Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,386 members, 7,812,137 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:54 AM

My Marriage Is Stressing Me - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Marriage Is Stressing Me (35491 Views)

My Girl Is Stressing Me. What Should I Do Please? (photo) / POF: My Marriage Is About To Be Ruined Becaus Of A Secret I Kept From My Husband / My Marriage Is At The Brink Of Collapse Help Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Marriage Is Stressing Me by prophetfire: 2:04pm On Jan 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Go to any church or Mosque in Nigeria and you will find them filled with women praying for many years for God to change one husband or another. Is that all there is to a woman's existence? undecided
It's not the only thing she can do as I stated. She can leave but she doesn't want. So since she doesn't want to leave, let her look for solutions to her challenge. And prayers is one of the probable solutions.
What do I say again?
Re: My Marriage Is Stressing Me by Kobojunkie: 2:07pm On Jan 10, 2023
prophetfire:
It's not the only thing she can do as I stated. She can leave but she doesn't want. So since she doesn't want to leave, let her look for solutions to her challenge. And prayers is one of the probable solutions.
What do I say again?
Why must she pray because she doesn't want to leave? All the others wey don pray, millions of them are still at it so many years on. Why must she join their ranks? undecided

The chances of prayer resolving this seems same as chances of winning the lottery. So why give prayer as a probable here? undecided

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Is Stressing Me by Desusi: 2:08pm On Jan 10, 2023
Kobonaire234:

She did mention he has a gambling problem

One reason why I will never gamble in life is due to the story of the high ranking government official who started gambling and ended up in EFCC net over 4m naira gone...to gambling.

The thing will eat your salary, and then eat your future. That's why some countries have big anti-gambling programs as part of their healthcare strategy...because na addiction e be.

This is not a small problem....this is a big problem.
Gambling is as old as history. Biblically, its a well condemned lifestyle that does no man any good rather, hopelessness and mystery. Its a demonic instinct that make the sufferer not to be aware that he has been trapped in trouble net.l believe in prayer, if demon of immorality can vanished away,and insanity can bowled before the lordship of Christ, then, why no try JESUS. Thank God you're a Christian,join us in this month January 2023 edition of GCK Holding at asaba,distance is no problem, get in touch with us on you tube or Facebook. Lifetimes issues are settled with eased. Send your husband name to me on my email. I will join my faith with your own and the battle will be won.Hmmm,life is a battle ground.You can also chat us using GCK PAGE. May God give you the needed miracle speedily. Never you consider divorcement as an option,for when you cannot stand up in the day of adversity,your strength is small
Re: My Marriage Is Stressing Me by Rexymania(m): 2:09pm On Jan 10, 2023
Carry your cross ❌
Re: My Marriage Is Stressing Me by Elokristi: 2:09pm On Jan 10, 2023
Desusi:

You're great! You will make a good husband. More so are you a committed Christian? Your counsel is prima,one of the best ever.
Yes I am a Christian, Thanks for the compliment.
Re: My Marriage Is Stressing Me by Shorty1980: 2:10pm On Jan 10, 2023
You don’t need to broadcast it ,just park and look for a better place as you no get sense…
Re: My Marriage Is Stressing Me by kingthreat(m): 2:13pm On Jan 10, 2023
Kobojunkie:
So his family can save him and his marriage? Therapy works so how long does she have to wait to get a husband back? undecided

Ok let her divorce him then. Hope you will be there for her when the problems of divorce comes and the children torn by broken marriage.
Re: My Marriage Is Stressing Me by djseanjohn77: 2:14pm On Jan 10, 2023
all4zionlover:
Honestly I'm going through so much here. I'm losing it. I feel depressed, so much fear, unhappy and lonely. My husband's gambling habit has removed love and affection from our home.
He quickly finishes any money that comes to him. Either salary and anything in bet nija and concentrate on asking me for money. I'm have no job, I'm buy little things and resell. My capital is not even stable because all the financial expenses is on me. Yet he doesn't care. He keeps malice with me for not giving him money and not coming home to meet food.
This year, I have decided not to keep food for him so long as he can not bring money for feeding, for the children he claim he love and upkeep.
I've endure for too long and I'm getting fade up.

