, depending on the state you meet me.
Re: Why Do I Love Being Alone by jclassiq(m): 6:04pm On Jan 09, 2023
Socratiz:
The rare at which young people idolise themselves these days as loners or introverts is an indication of the prevalence of childhood trauma.

Being introverted or extroverted is based on the environment a child grows up. If a child grows up in a safe, loving and peaceful environment, the child is emotionally stable and sees the world as a safe place where they can fully express their minds and desires without fear.

Alternatively, growing up in a dysfunctional family with lots of tension and stress makes a child to withdraw from the world into their inner sanctuary. The child interprets the world as chaotic and unfriendly. This is how attitudes are developed.

But no man is an island. No matter how comfortable you are in your sanctum, you need others thrive and fulfil your potentials.

Whether you admit ornot, unhealthy withdrawal from the environment is a sign of social anxiety disorder. You may need a trained Counsellor to help you overcome your fears.

You sound like an expert.

1 Like

Re: Why Do I Love Being Alone by Solofresh2: 6:35pm On Jan 09, 2023
Greatdand007:

What a boring life it will affect you mentally
I don't live a boring life bro
I travel out during vacation as well
Re: Why Do I Love Being Alone by Siminialaye20(m): 6:52pm On Jan 09, 2023
You're not alone
Re: Why Do I Love Being Alone by verygoodbadboi: 7:05pm On Jan 09, 2023
Of cause I understand the more energy part of being alone. Might be because You probably love reading? I'm guessing you recharge when you read In fact Reading gives me joy. I get to read more than 100 topics posted on nairaland and other forums on a daily basis.

The community we reside when my child is of school age will determine the school they will attend.
Georgekyrian:

That’s it, as for me I have most of my niggas around my creep, once once we plan on meeting, lodge and chill out, sometimes days and weeks outside our home, that deep spirit in me no go wan follow up but finally I will force my self to show, going to events same thing, i learnt socialization and is cool but my introvert part I appreciate a lot because I have more energy been alone.. I don’t know if I made sense
As for boarding i went to only boys seminary schools all through secondary school, i on my own all my kids will go boarding if they wish also but it will all be a mixed school
Re: Why Do I Love Being Alone by Owologbo(m): 7:09pm On Jan 09, 2023
mmadu4:
It's perfectly normal especially if you are an introvert. Nothing wrong with it . Nothing good really comes from socializing with people nowadays. They will just take advantage of your kindness

Just try to find an introvert gurl you will enjoy your life and marriage .
I'm an introvert as well, but I don't think introvert marrying introvert is not the best option.
I'm the type that can easily let go; I see no reason for revenge/retaliation most times because I will first of all put into consideration the effect; like what will I gain in retaliating?
But if you have a second half that has a little touch of madness, you know; there could be some balance.
But in all, I avoid trouble at all costs, I hardly mingle, going out is like a heavy work to me.
I can stay indoor all day, but I try reciprocating if I have a close friend that visits me.
Re: Why Do I Love Being Alone by Sucre6: 8:46pm On Jan 09, 2023
Lurdd:
I even think my own is too much cus..
I always like staying indoors alone..i dont like watching TV with anyone.. locking my door and staying indoors is always the best for me, don't like visitors too,and I don't visit anyone either..

My own is, I enjoy company, I hang out with people, I love my family and friends, they can always count on me, my babe too is not left out, but if u visit me, try and go on time because I enjoy my lone time very well,

The movie part got me because I don't like watching movies with people, I feel like they don't comprehend what goes on and end up asking me too many questions about the movie which I hate. I have colleagues and old university friends that we hang out most times, but I hardly visit them and I don't fancy visitors too, my happy time is watching movies alone or playing pes, eating fruit and enjoying my alone time, my girl always comes to my house unannounced to catch me cheating, lols I cheat though but how can u catch a smooth criminal? grin
Re: Why Do I Love Being Alone by imagrg(m): 10:40pm On Jan 09, 2023
If you touch Siofra ehn, I will head you oh.
PellsNBAyb:
Me too that's why I want prettygirl200
But she hate me already undecided lipsrsealed
I don't mind getting her gifts tho angry
Re: Why Do I Love Being Alone by Autobot05: 10:50pm On Jan 09, 2023
Solofresh2:
One thing I have always liked about myself is my loneliness .Yes I may try socializing online but I hardly socialize in real life.I only feel comfortable socializing with my family and very tight friends.I hardly keep friends though.I still love being alone and meditating to myself than socializing.Some people do try to enter me grin but I do cut them off.If you try to play me I will know and may still play along to crucify you grin.I used to think maybe because I was being feed until I started working and making money and nothing changed
I enjoy my loneliness a lot and I want to know if there are are also people who do same

You're not alone .. it's perfectly normal
And we are alike
It feels cool to be wired differently tbh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do I Love Being Alone by shegsman58(m): 11:03pm On Jan 09, 2023
Sucre6:

My own is, I enjoy company, I hang out with people, I love my family and friends, they can always count on me, my babe too is not left out, but if u visit me, try and go on time because I enjoy my lone time very well,

The movie part got me because I don't like watching movies with people, I feel like they don't comprehend what goes on and end up asking me too many questions about the movie which I hate. I have colleagues and old university friends that we hang out most times, but I hardly visit them and I don't fancy visitors too, my happy time is watching movies alone or playing pes, eating fruit and enjoying my alone time, my girl always comes to my house unannounced to catch me cheating, lols I cheat though but how can u catch a smooth criminal? grin

