Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,278 members, 7,822,377 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password (24900 Views)

How Did You Come About Your Nairaland Moniker? / How To Change Nairaland Password / Who Is Your Nairaland Person Of The Year(2017) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by Emeka71(m): 2:03pm On Jan 12, 2023
Seun:
We will try to recruit moderators who will relay information speedily to me.
Good move.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by GloriousGbola: 5:53pm On Jan 12, 2023
ibkayee:

Yeah I know you’re Emeka 7. All you would do is write my name though, don't you think that’s a bit strange?

Ibkayee
Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by ibkayee(f): 5:55pm On Jan 12, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Ibkayee
Lool there’s a specific way he would spell it too, consistently
Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by Angbakpa(m): 8:33pm On Jan 12, 2023
Karleb:

Were dun wo. grin

Grow some brain. Amuni siwi.
Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by Karleb(m): 8:45pm On Jan 12, 2023
Angbakpa:

Grow some brain. Amuni siwi.

Guy rest joor. Kini problem e?
Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by Angbakpa(m): 9:29pm On Jan 12, 2023
Karleb:

Guy rest joor. Kini problem e?

Abeg no vex sir. I'm sorry please.
Seriously Na play I been dey play.
Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by NothingDoMe: 7:37pm On Jan 13, 2023
@seun. Seems the search function on nairaland only gives results from today. Nothing from past records.
Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by Seun(m): 7:55pm On Jan 13, 2023
NothingDoMe:
@seun. Seems the search function on nairaland only gives results from today. Nothing from past records.
Fixed. It had nothing to do with the password guessing attack.
Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by NothingDoMe: 8:08pm On Jan 13, 2023
Seun:
Fixed. It had nothing to do with the password guessing attack.
Thanks a lot!
Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by Chinny024(f): 5:29pm On Jan 14, 2023
GloriousGbola:

Cc ibkayee

This post should make headlines for the front page daily..or pinned at the top top corner on front page permanently as most people does not read backwards as to check previous days headlines/posts.

Shalom..

4 Likes

Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by Prinzton(m): 6:45pm On Jan 14, 2023
Chinny024:

This post should make headlines for the front page daily..or pinned at the top top corner on front page permanently as most people does not read backwards as to check previous days headlines/posts.

Shalom..
@seun. this suggestion looks okay.
Say at every 3hrs for some days until there is positive effect.

1 Like

Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by MrNipplesLover(m): 12:05am On Jan 15, 2023
Any werey wey hack my own account na fool...

Cos my records on nairaland is not normal: it is either u be ashawo guy like me wey dey carry olosho up and down, or u be konk politics and politicians 'curser'...

Anything other than this, u are useless...

Ogun kill all of Una hackers and all Nigerian politicians together!

E no go better for all of Una...

Mad people...

1 Like

Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by socialmediaman: 12:05am On Jan 15, 2023
Seun

Second time I’m asking this. How does someone change their password when they can’t change their email?

1 Like

Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by Darkseid(m): 12:10am On Jan 15, 2023
Olamilekxy:

Redesign of what ?

Nairaland is a forum site not social media.
I tire for these people always shouting redesign. The reason I frequent this Nairaland is because of how easy and simple it looks, and it still works great on old phones.
I can't even spend more than 5 minutes on Twitter or reddit because their over complicatedness.

7 Likes

Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by Bourne007(m): 12:26am On Jan 15, 2023
You should look into 2 factor authentication. Every site has it except this one undecided

Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.

1 Like

Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by Umunze1stSon(m): 12:27am On Jan 15, 2023
Ybholy:
Replace the share button to DISLIKE as that is what it’s meant to be since the share button is not actually sharing the post to anywhere.

I’m serious on this

Like to support
It seems you don't know how the share button works?

2 Likes

Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by Kajaard: 12:39am On Jan 15, 2023
ibkayee:

Not within the last 10 years, I must have before that though. But his quotes were literally just him posting my name constantly so it always felt trollish

That's his own way of flirting with you cheesy

1 Like

Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by Benmob: 1:07am On Jan 15, 2023
smiley wink cheesy grin angry sad shocked cool tongue lipsrsealed embarassed undecided kiss cry
Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by Nobody: 1:26am On Jan 15, 2023
Nairaland can adopt MFA
Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by Hizzojay(m): 1:55am On Jan 15, 2023
Thanks @Seun.

Password reset done!

Seun:
Fellow Nairalanders,

We have observed an ongoing password guessing attack against Nairaland members. The perpetrators have obtained a list of thousands of usernames and passwords from hacked websites & are systematically trying those passwords on Nairaland to take over your accounts.

If you have used your Nairaland username and password on other websites, they may be able to log in to Nairaland as you, mutilate your profile and send spam messages with your name. To prevent this, please change your Nairaland password to a unique password asap.

For the dozens of Nairalanders whose accounts have been affected, you would have gotten an unexpected login notification from Nairaland. All you need to do to secure your account is to logout, reset your password with this form, and correct your mutilated profile.

For those who are affected, we may scramble your password and log you out to force you to change it. Don't be alarmed. Just logout and reset your password with this form to regain access to Nairaland.

We have taken measures to slow the perpetrators down severely, but it's up to you to make sure that your password is secure.

Best Regards,
Seun Osewa.
Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by nairamaniac: 1:55am On Jan 15, 2023
silvoclaira:
shocked

Seun, Nairaland needs a Redesign/Rebrand

It will go a long way in giving your platform the attention and credits it deserves in todays SocialMedia/discussion forum platform

Redesign/Rebranding is necessary over these years to ensure you’re capturing the new products, services, members attention.
Hope you know that the more he adds, the longer it takes for each page to open.

2 Likes

Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by christianjoy(m): 1:56am On Jan 15, 2023
Light78:
Log out every member automatically.

Let the real ones log in
Seun follow up with this
Gracias
Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by doneback04: 1:57am On Jan 15, 2023
If I want to laugh, I come here to read comment and get the joy I want before I sleep it a new year seun, add more interesting app to make the place a resting place for all of us thank you
Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by nedekid: 2:02am On Jan 15, 2023
silvoclaira:
shocked

Seun, Nairaland needs a Redesign/Rebrand

It will go a long way in giving your platform the attention and credits it deserves in todays SocialMedia/discussion forum platform

Redesign/Rebranding is necessary over these years to ensure you’re capturing the new products, services, members attention.
Awon advisers don land.
This is seuns site, a sucessful one at that. Rather advise yourself to setup your own SITE.
Only in Nigeria will a man treakking past a mansion, will say they owner does not have taste, if he had adviced him the house would have been designed better.
We too have mouth. How can we advice a sucessful man, why not use the advice for ourselves.

1 Like

Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by nedekid: 2:04am On Jan 15, 2023
AfonjaConehead:

Please leave nairaland the way it is and has been,we don't need any rebrand abi debanj,thank you very much
He is an adviser grin
Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by paskal16: 2:10am On Jan 15, 2023
Don’t care I can always create a new profile lmaooo
Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by Ybholy(m): 2:37am On Jan 15, 2023
Umunze1stSon:

It seems you don't know how the share button works?

Tell me cox I can’t share it to WhatsApp or outside here
Re: Password Guessing Attack: Don't Reuse Your Nairaland Password by fuckboys: 3:04am On Jan 15, 2023
Ybholy:

Tell me cox I can’t share it to WhatsApp or outside here
And you've been here since 2014 grin grin

Any post you share gets shared to your followers here.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

10 Kinds Of People You Would Find At A Fighting Scene! (PHOTOS) / I Need A Technician To Fix This... / Hurray!!! Nairaland Is 10 Years Today!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.