All my actions and his behaviour really makes me sad.
I have no love, respect for him.
I excessively worry for upkeep, school fees, bills, things we don't have at home. Everything is on me.
I'm so stressed and lonely. I feel I need a shoulder to rest on maybe to cry.
I'm so sad because our two sons are too attached to their father and I'm scared of their feelings if I decided to divorce their father

My first son wouldn't even go to bed until his father return back from work.

Have you been in this kind of situation?
What did you do? How do people survive this kind of situations?

How was he before you agreed to marry him?
What does he do for work before you married him?
Are you sure he really married you like he is supposed to, or he picked you up from the street and you got pregnant in the process?
How long did you two date before marriage, if you are married?
Do you know any of his relatives?
Did he just start this attitude or things suddenly changed for him?

This year, before i give my advice, i must understand where you are coming from, the genesis of the whole thing.
Thank you, if i get the appropriate response, i will advice you then.
Re: My Marriage Is Stressing Me by Kobojunkie: 2:15pm On Jan 10, 2023
kingthreat:
Ok let her divorce him then. Hope you will be there for her when the problems of divorce comes and the children torn by broken marriage.
The children are already torn in the marriage living anxious as it is. Op told you her kid does not go to bed until the dad comes back home. Don't tell me that you think that is normal behavior? undecided

The family is already broken and the man's habit is one of the major cause. undecided

2 Likes

Re: My Marriage Is Stressing Me by darexolu16(m): 2:15pm On Jan 10, 2023
all4zionlover:
Honestly I'm going through so much here. I'm losing it. I feel depressed, so much fear, unhappy and lonely. My husband's gambling habit has removed love and affection from our home.
He quickly finishes any money that comes to him. Either salary and anything in bet nija and concentrate on asking me for money. I'm have no job, I'm buy little things and resell. My capital is not even stable because all the financial expenses is on me. Yet he doesn't care. He keeps malice with me for not giving him money and not coming home to meet food.
This year, I have decided not to keep food for him so long as he can not bring money for feeding, for the children he claim he love and upkeep.

I excessively worry for upkeep, school fees, bills, things we don't have at home. Everything is on me.

I'm so sad because our two sons are too attached to their father and I'm scared of their feelings if I decided to divorce their father

only God can solve this issue i no go lie for you...try ur best to make him give his life to christ and also if u dont serve God well too..it's better u start doing that with all ur heart..if those two tins are sorted ur home will be sweet than honey

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Is Stressing Me by Heterodox(m): 2:15pm On Jan 10, 2023
all4zionlover:

Next time you lots appreciate a good man better.

You've only been a man for a little period of time and you're complaining.

This is what most men go through, the burden they bare. And they don't complain as much.
Re: My Marriage Is Stressing Me by Mindlog: 2:17pm On Jan 10, 2023
millionboi:
hahahaha betting is not a mental disorder na haba,but in his own case of using his salary to bet,is too bad.

It is. Mental health disorder is not reflective only on those who walk around psychotic, dirty, disheveled etc.

As long as Gambling disorder is classified in the fifth edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5), it is a mental health disorder.

There are therapists who go on to specialize in gambling disorder in order to assist those struggling with obsessive gambling.

Having a gambler in a home, is a living nightmare.

2 Likes

Re: My Marriage Is Stressing Me by Mindlog: 2:18pm On Jan 10, 2023
Heterodox:
Next time you lots appreciate a good man better.

You've only been a man for a little period of time and you're complaining.

This is what most men go through, the burden they bare. And they don't complain as much.

While those men are bearing the burden, are their wives gambling away?

4 Likes

Re: My Marriage Is Stressing Me by Originalsly: 2:20pm On Jan 10, 2023
Only your husband can help himself. Sitting him down and explaining is a waste of time.... everything you say in one ear will exit the other ... nothing will click in his head. I suggest you tell him in passing ... since he can't find time nor provide for his family .... you will have to look outside for someone to make up for his shortcomings ... say no more. No changes one week later ... pretty up yourself and not he at home when he returns .... can even be at the neighbour..... he will feel challenged... another man is getting at his cake while he is out gambling... he will be the one calling you to sit down to talk about it... bottom line ... get at his ego.
Re: My Marriage Is Stressing Me by sharone21(f): 2:37pm On Jan 10, 2023
Women dey try ooo

:Carrying 9 months pregnancy alone

Child bearing/ pushing out

Child rearing( especially when the man isn't available via quality time).