Omoh, the movie part got me. But op, you're not alone. The truth is most nairalanders are loners

1 Like

Re: Why Do I Love Being Alone by Baronthecelebri: 11:17pm On Jan 09, 2023
Same with me.
Re: Why Do I Love Being Alone by Baronthecelebri: 11:18pm On Jan 09, 2023
I love being alone, it has save me from trouble.
Re: Why Do I Love Being Alone by Kharol1234: 11:35pm On Jan 09, 2023
Lurdd:
I even think my own is too much cus..
I always like staying indoors alone..i dont like watching TV with anyone.. locking my door and staying indoors is always the best for me, don't like visitors too,and I don't visit anyone either..
same boat
Re: Why Do I Love Being Alone by Starboytwo(m): 12:17am On Jan 10, 2023
I can’t stay indoors to save my life.

Outside is life mehn.
Re: Why Do I Love Being Alone by Georgekyrian(m): 4:20am On Jan 10, 2023
verygoodbadboi:
Of cause I understand the more energy part of being alone. Might be because You probably love reading? I'm guessing you recharge when you read In fact Reading gives me joy. I get to read more than 100 topics posted on nairaland and other forums on a daily basis.

The community we reside when my child is of school age will determine the school they will attend.

Yes you’re right, I read and mostly work online, I train myself like from childhood, someone said something about ‘society we grew up’ then this has always been my excuse when my people complain of me been a loner, me self knows I’m trying my best to socialize, omo is not my calling, funny enough from uni, I had always represents and leads in social offices till today..

1 Like

Re: Why Do I Love Being Alone by kunkelhanspeter(m): 7:01am On Jan 10, 2023
You are not alone you are just like me if you try to take advantage of me I cut you off for life.
Re: Why Do I Love Being Alone by fecosequence(m): 7:59am On Jan 10, 2023
Now I know I'm not the only one in this type of lifestyle.
Re: Why Do I Love Being Alone by Nobody: 8:10am On Jan 10, 2023
Solofresh2:
One thing I have always liked about myself is my loneliness .Yes I may try socializing online but I hardly socialize in real life.I only feel comfortable socializing with my family and very tight friends.I hardly keep friends though.I still love being alone and meditating to myself than socializing.Some people do try to enter me grin but I do cut them off.If you try to play me I will know and may still play along to crucify you grin.I used to think maybe because I was being feed until I started working and making money and nothing changed
I enjoy my loneliness a lot and I want to know if there are are also people who do same
I can relate!
Re: Why Do I Love Being Alone by jogsman01(m): 8:14am On Jan 10, 2023
meobizy:
You’re a Nairalander. You children are not normal.
lol... Normal children no dey NL grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do I Love Being Alone by oluwaVaz(m): 3:46pm On Jan 12, 2023
fecosequence:
Now I know I'm not the only one in this type of lifestyle.
Ndi mmadu...
Re: Why Do I Love Being Alone by princeisrael01(m): 7:05pm On May 18, 2023
We ride the same boat brvh, I like my 'alone time' more than anything else.. my homie be thinking I'm weird but I be chillin .
Re: Why Do I Love Being Alone by obinna58(m): 7:30pm On May 18, 2023
I use to be a loner but now life is forcing it out of me because I realize I had to to own my choices, I have to make understand why I’m not doing what they expect and want me to do, I do what favors me and if I don’t stand and explain to people or group why I must do this, they’ll frustrate life even more

I guess when life pushes you esp when you have goals and people are blocking you thinking you’re a quiet, loner and wouldn’t talk, you tell them to kindly give you the way though it depends

1 Like

Re: Why Do I Love Being Alone by Waffarianman(m): 11:23pm On May 18, 2023
Me too I just like to be myself introvert that's what I'm. Now adays humans no be am
Re: Why Do I Love Being Alone by PureFace1(m): 7:05am On May 19, 2023
I enjoy being alone more than going out but i also have the abilities to socialize whenever the need arises mostly for work, social gathering etc but not for making friends, i like protecting my space and boundaries too many fake people in Nigeria trying to rip you.

1 Like

Re: Why Do I Love Being Alone by Nobody: 7:51am On May 19, 2023
Same with me

I honestly haven't spoken to anyone for the past 4 months to start a friendly conversation or have a laugh with.

The only people I've spoken to are shop owners from whom I go to get my daily needs from, just hello, hi. Skip the boring how are yous and give me what I point at and I pay you

I don't see the need keeping friends and making stupid jokes

If the conversation isn't deep and intellectual I lose interest.

I'm not a shy person, once I meet you and we vibe then I'll be a vibe... but sometimes I just chose to be alone and enjoy the peace that comes with being solitary.

I'd pick up my phone then try calling those close to me... as soon as I'm about to hit the call button, the interest to interact with them dies off

I rather just send them a group sms.

It's a really boring lifestyle, But this lifestyle is one I truly find solace in.

I've tried in the pass to mingle a lot, go out have fun with the girls and just enjoy the beauty of being an outgoing dude....
That lifestyle exposed me to some shits I'd rather not share

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Curvy Lady In This Viral Clip Has Been Found! Check Her Out / How Can I Be Sweet But Not Too Sweet To My Bf / Today's Definition Of Marriage Is A Lie. Monogamy Is Fake!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.