House chores

Breastfeeding/ cooking/ helping with home work almost at same time

Going out to chase money

Pls, remind me what are the roles of men again?

Not EASY being a woman.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Marriage Is Stressing Me by lawzolk: 2:37pm On Jan 10, 2023
To who this may help. Of all addictions in life, I think GAMBLING is the worst. Though, no addiction is good, but trust me, for a one time addict in gambling, it's on another level. Aside from my personal experience of being a chronic gambler, I tried to study other core gamblers around me. Though some kept getting the funds to gamble as they have other great source of income, but I noticed the restlessness, and the crazy urge to recover some lost money from betting. If one could get close to them, you will feel how disturbed they are on a daily basis, and changes in some aspect of their lifestyle going downhill from the norm.

I started my betting journey 9 years ago. As a promising and aspiring young guy, but today, I have nothing to show for it, except a failed life, and only hoping a miracle will happen somedays. No money, wearing rags as clothes, no love, serious depression. The only thing left for me is HOPE. Some will say one can bet responsibly. I won't dispute that, but majority of we humans lose balance or focus along the way, and later become addicts. If you are already in it, and you noticed that you have that capability to control your mind diligently, and not swayed by the crazy urge to win, or the anger of losing, then good luck. But like the saying goes, prevention is better than cure.

My final conclusion is that one should not indulge in any form of GAMBLING. It's possible to stop as I am a living witness. You just need to purnish or fight your urge to do it with all your inner strength, and FLEE from any environment or instruments that might make u want to go back to it. You could think you don't have that inner or mental strength to stop, but that is a big lie. Sometimes, u might think that your betting case has some diabolical roots (village people). All these are lies, I thought so too, even more, but today, I am free. I am just hoping for better times ahead.

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Is Stressing Me by Flakky26(f): 2:38pm On Jan 10, 2023
Joim happy couples christian group for the married for daily wisdom tips for happy marriage and a platform to network ,discuss and interact with other christian couples click
[url]sites.google.com/view/happycouples[/url].
Re: My Marriage Is Stressing Me by Heterodox(m): 2:41pm On Jan 10, 2023
Mindlog:

While those men are bearing the burden, are their wives gambling away?
What does it matter, when the men bear burden alone.

Whether they gamble it away or multiply it, the husband benefits nothing from it. Mostly.
Re: My Marriage Is Stressing Me by Heterodox(m): 2:42pm On Jan 10, 2023
lawzolk:
To who this may help. Of all addictions in life, I think GAMBLING is the worst. Though, no addiction is good, but trust me, for a one time addict in gambling, it's on another level. Aside from my personal experience of being a chronic gambler, I tried to study other core gamblers around me. Though some kept getting the funds to gamble as they have other great source of income, but I noticed the restlessness, and the crazy urge to recover some lost money from betting. If one could get close to them, you will feel how disturbed they are on a daily basis, and changes in some aspect of their lifestyle going downhill from the norm.

I started my betting journey 9 years ago. As a promising and aspiring young guy, but today, I have nothing to show for it, except a failed life, and only hoping a miracle will happen somedays. No money, wearing rags as clothes, no love, serious depression. The only thing left for me is HOPE. Some will say one can bet responsibly. I won't dispute that, but majority of we humans lose balance or focus along the way, and later become addicts. If you are already in it, and you noticed that you have that capability to control your mind diligently, and not swayed by the crazy urge to win, or the anger of losing, then good luck. But like the saying goes, prevention is better than cure.

My final conclusion is that one should not indulge in any form of GAMBLING. It's possible to stop as I am a living witness. You just need to purnish or fight your urge to do it with all your inner strength, and FLEE from any environment or instruments that might make u want to go back to it. You could think you don't have that inner or mental strength to stop, but that is a big lie. Sometimes, u might think that your betting case has some diabolical roots (village people). All these are lies, I thought so too, even more, but today, I am free. I am just hoping for better times ahead.
Mr. You're not a gambler.

No dey lie.
Re: My Marriage Is Stressing Me by Mindlog: 2:44pm On Jan 10, 2023
Heterodox:
What does it matter, when the men bear burden alone.

Whether they gamble it away or multiply it, the husband benefits nothing from it. Mostly.

It matters because having a spouse who gambles, is like living with a thief..... your peace of mind is affected as you can't trust them.

2 Likes

Re: My Marriage Is Stressing Me by Realwvn(m): 2:54pm On Jan 10, 2023
Sigh. Another one bites the dust. This economy is killing marriages. In a bid to do better for his family, your husband started gambling because his salary is no longer sufficient to keep him sane. Most people are gambling now, even women, it’s like another pandemic. If you like collect another N5,000 that will make your life and your loved ones miserable for another 4 years, Shiloh no get closing hours.
Re: My Marriage Is Stressing Me by lawzolk: 2:55pm On Jan 10, 2023
Heterodox:
Mr. You're not a gambler.

No dey lie.
I don't need to argue this. If I tell you my whole story, u will know where I am coming from.
Re: My Marriage Is Stressing Me by Kobojunkie: 2:59pm On Jan 10, 2023
Realwvn:
Sigh. Another one bites the dust. This economy is killing marriages. In a bid to do better for his family, your husband started gambling because his salary is no longer sufficient to keep him sane. Most people are gambling now, even women, it’s like another pandemic. If you like collect another N5,000 that will make your life and your loved ones miserable for another 4 years, Shiloh no get closing hours.
This shiloh no be gambling center where people dey go drop money to pray hoping their prayer go one day hit God ear? No be gambling be that?, undecided
Re: My Marriage Is Stressing Me by MumEmdy(f): 3:07pm On Jan 10, 2023
dmz1:

You go school wella. You sabi summary for english.

cheesy grin
Re: My Marriage Is Stressing Me by Lance00009: 3:08pm On Jan 10, 2023
millionboi:
you have a point datz another thing dat causes all this,if you spend time with all this so called online money makers you will be trapd and exposed to different online scam in d name of trying to hit it big online.
Sometimes you ended up making yourself mad without hitting big
That will lead to depression

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Is Stressing Me by nnewsnjobs: 3:13pm On Jan 10, 2023
all4zionlover:
He has a job, earn salary but gambles all away and return to depend on me for everything including feeding, transport, every other things. His salary is strictly for betting, why every other needs is on me

This is deep and touching. Please tell us not the whole salary, maybe 1% of his salary goes to betting. Cos this will be totally insane to do such a thing.

People are really going through a lot in their marriages.

God I use this medium to thank you concerning my home.

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Is Stressing Me by Kobojunkie: 3:14pm On Jan 10, 2023
Lance00009:

How many out of every one million hit it big? Out of those who hit it big, how many of them are able to make their winnings work for them? undecided

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Is Stressing Me by edunaragold(f): 3:18pm On Jan 10, 2023
Keep enduring oo and pray for him,we plenty

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Is Stressing Me by Kobojunkie: 3:19pm On Jan 10, 2023
edunaragold:
Keep enduring oo and pray for him,we plenty
Keep enduring to what end? undecided

3 Likes

Re: My Marriage Is Stressing Me by wonderr(m): 3:26pm On Jan 10, 2023
all4zionlover:

If domestic violence is not involved then divorcing him is inexpedient. Can I ask you how you intend to take care of your kids if you divorce him, I guess your answer will be 'WORKING HARDER'. There you found the solution to your problems, all you have to do is abandon him in your heart and not in reality and work harder don't depend on him for anything, assume in your heart that you have divorced him, pay your kids bills and when he sees he is being neglected and you and the kids are doing fine he will come back to his senses and if he doesn't, you will probably not need him for anything again then you can divorce him, then you will be independent and you and your kids will be doing just fine without him, as for the kids that are obsessed with him give it time they are going to move on too
Re: My Marriage Is Stressing Me by doneback04: 3:27pm On Jan 10, 2023
I play gamble but I don't allow it get to my brain, when I book one or two games and play I go to my daily hustle at night I checked my game fit it cut I rest, something I don't play game through out except weekend when they are lot of games, your husband has make his own to turn to habit and now that kind of human being, can't stay without playing games, put him into serious prayers that my advice to you.

1 Like

Re: My Marriage Is Stressing Me by millionboi(m): 3:27pm On Jan 10, 2023
Lance00009:

Exactly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Life In The 70's/80's Vs Present Day Life / Groom Abandons New Bride At Benin Registry, Takes To His Heels On Sighting Wife / Different Types Of Nigerian Mothers (MEME COLLECTION)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.